AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What's "Average"?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2020
www.onlyfans.com
Twitter Username
@ItsEllaOnline
Chaturbate Username
EllaOnline
So I'm still very new to CB. I took some time off between my first and second streams for mental heath reasons. I lost the "new" tag, but I didn't care too much because I needed that time. Everyday is slow. Making a few cents a day to $1.5 an hour has been average for the short time I've been doing this. I tend to get on for around 4 hours at a time. Last night I made $5.93/hr, which was an accomplishment that I was happy with. I'm well aware it will take time to build up a base, and I've been okay with that.

However, I got laid off last week. I was able to secure a low-paying part-time gig to help me live, but I'm having to move out of my house because I can no longer afford rent. Basically, I'm essentially reevaluating everything. I was already planning on going back to school in September, but it's the meantime that concerns me. I'm not factoring camming into my budget because I don't make anything from it currently, lmao. If I stick it out on CB - which I plan to - when would you say things picked up for you? What is average for a low-earning model?

Last edited:
Depends on what you do on cam I guess. None nude, no toy, no following and no new tag anymore is a bit harder to build on but I’m not sure if you have an interactive toy or what you do on cam. When I started on CB, my goal was $100/day and that replaced my other part time work so I could be there for my family and the crazy schedule that a normal job didn’t work for anymore. I was only on about 4 hours I think if that a day and I normally hit my goal. Now I’m not very happy if that’s my hourly take since my average is higher (I only do about 2-3 hrs a day)

@Danigirl When your goal was $100/day, did you just stay on until you made that? I do nude, but not 100% yet. I have strip goals (bra off, etc.) and try to work up to a hidden cum show. I have a lush. I had turning the lush on as a goal for a bit. I never met it, so yesterday was the first time I started the stream with it on. I'm definitely going to do that more. I try to move around and tease/dance and keep my room "preview" looking good. I have an average of 7 people in my room, but usually only 1 who chats and doesn't tip and maybe a random person who comes in to tip and leave.

Ella, have you messed around with CharlesBot to have it post your toy menu?
I have him post it, alternating with my regular tip menu. That helped a lot between first day and third day. Even today, when I got on for like 40 minutes, having the menus posting kept 30-40 in there chatting/tipping to tease me and I walked out of the room with a crisp $20 without taking off my bra.

I just started working with Charlesbot and i have to say that it is wonderful. I have it posting my twitter account every 10 min or so. It helps make it look like there is something going on in my room even when there isn't a lot of activity. My next move is to do the menus as @MissEchoMoon had said. Charlesbot was one of the best recommendations that were given to me. Charlesbot.com

I stumbled upon Dorothy's Ultra App and Dorothy's Ultra Fembot on Chaturbate, which might be a good substitute since CharlesBot is only for MFC?

Also, I'm starting to wonder if my trouble is that my menu and stuff is "too expensive." I had a guy be a dick to me the other night about it ( "I wouldn't even pay my dream girl that much" ). I know there will always be assholes like that, but it definitely made me second guess my worth. 🤷‍♀️ Maybe I should lower everything and then work up.

I stumbled upon Dorothy's Ultra App and Dorothy's Ultra Fembot on Chaturbate, which might be a good substitute since CharlesBot is only for MFC?

Also, I'm starting to wonder if my trouble is that my menu and stuff is "too expensive." I had a guy be a dick to me the other night about it ( "I wouldn't even pay my dream girl that much" ). I know there will always be assholes like that, but it definitely made me second guess my worth. 🤷‍♀️ Maybe I should lower everything and then work up.

Don't be so drastic. Look at the WHOLE and make decisions not weigh everything on the word of any one person. Whatever price you set the obligation of selling that price will always be on you. Sometimes that could be as simple as changing your pitch to be less negative or ensuring the mood of the room helps sell home the idea that your persona only gets better when in a pvt or after tipping. This is a skill and will not come right away but you can't avoid it either.

Reactions: MissEchoMoon
Poke around other model’s tip menus and get a feel for how much yours differ.
The reality is that guy was probably just pissy he couldn’t convince you to show something for his cheapskate ass.

In this industry it's super easy to question your worth. I have high self esteem and after a bad day of sales or worse yet...a bad week of sales, I'll entertain lowering my rates. Another camgirl said it best: your low goal for the day is to cover the basics; your medium goal for a little extra; your high to splurge & save.

Figure out what you NEED to make and think about the qualities you have worth paying for. Everyone has them. And as other members have stated: higher rates attract better quality members.

Your rates AND your vibe attract your tribe. Perhaps work on the vibe a bit more. Meditate daily, eat clean, hydrate optimally, smile more.

To address your original question: when I started back up it was dismal. I had one week where I streamed 28 hrs on SM and made $250 with high rates. I was full time streaming anywhere from 30-40 hrs a week. I didn't start making $500+ a week until about a month later. And I'm a niche model. That's supposed to help. Camming can be treacherous and you've gotta really want it to make it through the tough times.

@Danigirl When your goal was $100/day, did you just stay on until you made that? I do nude, but not 100% yet. I have strip goals (bra off, etc.) and try to work up to a hidden cum show. I have a lush. I had turning the lush on as a goal for a bit. I never met it, so yesterday was the first time I started the stream with it on. I'm definitely going to do that more. I try to move around and tease/dance and keep my room "preview" looking good. I have an average of 7 people in my room, but usually only 1 who chats and doesn't tip and maybe a random person who comes in to tip and leave.
I only leave when it’s dead, my body can’t take it anymore or I have to physically leave to be somewhere else. If the cam session is going good, I’ll stay on as long as I can.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
your low goal for the day is to cover the basics; your medium goal for a little extra; your high to splurge & save.
That really is a great way to measure and plan it.

when people as what your goal is for, how do you answer that?

Saying for bills or to live just seems wrong and weird

Just remember not everyone has the same screen and actually might not be able to see a long room topic. It could be as simple as they can't see the entire room title and asking you what it all says. Just because the question should seem to be obvious doesn't mean it is. Keep a little empathy that sometimes it's not a troll or an opening of debate. If they're using a tablet a lot of large room topic get cut off for example and they have no mouse to 'hover over' the topic to expand it.

@SMuser69 I think my sarcasm became lost in that, I'm sorry not enough coffee yet. There is a disconnect when I'm in a room with members and I'm asked about what my goal is for. The inability to come up with something witty is lost and there is nothing for me to say. I was curious as to what people say when they are asked.

@SMuser69 I think my sarcasm became lost in that, I'm sorry not enough coffee yet. There is a disconnect when I'm in a room with members and I'm asked about what my goal is for. The inability to come up with something witty is lost and there is nothing for me to say. I was curious as to what people say when they are asked.

I'm just saying as a member we're asking questions because we don't know the answer or having trouble finding the answer. Sometimes with room topics it because the model is past their first goal and hasn't updated the topic to the new goal and giving a sarcastic or witty response instead of a straight clear one will just cause more confusion. It's like when models say, 'maybe later' as a nice way not to say NO but then get annoyed when the same member keeps asking when 'later' is.

I appreciate all the comments! 💗

Don't be so drastic. Look at the WHOLE and make decisions not weigh everything on the word of any one person. Whatever price you set the obligation of selling that price will always be on you. Sometimes that could be as simple as changing your pitch to be less negative or ensuring the mood of the room helps sell home the idea that your persona only gets better when in a pvt or after tipping. This is a skill and will not come right away but you can't avoid it either.

Haha, while I am a little dramatic, this is all brainstorming! I'm not going to change my whole approach based on a few people trying to bring me down. I truly love hearing other peoples perspectives and experiences in this forum. It helps me remember keep things in perspective. I would say that my persona isn't negative at all. When I sense myself feeling down or negative internally, that's when I log off. You're totally right, it is a skill! I'm working on it :) I'm just a baby cam model, and one day I will be a real boy!

Just wanted to say that all the multi-goals that I have are because I want to do them, not just because I need the money. I really enjoy teasing and being in front of the camera, which is why I do it, and why it would be nice to have more people in my room. Obviously, the monetization of it is a factor, like I don't want to do stuff for free when I could be getting paid for it. But I don't speak to that within my room. It would be nice if others also wanted to see me naked, lol. It think that comes in time. When I don't reach any, it's not like I log off and think "damn, I won't be able to pay my bills," it's more like :troll: "damn, I wish people liked me" But that's my own self-esteem baggage, lol. I'm mostly joking..

Reactions: Lady_Sha and DoD404
I'm working on it :) I'm just a baby cam model, and one day I will be a real boy!

First of all - love this

Second, I think things are getting lost in the text. I love being in front of a camera but I also love being able to make money. I know some members like to hear about a goal. The problem is, there isn't always a goal. I don't know what the goals should be. Examples are needed, that was really all that was trying to be said. :)

Reactions: EllaOnline

Good question. This time of year it's usually pretty slow for me & streaming long hours with small breaks is a nightmare when I'm hardly getting traffic & sales are low.

Meeting my low goal of $100 for the day takes anywhere from 4 hrs to 6. During slow times I stream 2 hrs then take an hr break, jump back on for another 2 hrs, break for an hr again then finish the last 2.

If I make low goal in 4 hrs I still stick to my schedule. If I haven't made low by the 6th hr streamed I end my day. It's terrible for my mental health to keep pushing on a bad day. I accept the reality then hit self care hard, get 8-9 hrs rest then start a new day.

Reactions: EllaOnline
Dorothy's Ultra app is nice, and there is even a goal, games, and ticket show app that works well with it, and the creator is pretty accessible if you have any problems/recommendations.

Ella, have you messed around with CharlesBot to have it post your toy menu?
I have him post it, alternating with my regular tip menu. That helped a lot between first day and third day. Even today, when I got on for like 40 minutes, having the menus posting kept 30-40 in there chatting/tipping to tease me and I walked out of the room with a crisp $20 without taking off my bra.
how do you use charlesbot?

In this industry it's super easy to question your worth. I have high self esteem and after a bad day of sales or worse yet...a bad week of sales, I'll entertain lowering my rates. Another camgirl said it best: your low goal for the day is to cover the basics; your medium goal for a little extra; your high to splurge & save.

Figure out what you NEED to make and think about the qualities you have worth paying for. Everyone has them. And as other members have stated: higher rates attract better quality members.

Your rates AND your vibe attract your tribe. Perhaps work on the vibe a bit more. Meditate daily, eat clean, hydrate optimally, smile more.

To address your original question: when I started back up it was dismal. I had one week where I streamed 28 hrs on SM and made $250 with high rates. I was full time streaming anywhere from 30-40 hrs a week. I didn't start making $500+ a week until about a month later. And I'm a niche model. That's supposed to help. Camming can be treacherous and you've gotta really want it to make it through the tough times.
but you know 250 a week pays all my bills at the end of the day. I made 900 probably the feb month and that was without working 5 days a week. I usually work 5-6 days a week and get 1200 and I'm lucky other times work 5 days a week and make 400 the whole month at regular jobs so I like this about this job that I can work a 8 hours one days and pay all my bills that week even if it is ot a lot to other models.

It certainly has helped me out of the rut I've been in without my paperwork to work etc I just need 1000 to pay my expenses I keep wondering how is it if I work and make everyday it is hard to do though especially the cum shows but I'm getting through them.

Reactions: Lady_Sha
First of all - love this

Second, I think things are getting lost in the text. I love being in front of a camera but I also love being able to make money. I know some members like to hear about a goal. The problem is, there isn't always a goal. I don't know what the goals should be. Examples are needed, that was really all that was trying to be said. :)
is it weird I really don't care about being in front of a camera I literally just want the money. Like I actually stopped doing it because I thought my job would pick up. And I did it originally because I stopped saving and wasn't showing up at work. Then I quit my last vanilla job on january 1rst or 2nd I think 2nd official just walked off the job. and blocked my manager's number told her I quit bye. Because they were problematic angry supervisor was getting high on breaks and sending me home when he was high because he didn't like me just because. Plus owner was always hard on me and the new guy made so many mistakes and tried to blame them on me. And where I was living my mom didn't even want to watch my dog and I could not leave her so I was like I'm out and I'm done. And went back home. I bought a laptop with the money and said this was my only job I could work. Because I have no legible social security card so I started working here because I remember making 25-50 a day just with going topless let alone nude and cum shows. SO I had a whole drama thing right before I started working my mom tried to get me out and I had to move with this crazy guy for a little while until I moved into where I'm at now which is better because I only share my room with one guy who works all day until 6 so I get to work all day but the main guy does drugs all day long and barges in here while I'm doing cum shows despite knowing what I do. And it's a place for druggies and criminals on top of it. So clearly after the mess I've been in all month trying to move and make a living for myself clearly I'm doing this for money who in my situation would ever do this to not get money? I would not do it if I wasn't being paid idk why I would. I mean I could just send some nude photos to some hot guy on a dating site if I was concerned on the sexual side of it and have a chance to actually get some sexual pleasure out of it if that's what I was looking for. When I'm on mfc it's literally my job because I don't have any other job I can do rn. So without it I'm literally homeless in a little over a week at best maybe sell this laptop have 3 weeks before I hit the streets. By march 20th I'd be iterally homeless without this job. So idk is this for all the wrong reasons to cam? I'm pretty sure we're not supposed to be mentally attached are we?

also I know it's tacky but I always say it's to pay my bills. That it's my job. But not upfront usually when they're trying to get something free if I was asked though I would say it's to pay bills because for me I don't know how else to explain or hide that fact which to me just seems obvious for me. Like normally in life I don't break out a dildo and do a cum show in the middle of the street no payment lol so why would I there? To me they're no different then strangers on the street maybe worst because you can't see them anyhow but I know it's not proffessional either though but I don't have anything I could actually say

Last edited:
how do you use charlesbot?

you add the bot as a friend, then PM !help for the command list. There’s a website I think I googled CharlesBot to see the instructions more clearly.
Tip: it seems like members were more chatty if I set ad intervals to to about 10 minutes and have them varied.

I googled CharlesBot
So I did and it drives on this page : https://charlesbot.com/commands/#
The button 'start here' at top of the page displays this :
1582871445760.png

It seems to have a lot of options there, but not all are to try...
I guess that you should see the most common commands in the tutorial displayed when tipping !joinroom :/
(just curious... being a man, I think that I can't try it on mfc xD ^^)

So I did and it drives on this page : https://charlesbot.com/commands/#
The button 'start here' at top of the page displays this :
View attachment 83372

It seems to have a lot of options there, but not all are to try...
I guess that you should see the most common commands in the tutorial displayed when tipping !joinroom :/
(just curious... being a man, I think that I can't try it on mfc xD ^^)
Yeah as a model bot, I’m not sure the functionality is even remotely the same for members.

Reactions: DoD404
Status
Not open for further replies.