AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What's a realistic minimum bandwidth needed for a good HD stream broadcast?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 30, 2020
A model friend is setting up to work from home. She thought that she had 1Gb fiber arranged but turns out she can't get that now so needs to find an alternative service.

What's about the minimum she should look for to ensure a good at least 1080 HD broadcast? 4K?

She'll be using OBS and streaming mostly to Chaturbate and StripChat if that makes any difference.

Cb shows the following but I don't have a good sense for whether these are bare minimums or good practical working numbers:

CbSpeeds.png

Are those realistic for a good quality stream?

Thanks. Very helpful.

So at a practical level to account for multiple sites and to ensure some extra overhead for others there doing normal stuff maybe step up to whatever next higher tier service? e.g., 20 if you need 10? 50 if you need 20? Price isn't much different. Seems to me might as well just to be safe given it's their primary source of income.

It also depends on how good of compression you are using in OBS. A bad compressor will use 10Mbps for a 1080 and look like crap, and good one will look great at 4Mbps.

Test it by setting it up and then just record a video and then play back the video and see what the quality looks like using different settings.

6mbit should work ok for 1080p. If you are on 2 sites you need to double that plus add a tiny bit. so Say 15MBit for 2x6. And do not go over your upload that will cause issues. I do 4mbit on 1080 and it seems to look good but this is lower than CB indicates will work. I have an old nvidia card and have all of the quality options turned up so it does a good job at 4mbit.

From what I know the AMD videos cards aren't great at compressing. All of the nvidia cards that have compression seem to be pretty good, especially if you turn up the quality options. I don't know about the different version of the intel graphcs, I used an 6th or 7th gen intel once and its quality was not the greatest.

another component is her computer's specs have to handle streaming in 4k and split streaming. preferably a newer i7 generation processor. she can have the highest upload speed available, but if her computer's cpu cant handle it, then no beuno.

A model friend is setting up to work from home. She thought that she had 1Gb fiber arranged but turns out she can't get that now so needs to find an alternative service.

What's about the minimum she should look for to ensure a good at least 1080 HD broadcast? 4K?

She'll be using OBS and streaming mostly to Chaturbate and StripChat if that makes any difference.

Cb shows the following but I don't have a good sense for whether these are bare minimums or good practical working numbers:

View attachment 89857

Are those realistic for a good quality stream?
Hello,I am using 300mbps speed (india)of internet 5G , ping is 2-3 . But it also depends on your laptop quality to broadcast in good res

Yeah, computer, cam, lights, et. al. are taken care of and good.

She's moving to a new place and they'd said that fiber service was available. Then turns out not at the last minute so she's scrambling to find an alternative.

Wouldn't that take away your HD tag? why not stick to the CB min of 5mbps for 1080p
I only have 5mbps of upload bandwidth currently. so 4 or so is the best I can do right now. I live a few miles outside of a major city in a rural area with limited ISP options. And that is with my location being at a fairly significant road for these sorts of services. So my options are much better that neighbors just a 1/4 mile further away. I believe it will still register has HD just not HD+

Status
Not open for further replies.