AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

what's a good rate for a private show?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
how much are tokens in money?

Earnings-wise for models, it's 5 cents per token. So 20 tokens on Chaturbate = $1 in your pocket. Now I know why I wasn't getting privates on that site. Lol. I had no idea it was standard to charge amounts like 6 tokens or 12 tokens per minute for a private show.

Reactions: anabeauty37
Earnings-wise for models, it's 5 cents per token. So 20 tokens on Chaturbate = $1 in your pocket. Now I know why I wasn't getting privates on that site. Lol. I had no idea it was standard to charge amounts like 6 tokens or 12 tokens per minute for a private show.
From what I've observed it's only really studio models who charge that price. 30-60 is more common. I imagine this will change though with the introduction of 42 and 72 as options.

you should be able to make your own rates like you can on cam4 what i mean is there is a setting where you can say. 100 tokens for ten mins. making it 10 tokens per min. however on cam4 if i remember right you get 10 cents per token.

Thank you for the info! Ouch that is really low! I rarely go below making 3-5$ a min (my share, after the % the platform takes, though that has changed lately too. Things haven't been getting better but worse on some sites sadly :) )

Last edited:
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Thank you for the info! Ouch that is really low! I rarely go below making 3-5$ a min (my share, after the % the platform takes, though that has changed lately too. Things haven't been getting better but worse on some sites sadly :) )

That's why I'm relieved that MyFreeCams just sets the private show rate (60 tokens/min.) and true private show rate (80 tokens/min. for us. When I was on ImLive (only getting 30%), I used to stress about whether to charge $5.80, $4.80, or $3.80. And then guys would come in there asking for my "discount code."

ManyVids Live used to have it set at 60 tokens/min. like MFC, but they changed it to where a model can charge anywhere from 5 tokens to 600 tokens per minute for a private show. I know a lot of models are happy about that option, but I really hope 5 tokens/min. doesn't become the norm on there.

That's why I'm relieved that MyFreeCams just sets the private show rate (60 tokens/min.) and true private show rate (80 tokens/min. for us. When I was on ImLive (only getting 30%), I used to stress about whether to charge $5.80, $4.80, or $3.80. And then guys would come in there asking for my "discount code."

ManyVids Live used to have it set at 60 tokens/min. like MFC, but they changed it to where a model can charge anywhere from 5 tokens to 600 tokens per minute for a private show. I know a lot of models are happy about that option, but I really hope 5 tokens/min. doesn't become the norm on there.
Yes, setting rates really low doesn't really serve good to anybody, it undervalue what it should be and sets a bad precedent. To be able to fluctuate the rate, to a certain extend, has its advantage too. Lets so for more experimented models, or more willing ones, or for these that simply do great even with higher rate, like fetish and some others, then its only a good thing. So when it goes on the higher side, its great! But there should be only so low one's should go lol

anyone else here.... with mental disorders. whenever i cam i'm always scared someone will notice. with is why i did not cam for about 10 days i needed a break. i may be on today. not sure.

sometimes i wanna quit... its difficult
Managing time, personal/work time and space is not that easy and comes over time. The best way is being able to control your mindset, so you can filter things adequately when online and offline. But it will still most likely always be a bit of a roller-coaster. There are tricks that helps. Though the severity of it might depends the type of mental disorders and might need to seek professional help? There is support for that too. Adult work related is harder, but I know of Pineapple Support, can always look into that too if you need either an ear to talk to, or seek for an adult friendly therapist. As for the day to day, trying to keep a proper mindset, keep motivated and help to filter and manage along with camming, I try to help with my academy, but so far I been mostly doing 1 on 1 mentoring private consultation, which is better for this type of situation anyway. I wish you luck and hope it will only get better 🤗

Reactions: anabeauty37
From a viewers standpoint I was a bit shocked to see how low the prices for privates are sometimes. I think everything under 60tk/min is ridiculous if you do the math. There is also the time used for preparation, PM, communication before the show, and shower, break etc. after the show. These 5-30 minutes is time without any payment as far as I can see which lowers the effective earnings quite a lot.

But on the other hand I know that you sometimes have to sell your product below their worth to get a foothold in the market. I can see how challenging it is to find the right moment to adjust the price without loosing too many clients. Seems a lottery to me.

I think a clear communication is good. If you increase the price it might be an idea to announce sth. like "enjoy my privates at their current rate for one more week before I will increase it".

From a viewers standpoint I was a bit shocked to see how low the prices for privates are sometimes. I think everything under 60tk/min is ridiculous if you do the math. There is also the time used for preparation, PM, communication before the show, and shower, break etc. after the show. These 5-30 minutes is time without any payment as far as I can see which lowers the effective earnings quite a lot.

But on the other hand I know that you sometimes have to sell your product below their worth to get a foothold in the market. I can see how challenging it is to find the right moment to adjust the price without loosing too many clients. Seems a lottery to me.

I think a clear communication is good. If you increase the price it might be an idea to announce sth. like "enjoy my privates at their current rate for one more week before I will increase it".
Its always feels so good to me to see viewers, like you, that understand, are considerate and respect all of what is involved. It is a very competitive "market", even more so since Covid, and for newer models, it is often a way to help speed up the process to build a fan base. Yet there are a lot of viewers like you that are you to visiting cam site and are as understanding and respectful as you are, and I think there is a tendency for models to have lower rates under the fear that no viewers are like this. Or to keep as busy as possible. There is a middle range to be found I think, which would be beneficial for all (again, it depends on what models offer, willingness, attention quality, experience etc) But There is such thing as, like if you're an artist, and you try to sell your art, and sell it for $20, people wont take the artist seriously, or the art will appear as lower value. While challenge, it worth to try to not undervalue one self to much, while trying to make it (or keep up) with the over saturated market.

Thx @LittleRedBunny Academy !

People like me might economically be a small factor for models, because I do privates not often. But that's also the reason why I don't mind what it costs me in the boundaries of my finances of course. If I would do it often, then the prize would bother me of course. Also its a mayor turn on for me when the model is happy. :-] And I rather eat 300g of the best chocolate once a month with a lot of fun than 10g a day with a bad feeling. I hope no one takes offense me comparing models and chocolate :)

I think models shouldn't fear loosing clients too much. It will happen if you increase your rate. Of course it is a downer but if you charge double you need only half the clients to make the same money AND in half the time. So if you focus on the half of your initial clients that are willing to pay the new rate you win some time to work on the quality and go on from there. Its like mass production versus hand made stuff. But that's also a bit easy to say, I guess thousands of other factors come into play. The hard part is that if you can't really go back to a lower rate without hurting your standing somehow.

To me it's all about confidence. People used to complain that my tip menu was too expensive despite just about everything being 100tkns or less and wouldn't even play Roll the Dice for 20tks. Now I attract users who are happy to pay $18/min plus extras just to take me private.
You have right

also should i allow recording. i just don't like the idea of it its on profile forever and they can show it too people don't like that idea. sure you can still be recorded i know but i just don't like the idea. thats why i am no-nude in free chat too many odd's of being recorded. maybe i will do a flash if someone tips enough but no more. just wondering if i was too flash boobies for a minute how much should it be ? i know i would make more if i was nude in free but it just makes me uncomfortable. am i alone her hope not
You do know that people can record anyway? Of course it isn't legal.

As a customer, I prefer to be able to view recorded sessions. Some models have "not recorded", but when they know me and I ask them for record they almost always say yes. Might I suggest that it is a way for you to go. You are in control.

you not alone, im also not confortable getting full naked in free chat, never did in 11 y of chaturbating so is fine. But yes i do flash boobs, even go topless . Now price i guess depends on the boobs, i usually atract viewers with my big boobs i charge 120tk for boobs flash and 444 tk for 5min topless but i have 2 girls working with me they got smaller boobs they charge 90 tk per flash and 222 for 5min topless . I dont alow recordings.. About making more if beeing full naked free this is relative, there are guys and guys on the site , they like different things .
Did you mean you flash boobs or go topless in public chat? I am new and non nude in public. I will add nudity in privates but not sure to just stick to topless or fully nude. What are your views on toys if you just used them in privates would you lose a lot of money due them being reactive to tips?.

Did you mean you flash boobs or go topless in public chat? I am new and non nude in public. I will add nudity in privates but not sure to just stick to topless or fully nude. What are your views on toys if you just used them in privates would you lose a lot of money due them being reactive to tips?.
yes topless in free and flash ass not pussy , in pvt i do shows , im just not confortable to do that in public, never did never will . and yes about toys to react to tips, yup loosing lots money if you dont have , i was one of the models who refuse to use a lush for years till i saw my earnings dropping like 50% .. abiut naked or only topess in pvt depends how much money u planing to do as a model, if you want a lil u can only show boobs and guess noone come back for other pvt, or if you dedicate yourself to the guy who pay and give him a nice time, guess you will build a naughty pvt guys regulars .. in my case is this way, i dont ofer much in free so i give them option to get the hot part in pvt and i have lots pvts ..In my opinion to be a good earnings non nude model need to be either american-native english speaker to make them like you for your personality and stories u can say.,, either a young looking innocent shy girl .. :angelic:

Reactions: BlueBelleBlue
I know non-nude models who are doing really good without even hand-bra and never do any pvt . A room ie like Shy_Jane on CB is very rare but works really fine
(eta: out of topic as subject is pvt price... but I let it there)
A few people have suggested this model to me too and she is very good and sexy but she did do more in the early days.

I know I'm jumping in late but I'm a MFC Member that's been around for a long time and honestly I can't stand privates for several reasons, one being the minimums. If the member is a premium member with at least 5k points I think the model should waive the min. Guys who have at last 5k in reward points aren't cheap and would come back so in the long run it would make up for the min.

I know I'm jumping in late but I'm a MFC Member that's been around for a long time and honestly I can't stand privates for several reasons, one being the minimums. If the member is a premium member with at least 5k points I think the model should waive the min. Guys who have at last 5k in reward points aren't cheap and would come back so in the long run it would make up for the min.

That might often be the case, but not always. I've seen cheap behavior from MFC members with large amounts of tokens visible (and reward points). Not all of them behave like the "big ballers" like their screen names imply. I am happy that MFC has that minimum tokens feature for privates. Not cool to take a model out of public chat into private if you only have a total of 90 tokens (That won't even get 2 minutes of a show).

Reactions: GraysonDrake
That might often be the case, but not always. I've seen cheap behavior from MFC members with large amounts of tokens visible (and reward points). Not all of them behave like the "big ballers" like their screen names imply. I am happy that MFC has that minimum tokens feature for privates. Not cool to take a model out of public chat into private if you only have a total of 90 tokens (That won't even get 2 minutes of a show).
I totally agree with that.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Status
Not open for further replies.