AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why is traffic on SM lower during the summer?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much every cam site... honestly every adult site... is slower in the summer months. More peeps out enjoying the summer weather and not staying indoors as much. Heat also takes the punk out of lots of people, so energy levels go down... couch vs. sitting at a computer seems more appealing. So on and so forth

Summer Slowdown, as I've coined it. It's not just SM and it's not just the camming vertical. Pretty much EVERY industry vertical outside of travel experiences less website traffic and less conversions during the summer. There's some outliers. but in general, this is the case.

I'm currently talking with a handful of entities in Atlanta. All three parties are currently in the stripclub scene and apparently the entire sex-industry (offline included) experiences a summer slowdown as well. So it's not just limited to online entities.

On the flip-side of things, rates on media-buy goes down extensively. So if you're buying traffic, the summer months are the best times to do that. Not a fan of paid traffic, myself, but to each their own.

The travel industry is booming right now. Vegas's largest couponing company used to be a client of mine (Good people, don't take clients anymore but still help them out when they seriously need it) and they net as much income during June - August as they do during all the other months combined.

Pretty much every cam site... honestly every adult site... is slower in the summer months. More peeps out enjoying the summer weather and not staying indoors as much. Heat also takes the punk out of lots of people, so energy levels go down... couch vs. sitting at a computer seems more appealing. So on and so forth
Does have a lot to do with the fact that during the summer guys in college are indoors less than during the school year?

Does have a lot to do with the fact that during the summer guys in college are indoors less than during the school year?
and a multitude of other things.

Speaking of SM, I checked it out for the first time in a long time last week. Seems there is an abundance of recorded model shows on there. Anyone else noticing that too?

No... well maybe that too, who knows. He's talking about if you go to someone's room, instead of it being a live feed, it's a recording.
Is that what the people accusing SM of putting up fake live shows talking about?
Edit: Sorry, that was a really dumb question.

Last edited:
Speaking of SM, I checked it out for the first time in a long time last week. Seems there is an abundance of recorded model shows on there. Anyone else noticing that too?

I mean, they're there but they're actually really hard to find so I'm not sure how you happened to stumble on an abundance.
There's about 3 or 4 of them but that's out of 1500 or so models that are online at any given time.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Guy
The first recording I can find is all the way on page 6.
The placement for recordings is usually garbage because they get streamed via the browser and not an encoder so the quality is trash, which places them pretty much as far back as one can get.

If you're on the front page and think what you're watching is a recording, it might just be a studio girl split-camming or something. :rofl:

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I mean, they're there but they're actually really hard to find so I'm not sure how you happened to stumble on an abundance.
There's about 3 or 4 of them but that's out of 1500 or so models that are online at any given time.

Wow, I came across more than 10 of them in about 15 minute span. And they all seemed to be on the first page. It seemed a little strange to me. I thought the site was hijacked by them.

Wow, I came across more than 10 of them in about 15 minute span. And they all seemed to be on the first page. It seemed a little strange to me. I thought the site was hijacked by them.

I mean, do you have a link to any of them?
What makes you think they're recordings? I'm pretty positive you may be mistaken.

Did you have the latest version of Adobe Flash? Sometimes if its too out of date, streaming can become slow and choppy.

It wasn't slow or choppy. They would log out and when they came back, they were repeating the exact same video loop. Some had sound and some didn't. A couple had sound and it was as though they were interacting with someone verbally...and it was the same conversation I witnessed moments before. It was really odd. Definitely wasn't a live stream. Sounds like I may have caught it at a fluke time.

It wasn't slow or choppy. They would log out and when they came back, they were repeating the exact same video loop. Some had sound and some didn't. A couple had sound and it was as though they were interacting with someone verbally...and it was the same conversation I witnessed moments before. It was really odd. Definitely wasn't a live stream. Sounds like I may have caught it at a fluke time.
Was the Adobe Flash on your computer not up to date at the time? Still could have been that.

Yeah, it may have been glitches or an issue on your end. The no sound thing definitely gives it away because you can't even get on the first page unless you have audio.
All of the actual recordings have sound, but they absolutely don't do anything verbal, it's all typing.
http://streamate.com/cam/SloaneCam/ <- an example of an actual recording.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
Was the Adobe Flash on your computer not up to date at the time? Still could have been that.

The adobe flash could've moved them to the first page or caused the stream to repeat?
Yeah, it may have been glitches or an issue on your end. The no sound thing definitely gives it away because you can't even get on the first page unless you have audio.
All of the actual recordings have sound, but they absolutely don't do anything verbal, it's all typing.
http://streamate.com/cam/SloaneCam/ <- an example of an actual recording.

That link is definitely similar to the ones I saw, but there were two that verbally spoke...and it was the same exact dialog I witnessed previously. Another was a Remy Cheeks that is similar to SloaneCam.

The adobe flash could've moved them to the first page or caused the stream to repeat?

That link is definitely similar to the ones I saw, but there were two that verbally spoke...and it was the same exact dialog I witnessed previously. Another was a Remy Cheeks that is similar to SloaneCam.

I definitely feel like what you witnessed must have been a fluke or some weird issue. I've been on the site for 3 years and have never seen a recording on the front page.
SloaneCam doesn't even show up until you get all the way back to page 6.

Most SM models are pretty aware of which recordings there are and how many of them there are, there was a HUGE issue among models when a recording placed in a contest a few months back, so in general we keep a pretty close watch on it.

I definitely feel like what you witnessed must have been a fluke or some weird issue. I've been on the site for 3 years and have never seen a recording on the front page.
SloaneCam doesn't even show up until you get all the way back to page 6.

Most SM models are pretty aware of which recordings there are and how many of them there are, there was a HUGE issue among models when a recording placed in a contest a few months back, so in general we keep a pretty close watch on it.

That would definitely be frustrating for a contest. It must've been a weird time I was there. I logged out thinking the site had very few live models left. Thanks for clarifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.