AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the New CB Game Streaming Feature?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
Apparently CB has a new feature to stream games during your broadcast. Can someone explain how that works? What will be the viewer experience? What is the interface to the model?

CB-Games.jpg

Basically it allows game developers to give all CB models permission to broadcast a game instead of 1 model at a time and having to notify CB support. So once a game developer signs up and gives permission the model will pick the game from the list of approved games and then be able to broadcast that game without getting into trouble.

So if you know any game developers feel free to send them to https://games.multimediallc.com/accounts/signup/

Edit: theres no fancy interface or anything it just does this when you pick a game from the list:
1627389117767.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have no idea what it’s about or how it applies to CB camming. I assumed it had something to do with the people that live stream playing games like Call Of Duty or something like that on places like Facebook or YouTube. I just know it’s over our simple heads and a feature that we will not even try to figure out 😂

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
I have no idea what it’s about or how it applies to CB camming. I assumed it had something to do with the people that live stream playing games like Call Of Duty or something like that on places like Facebook or YouTube. I just know it’s over our simple heads and a feature that we will not even try to figure out 😂
CB doesn't allow you to stream games normally because they are concerned about copyright laws. So this system is an easy way for game developers to give CB models permission to play their game on CB.

So if you happen to know any game developers feel free to tag them on twitter on this post:

Upvote 0
@cbhours ..Ok, I think I understand the concept. But to me it just seems like two completely different markets (live cam gamers and live CB cammers). I can’t wrap my head around the overlap of the two and what it would look like.

Then again like they say “It doesn’t pay to be stupid unless you show it“ and I’m on full display with this topic 🤷🏻‍♂️

Upvote 0
This is interesting. It opens CB up to compete with Twitch. And, it gives all the people getting banned on Twitch for sexy gaming a platform to game and make money.

Upvote 0
This is interesting. It opens CB up to compete with Twitch.
Definitely not, the way they have it set up.

MFC has always allowed models to stream video games, they don't give two fucks about copyright issues like CB overly-does, so we aren't limited to a handful of unknown indy games. And MFC does not compete with Twitch lol.

It's a very different audience. I was one of the models who started video gaming on MFC back when it had better traffic than CB, and it just does not work the way you think it might.

Upvote 0
CB doesn't allow you to stream games normally because they are concerned about copyright laws. So this system is an easy way for game developers to give CB models permission to play their game on CB.

It is so misguided isn't it? When you stream gameplay, you are giving the game maker free adfvertising, and you are in no way giving away actual game play.

Upvote 0
This is interesting. It opens CB up to compete with Twitch. And, it gives all the people getting banned on Twitch for sexy gaming a platform to game and make money.

Bingo. Exactly. And the market for streaming gameplay is huge. Twitch revenue in 2020 was around $2 Billion USD (looking at just one online estimate), so these are large consumer markets. It really depends on how they want to market this feature, and will they implement the right feature set for that market.

Upvote 0
@cbhours ..Ok, I think I understand the concept. But to me it just seems like two completely different markets (live cam gamers and live CB cammers). I can’t wrap my head around the overlap of the two and what it would look like.

I used to like a model who was obsessed with playing some tank game online. She was constantly asking me to play with her. Imagine such a model putting it on her token menu that you can play her now in Game X for Y tokens, and as soon as you pay, you both get online and start playing, and she streams the gameplay into her CB broadcast. If CB thought through the requirements, they could make that experience pretty seamless for both the model and the viewer, just taking you straight from the chat room into the gameplay environment.

Reactions: dunder_muffin
Upvote 0

Then again like they say “It doesn’t pay to be stupid unless you show it“ and I’m on full display with this topic 🤷🏻‍♂️

There are two places where there is an overlap. Games with erotic content like "My Twin Brother Made Me Crossdress As Him And Now I Have To Deal With A Geeky Stalker And A Domme Beauty Who Want Me In A Bind!!" and challenges where the model plays a game while chat distracts them with tips connected to a lovesense (or equivalent).

Upvote 0
That argument wouldn't hold up in court, even if it's unlikely that they would ever get sued

If you do a search for "Do Video Game Livestreams require a License?" on youtube their is a video from the copyright lawyer Leonard French about if livestreaming is a copyright infringement. It may depend on the game and the stream. I do know under Japanese law you do have to request permission before you stream.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smores
Upvote 0
That argument wouldn't hold up in court, even if it's unlikely that they would ever get sued
CB is covering its legal risks, and I agree they probably should do that.

When I say it is misguided, what I really mean is that game companies lose as much as they gain if they go after streamers. At the level of the giant companies, I guess you can imagine multi-billion dollar entertainment companies rattling swords with Google and Twitch/Amazon just because they have too many lawyers. But in the end I doubt the practice of streaming games will be stopped. Each side will shout at each other for a few years, and in the end they will spend $100M on lawyers, sign a bunch of legal agreements that change very little, and the practice will go on.

Upvote 0
If you do a search for "Do Video Game Livestreams require a License?" on youtube their is a video from the copyright lawyer Leonard French about if livestreaming is a copyright infringement. It may depend on the game and the stream.

Imagine that, a lawyer who says "it may depend". "Give me $10K and let me do some research on that." 😂

$10K later, the report says "it may depend". 😹

Upvote 2
Status
Not open for further replies.