AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Where Can I Find Some Advertising-Free Electronic Music Radio?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
Where can I find some advertising-free electronic music radio that meets these requirements:

* It has to be free. So no paid Spotify subscriptions

* It has to be in the English language (Australian or UK stations are great)

* If this requires a direct connection to the radio station's website, they have to have very good performance. A lot of smaller advertising-free sites simply pay for lack of advertising with a huge audience that overwhelms their servers

You are aware those ads fund the service. They aren't there to annoy you. Pay for music subscription. Support the art and work. If this is for one of your "projects", why don't you gift them a subscription to whatever service they want to use?

You can try Jango. I don't use it myself, but according to their site "you get only one commercial per day if you connect your account with Facebook and, at the moment, we are showing none on our mobile apps!"

Before we start starting to sharpen the pitchforks and lighting the torches because Smores is looking for free music let us remind ourselves that most cam models plays copyrighted music without a license in their cam rooms and in videos they sell. So if we are going to go after him for not wanting artists to be paid properly we also need to go after most of the camming community for the same thing.

Smores I think you might have trouble finding ad free music played by a DJ but if you just want free music for download without pirating you could try http://dig.ccmixter.org/ I use it for the videos that I edit and on my Twitch stream.

Reactions: InannahQoH
Before we start starting to sharpen the pitchforks and lighting the torches because Smores is looking for free music let us remind ourselves that most cam models plays copyrighted music without a license in their cam rooms and in videos they sell. So if we are going to go after him for not wanting artists to be paid properly we also need to go after most of the camming community for the same thing.

Smores I think you might have trouble finding ad free music played by a DJ but if you just want free music for download without pirating you could try http://dig.ccmixter.org/ I use it for the videos that I edit and on my Twitch stream.

Incidental/background music is not necessarily a copyright violation, but you're not entirely wrong. However, I personally avoid selling clips with music in the background, and I do pay for the barely audible music that plays while I stream. In the past, a huge chunk of my income came from the music industry, so I have many opinions on the subject, but they're not really in scope here. Somewhat on topic, though, a lovely model has recently provided (in the models only section, so I hope it's ok to at least mention) some amazing royalty-free music for fellow models to use in their streams and clips. I need to remember to go back to find and comment in that thread. I absolutely encourage doing everything on the up-and-up and especially supporting our peers when we can. I also know for a fact that there are musicians and bands out there that would love to collab with camgirls for little more than their names in the credits.

In my guesstimation, Smores here is probably looking to get whichever model he's latched onto this time to switch from a non-English electronic radio station that she enjoys listening to in the background to something he deems less of a distraction, when in reality no one watching gives a damn.

Real answer to the original question: Google Play Music has no ads if you don't subscribe, but you can't see the full playlist in advance or skip songs repeatedly.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
You are aware those ads fund the service. They aren't there to annoy you. Pay for music subscription. Support the art and work. If this is for one of your "projects", why don't you gift them a subscription to whatever service they want to use?

I definitely subscribe to paid music services. And I would have no problem gifting someone a subscription, but the models I would be gifting to would often be studio models who are not allowed to use my gift.

So far the best solution to this problem is probably to just sign up for a free Spotify account and then use one of their music lists, which have minimal advertising. But you would be amazed how many people will refuse to sign up for free accounts.

Last edited:
Real answer to the original question: Google Play Music has no ads if you don't subscribe, but you can't see the full playlist in advance or skip songs repeatedly.

That's an interesting model. Basically they are shuffling songs on a music list they never display in full. It's a simulation of a radio station without the DJ.

That's an interesting model. Basically they are shuffling songs on a music list they never display in full. It's a simulation of a radio station without the DJ.

If you don't want your music algorithmically biased towards whatever they're making the most money from that week, pay for it. Radio works EXACTLY the same way, but some of them still have a human talk to you every half hour or so.

Incidental/background music is not necessarily a copyright violation, but you're not entirely wrong. However, I personally avoid selling clips with music in the background, and I do pay for the barely audible music that plays while I stream. In the past, a huge chunk of my income came from the music industry, so I have many opinions on the subject, but they're not really in scope here. Somewhat on topic, though, a lovely model has recently provided (in the models only section, so I hope it's ok to at least mention) some amazing royalty-free music for fellow models to use in their streams and clips. I need to remember to go back to find and comment in that thread. I absolutely encourage doing everything on the up-and-up and especially supporting our peers when we can. I also know for a fact that there are musicians and bands out there that would love to collab with camgirls for little more than their names in the credits.
Yes incidentally having music that is copyrighted can be OK such as Christmas music in the background of a news report from a mall can be OK under fair use, also there is Lenz v. Universal Music Corp. but in that case it was less than half a minute of poor audio quality music. In cam rooms the music are of poor audio quality most of the time, but we are talking about an hour or more that have been deliberately played so it would be very hard to convince a court that it was fair use. Buying a CD or paying for a Spotify subscription does not grant license to play the music back to an online audience, models would need one synchronization license for the recording and one for the composition to be able to have music play in a non fair use situation and I don't think most models do that. Since I don't think it could be fair use and that most models haven't gotten licenses to play the music I don't think I am wrong at all.

It is very commendable that you are doing the right thing, keep on doing the good work. 👍

Yes incidentally having music that is copyrighted can be OK such as Christmas music in the background of a news report from a mall can be OK under fair use, also there is Lenz v. Universal Music Corp. but in that case it was less than half a minute of poor audio quality music. In cam rooms the music are of poor audio quality most of the time, but we are talking about an hour or more that have been deliberately played so it would be very hard to convince a court that it was fair use. Buying a CD or paying for a Spotify subscription does not grant license to play the music back to an online audience, models would need one synchronization license for the recording and one for the composition to be able to have music play in a non fair use situation and I don't think most models do that. Since I don't think it could be fair use and that most models haven't gotten licenses to play the music I don't think I am wrong at all.

It is very commendable that you are doing the right thing, keep on doing the good work. 👍
Ok lol

I definitely subscribe to paid music services. And I would have no problem gifting someone a subscription, but the models I would be gifting to would often be studio models who are not allowed to use my gift.

So far the best solution to this problem is probably to just sign up for a free Spotify account and then use one of their music lists, which have minimal advertising. But you would be amazed how many people will refuse to sign up for free accounts.

Maybe they don't want to because they are happy with their music choices. If they are refusing to sign up a free Spotify account, what makes you think they would use another service?

Maybe they can only use music the studio gives them.

Maybe they can only use music the studio gives them.

Yeah, that's the ticket. The model wants to experiment with music choices but needs cooperation of a studio. That makes every trivial initiative difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.