AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why is video often mirror reversed?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 27, 2021
I have noticed that frequently the video that member's see is mirror reversed. Writing on models tops are back to front etc. Why?

I have noticed that frequently the video that member's see is mirror reversed. Writing on models tops are back to front etc. Why?
Because the broadcasting software the model uses has a mirrored effect.

This happened with me recently when I was messing around with the OBS encoder. Haha. On cam I noticed that the moon on my wall backdrop was on the side that it shouldn't be on, and I was like WTF? :giggle:

did you know most SLR cameras have mirrors in them? hence the name, single-lens reflex. when you take a photo or video, the image you are going to shoot is reflected through the viewfinder. the roof pentaprism unmirrors the image. when you activate the shutter the reflex mirror is triggered to move to allow the light to pass to the film or sensor to create the image.

375px-SLR_cross_section.svg.png

our eyes do the same thing for our brain.

most digital photography (cellphone cameras, point-and-shoots, webcams) doesn't use actual mirrors, but you can turn off the reflect so your image is mirrored. depending on the software or device, it might be set as default. some people like it because they are used to looking at their reflection in the bathroom mirror.

It's easier for the model to move while watching herself in the video preview I guess.

If you are using a LogiTech camera there is a setting to reverse or flip the image, like when you use the front camera on your phone in Instagram. This makes the broadcaster feel comfortable but uncomfortable to a viewer. When you take normal view using the front camera on your phone the video isn't flipped.

Anyway... if you are using the LogiCapture software you can change the setting to turn off flipping the image. Here it is called Horizontally Flip Source.

Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 9.36.20 AM.jpg

Most camera control software have a feature like this. If you want your video to look correct to the viewer make sure to turn off "reverse image" or "flip image".

Status
Not open for further replies.