AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What to charge for date night?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 21, 2014
Hi there, I am a new cam model who has just gotten into this business. I have recently been approached about doing "date nights" with a gentleman and I do not know what would be appropriate to charge for a night where you go about making/eating dinner perhaps playing some video games among other things and then falling asleep. He does want to do two consecutive nights.

Obviously since I'm new and still trying to create a client base, I want to charge something thats fair but not desperately low. What do you guys believe is a appropriate rate? (It is MFC so in "tokens" would be good, or I can do the conversion myself.)

I am a BBW model as well, note excessively so, but I feel that probably counters my favour.

This is set up all over skype, he would not actully be coming to my house at all. It would just be over skype.

Thank you

Sofie

Reactions: Miss_Lollipop
Scarlet said:
Hi there, I am a new cam model who has just gotten into this business. I have recently been approached about doing "date nights" with a gentleman and I do not know what would be appropriate to charge for a night where you go about making/eating dinner perhaps playing some video games among other things and then falling asleep. He does want to do two consecutive nights.

Obviously since I'm new and still trying to create a client base, I want to charge something thats fair but not desperately low. What do you guys believe is a appropriate rate? (It is MFC so in "tokens" would be good, or I can do the conversion myself.)

I am a BBW model as well, note excessively so, but I feel that probably counters my favour.

This is set up all over skype, he would not actully be coming to my house at all. It would just be over skype.

Thank you

Sofie

Personally, I take the amount of what I can reasonably hope to make in that time frame and charge that.

If your earnings are very low currently, then set yourself an hourly wage that you feel is fair.

Specific #s - anything less than $20 an hour is IMO too low.

Reactions: JickyJuly

No it doesn't. He is seeking YOU out - if he wanted someone who looked different, he would go to them. Please don't undersell yourself on the basis of your looks!

I can't tell you what to charge, but keep a few things in mind:

* On MFC, a Private show costs 60 tokens/minute or 3600/hour. A True Private show costs 80 tokens/minute, or 4800/hour.
* Some members prefer Skype to Privates because the quality of the video/audio is better, but also because they can usually negotiate a cheaper rate than an MFC Private show (and MUCH cheaper than a True Private, which is more like a Skype because no one can spy on it.
* Remember that unlike on MFC, a Skype will not end automatically when the tokens run out. It is VERY easy to let a Skype show run over the time that has been paid for because many models find it awkward or difficult to say, "Time's up, pal!"
* ALWAYS be sure to get your payment in tokens before you turn on your cam. Remember that offline tips on MFC will always appear highlighted in pink in your inbox.
* You may realize this already but Skype shows can be recorded, just like cam shows, so be sure you don't do or say anything that you aren't okay with finding on the Internet for the rest of your life! :)

I'd use all of the above to come to a price you think is reasonable. Personally I would not accept less than 40 tokens/minute for a hangout on Skype, but of course do what feels comfortable for you! I also would advise NOT advertising Skype rates until you come upon one that feels right; otherwise you may find that you have undersold yourself and now are committed to a bunch of Skype shows you don't feel are worth it to you. I did that in the beginning!

This is a bit unrelated but here's a couple of safety tips for Skype as well:

* Make sure you make a separate Skype account JUST for camming-- do NOT use your personal Skype account, even if the username is not attached to your personal life at all.
* If you will be using Skype you should probably connect over VPN. I use PrivateInternetAccess and I love it. It is incredibly easy for a person to find your IP address using nothing more than your Skype username, so it's wise to use a VPN to hide your location.

Skype does help your camscore, which is cool. I think it's a smart move to sell Skype a bit lower than privates when you're first starting out or trying to raise your camscore, it was a great help to me personally. I also charged less for longer shows, like if it was an hour or longer I would do 35 tokens/minute, whereas regularly I charged 50/minute. These don't have to be your rates, just giving an example! I think anyone asking for less than 20 tokens/minute is selling themselves short, but it's up to you.

Also, I always felt like it was important to me that I charged the same amount for sexual things as I do friendly things. I don't want people to think my time is worth less just because I'm not dildoing myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.