AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is going on with SM?

• Thread starter Deleted member 69184
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 69184

So I decided to try SM once again today after being away for a week. And I’m just at a complete loss? I don’t know if there are technical issues or what but even regulars I did nice shows with came in my room today and ignored me and left. Then I get a show and he leaves after 40 seconds. Like are people getting disconnected from my room or what? This is really sad!

Solution
I could do just about anything…including walking dogs and make more…and maintain my sanity.

Yessss, take care of you mental self. Camming is going to be around, if you feel you are in a much better place to try again it'll be here. Your present self and wellness matter the most now.
Then I had a regular tell me he was not in the room only logging in…yet he showed up under my user list in the room? So I have no idea what is going on?

It is definitely difficult to stream on these days. Member logged on…member logged off…

Upvote 0
I don’t know why I keep trying. I can no longer make money on streamate and I need to finally accept the reality and leave it for good!
bless the gals that can still do well on SM! But I just sat for over an hour and made 4 gold= 1.40 my cut and there is no traffic as always!

Upvote 0
Final thing to say! I’m over camming! When you sit hours upon hours in silence….or the only person to say something says something so lame…and you make no money it’s just time to go for good!
I can officially say I HATE CAMMING!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Final thing to say! I’m over camming! When you sit hours upon hours in silence….or the only person to say something says something so lame…and you make no money it’s just time to go for good!
I can officially say I HATE CAMMING!!!!!!!!
Per your other thread, I would certainly say it's time for you to call it quits with camming. It is clearly having a really bad affect on you, don't want it driving you to mental or health problems.

Upvote 0
Per your other thread, I would certainly say it's time for you to call it quits with camming. It is clearly having a really bad affect on you, don't want it driving you to mental or health problems.
Agreed! Because if I have to sit 8 hours and still can’t reach a very low goal of $200 I could do just about anything…including walking dogs and make more…and maintain my sanity. My money goals are so low….and it’s impossible to reach. Kudos who can still cam fulltime as only income source….that ship sailed for me long ago.

• Hugs
Reactions: AmberCutie
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I could do just about anything…including walking dogs and make more…and maintain my sanity.

Yessss, take care of you mental self. Camming is going to be around, if you feel you are in a much better place to try again it'll be here. Your present self and wellness matter the most now.

Upvote 0
Solution
Dont give up! I noticed that when is bad day - is bad day everywhere! I had really shitty day today on chaturbate and MFC, my friend too and she is doing active show from the first minute. Today i noticed is full of errors also and just dont give up. Trust me -im girl who panic and also giving up very fast, but last days after weekend for me are really bad everywhere and not only for me. Will be good- take day off, rest, purchase positive energy and back on weeked. Also is 20th -some people doesnt have money, i noticed some have them from 25 th

Reactions: Schnauzevoll
Upvote 0
Dont give up!
Maybe you haven't caught up with the poster's other many threads, I think honestly it's better to quit the game at this point.

Upvote 0
Maybe you haven't caught up with the poster's other many threads, I think honestly it's better to quit the game at this point.
Nope I did not. I thought that was just bad day and wanted share that i also had bad today and is no reason to give up even after bad week but looks like i dont know all in this topic

Upvote 0
Agreed! Because if I have to sit 8 hours and still can’t reach a very low goal of $200 I could do just about anything…including walking dogs and make more…and maintain my sanity. My money goals are so low….and it’s impossible to reach. Kudos who can still cam fulltime as only income source….that ship sailed for me long ago.

Trust me...a lot of us have been frustrated with cam lately, and have decided to focus on energy on other things. You could try sexting sites like SextPanther, Arousr, and Phrendly, and - if you want - you can even offer phone calls and/or video calls on all of those.

If you drive a car, you could apply to deliver food to people for DoorDash and/or being a full-service shopper for InstaCart.
You can apply to drive for Uber or Lyft IF you're comfortable with having strangers in your car.

Very soon (usually sometime in October) seasonal job listings for mall Santa's helpers start showing up on the job search site Indeed. I've done that before (The Santa's helper job, and I've been the Easter bunny...in fact, this year I was an Easter bunny), and it paid every week and lasted for about a month.

Awesome blogs that post the latest work from home job leads:

The dog walking job is a great idea! It sounds like it's something you'd be happy doing. It's good to have a job you actually enjoy.

Links or apps for pet-sitting/dog walking jobs:
(A link to the Real Ways To Earn blog talking about 'Rover')

Upvote 0
You gotta do what's right for you so whilst you could just power through, take the bad days as they come and keep your hopes of good days coming back round, there's no shame in quitting either. If you were earning the same amount in a different industry, would you be better off mentally/emotionally? If so, that's your answer. At least for now. Camming will always be there to try again if you fancy it in the future. Good luck with whatever you chose!

Upvote 0
I have worked on 5 cam sites . And SM is a ghost town! It’s the only site I could sit on for hours and have not a sole come in to talk to. Can you even imagine how hard and depressing that would be?
the last 2 hours I sat online
Trust me...a lot of us have been frustrated with cam lately, and have decided to focus on energy on other things. You could try sexting sites like SextPanther, Arousr, and Phrendly, and - if you want - you can even offer phone calls and/or video calls on all of those.

If you drive a car, you could apply to deliver food to people for DoorDash and/or being a full-service shopper for InstaCart.
You can apply to drive for Uber or Lyft IF you're comfortable with having strangers in your car.

Very soon (usually sometime in October) seasonal job listings for mall Santa's helpers start showing up on the job search site Indeed. I've done that before (The Santa's helper job, and I've been the Easter bunny...in fact, this year I was an Easter bunny), and it paid every week and lasted for about a month.

Awesome blogs that post the latest work from home job leads:

The dog walking job is a great idea! It sounds like it's something you'd be happy doing. It's good to have a job you actually enjoy.

Links or apps for pet-sitting/dog walking jobs:
(A link to the Real Ways To Earn blog talking about 'Rover')

thank you…you always have great advice and sources to helpful information, I appreciate you very much!

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
You gotta do what's right for you so whilst you could just power through, take the bad days as they come and keep your hopes of good days coming back round, there's no shame in quitting either. If you were earning the same amount in a different industry, would you be better off mentally/emotionally? If so, that's your answer. At least for now. Camming will always be there to try again if you fancy it in the future. Good luck with whatever you chose!
So true. As long as the site doesn’t get shut down or you get banned….you can always return in the future. I have never found that when I took long breaks it affected me. In fact when I returned to CB after over a year away I had my best day ever…and regulars returned after all that time happy to see me.

Upvote 0
I have worked on 5 cam sites . And SM is a ghost town! It’s the only site I could sit on for hours and have not a sole come in to talk to. Can you even imagine how hard and depressing that would be?
the last 2 hours I sat online

thank you…you always have great advice and sources to helpful information, I appreciate you very much!

You're welcome. I'm glad you found it helpful. I've just been fired from Arousr, so I have to find something else now. 😢

Upvote 0
You're welcome. I'm glad you found it helpful. I've just been fired from Arousr, so I have to find something else now. 😢
I was just checking Arousr out yesterday. So sorry you got fired…are they super strict? Because if they get rid of hosts easily I will have to think twice about i?

Upvote 0
I was just checking Arousr out yesterday. So sorry you got fired…are they super strict? Because if they get rid of hosts easily I will have to think twice about i?

No, I really didn't think they're strict. Just don't mention anything about Twitter. Otherwise they'll accuse you of "directing members off the Arousr platform in order to receive a payment for services." 🙄

Oh well. Their site has been very buggy anyway, which caused me to miss out on several chat sessions. And sex sites should not have a payout minimum of $100 anyway (That's too damn high). Their loss.....

Upvote 0
Well the traffic and customers on SM are not good! Again…if your bless on SM with good traffic and paying customers consider yourself lucky!
and I don’t think the industry is recession proof at all. With the feds again rising interest rates yet again…I see things only getting harder!

people seem angry, or just silent, and most not willing to spend a dollar.
they have no issue being abusive in free chat…saying “fuck off” or worse.
And it seems to really have gotten worse the last 6 mns.

Upvote 0
Well the traffic and customers on SM are not good!
I really wish you would stop saying this. I am sorry SM is not a good fit for you and you don't do well there, and are not attracting a very high quality clientele to yourself.

I have platforms I've done shit on too, but I would never dream of coming to a public forum and trashing them, because I didn't do well on them. Nor would I dream of harassing their support staff. It's extremely distasteful.

I've been there coming on 8 years, and it's not luck. I've worked my ass off, been loyal and appreciative, and tried to treat staff and loyal Regs (or "horny pervs" as you seem to think is appropriate to refer to other humans as) well and compassionately.

Please stop trashing the name of the platform, or trying to, and lashing out because it's not a good fit for you, and hasn't been. It's a great platform that many of us bust ass for and love. I've ran my room strict with common sense boundaries, and I've had no issues whatsoever. Thank you.

Another thing I would suggest is perhaps looking into Financial Aid and going back to school.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoelleNoirxo
Upvote 0
I have also worked hard on there for over 3 years! And I am not harassing support staff! But camming does boil down to hard work and luck!!

Upvote 0
I have noticed lots of connection issues on Streamate this week and it' been a struggle for models and customers, BUT...
I still managed to hit my minimum weekly goal and really, its the ONLY plattform I am making a good amount of money.

Honestly, Streamate was the reason I quit a career of 20 consecutive years!!! Although I loved my job, I love camming on Streamate more and I love making waaay more money than on my previous job (where I spent years on the University and had 20+ years of experience in the field!!!).

I am a digital SW for the last 2 years. I have an account on almost every possible SW plattform, but nowhere have I made as much money as I make on Streamate.
So far, it's the answer to all my prayers, and I hope it stays so, because I'm kinda basing my future on their plattform...!!!:bucktooth:

I think it's what works best for your personality.
For example, I am struggling to keep up with the madness on CB and I don't like typing.
I find my communication with my guys and my ladies on Streamate way more direct and productive.
It's the way I function best. "Never say never", but, right now, I cannot imagine myself fitting into the world of a tokens site.

From my experience so far, it's about consistency and keeping in your mind that luck also plays a huge role. So, challenge your luck!!!
FRESH EXAMPLE, yesterday: I was live for HOURS and my sum was like $2/hour!
I thought, HOLY SH*T, I have never and I would never work for $2/hour, WTF!!!
Streamate's technical problems in combination with some bad luck was hitting on my nerves and patience, and I was about to panic and give up. So I said, I'l give it another fckn hour... Just ONE more fckn hour and I'm out (because I was like DEAD TIRED...).
Turned out, in that following hour I made DOUBLE my day goal!!!

If you can handle it mentally, keep grinding girls!
If not, prioritize your mental health!

I have said countless times to myself, "I wish I had started camming a lot earlier!!!". But the reality is, I can only handle camming now, because I have been through sh*tstorms in the past, that hardened me and forced me do the mental work required to NOT give a sh*t today.

Long story short, I understand that camming may be an amazing opportunity, but can also be more frustrating for younger people.
Again, and I cannot stress this enough: Prioritize your mental health.

💕

Upvote 0
My guess is that might be of their current changes, got a mail that for example nextlvl modeling (kinda an alias site of sm? mail said by octobr 2nd if i remember correct?) will soon just be just steamate, will also impacts payment and stuff so i guess it will be back to normal by next weekend?

Upvote 0
If you can handle it mentally, keep grinding girls!
If not, prioritize your mental health!

I have said countless times to myself, "I wish I had started camming a lot earlier!!!". But the reality is, I can only handle camming now, because I have been through sh*tstorms in the past, that hardened me and forced me do the mental work required to NOT give a sh*t today.

Long story short, I understand that camming may be an amazing opportunity, but can also be more frustrating for younger people.
Again, and I cannot stress this enough: Prioritize your mental health.

💕
Thanks for this! I have to remind myself a lot that I'm right where I need to be. About 3 months in and lots of learning curves.

Upvote 0
Ive been on ST since 2014, actually from 2012-2014 via a separate agency, then started working directly since 2014 (wow so 8 years). What I've noticed is from around the 21st of the month til around the 7th of the next month it gets a lil slower because people pay their bills, mortgages etc and are trying to get their expenses together. People like to go for the new girls. You can make good money for like the first 5 years if you manage to develop long term viewer-cammer relationships. Good bond, boundaries set, trust building, make sure you get to know them, type notes on their profile so you remember later. These regulars can last you years and years. I still have people come see me since 2014. Some recognize me also from my older profile since 2012. Its about keeping a humble attitude if you want some to stay around. Also show them you can't be taken advantage of from day 1. But you also have to realize that over time people want to explore other girls , you will definitely age, and look different so, earnings will decrease.

Reactions: mika
Upvote 0
Ive been on ST since 2014, actually from 2012-2014 via a separate agency, then started working directly since 2014 (wow so 8 years). What I've noticed is from around the 21st of the month til around the 7th of the next month it gets a lil slower because people pay their bills, mortgages etc and are trying to get their expenses together. People like to go for the new girls. You can make good money for like the first 5 years if you manage to develop long term viewer-cammer relationships. Good bond, boundaries set, trust building, make sure you get to know them, type notes on their profile so you remember later. These regulars can last you years and years. I still have people come see me since 2014. Some recognize me also from my older profile since 2012. Its about keeping a humble attitude if you want some to stay around. Also show them you can't be taken advantage of from day 1. But you also have to realize that over time people want to explore other girls , you will definitely age, and look different so, earnings will decrease.
Bit off topic but...This is an interesting point and one I see made a lot in this forum and other cam girl forums - about building up a base of regulars which will stick with you for years. But in my experience (and sure, I'm still new, I've only been in the industry 1.5 years) regulars are really not the bread and butter they are made out to be.

I can count on one (maybe two) hand(s) the number of regulars I've had since right when I first started. The number of regulars I've had who have seen me for a few weeks or months, then moved on, is an order of magnitude higher! (and very few of those ended unamicably, generally, they just see me less and less then finally stop). Also, that's exactly how I always envisioned it would go, because that to my mind is just how humans work, especially men who are looking for a bit of escapism. People get bored of the same thing all the time (or person). That's why so many are on cam sites despite having partners!

Whilst the regulars do make up a disproportionate amount of my earnings while being regulars, overall, my earnings come more from new faces discovering me each day. It worries me a little that my experience seems to be so different from the standard cam model experience! But I guess, like you said, you change, age, look different as time goes on so perhaps me not being able to keep regulars around for the long term will be a blessing in disguise!

Upvote 0
Bit off topic but...This is an interesting point and one I see made a lot in this forum and other cam girl forums - about building up a base of regulars which will stick with you for years. But in my experience (and sure, I'm still new, I've only been in the industry 1.5 years) regulars are really not the bread and butter they are made out to be.

I can count on one (maybe two) hand(s) the number of regulars I've had since right when I first started. The number of regulars I've had who have seen me for a few weeks or months, then moved on, is an order of magnitude higher! (and very few of those ended unamicably, generally, they just see me less and less then finally stop). Also, that's exactly how I always envisioned it would go, because that to my mind is just how humans work, especially men who are looking for a bit of escapism. People get bored of the same thing all the time (or person). That's why so many are on cam sites despite having partners!

Whilst the regulars do make up a disproportionate amount of my earnings while being regulars, overall, my earnings come more from new faces discovering me each day. It worries me a little that my experience seems to be so different from the standard cam model experience! But I guess, like you said, you change, age, look different as time goes on so perhaps me not being able to keep regulars around for the long term will be a blessing in disguise!
This is such a good read. Thank you for sharing .

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.