AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What video Editor is best for making vids?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2017
Hi all. I recently started making vids to add to my camming and selling them as prizes, clips4sale, and manyvids. I was wondering what video editing app is best and what are some that you guys use?
It is hard to look for them when I google search programs that are for video editing there are not a lot that come up that fits what I look for, ie creative features, adding animations/text/sound effects/ color/filters, etc.
Can you guys list a few that you have used and any that is viable, safe and effectve for making nice vids?

Thank you in advance!

Hi all. I recently started making vids to add to my camming and selling them as prizes, clips4sale, and manyvids. I was wondering what video editing app is best and what are some that you guys use?

Kupido, what OS does your computer use? Bianca gave you a full featured editor for the Mac. Daphne gave you a free Windows solution that does less editing.

There are multiple solutions. Lot of options, just don't feel cornered to buy something - ask here and someone will have tried it.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I use Sony Movie Studios 13. It has a button to switch between simple and advanced editing, and you can get it for around $30 (amazon) now. They have a version 15 now as well.

I like it because I can quickly edit things, and it has the capability to do everything that I need it to right now.

If you want to do. Super advanced editing, you would probably want a more professional program though.

It depends on how complicated you anticipate your videos being. For very basic editing, Windows Movie Maker is awesome. You can clip out beginning and endings, add your credits, and done. Filmora seems to be the next step up - you can do all of that basic editing, but also offers more creative options, with the use of filters and overlays. I know a lot of models who really dig Filmora - it's pretty easy to learn, from what I've heard!

For more advanced clip making, I recommend Premiere Pro for Windows. You can do a LOOOOOOOOT with this program, especially if you have the additional Adobe suite programs (i.e., After Effects, Photoshop, etc). Pretty much anything you can think of, it can be done with this program. BUUUUUUT, and this is a big but, it really isn't intuitive to learn. The learning curve is pretty steep and you'll lose a lot of hours to watching tutorials and trying to figure out how to do everything. It can be pretty overwhelming and complicated at first. But it's my fave program because I can pretty much do anything. Still, it took me years to fumble my way through it and pick up the more complicated stuff.

If you've got a Mac, Final Cut Pro seems to be the Premiere equivalent - you can do a toooooon of creative things with that program, and I've seen @BiancaBaker create some WILD and amazing stuff with that program!

I use Sony Movie Studios 13. It has a button to switch between simple and advanced editing, and you can get it for around $30 (amazon) now. They have a version 15 now as well.

I like it because I can quickly edit things, and it has the capability to do everything that I need it to right now.

If you want to do. Super advanced editing, you would probably want a more professional program though.
It is also available on Steam it is called VEGAS Movie Studio 15 now because Sony sold it to Magix, but it is just the newest version of the same software so it is not kinda crappy like the rest of the stuff Magix publish.

It depends on how complicated you anticipate your videos being. For very basic editing, Windows Movie Maker is awesome. You can clip out beginning and endings, add your credits, and done. Filmora seems to be the next step up - you can do all of that basic editing, but also offers more creative options, with the use of filters and overlays. I know a lot of models who really dig Filmora - it's pretty easy to learn, from what I've heard!

For more advanced clip making, I recommend Premiere Pro for Windows. You can do a LOOOOOOOOT with this program, especially if you have the additional Adobe suite programs (i.e., After Effects, Photoshop, etc). Pretty much anything you can think of, it can be done with this program. BUUUUUUT, and this is a big but, it really isn't intuitive to learn. The learning curve is pretty steep and you'll lose a lot of hours to watching tutorials and trying to figure out how to do everything. It can be pretty overwhelming and complicated at first. But it's my fave program because I can pretty much do anything. Still, it took me years to fumble my way through it and pick up the more complicated stuff.

If you've got a Mac, Final Cut Pro seems to be the Premiere equivalent - you can do a toooooon of creative things with that program, and I've seen @BiancaBaker create some WILD and amazing stuff with that program!
An upside worth to mention about Premiere is although it is a bit pricey and we non Americans get screwed on the Currency conversion, is that you pay monthly for it nowadays so you don't have to shell out hundreds of dollars at once for it and the other programs in the creative suit. Here is a tutorial for it made by Taran Van Hemert who works as a video editor for Linus Tech Tips where he shows how he edits a Linus Tech Tips video from start to finish. It is over 4 hours long so I would only recommend it to someone who is genuinely interested in getting into more advanced video editing.

Yes the downside to Premiere is the monthly payments. To me that's a huge pain in the ass. I'd rather just buy something and own it. I hate that they changed it. It's a money grab. That quickly adds up when it's $20 a month. More if you want to add on something else. I use Filmora and it's the best. One time payment for forever use. Super easy to use and learn. They sell packs you can buy to add in special effects like explosions and whatever else you can think of. They even have music you can use. But the basic program gives you a ton of stuff still. You can download it and play around for free to try it out. Just anything you save is watermarked by them unless you buy it. It'll give you a good idea of what it's like though first.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
If you are new with edition start with windows movie maker. Also you can use filmora.

https://www.winmoviemaker.com/
I use Movie maker, great for adding a watermark/title/credits, transitions, etc. The basic stuff that my laptop can handle. Exports in up to 1080p.

I used to use Filmora but my laptop can't handle it anymore, I'll be able to use it again when I get my new desktop though. I absolutely loooove Filmora, and it's pretty inexpensive for what you get out of it. Exports up to 4k I believe.

• Helpful!
Reactions: kupido
I would suggest DaVinci Resolve 14 It is available on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux and it is free. Here is a tutorial for it so you can see how it works and decide if it is the right software for your needs.
I second this. Started using it this year. It's free and lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.