AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Whats your favorite soda?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mountain Dew Voltage. The berry flavor is nice, and it has ginseng in addition to caffeine, so I'm actually able to get a decent amount of energy from it.

Lemon & Paeroa, Cream Soda flavour. The supermarket near my house was sold out for a while and I was so sad.

Reactions: CharlieCharma
Mountain Dew Voltage.
The amount of sugar in that stuff combined with the caffeine/ginseng makes me feel so sick :(.

Diet Caffeine Free Dr. Pepper is my most common soda. I know it's boring with no caffeine or sugar, but I save my calories for other snacks I crave, and try to limit myself to one cup of coffee in the morning for caffeine intake (I'm sensitive to it.)

The amount of sugar in that stuff combined with the caffeine/ginseng makes me feel so sick :(.

Diet Caffeine Free Dr. Pepper is my most common soda. I know it's boring with no caffeine or sugar, but I save my calories for other snacks I crave, and try to limit myself to one cup of coffee in the morning for caffeine intake (I'm sensitive to it.)

I used to get a bottle of Surge and a bag of sour skittles every day when I got to the Boys & Girls Club after school. My tolerance is out of this world.

Orange soda & Sprite! I'm not a fan of dark sodas like coke or pepsi

For fun:

What happens if you drink too much caffeine?

I used to get a bottle of Surge and a bag of sour skittles every day when I got to the Boys & Girls Club after school. My tolerance is out of this world.

That brings back memories of high school and weekend long AD&D sessions. Cases of Mountain Dew, root beer, Jolt, bags of Skittles, M&M's, pizza, and Pop-Tarts were our nutrition over the weekend. We'd start as soon as we all got there Friday afternoon, and go until about 8:00pm Sunday evening.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
What happens if you drink too much caffeine?
I easily get withdrawal headaches if I don't continually intake caffeine.

I actually endured a bunch of MRIs and appointments with a neurologist many years ago because I was getting mysterious migraines, mostly on weekends. I worked a corporate office job where I had daily all-day access to a cappucino/coffee machine and had probably 3 coffees a day. Then on weekends when I had days off, I'd only have a cup of coffee, then weirdly had migraines.

It was withdrawals from caffeine. Even though I was still having *some* my body got used to like 150+ mg of caff per day, and couldn't handle only having about 50 per day on weekends.

I didn't realize that until I had the extensive tests done. They're also called "rebound" headaches, because I was using Excedrin Migraine to cure the pain, but that has caffeine in it too. :)

So I try now to stick to less than 80 mg caff per day, most days less than 60 so that it isn't such an impact if I miss a day (due to being sick or anything stopping me from having my daily cup o joe.)

Reactions: CharlieCharma
I easily get withdrawal headaches if I don't continually intake caffeine.

I actually endured a bunch of MRIs and appointments with a neurologist many years ago because I was getting mysterious migraines, mostly on weekends. I worked a corporate office job where I had daily all-day access to a cappucino/coffee machine and had probably 3 coffees a day. Then on weekends when I had days off, I'd only have a cup of coffee, then weirdly had migraines.

It was withdrawals from caffeine. Even though I was still having *some* my body got used to like 150+ mg of caff per day, and couldn't handle only having about 50 per day on weekends.

I didn't realize that until I had the extensive tests done. They're also called "rebound" headaches, because I was using Excedrin Migraine to cure the pain, but that has caffeine in it too. :)

So I try now to stick to less than 80 mg caff per day, most days less than 60 so that it isn't such an impact if I miss a day (due to being sick or anything stopping me from having my daily cup o joe.)
When was the last time you had an energy drink?

actually endured a bunch of MRIs and appointments with a neurologist many years ago because I was getting mysterious migraines, mostly on weekends. I worked a corporate office job where I had daily all-day access to a cappucino/coffee machine and had probably 3 coffees a day. Then on weekends when I had days off, I'd only have a cup of coffee, then weirdly had migraines.

This sounds kind of like what my ex-wife did. She started complaining about headaches, jitteriness, and rapid heartbeats one day. When I commented on how much coffee she'd been drinking lately, she called me a heartless, insensitive asshole and she was going to go see an "expert" on the cause. When I got home from work, I asked her how her Dr's visit went. She said she was fine, no medical problems. Was caused by too much caffeine. She acted like we'd never had the conversation a couple days prior...

When was the last time you had an energy drink?
About a month ago. I had our favorite Monster Lo Carb (the blue one). I felt queasy and nauseous all day after, so I probably am done with those completely.

Dr. Pepper Zero, which is rare to find in shops here and when I do find em, I turn into like a doomsday prepper and start stockpiling :S

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Mostly just Dr pepper and occasionally coke. I typically don't drink soda unless it's mixed with rum but when I'm low on energy and need to be up late I'll drink a can or two. It's the only caffeine I can have every day that doesn't cause a major spike in anxiety. I miss you real coffee.

I'm a real soft drink fan. Sampling fun sodas is actually a low key hobby of mine, but I try to limit myself to special occasions. If you make drinking soda a habit, it stops being a treat. Plus, if it's a treat, then you can splurge a bit on special brands.

My absolute top, #1 favorite is Original New York Seltzer. Raspberry is my jam. I was lucky enough to be able to get at a fountain at my favorite sandwich shop where I used to live. That was amazing. These days, I'm fortunately able to get it by the bottle at a local grocery store, but it's pricey. A 10 oz. bottle costs about the same as 2 liters of the standard brands. Totally worth it. I drink it and pretend I'm a millionaire.

There's two popular regional sodas that I really like. Apple beer is fun. It reminds me of Hornsby's cider, my favorite bevarage from the days when I drank alcohol. Then, there's my absolute runner up #2 favorite, Ironport. Not only does it have a super cool name, but every time I drink it, I feel like I'm part of a secret club because finding it takes insider knowledge. As far as I have found, it's only sold in inland NW states, like Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming, and you can only get it from soda fountains -- it isn't bottled or canned. I would describe the taste as sort of like Dr. Pepper, only less fruity, or a cream soda without much cream in it. It's pretty subtle for an American fizzy drink. There's actually a popular drive-thru soda fountain in my town that serves it with a bit of cherry added, and it's just the best.

Now I might have to get some.

If you want a Coke, Irn Bru, 7-Up, Sprite, etc., then that's usually referred to as a "soft drink" over this side of the pond. In the UK, if you ask for "soda", you will be given something like a Schweppes, Canada dry, or some other similar Indian tonic water, 'cause that's soda on these here shores.

Overall, I tend to prefer flavoured water over fizzy pop. Coke is ok, I prefer the fully leaded rather than the soulless diet or caffeine-free versions. I don't drink it as much these days though... Irn Bru is more to my taste and is more popular than either (cough, cough!) Pepsi or Coke this side of the border. It usually competes for space with some lemon & lime flavoured bottled water in my fridge.

Personally, even though I've tried Relentless, Red Bull, Monster etc. they all taste pretty naff to me and I avoid them.:yuck:

A few other Brit drinks you may find on US shelves...

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2014/05/five-great-british-soft-drinks-americans-try

:)

I try to limit my soda intake. But, generally if I buy soda it's Pepsi or Dr. Pepper. Gun to my head Pepsi is my favorite. Last meal request would include Pepsi, Dr. Pepper and Canada Dry Ginger ale

I cut sugar out of my diet, so diet dr pepper is my usual go to if I'm drinking for caffeine and soda water for tequila, whiskey, and vodka mixers.

I really love root beer, sassafras, cream soda, peach nehi, italian sodas with cream in them, and cheerwine though.

And cherry cola when I feel like singing.

Last meal request would include Pepsi, Dr. Pepper and Canada Dry Ginger ale

I'd have to say the toughest shopping decision for me to me at the grocery store is which beverages to buy this shopping trip. When in doubt, I get like 3 - 5 of the 2-liter bottles of Canada Dry Ginger Ale and some other beverage.

I get annoyed with myself, though, when I pour it...go do something on the computer...and then forget that I still had more Ginger Ale left in the cup. Because these kinds of beverages lose their flavor/fizzy fizz when you don't drink them right away, which sucks. I wanna be able to go "Aaaaah!" with satisfaction when the fizzy fizz reaches my throat (Does that sound dirty?). :)

I rarely drink soda's But if I do it's gingerale I actually picked up the green tea ginger ale yesterday because I have not had it in so long.
Also, a root beer or cherry pepsi on a rare occasion because sometimes I want the carbonation to be strong enough to attack my throat lol.

I'm gross. I'm addicted to pop. I used live on Diet Coke. Now, I can't touch the stuff. Mountain Dew from Taco Bell is my favorite. I also like fountain Cherry and regular Coke.

Status
Not open for further replies.