AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What do you hate about Chaturbate / What do you love

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 23, 2021
Hello models

I want to know what do you hate and love about Chaturbate ? What features you hate or love ?

Thanks

We hate that we as an average married couple just having fun and trying to make some money to pay some bills are basically competing against professionals and studios.
As a with a disability I enjoy breaking out of my shell at times and chatting with the people. My wife and I also enjoy the exhibition part of it

Upvote 0
We hate that we as an average married couple just having fun and trying to make some money to pay some bills are basically competing against professionals and studios.
As a with a disability I enjoy breaking out of my shell at times and chatting with the people. My wife and I also enjoy the exhibition part of it
I'm a bit confused by this statement. I'm an independent model, but as it is my only job that I put a lot of effort and invest into I suppose I'm one of the professionals you're angry at? You hate that I'm trying to make a living at my job and don't just treat it as a fun little side hustle, did I understand it correctly?

Upvote 0
I think that it's actually a reason to love Chaturbate, not to hate it. Each person, whether he is an amateur working from his home or a pro working for a big studio has the same chance to attract attention of users and earn money. If your stream is interesting enough, you even have a chance to outdo these "professionals". In some way being an amateur and working on your own is an advantage, as you don't need to share your income with owners of any studios, and you can cam whenever you like, as much as you like. So i really don't get the complaint.

Upvote 0
I'm a bit confused by this statement. I'm an independent model, but as it is my only job that I put a lot of effort and invest into I suppose I'm one of the professionals you're angry at? You hate that I'm trying to make a living at my job and don't just treat it as a fun little side hustle, did I understand it correctly?
@_mika_ Oh god please, please don’t misunderstand my statement. I will admit that now as I read it back it is very, very misleading. I/we truly respect the models and people that work so hard t make a living doing it. For those that aren’t aware the amount of work, money, equipment, thought and courage that goes into doing this for a living is “amazing and should be respected”.

So I would like to rephrase that statement to eliminate the word “hate” which I don’t like the word anyway. I guess my intentions were to convey that “as just amateurs doing it out of our bedroom we tend to watch big rooms and are honestly jealous or envy (not hate) those rooms.”

Please, please ignore the way I worded my prior statement. I admit it was wrong and I meant no disrespect to anyone, but I understand the way it reads. For that I am sorry and hope you accept my apology

Upvote 0
I think that it's actually a reason to love Chaturbate, not to hate it. Each person, whether he is an amateur working from his home or a pro working for a big studio has the same chance to attract attention of users and earn money. If your stream is interesting enough, you even have a chance to outdo these "professionals". In some way being an amateur and working on your own is an advantage, as you don't need to share your income with owners of any studios, and you can cam whenever you like, as much as you like. So i really don't get the complaint.

I agree, having that "amateur" vibe is (or can be) much better.
Personally, I love that feeling because you feel more like you're with the person and hanging out, being with them doing everything.

A model I know is with a studio and she does ok but sometimes she will switch to her mobile camera and be at home after her real/studio show, and she usually does better on that than she does when she is in the professional environment. The amateur view is such a popular kind of category for guys.

@_mika_ Oh god please, please don’t misunderstand my statement. I will admit that now as I read it back it is very, very misleading. I/we truly respect the models and people that work so hard t make a living doing it. For those that aren’t aware the amount of work, money, equipment, thought and courage that goes into doing this for a living is “amazing and should be respected”.

So I would like to rephrase that statement to eliminate the word “hate” which I don’t like the word anyway. I guess my intentions were to convey that “as just amateurs doing it out of our bedroom we tend to watch big rooms and are honestly jealous or envy (not hate) those rooms.”

Please, please ignore the way I worded my prior statement. I admit it was wrong and I meant no disrespect to anyone, but I understand the way it reads. For that I am sorry and hope you accept my apology

Glad you realised the wording was wrong. Like Mika, I also thought exactly as she did from your original post.
Blame it on being Friday yesterday. End of the week.

I have honestly thought about this question though for "what do I love" about CB, and other than the models I have met, honestly there is not anything about the actual site I like or love.
I think the biggest reason I stay there is the fact it's where I met most models (even if they are also now on other sites) and I am more comfortable as I know the site well.
I could name 100 things for what I dislike or hate though (and that's not including the rude, horrible members etc haha)

Upvote 0
@Brett M …thanks for your understanding and comment I just hope she accepts my apology as I honestly didn’t mean to offend anyone and regretted posting it within minutes. It doesn’t read the way I intended it to and would honestly remove the word “hate“ with jealous or envy”. I also sent her a private message ”attempting” to justify what was 100% my mistake and fault

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
@Brett M …thanks for your understanding and comment I just hope she accepts my apology as I honestly didn’t mean to offend anyone and regretted posting it within minutes. It doesn’t read the way I intended it to and would honestly remove the word “hate“ with jealous or envy”. I also sent her a private message ”attempting” to justify what was 100% my mistake and fault
Apology accepted, thanks for clarifying what you meant!

• Hugs
Reactions: dunder_muffin
Upvote 0
I do have a CB model account, but I don't go on there anymore. Never cared too much for the site.

*Last time I logged into Chaturbate, I'd forgotten how much larger the webcam screen is than the little-ass webcam screen on MyFreeCams. Lol. I'm talking about it already being large without me having to do anything extra to make it large. I really liked that! I was like oooh, it's so big!!!

*I also liked that the tip sound isn't obnoxiously loud like MFC's.

I disliked that there's no option to determine who can/can't PM me (On MFC I have control over this). I'd log on to CB, and right away there are people going "PM bb" and not tipping me.
I don't like that I'm not allowed to wear my sexy nun costume on there. So we can get all of our holes fucked out in the open free chat, but we can't wear a sexy nun costume? Alrighty then...
I don't like that these poor models have to worry about getting banned for silly reasons (and with no explanation)...such as being reported for "looking too young." Um...some people would consider that a blessing. Lol. Pretty silly to penalize a model for "looking young" after you've already verified her ID. And getting banned because someone else used fraudulent tokens is ridiculous. Um...I once got a 1,000-token chargeback on MFC (They determined it was fraud). They did not ban ME. It sucked that I'd basically worked for free, yes, but they did not ban ME.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like that in most cases just hanging out with the model on a colored name benefits the models position. Even if you can't tip that day just being there helps the model and they arent as stressed out about a cam score system. I like the app/bot system, they are super generous with their affiliate program allowing their models to participate even from their bio is just incredibly generous when you think about it. I don't even think you can participate in the rev share affiliate program for MFC as an MFC model.

I don't like their level of communication on certain issues, i understand the lack of communication for certain things as those reasons are obvious but I feel like they could certainly let you know the ban reason quicker for some of these cut and dry cases. I don't like the whole looking too young thing, what happened to allowing the model to provide a 2nd form of ID to reactivate the account? I thought they were doing that for a while but now its just wait 6 months and try again.

Um...I once got a 1,000-token chargeback on MFC (They determined it was fraud). They did not ban ME. It sucked that I'd basically worked for free, yes, but they did not ban ME.

Don't get the wrong idea, if I had a stolen credit card, bought 5000 tokens, sent them to a random model today, the model isn't going to be banned.

Upvote 0
Don't get the wrong idea, if I had a stolen credit card, bought 5000 tokens, sent them to a random model today, the model isn't going to be banned.

I know you like to sing CB's praises, but you have no way of knowing whether or not a CB model will be banned over that. Anyone could take a quick look at the many, many "Banned on Chaturbate" threads on here to see the variety of reasons that models have been banned. This being one of them. So no, I'm not "getting the wrong idea."

Upvote 0
CB is the site I started out with, so it probably has my loyalty only because of that familiarity.

I do not like the tip sounds, they remind me of cheesy game shows and 1980's digital watch alarms. But other sites noises can be equally distracting!
I dislike the way that broadcasters are often treated, CB is quick to ban/suspend and slow to correct if that was warranted. Agree with comments above about "looking too young"; that's irrelevant if they have proven they are of legal adult age.
I like the fact that you can't be tracked down by another site user, i.e. they can't see if you are active on the site somewhere. But I do think some sort of registered user directory and friends list would be good whereby you could reach out and send a message to contact someone you know, rather than hoping the stars align and you happen to find them in the same room somehow.
The video and audio lag, and re-buffering of the feed, can also be problematic at times.

But the biggest suggested improvements for me would be:
- do not allow unregistered users to access the site, and
- mute all greys and automatically kick them from a room after, say, 15 minutes free indulgence :)

Upvote 0
I know you like to sing CB's praises, but you have no way of knowing whether or not a CB model will be banned over that. Anyone could take a quick look at the many, many "Banned on Chaturbate" threads on here to see the variety of reasons that models have been banned. This being one of them. So no, I'm not "getting the wrong idea."
I try to read them all, we know hundreds and hundreds of chargebacks happen each month nothing happens to the vast majority of models. They are looking for models that are colluding with criminals to profit from fraudulent tokens so at the very least they have to be looking for some specific patterns. My transaction as I worded it wouldn't be one of those. No aspect of my transaction would be linked to any previous frauds and i'd be giving way too much time to next pay out date.

Upvote 0
- do not allow unregistered users to access the site, and
- mute all greys and automatically kick them from a room after, say, 15 minutes free indulgence :)
While I perfectly understand your wish, I love Chaturbate for denying it.

It's the basic business concept of Chaturbate: Everybody can watch for free! Everybody can chat for free! And by tipping, people can show their appreciation and get some extra attention and see sexy action.

There are lots of webcam sites which allow only paying visitors to watch, plus a few free minutes for new visitors. I like how Chaturbate allows very different visitors to attend a channel, from anonymous to getting the gold medal in the top tipper list.

Of course that can be challenging for the model. Some grey people have as much manners as tokens. On the other hand, some are quite nice. As I like conversation anyway, I often see models who perfectly handle different degrees of behavior, kicking as the last resort only. I saw a model talking to several nice grey users for months. Now one of them changed his color, and when he visits her, he usually tips 1000+ tokens. He was a gentlemen when he was grey, and she loved talking to him. He still is a gentlemen, and one of her most faithful visitors.

There are nice guys of every color and there are assholes of every color. Maybe there are more bad guys among the grey users, as they don't care for being kicked. Yet, in my opinion, that won't justify kicking them all.

Upvote 0
I try to read them all, we know hundreds and hundreds of chargebacks happen each month nothing happens to the vast majority of models. They are looking for models that are colluding with criminals to profit from fraudulent tokens so at the very least they have to be looking for some specific patterns. My transaction as I worded it wouldn't be one of those. No aspect of my transaction would be linked to any previous frauds and i'd be giving way too much time to next pay out date.

And yet it still sounds like some of these models who aren't "colluding with criminals" are still winding up banned. Even if only one model gets banned over someone else's fraudulent activity, that's still one model too many.

I just think it's b.s. the way some of these models are treated, and I'm so tempted to go in some of those threads and hug them and tell them "Give MyFreeCams try if Chaturbate won't remove your ban!" I never worry about any of this fuckery when I'm on MFC. Too busy stressing out about my low camscore. :giggle:

I'd like to be able to post on here (Even if I'm just an ex-CB model) without you always feeling like you need to defend CB to me.

Upvote 0
I’ll keep my list specific to the customer experience. Likes:

- Tokens are a reasonable price IMO
- Compared to other cam sites, the mobile version of CB is a pretty good user experience
- the processing and organization of private show recordings is great; they are available rapidly and are well archived
- tip menus and toy “levels” menus are easy to locate (and very commonly used by models) which makes it super easy to figure out what I want to do, without having to ask about prices
- I like being able to follow a model from her preview thumbnail image without actually entering the room (sometimes I follow a few models from the same page of search results, then circle back to visit them afterward)

Dislikes:
- Finding out a model’s private show price is a bit of a clunky process (I do it by actually clicking to start a private show and then reading the pop-up before confirming)
- Minor thing, but on mobile web, the “Follow/Unfollow” button is too close to the Send Tip button (I’ve accidentally unfollowed a model while tipping due to this)
- They really need a much deeper system for filtering model search results, because they have SO MANY models. That large selection is good thing for customers, but only if they can find the models easier than scrolling randomly to page 13 or 25 and hoping for the best.

For example: currently I can view search results by gender (or couple), and then I can narrow it down by location (continent, basically), a few different age filters, new cams, private price, or a selection of hashtags. But a lot of those options can’t be used simultaneously.

If I could get a page of search results narrowed down to Female, Canada (or another specific country), brunette, an age range, private show price range, AND a handful of hashtags based on what I’m into, suddenly the impossible-to-navigate, 40+ pages of active female models is down to a few pages. AND it will be models I’m more likely to enjoy based on my search preferences, AND it will likely help a few great models stuck in the mid-to-lower overall rankings pair up with tippers who would enjoy their shows, if only we could find them.

Upvote 0
There are nice guys of every color and there are assholes of every color. Maybe there are more bad guys among the grey users, as they don't care for being kicked. Yet, in my opinion, that won't justify kicking them all.
I guess my experiences of using the site, and interacting with many grey users, are what I based my suggestions on for muting and time-limiting them.
Not the same thing as denying them access altogether.
But if they want to comment and chat, or stay longer to watch a show that could be free for them (since tipping is not mandatory), even a one-time purchase of 100 tokens for $10 would put an end to being grey.
Before the debate of buying tokens or not, is there an argument from greys that they should be able to access the internet for free, with a free computer or device and no paid data plan?

Upvote 0
I guess my experiences of using the site, and interacting with many grey users, are what I based my suggestions on for muting and time-limiting them.
Not the same thing as denying them access altogether.
But if they want to comment and chat, or stay longer to watch a show that could be free for them (since tipping is not mandatory), even a one-time purchase of 100 tokens for $10 would put an end to being grey.
Before the debate of buying tokens or not, is there an argument from greys that they should be able to access the internet for free, with a free computer or device and no paid data plan?

I’m a little more tolerant of grey users because I remember being one. I became a tipper once I crossed two important mental barriers: 1) I wasn’t sure I trusted the website with my financial/personal info, and 2) I found a great model that I wanted to tip so badly that it helped me get over the first hangup. Had I not been allowed to remain in her room as a grey while I sorted all of that out, I’d have forgotten the whole thing, and possibly forgotten about CB entirely.

However, I do not tolerate people behaving like jerks, no matter what color their username is. That may be the difference. I was once a grey, but at no time was I ever a disrespectful member (asking for things, bothering other users etc). I know a lot of greys are grey because they intend to freeload/behave badly. But I do think well-behaved, non-pushy greys are worth keeping around.

Upvote 1
I'm not intolerant, but I do think there is a problem. Tipping shows gratitude and appreciation.
The greys that I tend to see in the rooms I frequent are there every day, all through the show. They make requests. They make demands. They make crude comments. They bait tippers, new and regular. They moan when the model takes a day off, or if she is sick, or unable to do a certain act for a day or two.
Yet they return every day, regular as clockwork. They are not browsing the site, or building courage, they have a routine and an expectation of entitlement.

From this behaviour, I see no gratitude or appreciation shown.
Yes, there are rude coloured users. But at least the colour means they have shown gratitude and appreciation to someone recently, or at least plan on doing so, since they have tokens.
I guess it comes down to individuals, as mentioned. Some will always take and still expect more. Others will pay their way.

I'm sorry, I did not intend to go down this path to this level of detail. I'll stop right there :)

Upvote 1
… is there an argument from greys that they should be able to access the internet for free, with a free computer or device and no paid data plan?
I am not judging about what they should get. That's policy, governments deciding about social welfare plans which often include internet access.

I try to understand decisions. For a mall, providing WLAN access for free may be a rational business decision. Likewise, I think grey people chat because three involved parties each decide in their own best interest:

Chaturbate wants to maximize revenue from tokens and advertisements, and apparently they hope that allowing grey users to chat increases revenue.

A model wants to earn many tokens, and some models hope that grey users contribute to the entertainment and thus to the business. Also, some of them will buy tokens one day. Smoothie just presented a success story for that strategy.

And finally, a grey user obviously decides that it's best for him to watch and chat for free.

In summary, I can understand the decisions of Chaturbate, the models and the grey users, leading to grey users chatting in some of the channels of Chaturbate.

And I like it. I like to see how some models succeed in talking to grey users and getting rewarded, first be having good mood in the channel, and sometimes by getting tipped once the grey user buys tokens.

Like both of you, I don't like jerks, and I spend quite some effort calming them down. I may be a bit more patient with moderate jerks who tip a lot than with grey jerks who show neither tokens nor manners.

Upvote 0
We don’t mind grey users that aren’t rude or demanding. Actually as amateurs we need them most of the time to keep things moving and interesting. Plus, I think it’s a positive when my wife is interacting and talking with a grey (as long as it’s just fun chat), it brings out our personalities.

And let’s be honest…some of the greys can be funny as (well you know what) :rofl:

Upvote 0
I'm sticking to the platform and not the people in my critique.

Love:
  • That they are working to improve the look and feel of the site and adding and testing new features.
  • The new Discover feature looks interesting. It could be better if they added a section for following.
  • Tagging, apps and bots

Hate:
  • Looks like it's a late 90s website
  • Model discovery. It is not easy for someone to find a model that is not online. For example: we have to promote the hell out of our profiles on all the different socials so new people can find us. It would be nice for a user to be able to search and filter offline models.
  • PM and chat management is terrible. So easy to get lost in the tabs or lose focus on the room conversation because it's not easy to switch between conversations. Shine browser is better, but still could be much better.
  • How easy it is to rip a livestream and post on the bootleg sites.

Upvote 0
I would never work on Chaturbate again. Much better, more respectful and higher paying traffic elsewhere, but the main reason is the complete disrespect for models in banning indiscriminately. They seem to have a shoot first and ask questions later policy. I do not see these issues happening on other sites.

I have never been banned personally but I would be furious if I took time to build up a decent following and lost my account suddenly. There are so many threads on here where models are banned for no good reason (I suspect a lot are due to disgruntled viewers reporting them).

It's true some of them eventually get reinstated but I don't need my work flow interrupted that way. No compensation for all the money lost while banned. Even it they fixed it though, the low quality cheap traffic is a dealbreaker anyway.

Upvote 0
I don't like their policy regarding bans for "you look too young" . This is discrimination, it is equivalent to saying "you look too black to be on our site" "you look too gay" but apparently for the chaturbate administration this is normal. They just broke my life for the next six months and no one will help or answer for it , the whole year of hard work and earning an audience and regular viewers just flew away nowhere. After six months, I will return to an empty account (if of course I can return and do not stay on the street) and no one will need me because the competition will be even higher than it is now. In fact, they simply do not want to hire additional staff to recheck models and if the model is not from the top, they will easier to ban it for half a year than to figure it out. Disgusting. how sad that it is a site with such a policy that is almost a monopoly and has the largest traffic. I just want my normal life back.
And, of course, their excellent support, which ignores any questions for months. punker barbie will also not answer you with a high probability, less than half of the requests get answers here )))

Upvote 0
I like the CB offers an extremely wide list of features that helps to manage, moderate, and entertain your room.

Undoubtedly the biggest con is the lack of live support. Also, it's pretty sad that outdoor streaming is prohibited.

Upvote 0
I don't like their policy regarding bans for "you look too young" .
I agree. Targeted slander is far too easy on Chaturbate.

I already mentioned the bitch brigades, coordinating reports to attack a model they don't like, and get her warned and possible banned.

Several years ago, I used to visit a most amazing model, and some of her visitors destroyed her career.

She hat no tip menu and she offered nearly no nudity. On some days she would go topless for a few minutes, hidden behind a pillow or behind her chair. She talked a lot, and that kept a lot of visitors on her page who tried not to miss the few minutes of naked shoulder. They kept tipping her, and she earned tons of tokens every day.

Some visitors did not like that, especially those which did not tip her. They became aggressive: “Don't tip her! She won't get naked! Don't waste your tokens!”. And then they discovered the power of slander, and kept talking about how young she looks, too young. And they reported her and made other people report her. Chaturbate banned her, based on nothing but the rumors spread by a few freeloaders who became angry because they could not see her tits for free.

Doesn't Chaturbate trust their own age verification?

Upvote 0
I agree. Targeted slander is far too easy on Chaturbate.

I already mentioned the bitch brigades, coordinating reports to attack a model they don't like, and get her warned and possible banned.

Several years ago, I used to visit a most amazing model, and some of her visitors destroyed her career.

She hat no tip menu and she offered nearly no nudity. On some days she would go topless for a few minutes, hidden behind a pillow or behind her chair. She talked a lot, and that kept a lot of visitors on her page who tried not to miss the few minutes of naked shoulder. They kept tipping her, and she earned tons of tokens every day.

Some visitors did not like that, especially those which did not tip her. They became aggressive: “Don't tip her! She won't get naked! Don't waste your tokens!”. And then they discovered the power of slander, and kept talking about how young she looks, too young. And they reported her and made other people report her. Chaturbate banned her, based on nothing but the rumors spread by a few freeloaders who became angry because they could not see her tits for free.

Doesn't Chaturbate trust their own age verification?
Oh, I really understand what you're talking about. It turns out that anyone who simply does not like the model can throw her complaints and if it is not a top model with hundreds of thousands of subscribers, she will fly into a ban. I broadcast in the same format as the girl you told me about and I also had several angry gray users who liked to write nasty things, they created fakes when I banned them to continue. I wouldn't be surprised if they complained about me, I asked support to sort it out, but we all know chaturbate support, they ignore it and @punker barbie also ignores it, it seems to me if I send her hundreds of messages there will still be no response

Upvote 0
the very concept of "too young" is very relative. In addition, when chaturbate applies this policy, they confuse the concepts of "looking young" and "looking feminine". For some reason, this is equivalent to them, it's terrible

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.