AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What to know before doing a professional shoot?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the shoot makes it professional?
Are you hiring some one? or are you being hired?
What kind of shoot is it?

Reactions: Shutterbuck
I have to agree that your question is rather vague.
My short answer as follows, in no particular order:
Know the terms of the shoot.
Know the reputation of the person or company you are shooting with.
Know your limits.
Know how to escape the situation if you become uncomfortable.

good lighting is key and being in front of the camera can get awkward with holding poses and all that i like to breathe count to three and change pose in my experience people tend to like natural settings and resolution quality in my heart tho i like to be more creative with my sets but you dont even really need t be artsy with it

Know that professional in the adult modeling or video industry does NOT include pushing your limits or boundaries, sexual harassment, unwanted touch, or anything that makes you feel uncomfortable or unsafe. Whether are you are in a winter coat, a bikini, lingerie, or nothing at all, it is paramount that you feel safe and respected. If you feel uncomfortable, it will show up in pictures. Communicate with the photographer/videographer/talent/others in the room if you aren't okay with what's going on right then and there.

Always let a friend or family member know when you're going to a shoot and where it will be, as well as an estimated time of when it should end. If you have a smart phone, share your location. It's just easier if you end up getting lost or something.

It is your job as a model to convey the image the client is looking for, and it is the photographer's job to capture the image the client is looking for.

If you are hiring a photographer for a professional shoot:
Know what you want. Don't copy others images, but having a visual can be helpful in showing what you're looking to get out of your time together.

If you are being hired for a professional photography shoot:
Get the photographer's website and social media, as well as the company they're shooting for (if applicable)
If you are booking independently such as from ModelMayhem they should be able to provide you with two models they've worked with as references.
Always ask for feedback and criticism. If you are being hired, they have something specific they are looking for. If you show you go above and beyond to show that you want to make sure they get what they've paid for, they'll not only appreciate it but remember it for other projects.

If you are being hired for a professional video shoot:
Know the website. Do not shoot for a company that can't provide you with a website unless you personally know the producers and directors from previous projects.
Know your limits. If you know what's on the website, you know what content they have and can better let the directors know what you are and aren't comfortable with. Have this conversation with your talent and director together before the scene.
Look at your talent's test. They may have a paper copy, or a screenshot on their phone. There should be a QR code so you can scan it. This should be done long before you see them naked.
Read the APAC model bill of rights

By the second month of camming I decided to have three professional photoshoots done. Investing in yourself and having photos done by professionals is a great idea. Model Mayhem is the site I used to search for reliable and trustworthy photographers. It can be a hit or miss so I suggest taking some time to search through profile and figure out what you are looking for. Will you want to shoot strictly nude content or a mix of both nude and non-nude? Don't be afraid to reach out and ask questions. See if they shoot in a studio or at their house. What type of equipment do they use? Scroll through examples of their previous work. Check to see their years of experience. Read reviews from models who have previously shot with them. I brought one of my team members along with me to help make me feel more comfortable and to also give me their feedback.

I'll definitely echo that model mayhem is a good place to find reputable photographers or simply asking around to any friends that may be involved in modelling. Always check references!

My only real suggestion is to find inspiration images, whether its to draw a pose, outfit, style, etc. and create an album on your phone in case your stumped during the shoot. I will always make a pinterest board before each shoot. Always pack too many outfit choices. Agree with the photographer prior to the shoot how many edited images you will receive back. I would probably aim for 5 outfits in a 3 hour shoot to give yourself a lot of content.

don't do shoots for guys with camera. get model recommendations to prove they are legit. they are usually the ones that are trying to build their portfolio and offer the same for you. ONLY TAKE PAYING GIGS!

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
and also loads of confidence! You can't do anything without it. Thee will be days when things don't go as smooth as you wished and those are the moments in which you don't have to lose your confidence!

Status
Not open for further replies.