AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What do you hate about Chaturbate / What do you love

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 23, 2021
Hello models

I want to know what do you hate and love about Chaturbate ? What features you hate or love ?

Thanks

… we all know chaturbate support, they ignore it and @punker barbie also ignores it, it seems to me if I send her hundreds of messages there will still be no response
It's probably better to write just one message. Chaturbate report replies, at least sometimes, just very slowly. And punker barbie helps a lot of people, but I guess she needs a few hours per day to sleep, and she gets a lot of requests here.

Yes, grey users complain most, especially about tokens spent wrong and the model not performing their preferred actions, though none of that is their business.

Upvote 0
It's probably better to write just one message. Chaturbate report replies, at least sometimes, just very slowly. And punker barbie helps a lot of people, but I guess she needs a few hours per day to sleep, and she gets a lot of requests here.

Yes, grey users complain most, especially about tokens spent wrong and the model not performing their preferred actions, though none of that is their business.
I wrote one message, after which I waited for about two weeks. There was no answer and I started writing several times again but there is no effect

Upvote 0
I wrote one message, after which I waited for about two weeks. There was no answer and I started writing several times again but there is no effect
2 weeks is very long. I contacted support several times. Once they took 2 weeks to reply. Often they did not reply at all. Sometimes they replied earlier.

And that's a serious situation for you, having no income while Chaturbate support ignores you.

Upvote 0
2 weeks is very long. I contacted support several times. Once they took 2 weeks to reply. Often they did not reply at all. Sometimes they replied earlier.

And that's a serious situation for you, having no income while Chaturbate support ignores you.
I work on other sites now, but for the category of guys, cb is almost the only site where you can earn decent money. I work on other sites now almost 24/7 just to make ends meet. Although everything was fine while working at the CB, I was able to relax, earn money and save money for my future goals, now everything is destroyed and there is no place to ask for help in reviewing my case:( I'm depressed and really tired right now

Upvote 0
Doesn't Chaturbate trust their own age verification?
This. Why have a process to comply with, if they will still ban a broadcaster who has done exactly that?
Any appearance of age is subjective.
To my simple mind, if CB stands by their age verification process, and somebody wants to complain about someone "appearing too young", then CB's response to the complaint should be to confirm the broadcaster has proven they are of legal age, and no further action is necessary.
And that really should be the end of it.

Upvote 0
I do not like that CB does not support its developers. They do not treat them as equal community members.

Cheers,
Cexmental

Upvote 0
I do not like that CB does not support its developers. They do not treat them as equal community members.
You invented smart ideas or pushed them to perfection. Your apps and bots don't use copied code. They are the result of genuine creativity and an infinite ambition to offer the best support models can get. They culminate in the very impressive Synergy.

And yet, Chaturbate won't appreciate your effort. Of course you are frustrated. Chaturbate's support for developers is limited to reading their requests and sometimes adding new features to the API. Their communication with developers is limited to “we constantly improve our software and we'll consider your suggestions for future releases“.

Anybody can write and upload apps and bots, and that is how Chaturbate treats developers: Like anybody else.

From their view, that might be the most reasonable way. App developers compete for supporting models. Chaturbate can just lean back and wait for models to find the apps they like most. And their resources are limited. They need their own developers for other tasks.

For my impression, they neither respect nor disrespect app developers. They do what's best for Chaturbate: They watch the apps improving, and every then and now they add some API features when needed.

Reactions: cexmental
Upvote 0
In my case, I have a list of things that I've gotten added to the public and test bed servers. I've made suggestions that have become actual updates to CB. I’ve found bugs, reported them, and followed up until they were addressed. I've made positive changes that have made CB better for everyone. In 3 years, I've only ever asked 1 thing of CB, and that was for promotion on their social media. They promote other community members on a daily basis, but always turn a forgetful eye towards developers.

It is difficult to compete with people who deobfusticate code and release plagiarism for $40 a bot! These *devs* have such an abundance of “copy & pasted” releases that often my unique offerings go unnoticed. CB’s app/bot garden isn't well organized, arranged, or searchable either. To be honest, it’s impossible to make money coding on CB when you write original code as I do. A little promotional support would have gone an incredibly long way!

I see all the updates CB does for models and then I see that they do absolutely nothing for developers (aside from an API update here or there, which isn’t really a benefit to devs as it just gives them more work. lol). I agree, they take an equal stance towards respect and disrespect for developers, but in that stance they truly make devs feel ostracized. I honestly don’t feel like I am part of the community that I've helped to change for the better!

Thankfully, my frustration is over. I'm now fully retired! lol. I am only crusading for change in the hopes that I can make it better for the next generation of developers.

Cheers,
Cexmental

Upvote 0
Something I really dislike is going to a model's room and having a bunch of banners and sticky buttons littering the page. I understand model's need to promote themselves but many times, it's just over the top. And something that will straight up make me never visit a room again is when a model tries to be clever and cover site navigation links. Like I'm gonna say "oh I guess I'll just stay here and spend all my tokens on you since you've clearly outsmarted me by covering up the next cam button" That just really irritates me. And frankly, the level of bio customization they allow surprises me. Many rooms end up looking like something you'd find on myspace back in the day. Tacky tacky tacky.

Upvote 0
Something I really dislike is going to a model's room and having a bunch of banners and sticky buttons littering the page. I understand model's need to promote themselves but many times, it's just over the top. And something that will straight up make me never visit a room again is when a model tries to be clever and cover site navigation links. Like I'm gonna say "oh I guess I'll just stay here and spend all my tokens on you since you've clearly outsmarted me by covering up the next cam button" That just really irritates me. And frankly, the level of bio customization they allow surprises me. Many rooms end up looking like something you'd find on myspace back in the day. Tacky tacky tacky.

I get the sense that a lot of the badly customized layouts aren’t intentional, just a result of poor coding. Even something as simple (seemingly) as changing the background color of the page often results in covered-up links and other problems.

But yes, it can be annoying.

Upvote 0
I like the CB offers an extremely wide list of features that helps to manage, moderate, and entertain your room.

Undoubtedly the biggest con is the lack of live support. Also, it's pretty sad that outdoor streaming is prohibited.

Outdoor streaming is only prohibited for 99% of models 😆 it's funny how their rules work and are reinforced sometimes. And with funny I mean very frustrating 🙃

Upvote 0
... it's pretty sad that outdoor streaming is prohibited.
The Code of Conduct says:
Independent Broadcasters may not broadcast from any public place, or from a studio or set that creates the impression that the Independent Broadcaster is in a public place.

Independent Broadcasters may not broadcast outdoors unless they are on private property with the owner's consent, and in an area not visible from the neighboring property.
Thus outdoor streaming is allowed on private property that provides protection from peeping passersby.

Reactions: bamdicted
Upvote 0
I get the sense that a lot of the badly customized layouts aren’t intentional, just a result of poor coding. Even something as simple (seemingly) as changing the background color of the page often results in covered-up links and other problems.

Amateur design is one thing. I'm talking about the ones who intentionally cover up site navigation with their own stuff. Like the next cam button/link will be covered with a link to their fan club. I've seen that more than once.

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
That's what the TOS says, but in practice, they ban even if you are broadcasting on the privately-owned property when there is nobody around.

Yeah, I wouldn't take that chance! You want a change of scenery when on cam? Just cam in the living room instead of your bedroom...and vice versa. Lol. Don't even risk it with CB.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.