AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

When a model receives a big tip/is successful...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HiGirlsRHot said:
Lots of studies have shown that guys consistently on agree which girls are most attractive. Both guys and girls 1-10 rating on sites like IamIhotornot (or Facebook early on) show little variation. Although things like clothes and make-up can enhance appearance and bad cams, lighting etc can detract from appearance,generally speaking good looking girls have better cam score. I can honestly say that I have yet to see a camgirl with camscore over 10,000 who was not good looking, and most are drop dead gorgeous.

Studies? Where? I can only think of 2 girls with camscores of higher than 10,000 than I would consider to be 'drop dead gorgeous'. The rest are just average looking really. This was always proof to me that you need more than just looks to be successful on MFC...can't just sit there looking hot and expect to get rich.

Swirl said:
HiGirlsRHot said:
Lots of studies have shown that guys consistently on agree which girls are most attractive. Both guys and girls 1-10 rating on sites like IamIhotornot (or Facebook early on) show little variation. Although things like clothes and make-up can enhance appearance and bad cams, lighting etc can detract from appearance,generally speaking good looking girls have better cam score. I can honestly say that I have yet to see a camgirl with camscore over 10,000 who was not good looking, and most are drop dead gorgeous.

Studies? Where? I can only think of 2 girls with camscores of higher than 10,000 than I would consider to be 'drop dead gorgeous'. The rest are just average looking really. This was always proof to me that you need more than just looks to be successful on MFC...can't just sit there looking hot and expect to get rich.

If you can only think of 2 girls with scores higher than 10,000 that are gorgeous, you should consider getting your vision checked. ;)

Swirl said:
you need more than just looks to be successful on MFC...can't just sit there looking hot and expect to get rich.
[/quote]

While I do agree with this last statement I ALSO have to echo Allison on the 'ARE YOU FUCKING BLIND?' part...

Some people have higher standards than others.

Sorry guys, but there are a whole crapload of premium members on MFC that are absolutely perplexed as to why X model has such a high camscore. It's one of the most popular observations on the site. Sure, we all have our own tastes and some have higher standards than others, but I'm not really that picky. I just think personality and charisma and luck are much bigger factors than how a girl looks.

nervous101 said:
A model got a huge tip like 4000 tokens. Would she even notice my 20 tokens, or even feel insulted?

Tip her and find out. What do you have to lose? It's only 20 tokens, which is like $2 out of your pocket. If she does something snobby like roll her eyes at your 20 token tip, then now you know not to bother tipping her again. There are plenty of models who would appreciate it, and smile and thank you for it.

Don't hold out on tipping just because you think a small tip looks stupid...it doesn't. And if a model really hated small tips, she could use that minimum tip feature anyway (though I don't recommend models use it).

40 members tipping 20 tokens each would pay for that cute pink Wii controller I saw at Walmart...lol.

Studies? Where? I can only think of 2 girls with camscores of higher than 10,000 than I would consider to be 'drop dead gorgeous'.

Yeah...I kinda have to jump on the ole "agreement" bandwagon on this one, Swirl! I've actually seen quite a few models with camscores below 10k. In fact...I hang out with a couple that have scores that could be considered "in the basement." One of them is barely over 1k. But that doesn't stop her from trying to have fun with her room and keep a smile on her face. Though I'm sure that's not always an easy task!

Not to sound like a total chiche...but for me...when models use that massively erotic sex organ that resides between their ears, it makes them all the more drop dead gorgeous!

Not knocking you...just agreeing with the others.

Just my :twocents-02cents:

Reactions: LadyLuna
LadyLuna said:
Agree, although I think some people's tastes are simply off the conventional track. For example, of Charley's Angels, I was more attracted to Kate Jackson's ("the smart one") character than Farrah and Jaclyn.

AllisonWilder said:
Swirl said:
HiGirlsRHot said:

If you can only think of 2 girls with scores higher than 10,000 that are gorgeous, you should consider getting your vision checked. ;)

Seriously if you think these 3 girls (the only ones currently on with 10K+ currents ) are a "5", you must blind, crazy, or simply have no conception of what average means. Try this simple poll show these pictures to non-blind friends, relatives or co-workers :lol: and ask them to choose which adjective best describes these girls gorgeous and average, get back to us with the results ;) This thread lacked pictures so thanks for the excuse to add some.

As I said in my long post showmanship (charisma) and room conversation (personality) matter a lot. However, the weighting of looks, charisma, and personality varies a lot by guys. ACF members put much more emphasis on personality than the average MFC members. I am sure there exist lots of models with a great personality and put on a terrific show, but if they aren't good looking they don't get 10K camscore. Conversely, I watched a clothed Sexy_Beatrice (the blonde) while "researching" 10K camscore along with 600 guys, her show consisted of telling guys to tips her to get naked. I had a hard time stop watching her to finish the post. :p

HiGirlsRHot said:
Seriously if you think these 3 girls (the only ones currently on with 10K+ currents ) are a "5", you must blind, crazy, or simply have no conception of what average means. Try this simple poll show these pictures to non-blind friends, relatives or co-workers :lol: and ask them to choose which adjective best describes these girls gorgeous and average, get back to us with the results ;) This thread lacked pictures so thanks for the excuse to add some.

1 of the 3 does not appeal to me at all, I am going by facial features only.

BullFrogBlues said:
HiGirlsRHot said:

1 of the 3 does not appeal to me at all, I am going by facial features only.

That's cool only I wouldn't call any of these three tens, but I'd say they are all gorgeous. I also like thin girls with boobs and curves, and know I am not alone in liking that.
By comparison look at three woman in their 20s and early 30s rated as ~5 on Iamhotornot dating website. This is what average looks like for young woman, possibly even better than average.

Camgirls aren't close to being average in the looks department especially the top girls.

The_Brown_Fox said:
Oh, geez...please don't let this become a thread where members start naming models who they feel are "average" in the looks department. That's kinda not very nice.....

Just to be clear these girls aren't camgirls, just 3 random girls rated as 5 (i.e. average) on dating site. We spend so much of are time on the internet and seeing beautiful people in other media that we forget what "average" people look like. I actually think those girls are kinda of cute...

Nordling said:
LadyLuna said:
Agree, although I think some people's tastes are simply off the conventional track. For example, of Charley's Angels, I was more attracted to Kate Jackson's ("the smart one") character than Farrah and Jaclyn.

So, I'm not the only one. I think her voice also had something to do with it.

Reactions: Nordling
HiGirlsRHot said:
AllisonWilder said:
Swirl said:
HiGirlsRHot said:

As I said in my long post showmanship (charisma) and room conversation (personality) matter a lot. However, the weighting of looks, charisma, and personality varies a lot by guys. ACF members put much more emphasis on personality than the average MFC members. I am sure there exist lots of models with a great personality and put on a terrific show, but if they aren't good looking they don't get 10K camscore. Conversely, I watched a clothed Sexy_Beatrice (the blonde) while "researching" 10K camscore along with 600 guys, her show consisted of telling guys to tips her to get naked. I had a hard time stop watching her to finish the post. :p

You picked three and posted professional photo's they had done. It is not a fair comparison. They certainly do not look like that to me when they are on MFC. Now, I am not saying they are not beautiful when on MFC and they are above average, in my opinion. But it is just that, my opinion. Everyone's tastes differ and I am sure I am not alone when I say, if I have a personal relationship or "know" the person the better they look to me.

HiGirlsRHot said:
Just to be clear these girls aren't camgirls, just 3 random girls rated as 5 (i.e. average) on dating site. We spend so much of are time on the internet and seeing beautiful people in other media that we forget what "average" people look like. I actually think those girls are kinda of cute...

Yeah, that's fine. I guess you could say I was foreshadowing, and it's happened before on here...people saying "Well, I think so and so isn't really pretty, but I love her room!" :woops: Some people just don't think before they post.

Isabella_deL said:
I'm curious to know where others stand on this? When you see a girl being very wanted/liked, does it encourage you to like her?
So, bringing this back around to the OP's question:

It does not encourage me to like her, but it does encourage me to be interested as to why she is popular.

Basically, MFC has found a way to monetize interest. There are hordes of wonderful women with 0-500 camscores and generally similar profile pics on pages 4+ that, when 1200 models are online, I might never visit. Not because they are not delightful people, but because the odds are low I will visit any single model in that large population. Because a different model has somehow inspired enough interest from previous members to earn tokens at a high rate (i.e. create a high camscore), I become curious what has caused such interest.

That said, if I enter a 10k+ camscore room and it's just another (tipping game/raffle/yellow wall/etc.), I'll only like the model if I find her interesting and I'm in the mood where her current activity appeals to me. If I'm not in the mood for that night's game/raffle/etc., I'm probably off to visit someone else. That is not a reflection of the model; it is only a reflection on the statistics of human interaction.

The obvious corollary, though, is based upon the idea that success breeds success. Throughout ACF we've discussed the benefits of a high camscore. If I look more frequently at one low-population subset of the population of all models (i.e. models with high camscores), I am more likely to find models I like within that subset (because I'm spending more time there). Again, that's just statistics, not psychology.

Regardless of the above, I do like most of the top models. If MFC is social darwinism writ small, top models have been thoroughly vetted to not have critical character flaws. As such, I find them to be likeable people. We might not be best buddies, but I can likely enjoy an amicable afternoon in their rooms.

tl;dr A high camscore means people are more likely to see the model's profile and enter her room. The more high-score rooms entered, the more likely members will find models they like that have high scores.

spikyhaired said:
The obvious corollary, though, is based upon the idea that success breeds success. Throughout ACF we've discussed the benefits of a high camscore. If I look more frequently at one low-population subset of the population of all models (i.e. models with high camscores), I am more likely to find models I like within that subset (because I'm spending more time there). Again, that's just statistics, not psychology.
Add to that the fact that a model with 3 people in her room has basically no latitude or even possiility to show her true potential, since having no audience, she can't engage people to play , has no feedback on what she's doing if she is doing something, etc.
It's a lot easier to be entertaining when you have an audience of 200 people, most of them old friends you trust to respect you. Success breeds success, because it also breeds confidence.
That's why successful models are more appealing, because they're confident and relaxed most of the time.

Swirl said:
I can only think of 2 girls with camscores of higher than 10,000 than I would consider to be 'drop dead gorgeous'. The rest are just average looking really.

Either you are making your "average" comment judging by celebs, models, other camgirls etc or you just happen to be an insanely good looking person with insanely good looking friends. Because in the real world, girls like Ginny Potter/Jalyn etc are girls that you'd definitely check out. They would definitely be way above the rest of the girls around in looks, even if these girls aren't your type. Yet on cam both of those particular girls look quite normal, almost achievable, girl next door types, it's very very misleading. If you think those girls are average, then your world must be filled with the most beautiful creatures on the planet.

Basically what I'm saying is you may have your types, and it's VERY easy to judge people we see on screen, but the reality is stop saying ignorant comments like that. These girls are not average. Many of them aren't my type and I don't think they're that great looking personally, especially when you can choose a girl so easily who is more your type. But if we met these girls in real life, when instead of on a screen next to loads of beautiful women, they were there next to genuinely average looking people, you would realise that these girls are no where near average.

Isabella_deL said:
Swirl said:
I can only think of 2 girls with camscores of higher than 10,000 than I would consider to be 'drop dead gorgeous'. The rest are just average looking really.

Either you are making your "average" comment judging by celebs, models, other camgirls etc or you just happen to be an insanely good looking person with insanely good looking friends. Because in the real world, girls like Ginny Potter/Jalyn etc are girls that you'd definitely check out. They would definitely be way above the rest of the girls around in looks, even if these girls aren't your type. Yet on cam both of those particular girls look quite normal, almost achievable, girl next door types, it's very very misleading. If you think those girls are average, then your world must be filled with the most beautiful creatures on the planet.

Basically what I'm saying is you may have your types, and it's VERY easy to judge people we see on screen, but the reality is stop saying ignorant comments like that. These girls are not average. Many of them aren't my type and I don't think they're that great looking personally, especially when you can choose a girl so easily who is more your type. But if we met these girls in real life, when instead of on a screen next to loads of beautiful women, they were there next to genuinely average looking people, you would realise that these girls are no where near average.

I disagree completely and I'm very ugly, my friends are ugly and my mother and father are both ugly. If you are going to mention actual model names, I think that is the wrong way to go...my intent was not to start a 'you said she is ugly I said she is pretty' discussion. I was just making a general observation and at this point I'm sorry I said anything.

Big tips are awesome and make me curse/pee! Watching girls I like get big tips makes me want to tip big too and that's all super awesome and full of fluffy rainbows!

This is my good deed to make up for my Bammer indiscretion earlier... back on topic! Woo! :handgestures-salute:

JoleneBrody said:
Big tips are awesome and make me curse/pee! Watching girls I like get big tips makes me want to tip big too and that's all super awesome and full of fluffy rainbows!

This is my good deed to make up for my Bammer indiscretion earlier... back on topic! Woo! :handgestures-salute:
Fluffy rainbows eh? ;)

spikyhaired said:
Isabella_deL said:
I'm curious to know where others stand on this? When you see a girl being very wanted/liked, does it encourage you to like her?
So, bringing this back around to the OP's question:

It does not encourage me to like her, but it does encourage me to be interested as to why she is popular.

Yes. This. Exactly.

I do take a look at a lot of the top rooms because I'm curious to see what people are all so excited about. Usually I leave pretty quickly, disappointed to find yet another boring clone.

I usually find the most interesting models in the 1500-2500 camscore range, so I spend the majority of my time on MFC in those rooms. Yes, there are a few people with higher camscores that I visit (hi Miss_Lollipop!) but not many of them. But I think that's because most of the time I'm looking for someone who is interesting to talk to, and who has an interesting crowd of guys in her room. The top models are usually too busy for much conversation and honestly most of them tend to have a lot of annoying members in their rooms. I rarely spend much time in rooms of people with lower camscores.. I try to check out a few of the new models but very few turn out to be very interesting. (And they tend to migrate pretty quickly up to the 1500-2500 range.)

But there are times when I just want to look at someone whom I find physically attractive and watch her masturbate. You know, using MFC as God intended, rather than my own perverted "making friends" usage. In that sort of mood I'm more likely to go looking in the high traffic rooms because I might not want to talk to the model much.

As others have pointed out, those of us who read ACF are not likely to be typical MFC members, and I'm obviously quite atypical. :)

When I do visit the high camscore models I generally don't tip a huge amount. More than the average guy on MFC, probably, but I generally don't feel like they really need a lot from me. So I may give someone like AmberCutie a reasonable number of tokens when I see her, but I don't feel much of an urge to splurge. Whereas I might give someone like KayleePond a big tip just because she's doing something original and I want to encourage that sort of thing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.