AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why do people work for Boleyn Models?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a disclaimer, I just signed up for them today with little to no knowledge of what/who they actually are and what work you do for them to get paid. I've just noticed a lot of cam girls on here opt for using them, mainly for their fast and easy payment options.

However, after getting my ID and what not approved, I see they're nothing more than a model agency with partnership with a list of cam sites... and they take a cut out of the cut you already get!

I think I know the answer for myself already, but is it even worth it?

P.S. I don't know if it makes any difference, but I'm already established on a few of the platforms Boleyn Models use.

xoxo Mila Rose :h:

That doesn't sound like it's worth it though? I mean your monthly/annual revenue will be less. I guess it just depends on personal preference...

Well yeah, definitely. Some people don't have the luxury of waiting for their funds and need to get them as quickly as possible, so it is worth it to them to earn a lower % in order to see that money hit their account faster. Overall, the way I see it, it's not meant to be a permanent solution for most. They also offer some other perks, like income verification, which I imagine could be handy if you were to need that sort of thing. And there are international performers who now have no way to get paid in the wake of this FCP shutdown that just happened, so Boleyn is probably a very useful option for them since the studio offers many different payout methods that the sites themselves might not. It can be a great help for those who need the services that they offer. But if you aren't in that boat, then I can see why you are feeling uncertain.

Is there a particular reason that you joined the studio? Something you were hoping to get out of it?

That doesn't sound like it's worth it though? I mean your monthly/annual revenue will be less. I guess it just depends on personal preference...

I find the daily pay to be hella worth it. The payout minimum is $12, and across all of the sites you're signed up on under them. I can make $7 on cam and $5 on IWantClips in one day, boom I get paid. Most sites, the minimum is $20, $50, or $100, which can take a while to reach.

For myself and some other ladies on the forum, daily pay encourages us to work more. Knowing that I'm going to have this money I'm making this morning, in my bank account tomorrow, and seeing the deposits add up in my account, encourages me to work more. It's the closest you can get to cash in your hands right away, like you get with waitressing or bartending.

And, as @THE MOLLIE MARIE mentioned, what with FCP going under, it makes getting paid more convenient. My main site is Streamate, who doesn't offer direct deposit. In the past, you could get what worked like direct deposit through FCP, but now, it's either pay for a wire transfer every week, or wait for your check to get mailed every week. I don't wanna do either of those things. I definitely don't want to pay more out of my paycheck for SM to FedEx me my check so I can get it faster, it's still a check that I have to deposit and wait to clear. I worked vanilla jobs with direct deposit for a decade, now I'm spoiled and want my paycheck in my bank account with no effort on my part.

Personally it's more of an incentive to work more knowing that I don't have to wait 2 weeks for the money to come in. If I'm in a pinch or have an emergency expense, I can work more one day and have my money in my account the next without worry. They also offer a weekly bonus if you work on Streamate that can cover the 5% they take, which essentially would make it free daily pay, if you work a certain amount of days.

To each their own though. :)

They are one of the very few studios who also have no wait time to leave, like others. Others will keep you from streaming independently for six months. So when you finally get to a point where you no longer need your dailypay, you can leave to get the full percentage from the site without the wait. The only downside to that is depending on the site, you need to create a new profile. But starting out on a fresh new account does give you new girl access. As long as you use the same profile photos and similar name, members will be able to find you. Some models also choose to use them for specific platforms. I know plenty of models who just use them for faster payout on clipsites or sites that payout twice a month.

If you don't find it necessary, don't use them. Stream independently.

Their blogs are filled with information that are available for anyone to view and not just exclusive to their studio. Their employee, @TajaEthereal seriously does a great job. I read them all the time.
https://boleynmodels.com/le-blog/

Last edited:
Ah, that makes a lot more sense now lol. Especially Streamate! I don't know why, but I thought they were going to be more of like a selling platform like ManyVids... now I know! :p

It's especially good for those little side sites where you only make a few bucks here and there. Instead of having to wait forever to hit minimum payout with each, you get your pocket change right away.

It also makes it much easier to keep track of money from a lot of sites, because you're waiting for a single payout from Boleyn instead of six different sites that all pay with different speeds and pay periods. I've never had a payment go missing from Boleyn, but if it were to happen, it would be much more noticeable and easier to track down.

The fast money, income verification, and direct deposit are lifesavers for many people, but even if you have all that under control, I think it would be worth it to work your biggest sites independently and run your "pocket change sites" through Boleyn for convenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.