AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Who do you think should be able to see user reviews/feedback/comments for models?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Who do you think should be able to see user reviews/feedback/comments for models?

• Model Only

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • User + Model (user who wrote it)

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • All users

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • User Choice (The user individually sets it to be model or ALL viewers to see it)

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Model Choice (Models choose if it's only they who see them, or all users who visit)

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
Which do you think is the best option for users who leave feedback (comments, not just a rating) for models?
Personally, I sometimes want to leave a review/feedback/comment purely for the model, or sometimes I wish I could leave a comment to say how fantastic etc the show was, so others will see it and give the model a chance.

I considered adding an option for the model to choose SPECIFIC ones they can leave or delete/hide from users, but then it would sway things in favour of the model - no model will want any kind of bad or negative comment, even if it is warranted.

So I am wondering, what does everyone else think? WHO should be able to see comments from users who have tipped or had a show with the model?
Different sites allow it differently, CB has it so ONLY the model can see the comments, and the user shows as "anonymous".
I think some places (such as Streamate?) allow the feedback so everyone can see it.
SC has it so no one except the site can see them (hopefully this changes soon for the models, sometimes I think models can get a nice feeling when a user shows them the comment and appreciates them after a private show).

So yeah, what is your view on it all?

In one way it would be great if all feedback was visible, but there are so many asshole users that would leave crap feedback just for the hell of it, that it could quickly turn unfair for the models.

I dunno, could it maybe make models more accountable, if the feedback was visible to everyone. Less likely to pull fast ones if the client can report on it so directly. But I know customer satisfaction can be hard to achieve sometimes and misunderstandings happen so easily.

Maybe the model should have the right to respond to all feedback, that would be interesting to read, both sides of the story.

Interesting.

Are you speaking about like on SC how we can rate and leave a comment after a private show?
Or to be able to leave comments and ratings just generally on a model's performance?

I am all for the former (good feedback and "advertising" opportunities), and all against the latter (Too much chance for idiots to be shitty to models).

In the case of commenting on a private show I think, if the username is not shown to other users, then it would be fine to have comments visible to everyone, (models and users). If the user name is shown, then only the model and the user who leaves the comment should be able to see it. No one, apart from the model, should be able to see how many times I have a private show with a model.

And as a clarification, I believe that models should ALWAYS be able to see who has left which comment / rating, regardless of any other viewability or anonymity settings.

Summary: voted for model only :)

I'm mainly on CB, and as you mentioned, that's just a rating (and comment, if you chose to leave one) visible only to the model.
And it does happen that someone will come in, tip 25, and then leave a down-thumb just to be a jerk.
So I think it best that any feedback comments are not visible to all.
On other sites that do show feedback comments, it rarely (if ever) influences me, because the appeal of a model is so personal - could be about physical appearance, personality, show content, etc.
And comments I have read all tell me that <insert name> is absolutely the best model on the site, just like every chat window on CB welcomes you to the best room. Loses impact after a while.
Overall, lots of positive comments might give me more confidence but I've never leaped into a private with a model, I take a while to hang out and get familiar (or move on).
If a model got to choose what comments to share publicly, they'd only share positive comments, which defeats the point of offering it to help inform users.

And the subjectivity of comments/feedback can harm without necessarily meaning to. One guy who left a down thumb for my friend recently did it because he tipped for a striptease, then wrote in chat that he really enjoyed it but wished it had lasted longer. An experienced user would (should!) have left a thumbsup, since they enjoyed the show, but might have offered confidential feedback about how they experienced it.

I voted for model and user. I have had reviews persuade me mainly when they mention what the show was like. In Rockin-rod's example instead of just seeing a thumbs down or a low star score the comment that they actually enjoyed it but wanted it to be longer would negate the rating and make me more likely to get a show. I was a long time user of Streamate which allowed comments to be shown. MFC shows them on profile as well as Imlive IIRC.
Sometimes the comments can be good but I can tell it's not what I'm looking for. I've even seen bad ones that made me more inclined to see the model based on what was written.

Unlike users like Brett or Rod I'm not into chatting in a public room, kind of shy actually. I tend to tip but not say a lot unless it's pretty empty then I'll chat so I prefer talking with the model by pm. I usually try and set up a show fairly quickly and get to know them there. Since there's a cost to that method unless I know them from forums like ACF or SW I do tend to rely on reviews.

What if reviews were more like how you have on some product websites?
Where it will have for multiple options the user would rate on? So on some sites it has stuff like "was the delivery fast or on time?" and "is the product as described with no faults?" etc etc

So for example:

How friendly was the model?
Did she perform as you agreed?

My brain is hurting, I can't seem to think of more or better examples, I am sure the rest of you can.
@Charlie_SC @xChloe (maybe it could be an idea for SC private show ratings - or not, just an idea)

• Helpful!
Reactions: xChloe
I would say 99% of my rating comments on cb were written for other members to read, it always seemed odd to me that they weren't viewable to members since going off mine the rating comments have basically been 2-4 line reviews.

I think that having it visible for everyone is the best idea. If a user wants to give really specific or personal feedback and doesn't want anyone else to see it, they can just message this to the model after the show on most/all sites right? For negative feedback, I can't speak from experience thankfully but I've heard Streamate handle it well by just taking the review down if the model complains to support and gives a good explanation/evidence to why it's unfair?

Meh. If I wanted to be judged and critiqued, I'd audition for American Idol. :p But I understand the point of view of wanting to give members a heads up about scamming-ass models. I really think that when a member is visiting a model that's new to him (and is concerned about whether or not she's legit), he should refrain from doing things like buying a custom video or buying worn panties right away. On a token site I think he should start out making conversation and tipping small at least, to get a feel of what she's like. Not just go right into the room of a hot girl, and be all Ooh, she's hot! I'll tip her 1,000 tokens for a humiliation custom video...

Interesting.

Are you speaking about like on SC how we can rate and leave a comment after a private show?
Or to be able to leave comments and ratings just generally on a model's performance?

I am all for the former (good feedback and "advertising" opportunities), and all against the latter (Too much chance for idiots to be shitty to models).

In the case of commenting on a private show I think, if the username is not shown to other users, then it would be fine to have comments visible to everyone, (models and users). If the user name is shown, then only the model and the user who leaves the comment should be able to see it. No one, apart from the model, should be able to see how many times I have a private show with a model.

And as a clarification, I believe that models should ALWAYS be able to see who has left which comment / rating, regardless of any other viewability or anonymity settings.

This. There are just too many opportunities for a nasty member to post "This model is a bitch" after a model politely declined his request for master/slave roleplay...or "This model is a scammer" because he tipped a model 1 token and ASSumed she'd "finger ass bb."

A bit off-topic, but I still think it's gross that even when a Streamate model blocks a negative tag that someone gives her, she still has to see it in her 'blocked tags' list. Some of that stuff people will tag you with is racist as fuck.

I like the way Streamate does it. I've never had a user be a jerk when reviewing (and there are way too many jerks on SM); my guess is that users who take the time to write something actually liked the show. And it serves as advertising on my page so new clients will be more tempted to try me, so I vote for visible to everyone.

Reactions: Sashacurves
I voted for user decides. I like situations like with airbnb you can leave a public review and also provide private feedback to the host.

But I do think there needs to be a system in place that filters out garbage/abuse. And I think any reports of a scam need to be somehow verified. Tbh scammers are something the SITE should be taking action on - so if it's a genuine scam instead of a bad review, the member should in theory be able to complain to the site and have the situation resolved.

It would be cool to see comments... provided, of course, that they are helpful or legit. There would have to be a moderation or dispute feature (like a Google or Yelp review) to initiate the review and takedown of untrue, malicious or dangerous comments.

I voted Model Choice. There is just too much opportunity for model abuse, which I have seen a lot of.

Hey everyone

You all make some really good points here and it's interesting to see different opinions and all perspectives.
As you can see through from all the different posts, it's not as simple as it sounds and a lot has to be taken into account.

Keep the discussion going as you are providing me with a lot of very valuable information! :clap:
All new comments from other models and users are very welcomed.

(@Brett M check my PM)

I voted "all users," but maybe the cutoff could be "all users with tokens" since they are the ones who will likely pay for privates (yes, I know grays can buy tokens for this purpose but maybe that is another carrot to get them to buy a small package to read private reviews)

I don't do a lot of privates, and tend to be pretty generous in my ratings (I think I declined to rate one but otherwise all 5s even if they were enjoyable but maybe not perfect). Part of that is just being selective about who I will do a private with. That said, if I see a lot of ratings and a low overall score I want to know why. Right now I just flat out won't do the private. But maybe if I read the reviews I might find the negative ones don't apply to my situation, or were from 2 years ago and likely aren't relevant.

I think there would need to be a process to flag BS reviews like have been mentioned and for action to be taken quickly (maybe hidden until somebody from the site can verify it) and I think models should have the option to respond to a comment like you can with Google reviews. That way if the model has more context (or if the reviewer lies) they can add it and the user reading can decide how much to weight that particular review (we all have seen and weighed bogus customer reviews before)

ETA: my feedback is only for Stripchat, that is the only site I have experience with

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.