AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why is trans only one category?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2017
Just musing a bit, it's difficult to figure out exactly where to put myself when trying out a new site. Streamate is so far the easiest one, I've seen guys pretty much just listing the fact they're trans in their name and going on with their business. I was looking at Chaturbate, and since they have tags it's a lot easier to be found in the trans category among all the trans women. But most other places... well, it's a question of being buried in trans women, or risk being chased off the site for not being what people think a guy should look like. Or I worry and take planning for the worst way too seriously.

Actually, I think it might be that last one, lol!

I hope you find who you want, and once you get to the transgender category I hope it blooms like a flower. Some of us old folks though, we're kinda standard. I dig ass focused shit, I don't feel like everybody should be subjected to what I want initially, I'll do some homework. I feel like there is a model for everybody, but initial categorizing by old tropes isn't necessarily a bad thing. If I need to dig deeper, that's on me.

These are just my beliefs, I could be completely wrong, and my opinion is open to change. Hence, what I typed above.

If I need to dig deeper, that's on me. .

not sure about other sites, but CB also offers hashtags to help make that digging easier, so you can go by keywords (in this case I guess that might be things like f2m and m2f or post-op and pre-op etc to make sure people can see what you offer)

Reactions: swagger
So this is honestly just a guess but I think it's because the major part of the market is for folks who are feminine presenting. Some sites don't even have a trans category. The majority of the market is feminine side of the spectrum with vulva and then if there was a branch off it would be trans women who are femme. So honestly I feel like on cam sites you will be filling a very very niche market because from what I have witnessed the majority of folks in the trans category are looking for transwomen because they literally fetishise it. I think when it comes to the adult market people just think of transwomen when they see the category trans. I am not saying that transdudes aren't on cam sites and don't do well (that I don't know) but it is going to be an uphill battle I imagine. And of course you will get folks just scnning through rooms and go to yours because they find you attractive which is always rad.

All speculation of course.

You won't get chased off the site per say but I am sure you will get quite a few trolls, but part of the job I suppose. I feel like if you were comfortable with it a forray into the clip making world would be a good idea for you and potentially help you build fan base.

That raises a point, though, @Serenity_Tam . A lot of trans men do have vulva. Why aren't trans men fetishized as much? Granted, I know through experience that they are to some extent, but not to the point that trans women are, where they are known of by your average joe (even if the average joe only knows stereotypes and gross things like that). I'm not saying that I'd like to be a walking sex object (though let's be real, the narcissistic side of me wouldn't mind a bit of the attention, lol), but it's something to think about. Could it be because trans men are still viewed as women? Basically a cooties theory, where once you touch anything nearing feminine, through either genes or presentation, you are forever "infected." Or could it be because it confuses them about gender norms and their sexuality based on those?

I'll admit, I chose this topic partly so I could actually start a conversation about something and get people thinking. I have plans to advertise through tumblr, where all the people who actually understand the intricacies of trans issues live, and hopefully find a good following through there. I've thought of making clips, but so far I haven't come up with good ideas. They all end up getting too much story in them and less and less sex.

Reactions: Miss_Lollipop
Hello

so im trans MTF .. and I often do show in CHATURBATE.
In my opinion I think CB is very good place for trans category. There are many viewers and customers, and then you can use "tag" your show in title.
Maybe for FTM its a bit difficult..because cam market is usually "girly oriented"...
I think the problem is not about site..but about users. 90% of users watch cam beacuse they want watch hot babe ass.. only 10% users look for men or boy or FTM.
In CB there are sometimes FTM and there are many users that watch them..but...yes.. not so much like users that watch MTF or girls.

I think that should be create more categories (FMT - MTF - and maybe crossdresser)

I think you should try Chaturbate. It's a good site to start on, and I've seen a few trans guys on there.

and what about a section for dwarves or people who dress in anime costumes or other minority's. No doubt i'll get down ticked for my non pc comment.

You're not gonna get ticked for being non-pc. You're gonna get ticked for being stupid because you know that's a stupid, inflammatory statement. You obviously know how to use the internet. Instead of shoring up points on your special snowflake troll card by posting mean-spirited comments on message boards, go look up some videos or articles on being transgender by trans people and get some goddamn perspective.

Why? Because site owners don't really think about that stuff much.

I remember reading either a FtM or nonbinary person say they had a bit of a rough time on CB under the Trans category because people are mostly looking for MtF. I'm not sure if things improved for them, sorry.

I agree with @Serenity_Tam that clips might be the way to go. Clips4Sale has a wide variety of Trans categories so buyers can find you more easily.

You might also look into joining AdultWork. The site is a BEAST to learn, but again, I think they have their categories broken down a bit more.

I've thought of making clips, but so far I haven't come up with good ideas. They all end up getting too much story in them and less and less sex.

On Clips4Sale, the more fetish-y the clip is, the better. Regular ol' masturbation clips rarely sell, but weird stuff like poking your belly button or blowing your nose sells super well, and the longer and more story-like the description is, the more people will consider buying it.

Reactions: Carmita Bonita
and what about a section for dwarves or people who dress in anime costumes or other minority's. No doubt i'll get down ticked for my non pc comment.
There's "non-pc" and then there is intentional dickhole commenting. You sir are guilty of the latter.

Hey Rivaille,
I would suggest that you try Chaturbate as well. However, I have some more other suggestions as well. I have seen more transmen on Niteflirt and they have a small following.You might want to try there as well.In addition, Clips4sale have some pretty unique trans categories and you can make clips there as well. :) Good luck.
Just musing a bit, it's difficult to figure out exactly where to put myself when trying out a new site. Streamate is so far the easiest one, I've seen guys pretty much just listing the fact they're trans in their name and going on with their business. I was looking at Chaturbate, and since they have tags it's a lot easier to be found in the trans category among all the trans women. But most other places... well, it's a question of being buried in trans women, or risk being chased off the site for not being what people think a guy should look like. Or I worry and take planning for the worst way too seriously.

Wow, how did you know I was gonna make events about cosplaying on cam!?

Joking aside, thank you all for suggesting a few other options. I'll have to start some more serious brainstorming for C4S, and check out those other sites. I really do appreciate the help!

Reactions: AudriTwo
I haven't been around Chaturbate lately, but I would guess part of it is that if you started splitting up the trans category each part would often have single digit model counts, and that doesn't look as good on their end.

Reactions: Sevrin

Just a question, if you're pre-op FTM what exactly are you doing that clearly separates you from the normal female category? You're still using a dildo or artificial prop. I understand you consider yourself male, however performance wise, what can you do that separates you from a normal female model to have a separate category?

For me the trans category is generally "chicks with dicks" It's separate because normal female models don't have dicks and normal male models don't have fake tits.

• Wat?!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
I'd imagine the reason there isnt a seperate section is because there aren't enough f2m trans models to justify it. I just went and had a quick search on CB and SM to see how many there were and I couldn't see any f2m models on CB and the search only showed 1 on SM vs a whole ton of m2f models.

As an interesting side note I wonder if there are as many f2m trans people as there are m2f? Maybe the population isn't as large. Maybe the populations are the same but it's because there are also less cam guys than cam girls so it makes sense there would be less trans cam guys than trans cam girls. I don't know what the answer would be but I don't see the harm in adding an extra tab.

Just a question, if you're pre-op FTM what exactly are you doing that clearly separates you from the normal female category? You're still using a dildo or artificial prop. I understand you consider yourself male, however performance wise, what can you do that separates you from a normal female model to have a separate category?

For me the trans category is generally "chicks with dicks" It's separate because normal female models don't have dicks and normal male models don't have fake tits.

A F2M trans model may be on hormones and so although they won't have a penis might have facial hair, more body or arm/leg hair, a deeper voice or any other male characteristics and look totally out of place in the female section. Also, although this part is speculating, I'd imagine for a trans person the whole point for them is that they don't identify as a female and so forcing them into the female section is a bit of a slap in the face.

This has made me wonder one other question though. Would a post-op trans person be able to cam under their new genders section or would they still be forced to cam under trans?

This has made me wonder one other question though. Would a post-op trans person be able to cam under their new genders section or would they still be forced to cam under trans?

I don't know about being forced to do anything, but on cams.com, I know of 2 different post op MTF trans women, one of which is listed as female, ad makes no mention of her former self, and the other still models as TS, but mentions in her bio that she is post op.
That sites rules are all sorts of wacky though

• Helpful!
Reactions: fandango
performance wise, what can you do that separates you from a normal female model to have a separate category?

as a viewer, I would guess ... looking like a man. when I look in the female category that's not something I'm looking for. maybe there are girls who cosplay as captain blackbeard or something, but, generally speaking, they're not hairy and deep voiced and masculine and muscular and so forth.

I saw one the other day that I took note of because I thought she just ticked the wrong box, but sure enough, penis. tits looked like they might've been just from hormone therapy. too small to be fake. it didn't look like the only difference between her and Joe Rogan was a pair of fake tits.
https://chaturbate.com/lindamichellts/
(warning: one of the worst bio designs I've ever seen)

No, you are just an asshole.

Hey! Sorry if it's too late or I'm necro-posting, but @RivailleFTM said he wanted to start a conversation and I'd like to be part of that. If I need to make my own thread, I can do that instead. I'm FTM also, and I've wondered the same question. Even with only a handful of transmasculine folks, it'd be nice if there were a clearer distinction between us, MTF, and CD/TVs. I've already gotten several comments from my viewers that make me think they're expecting a trans woman, even though I tag #ftm and #transman in my room and make it pretty clear in my bio. One person told me I had "really natural looking boobs, for a trans" lol. I'm already hairy and have a deep voice (to the person wondering above, pre-op isn't necessarily pre-T), so I'm not really sure how to make things more obvious once the clothes are gone.

Plus, any advice from Rivaille or anyone else about CB, Tumblr, or any clip sites would be much appreciated, too! I need to look through the discussion about clip sites and figure out which one I want to use so I can go ahead and get on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.