AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What do you think is the most overpriced chain restaurant?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruth Crisp. If their steaks were amazing that I could see the $150+/person tab, but the times I've eaten I've been underwhelmed.

Have noticed that prices at restaurants have gone up significantly over the past couple of months. Seems that prices have gone up about 20% on average for both local and national chains. While I understand a little increase is necessary every once in a while, that to me is quite a significant jump at one time.

Outback Steakhouse

Denny’s in Canada. It’s so much cheaper in the states!

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
But Grill'd was the best Burger place I have ever been to. Oh goddddd. I'm ready to go back to Melbourne JUST for that restaurant.

Yes we definitely have have some of the best food in the world. Great chefs, exceptional quality produce and our multicultural society bringing influences from all over the world all combine for a culinary delight. Just don't expect any bargains...

Reactions: KylieJacobs
Five Guys

I think I'll second this one. I enjoy the burger but it's only slightly better than a couple of the local chains in my City. And then there are a few sports bars that do close or better cheaper.

Texas Roadhouse I feel like each time I go the prices have gone up.

I love old Chicago's but while their beer prices have been consistent I feel their food is overpriced on many items.

Reactions: JickyJuly
Applebee's or IHOP.

My small town finally got an IHOP built. Had been a decade or more since I had been to one. $11.89 for blueberry pancakes and a soda. Won't be back, ever. It was literally 14 blueberries, the rest is flour. WTF?!? (yes i was that annoyed i counted the damn blueberries.)

My small town finally got an IHOP built. Had been a decade or more since I had been to one.

Same here, I couldn't believe the prices they were asking and the place was far from clean!

$2.95 for a small 8 ounce glass of OJ? Really??

A small stack of pancakes was like 7 bucks!

The service was poor and the waitress acted like she was doing us a favor despite the place being empty.

Never going back to IHOP!

Haven't been to a Denny's for over a decade either, but if I get another hankering for some flapjacks... that's where I'll go.

Forgot about Hooter's too. Sometimes you can get better food at McDonald's and similar restaurants. More than half of them in our state have went out of business.

Dairy Queen
One burger meal and an ice cream should not surpass $15!!
I can't imagine DQ food actually being good. They're an ice cream place, you must assume everything they offer they just "heat up" for ya. (Jawbs and I have this comment exchange often when we drive by one.)

• Funny!
Reactions: MarinaThyme
A lot of steakhouses are overpriced. You should see the prices of this steakhouse in the city I live in. www.tornadosteakhouse.com/menu/
I know a lot of steakhouses are expensive, but I'd say that some of them are worth the cost per the service and quality of food you get. Outback is like a Denny's version of a steakhouse, you know what I mean?

I still love it though lol.

Dairy Queen
One burger meal and an ice cream should not surpass $15!!

I can't imagine DQ food actually being good. They're an ice cream place, you must assume everything they offer they just "heat up" for ya. (Jawbs and I have this comment exchange often when we drive by one.)

Not sure if this is nation wide, but in my area the DQ has a $5 Buck Lunch special. It's served all day, not just lunch, it just started out as lunch only. There's a few variations on it. Usually a bacon cheeseburger, crispy chicken sandwich, or three chicken strips (with a small side of country gravy for dipping). Some areas do a hot dog lunch as well. They just came out with a $6 variation too. But with the main item you also get a french fry, soda, and a small sundae.

It's actually not a bad meal. I've gotten the chicken strip one many times.

k
five-buck-lunch-logo.jpg

Reactions: MDouble00
Not sure if this is nation wide, but in my area the DQ has a $5 Buck Lunch special. It's served all day, not just lunch, it just started out as lunch only. There's a few variations on it. Usually a bacon cheeseburger, crispy chicken sandwich, or three chicken strips (with a small side of country gravy for dipping). Some areas do a hot dog lunch as well. They just came out with a $6 variation too. But with the main item you also get a french fry, soda, and a small sundae.

It's actually not a bad meal. I've gotten the chicken strip one many times.

k
five-buck-lunch-logo.jpg
So quite likely not overpriced at all, just crap quality for bangin' buck?

• Funny!
Reactions: MarinaThyme
So quite likely not overpriced at all, just crap quality for bangin' buck?

Yes and no. I'm mean yeah they are an ice cream place by brand so that is their specialty so to speak. But, their other options are basically like Dunkin donuts or Domino's etc selling sandwiches.

I'd say their chicken strips are on the better end of similar fast food offerings and for the price a good value.

The burgers are kind of meh in my opinion.

• Helpful!
Reactions: AmberCutie
Status
Not open for further replies.