AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why So Few True-HD MFC Model-Rooms ???

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2016
I know that most good web-cams can transmit HD videos and that MFC has provided an HD setting or option in their model-software, but , as a member with a fast connection, I have seen only 2 models who stream true HD video. I watch MFC on a 75" screen, so I can easily see the difference. For a long time, I thought that lack of HD was a server/bandwidth issue where MFC intentionally limited video quality so that their servers could properly support the many other advanced features that MFC offers. So, why does true HD video occasionally come from a few models (none of them being top models) ?

I'm not an IT or a programmer, but I would describe myself as an advanced user who can't figure out what is going on at MFC. I'm hoping that some knowledegable model or member can give me their opinion or answer.

MFC doesn't have true HD. The quality of the stream does vary a bit between models depending mostly on their webcams and on the amount of light (the more light the better quality) and I don't know if this is because of MFC's software or the model's webcam.

I have seen only 2 models who stream true HD video
There is no point in setting our cam to broadcast true HD when MFC's feed doesn't allow true HD.

I know that one model - Kati3kat - use the old site she used to cam (Chaturbate) to do kind of a "hack" and get HD on MFC, she already said several times that online, but it fucks up the mobile users. She certainly has one of the best video qualitie on the site.

I know that one model - Kati3kat - use the old site she used to cam (Chaturbate) to do kind of a "hack" and get HD on MFC, she already said several times that online, but it fucks up the mobile users. She certainly has one of the best video qualitie on the site.
I am now watching Kati3kat often, and her video is definitely HD , and when watching her full-screen on a 75" screen, the difference is obvious.

Reactions: Puffin
<sarcasm>Maybe cuz she is special to MFC she gets all the stuff and things</sarcasm>

• Funny!
Reactions: Nordling
I am now watching Kati3kat often, and her video is definitely HD , and when watching her full-screen on a 75" screen, the difference is obvious.
Last time I watched her on MFC she had the same quality as anyone else with a good webcam and proper lighting. I've never seen any HD broadcasts on MFC and as far my knowledge goes there is no way for us to broadcast in true HD.

Now, if someone is getting some sort of special treatment or is using some sort of trick... I'd give my left tit to know about it.

After reading this thread I watched her cam and it really does look good. But I wonder if this is not due to the combination of really good lighting and heavy makeup? both of those can hide a lot of technical flaws

Okay, giving it a good look. She has AMAZING lighting, first off, but a standard webcam. Asking around it seems to be that she's overexposing herself, which means that there are less colors which means the quality is compressed tighter. Which makes sense to me, as when I've watched her I feel she has a lower saturation setting too which gives her less varied colors. I've used this trick when making high-quality gifs but trying to keep them a smaller file size, black and white gifs can be amazing quality without being giant because of this.

I'll go ahead and say when it comes to all this, I'm not very experienced. But thanks to my room, this is the best answer we could come up with and I could be wrong. This thread just sparked my curiosity quite a bit.

Also someone said something about it fucking up mobile users? I can view her on mobile just fine.

All I know is that when I cam on ImLive or Cams, I NEVER have to adjust the settings in my Logitech webcam software, and everything looks good. However when I broadcasted on MFC last night, I had to open up the Logitech webcam software controller and mess with the settings to get rid of that annoying tint.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Nordling
All I know is that when I cam on ImLive or Cams, I NEVER have to adjust the settings in my Logitech webcam software, and everything looks good. However when I broadcasted on MFC last night, I had to open up the Logitech webcam software controller and mess with the settings to get rid of that annoying tint.
Which sites are those? I know MFC but how do you like the other two?

Which sites are those? I know MFC but how do you like the other two?

ImLive and Cams. I like them because I don't have to do free chat (LOL) and have the option for daily pay.

Reactions: Entertainer33
I really dont believe there is any kind of "hack" that lets her use her chaturbate stream on MFC. I'm pretty sure its a combination of good lighting and makeup.

eta: cam settings as well
I've been thinking about why some have said or implied that there is no real meaningful difference between Kati3Kat's video quality and many other good cams of similar quality. I have an expensive laptop with a very good screen and graphics card, so I decided to look at Kati3Kat's feed to see how it looks on a good smaller screen. I was surprised to discover that her HD feed looked no better than many other good MFC feeds. The obvious difference I see on my 75" Samsung screen is not visible on smaller screens, so HD video feeds on MFC is a non-issue to the vast majority of MFC viewers. I now understand why MFC has chosen not to waste additional band-width on HD at this time.

Reactions: AmberCutie
Once again I am proven wrong. While I have all professional equipment and lighting... I still stream in 320x240 while Kati3 streams in 800x600. (just saying I have nothing against her, she seems like a nice and hardworking lady)

Seems some preferential model treatment is going on? Some sort of separate software? "HD" beta testing via certain camgirls? I emailed support. We'll see if they respond. I am outraged and confused. The quality of my streams is very important to me.

mfc stream difference.png
bxr1JLO.png

Last edited:
Once again I am proven wrong. While I have all professional equipment and lighting... I still stream in 320x240 while Kati3 streams in 800x600. (just saying I have nothing against her, she seems like a nice and hardworking lady)

Seems some preferential model treatment is going on? Some sort of separate software? "HD" beta testing via certain camgirls? I emailed support. We'll see if they respond. I am outraged and confused. The quality of my streams is very important to me.

@Magnolia, since I like you, let me explain and hopefully put your outraged and confusion to rest.

I followed this HD evolution with Kati3 and have known about this for many months*. When Kati3 first joining MFC she had the standard quality like other models. After some time and complaints by her former Chaturbate regulars that MFC had poor quality, she appeared to stumble upon(or was told) that if she went to Chaturbate and set a resolution quality and then switched back to MFC the resolution set on Chaturbate carried on when switching back to MFC. It generated quite some talk in her room at the time, because when you go high resolution on MFC then you lose some sound quality (different encoding?) - and in fact on a iPad/iPhone device the sound becomes scrambled and no words can be made out. It was shortly after this time of Kati3 using high resolution that the wonders of the Puffin browser was found because it will allow mobile streaming the same as a desktop PC. Members complaining about the sound often occur in Kati3's room - it did yesterday, when regulars have to keep telling new people to use a destop PC or use Puffin browser.

It also seems likely that the sound issues that occured with @Princess Mika at one point on MFC are related. Was @Princess Mika using chaturbate, or in some way changing her resolution?

I think that MFC sound issues on mobiles occur when high quality resolution is set, because as a regular iPad user I've encountered many rooms on MFC (including many with low cam scores) with the sound issues and because of that, I'm pretty sure that no preferential model treatment is happening.

*would of created a thread to explain, although choose not to, as my advice shared on AFC is often poorly received.

@Magnolia, since I like you, let me explain and hopefully put your outraged and confusion to rest.

I followed this HD evolution with Kati3 and have known about this for many months*. When Kati3 first joining MFC she had the standard quality like other models. After some time and complaints by her former Chaturbate regulars that MFC had poor quality, she appeared to stumble upon(or was told) that if she went to Chaturbate and set a resolution quality and then switched back to MFC the resolution set on Chaturbate carried on when switching back to MFC. It generated quite some talk in her room at the time, because when you go high resolution on MFC then you lose some sound quality (different encoding?) - and in fact on a iPad/iPhone device the sound becomes scrambled and no words can be made out. It was shortly after this time of Kati3 using high resolution that the wonders of the Puffin browser was found because it will allow mobile streaming the same as a desktop PC. Members complaining about the sound often occur in Kati3's room - it did yesterday, when regulars have to keep telling new people to use a destop PC or use Puffin browser.

It also seems likely that the sound issues that occured with @Princess Mika at one point on MFC are related. Was @Princess Mika using chaturbate, or in some way changing her resolution?

I think that MFC sound issues on mobiles occur when high quality resolution is set, because as a regular iPad user I've encountered many rooms on MFC (including many with low cam scores) with the sound issues and because of that, I'm pretty sure that no preferential model treatment is happening.

*would of created a thread to explain, although choose not to, as my advice shared on AFC is often poorly received.
So, if you know... when she went to CB to set a resolution quality was she using some sort of broadcaster to do so? Like Xsplit, OBS, etc. I'm so very confused how that would translate between the two sites without that.

This is what her audio codec looks like compared to mine:
65a4bb96.gif

Speex vs Nellymoser... 0 kbps for her because I don't have the proper software to decode the audio. I'll update if I figure it out.

(Oh, and anyone with sound issues: try streaming your mic through an audio interface and selecting the interface's software for your input instead of directly through your mic. On days that I am forced to use my webcam's mic or a direct mic I have those issues sometimes, but never with the audio interface's software. I have no idea why that works for me, but it does.)

Nice hair! :D

Audio working fine on iPad also.
Thanks!

Also, models... I figured it all out! I'm not sure if everyone will be able to do it (need a high-powered computer and good internet and such) but I'm going to fine tune it and do a write up in the Model's Only section. ^_^

Seems some preferential model treatment is going on?

What's sad is that 800x600 should ever be considered 'preferential treatment' in this day and age. That resolution is SVGA which was created 29 years ago and is so freaking outdated it's pitiful. THIS is the standard models can dare hope to attain on mfc??? What the literal fuck.

0.6% of losers are still using this resolution on the entire world wide web. Come out of the dark ages mfc!

Screenshot - 6_18_2016 , 4_43_49 PM.png

Post it here , there are plenty of geeks on this forum that may be able to help fine tune the process.

What's sad is that 800x600 should ever be considered 'preferential treatment' in this day and age. That resolution is SVGA which was created 29 years ago and is so freaking outdated it's pitiful. THIS is the standard models can dare hope to attain on mfc??? What the literal fuck.

0.6% of losers are still using this resolution on the entire world wide web. Come out of the dark ages mfc!
It appears resolutions beyond 800x600, even 4K is possible on MFC if you have an extremely fast computer, bandwidth combined with a Kati3Kat/Magnolia level of tech wizardary ;)

And also it works fine on Firefox, and not on Chrome.

Last edited:
Reactions: Magnolia
Post it here , there are plenty of geeks on this forum that may be able to help fine tune the process.
I'm still debating on whether to post it totally public or for just models. Not 100% sure how MFC and CB would feel about what I'm doing? I don't want to totally ruin it for everyone. We'll see, I'm still ironing out the details.

I thought my stream was HD? I've never done anything special but it always says "HD." Can someone check for me? mfc.im/DawnBrooks
You are streaming in 320x240, which is not considered HD. I have no idea why MFC labels it as HD because it pretty much just means that you're available to mobile watchers is all. But it's not a true HD.

You are streaming in 320x240, which is not considered HD. I have no idea why MFC labels it as HD because it pretty much just means that you're available to mobile watchers is all. But it's not a true HD.

MFC calls an option HD. But in my mind none of it is. Even Kati3Kat's, as good as it is, is not HD at 800x600.

I think of the minimum standard for HD at 720p which is 1280x720 resolution. So I don't think anyone on mfc is actually streaming at HD. It's just some option that mfc incorrectly labels as HD to make everyone feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.