AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why MFC has become boring in my opinion

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 16, 2013
Twitter Username
@1969snowie
MFC Username
Snowie1969
Streamate Username
Snowie1969
Chaturbate Username
Snowie1969
I am separating this from the "annoying things a cam model can do" thread because it would otherwise hijack/ derail that thread.

A model wondered why I label a site that has thousands of models that can fulfill all your fantasies and are from almost any cultural or ethnic background in the world boring.

Well.. that sounds brilliant, right? Thousands of women waiting for you.. right? To cater every fantasy or depravity.. right?

Well..

First of all: what I am/ was looking for on Myfreecams was not actually sexually.

Of course I like the occasional private session with a model, but I am just as likely to tip a model an equal amount just because. However.. I do like intelligent chat with people too.. in fact I prefer it. I would love to chat about things that I find interesting.

But.. here is the thing: Of those thousands of models this model referred to, 80% is not proficient in a language I may be proficient in: I don't speak Russian or Spanish.. and try holding an intelligent conversation with a model whose only sentences in English are: "You tip", "me show" and "private bb?".

So we're left with hundreds instead of thousands...

Now of those hundreds, 85% attempts to cater to the same target market: the midwest to west USA conservative middle to high end male manager as those are the ones who have the money and spend it on camsites. So you're not allowed to discuss certain subjects in their rooms as it may affect their income for instance.

Clearly I do not belong to that target group. I am a liberal West-European bloke that barely makes enough to survive and still devotes some of his earnings with models he likes.

And then suddenly we're left with dozens at best instead of thousands...

Add to that the fact that of those dozens, some log in at times I am not available due to work and/ or sleep.. some log in very erratically, not seeing them for days or weeks or months some times.. Some work for studios and or promotors (shall we say pimps here.. because that is usually what it comes down to) who tell them what to do and charge and say.. Some only logging in for a very limited time each time as they are afraid it will affect their camscore..

And you're down to 1, maybe 2 per day that, if you get lucky, may get a glimpse of.

That is how MFC has become boring to me.

Of course you can disagree or think this is a bad trolling attempt but this is how I feel things have become.. I don't see any model do a pottery show anymore, or glassblowing or welding.. I don't see models discussing works of art or architecture in public chat anymore. And the number of models I can make a DnD joke to about rolling a skill check and making that, or failing that, has dwindled to 3 now.

So.. your thougths please

What are the topics you want to discuss that you can't?

Reactions: Tilly
Only one thought for now but girls who don't allow certain subjects in their camroom aren't always doing so because of who they cater to. Few people want to talk about things that will become a debate or heated discussion while they're trying to work and need to be in a good head space.

I do agree that there are far less ladies on MFC once you rule out a few of the things you have mentioned but it does sound like you just haven't found the right model fit for you. I only enjoy a couple of rooms and my favorite girl is rarely on due to income and camscore anxiety so I get that. I just kind of accept MFC for what it offers, I don't think it sucks, I just don't think it's this magical place where anyone can find a model to suit their tastes either.

Normally the more specific your requirements are the less choice you have.

And to discuss specific topics in a specific language at a specific time is quite a lot what you expect.
You need to be really lucky to find this and I have my doubts it would be easier on any other cam site.

:)

*looks down at my tattoo of an elf standing on a D20*

k lol

First of all: what I am/ was looking for on Myfreecams was not actually sexually.

Of course I like the occasional private session with a model, but I am just as likely to tip a model an equal amount just because. However.. I do like intelligent chat with people too.. in fact I prefer it. I would love to chat about things that I find interesting.

Perhaps it's best to find what you're looking for on a site like Streamate, where you can take a model private and lead the intelligent conversation you would like to have. You can tip in free chat as well but it's a private focus site.

On a site like MFC, it's a group focused environment and most of the rooms have a sexual theme.

Best of luck!

I think part of the problem when you are so specific about what you want is that you have to invest time in models to really gauge what they are about. For example you could come in my room on a night that I'm using the lush or ohmibod or I'm doing a lot of public shows or selling and think that's all I do. In reality it's not I have chat nights where I chill and talk about whatever topics come up. Sometimes I learn things I never knew. Those nights don't typically make a lot of money so models do more public shows to earn what they need. I think it's easier for a model to have chilled nights if they have a lot of vids and things to sell while just chilling. In my opinion there is a model out there for everyone, however like I said it's taking the time to get to know them find out what they enjoying talking about etc.

The welder chic is on CB .... god bless the hills of Tennessee.
I hear exactly what you're saying altho I must say a sex site isnt much of a place to look for any in depth discussion on any subject unless its whether or not the tip vibe business is mostly overacting or not.
I've taken breaks from mfc over the years and its helped to keep it fresh for me... pushing 8 years now. Still there. :D

A nude welding show....I guess that would attract a big crowd and some tips....

:)

As well as some nasty burns I suspect.
She wears the shoulder chaps, apron & typical stuff. Keeps the nips covered with raw leather ya know. :happy:

By current safety standards, this is nude...
ce38b1ace9bf657c3d30c478d84a234b.jpg

Seriously, though, if a camgirl was a welder, for fabrication or for artistic purposes, I actually think a fair number of guys would watch it (and tip) to see what she can do, and to learn something. It would need to be not so frequent--a special treat--maybe once a week or month. Anyway, better than watching some ugly hairy dude on YouTube.

By current safety standards, this is nude...
View attachment 65416

Seriously, though, if a camgirl was a welder, for fabrication or for artistic purposes, I actually think a fair number of guys would watch it (and tip) to see what she can do, and to learn something. It would need to be not so frequent--a special treat--maybe once a week or month. Anyway, better than watching some ugly hairy dude on YouTube.
I do NOT think tips would be good, unless something different for the regulars.

Such as, Harli does....dildo stuff

I do NOT think tips would be good, unless something different for the regulars.

Such as, Harli does....dildo stuff

Yes, probably so, and enough of those regulars would need to tip enough (offline, etc) ahead of time before the show could start. Difficult, but not impossible. I would gladly tip 200 - 300 tokens ahead of time to watch something interesting like that from someone who knows what she's doing. I think the OP has a point about the sameness of so many shows. Given how many models there are, there needs to be more variety.

Yes, probably so, and enough of those regulars would need to tip enough (offline, etc) ahead of time before the show could start. Difficult, but not impossible. I would gladly tip 200 - 300 tokens ahead of time to watch something interesting like that from someone who knows what she's doing. I think the OP has a point about the sameness of so many shows. Given how many models there are, there needs to be more variety.

I think a certain Olivia made the same observation and it worked quite well for her.....

)

So opportunities exist for models who like to take chances...

I think the OP has a point about the sameness of so many shows. Given how many models there are, there needs to be more variety.

Most models on MFC stick to similar shows because that's whats most successful for them monetarily and viewer wise.
Just the other day a model mentioned that her members always ask her why she doesn't do any of her more creative shows anymore when the fact of the matter was they were her lowest earning shows, so much so that they weren't even worth setting up and preparing for. Her income is actually higher after having cut them out. Many models would like to do more creative things, but end up taking a hit to their income which makes it not worth it.
While it's true that some models see a huge return on doing things that are "different", there are just as many +more that are trying and not getting enough of a positive response to continue.
A while ago on twitter there was a "camgirl starterpack" meme going around and as funny as it was it rang pretty true. Many girls fall into the same pattern as one another because that's what they're shown time and time again members prefer to see.

I'm not on MFC and have no horses in this race, this is just my observation.

I'm not on MFC either, but this post seems really excessively bitter. If you don't like MFC, just stop going there without a big angry post accusing cam girls of not living up to your expectations. There's a whole cross section of humanity out there that has never even heard of camming and they're leading happy, fulfilled lives. It isn't some sort of basic necessity to have a cam room you love to frequent, it's a niche luxury, or a hobby. Would you make a post on a model airplane forum if you found the hobby itself boring? No, you'd hang up the airplane glue and move the hell on with your life.

My thoughts, good models are rare, the right kind model to suit you close to precious.
As rare and precious as they are, you will find them. When you get to enjoy them as you dream of, the boredom can be worth it.
There are others out there too, looking for the next treasure definitely eases the boredom.

I do get what you mean Snowie, and it is easy to break down models into some form of personal category due to how they initially respond. This does lead to boredom when we do that.
As members we need to keep in mind that we may have to invest a little before seeing what most models are really like. Women in general are like that, they reveal who they are when you take a risk on them, otherwise they are defensive.

Most models are pretty good women once you get past their particular 'cam game', and the occasional language barrier.
My boredom usually comes from spending on those I like rather than finding someone I am excited to spend on. In reality that boredom could most likely be ended by choosing a favourite and choosing to create that something wild with her.

I feel like Twitch would possibly be more appropriate interactive entertainment in terms of OP's interests? Maybe someone who uses Twitch more can comment, though.

edit: nvm I was wrong about this
Twitch is video game-based, if OP wants to watch pottery or glassblowing shows he's probably not gonna find that on twitch either. I'm sure there would be more who understand his DnD jokes though. (Also chatting there is awful unless you're in a really small room)

But yeah it seems like the he wants MFC to be something it's not.

Last edited:
Reactions: CasseLove
I mean the thing is he has a right to be looking for what he's looking for. That's totally well and fine and his opinion that MFC is boring is valid (for him) and also fine.

This is EXACTLY like people who complain about MTV and the History channel (and basically every other channel) playing only reality tv now and nothing of "value". Liiike, sure you can get mad at the History channel if you want but it's pointless. They're just doing what's necessary to stay relevant and in business you know? You are only one person and your opinion only counts once. If reality tv is what is getting views and making the money, that's what they've gotta do. If your preferences don't line up with the rest of the general population you're kind of shit out of luck. It is what it is.

Twitch is video game-based, if OP wants to watch pottery or glassblowing shows he's probably not gonna find that on twitch either. I'm sure there would be more who understand his DnD jokes though. (Also chatting there is awful unless you're in a really small room)

But yeah it seems like the he wants MFC to be something it's not.

Twitch actually has a "creative" section that's for the arts/random things. It's not all video games.

Most models on MFC stick to similar shows because that's whats most successful for them monetarily and viewer wise.
Just the other day a model mentioned that her members always ask her why she doesn't do any of her more creative shows anymore when the fact of the matter was they were her lowest earning shows, so much so that they weren't even worth setting up and preparing for. Her income is actually higher after having cut them out. Many models would like to do more creative things, but end up taking a hit to their income which makes it not worth it.
While it's true that some models see a huge return on doing things that are "different", there are just as many +more that are trying and not getting enough of a positive response to continue.
This is exactly what I've run into as well. Anytime I do something out of the norm, I get about 1/3 of my usual hourly and daily token goal. Once in a while there is that fluke where someone comes by and drops a bomb of a tip (often times, though, that tip has NOTHING to do with the subject matter of the show and is for other or no reason) but overall I have to focus mainly on my most "boring" routine to make my goals.

I just started streaming video game play on MFC once per week. It is guaranteed I only make a tiny fraction of the tokens I'd normally aim to make in a shift. But I'm hoping that in the long run it grabs the attention of a few extra people each time and that eventually they'll chip in and be part of my goals. It's also a nice change of pace for myself.

Kitchen/baking/cooking shows is another example of something people seem to really enjoy but do not tip as well for.

Oh and don't get me started on how unprofitable it is to just sit and chat about interesting or controversial topics. May as well attach a sink line to your camscore if you feel like simply conversing with the room, even if your tits are out and wiggling.

A while ago on twitter there was a "camgirl starterpack" meme going around and as funny as it was it rang pretty true. Many girls fall into the same pattern as one another because that's what they're shown time and time again members prefer to see.

I'm not on MFC and have no horses in this race, this is just my observation.

I guess I agree with that, because I have often heard camgirls make the same observation (about "creative" shows not paying off). It's a dilemma, because I do believe something needs to change in the "formula" to maintain member interest and tipping (to keep pace with the increasing number of models, if nothing else). However, for any particular model, trying that is risky. Someone like Olivia is quite rare (due to talent, personality, luck and hard work). But doing "something different" doesn't need to be as extreme as Olivia.

Also, I use only MFC, so my comments may be less relevant for other sites.

It's a dilemma, because I do believe something needs to change in the "formula" to maintain member interest and tipping (to keep pace with the increasing number of models, if nothing else).

Indeed; the problem is that it's a tough one to solve - I hang out in a few rooms where discussion of random interesting subjects tends to happen, but one constant across all of those is that whenever the discussion becomes too interesting tipping slows down considerably/stops, which means that sooner or later the model will have to find a way to get people back to tipping, which usually happens by slowly changing the subject to more sexual things (which is where the money is).

Status
Not open for further replies.