AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Who would you save?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2011
The human, I'd be too consumed with guilt if I let another human die. I'd feel guilty and grief over the dog, especially if it was my Sadie, but I would grieve and then find a way to move on knowing that the human had been given a second chance at life.

I would save the human. Maybe try to kick the dog into action if he had that "deer in headlights" look and was close enough to the human to do so on the way. (Normally, I don't go for kicking dogs, but seriously, kicking it's better than letting it die)

In the situation with the life-boat thing, the guy knew that his wife would be okay until he could help her (I think). But honestly, every dog I've ever met can instinctively swim, so why not help the wife first?

Reactions: Just Me
I was a bit taken aback by some of the comments in the article, but I'm beginning (not really) to realize that online commenters are not a cross section of humans in the US. lol The first comment I kind of liked, though was this one:

Amnesia DuckMon 3:36 AM

Well, the next time I am in a "speeding bus about to hit a person or a dog" predicament, I will make sure to ask the person what country they are from.

Oh, and what if it is a foreign dog owned by a foreign tourist? What if the foreign tourist is your grandma visiting from the old country? What if she has a dog, but it is "strange"?

What if the tourist is a beautiful model from France and the dog is very old and of a breed you don't really like? What if the tourist is a toddler with large, expressive eyes and the dog is threatening him/her, while the bus is nearing?

I really have to suggest that in emergencies, we may not react the same way as we do in a poll.

Attachments

• woman tourist.jpg
    woman tourist.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 222
I'm going to be honest and say I'd save my dog. It hasn't got anything to do with the foreign or tourist aspect. I'm selfish. I love my dog. I've taken responsibility for her. Good luck to the human though. :lol:

Hate to be a party pooper, but speeding buses are not built to swerve. I think I would let both of them get run down instead of risking the lives of everyone on the bus, and possibly other people on the road with the bus or people on the sidewalk. I would at least hit the horn on the bus and hope they got out of the way.

I also want to know why this death bus is allowed to be on the road in such an unsafe condition.

The human, yo. On the one hand, I'd miss my dog more than I would the foreign tourist whom I don't know, but I'd feel guilty forever more knowing that I essentially sacrificed a human being (with a family and friends and for all I know, children who depend on them) just so I can enjoy a few extra years with my dog. It would probably fuck me up royally.

I have to agree with Bob and Sevrin. As much as I LOVE my dog, there is just no comparison with a human life. Who knows, maybe that "European tourist" would go on to cure cancer. Or one of his unborn children would go on to solve world hunger, or something like that.

Realistically, I'd probably do something stupid, like trying to save both, and saving neither :(

Reactions: Goddess Victoria
schlmoe said:
I have to agree with Bob and Sevrin. As much as I LOVE my dog, there is just no comparison with a human life. Who knows, maybe that "European tourist" would go on to cure cancer. Or one of his unborn children would go on to solve world hunger, or something like that.

I see where your sympathies lie. "European tourist" occasionally do things beside try to cure cancer.

4RQCCE3.jpg

Reactions: southsamurai
Shaun__ said:
schlmoe said:

I see where your sympathies lie. "European tourist" occasionally do things beside try to cure cancer.

4RQCCE3.jpg

That is not grounds to let the tourist die. Sheesh, a couple murdering psychopaths a century and people never forget it. Be sure to kill all of the asian tourists in case one turns into pol pot or the americans in case they turn out to be any american president in the last 50 years.

Nordling said:
What if the tourist is a beautiful model from France and the dog is very old and of a breed you don't really like?

What if the driver is a female with a BMI of 42 and can't seem to lose weight?

Red7227 said:
That is not grounds to let the tourist die. Sheesh, a couple murdering psychopaths a century and people never forget it. Be sure to kill all of the asian tourists in case one turns into pol pot or the americans in case they turn out to be any american president in the last 50 years.

What if the tourist is an organ donor, and letting them get clipped by a bus could theoretically save eight lives? Maybe even eight young kids who each grow up to cure a different kind of cancer.

Shaun__ said:
Red7227 said:

What if the tourist is an organ donor, and letting them get clipped by a bus could theoretically save eight lives? Maybe even eight young kids who each grow up to cure a different kind of cancer.

So your saying run them all down and lot god sort them out?

Shaun__ said:
The problem with that math is he/she is an organ donor in their country only, if they were from Europe there is a good chance that the organs would become useless before any red-tape could be cleared for use in the country of death or shipment back to the country of origin.

Reactions: Shaun__
Crumb said:
Sevrin said:
The person. The dog is just a fucking dog.
that fucking dog is a member of my fucking family.

random dog vs random stranger, sure, I'll pick the human, but not when I've raised, loved and cared for a family member.

I honestly thought the same thing when I was reading this thread.
:cool:

if it were my dog.. most always the dog. Usually critters are less deceitful... foreigner or not, makes no diff.

Crumb said:
Sevrin said:

random dog vs random stranger, sure, I'll pick the human, but not when I've raised, loved and cared for a family member.
But if it was your daughter vs your dog it would be a toss-up?

Sevrin said:
Crumb said:
Sevrin said:

You went off the beaten path to get to that conclusion, didn't ya? *throws some bread crumbs in hopes you make it back*

I know the OP said not to add hypotheticals but I... didn't see that part of the post :shifty:

If the person being left to die was your child or your spouse and you saw everything unfold with another person choosing to save their pet as opposed to your loved one (you were too far away to help them yourself) would you just accept that the other person made the same decision you would (assuming that's the decision you would have made), or would you be consumed by hatred for that person?

btw....

You don't really "invoke" Godwin's Law. Godwin's Law simply happens:

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."

And Godwin didn't make a value judgement of it happening or on whoever ends up being the one who makes the comparison.

Reactions: JickyJuly
Sevrin said:
Crumb said:
Sevrin said:

obviously I'm not going to choose either
I wouldn't want to show favouritism.

JickyJuly said:
Sevrin said:
Crumb said:
Sevrin said:

You went off the beaten path to get to that conclusion, didn't ya? *throws some bread crumbs in hopes you make it back*
Hand them out to whoever decided that this choice had to involve a family pet versus a random stranger.

People tend to associate dogs in general with *their* dog, In our daily lives, most of us don't deal with more than one or two dogs on a regular basis. Those tend to be pets that belong to our households and our associations are positive. Ergo: dogs are associated with positive thoughts.

With humans, it is a different story. We encounter shitloads of people daily in one manner or another. Our experiences with humans vary far more than they do with dogs. We have both good and bad experiences with people, and the bad ones can leave deep scars, resentment etc. We don't have the same assumption of warm and fuzziness we have with dogs.
Anyway, that's why we associate "dog" with "my dog" and "human" with "random human". The result of the survey was skewed toward the fucking dogs to begin with.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Sevrin said:
JickyJuly said:
Sevrin said:
Crumb said:
Sevrin said:

Hand them out to whoever decided that this choice had to involve a family pet versus a random stranger.

People tend to associate dogs in general with *their* dog, In our daily lives, most of us don't deal with more than one or two dogs on a regular basis. Those tend to be pets that belong to our households and our associations are positive. Ergo: dogs are associated with positive thoughts.

With humans, it is a different story. We encounter shitloads of people daily in one manner or another. Our experiences with humans vary far more than they do with dogs. We have both good and bad experiences with people, and the bad ones can leave deep scars, resentment etc. We don't have the same assumption of warm and fuzziness we have with dogs.
Anyway, that's why we associate "dog" with "my dog" and "human" with "random human". The result of the survey was skewed toward the fucking dogs to begin with.

I was just basing my thoughts and answers on this question in the first post,

"Would you choose to save your dog or the foreign tourist?"
:dontknow:

Status
Not open for further replies.