AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Wich open cam (not for private shows only) website is more profitable in your opinion?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 3, 2020
I started streaming not long ago, and started with CB, but i want to expand my view , since i saw some models dont really feel like CB is beeing that great.
so in YOUR individual opinion,wich platform is your favorite ?

I started streaming not long ago, and started with CB, but i want to expand my view , since i saw some models dont really feel like CB is beeing that great.
so in YOUR individual opinion,wich platform is your favorite ?
CB is a different beast in the "free cams" market. They heavily push super sexual ads on their site, do not promote much sense of community amongst the members, and don't have a built in clip site or mail system. But they don't have a "camscore" so it doesn't hurt you to stay on cam more hours to try to make token goals. Their platform is better for hardcore performers, or if you're male/trans/couples account.

Myfreecams is the precursor to CB, the more original and most popular "free cams" site out there now. They have built in clip sales/club sales/etc, mail system, promote a heavy sense of community among members which creates a welcoming environment for friendly chatty members, and has a competition built in to push for tokens (Miss MFC ranks = the most tokens earned in a month.)

I've been on Myfreecams for over 10 years and it's been a godsend. It has everything ya need. ONLY downside is camscore... if you stay on cam for many hours at a time without making tokens, it lowers your score which lowers your default placement on the homepage for new members to find you. They only allow cam girls.

• Helpful!
Reactions: AllyVixen
One site not mentioned enough is Stripchat.
Not as bad as chaturbate but not as good as MFC it's in the middle. But more traffic, no real chance of sitting there in a quiet room while people ignore you.
The only thing that REALLY bugs me is you can't post links in chat.

One site not mentioned enough is Stripchat.
Not as bad as chaturbate but not as good as MFC it's in the middle. But more traffic, no real chance of sitting there in a quiet room while people ignore you.
The only thing that REALLY bugs me is you can't post links in chat.
That and you can only ignore your chat from seeing grays and not actually block them typing in chat for everyone else to see. They'd do a lot better to have apps/bots going to keep the spam and junk out of chat.

Reactions: melanieoncam
CB is a different beast in the "free cams" market. They heavily push super sexual ads on their site, do not promote much sense of community amongst the members, and don't have a built in clip site or mail system. But they don't have a "camscore" so it doesn't hurt you to stay on cam more hours to try to make token goals. Their platform is better for hardcore performers, or if you're male/trans/couples account.
With all due respect, I beg to differ a little.

Yeah, it definitely doesn't hurt to stay on cam more hours. But there are no guarantees that your hard work will ever get appreciated by the site or users. That's something to keep in mind if you're a new CB model.

I feel like it's just a matter of luck on CB.

Sometimes big following means nothing.
I've seen models with 200 000 followers who have been struggling to get more than 100 users in their room.
And I've seen models with 5 000 followers whose rooms seem busy enough.

What I mean is no one new model should hope, no matter how hardcore or softcore they are, that if they work hard enough and get some following, they'll be consistently thriving. That's simply not the case on CB.

While there's not much sense of community (which may be one of the reasons), you have to keep people interested all the time.
And if it's supposed to pay off on the site like MFC (where your camscore is clear and you know roughly how it has been calculated), it isn't supposed to pay off on the site like CB.

That's why I wouldn't recommend CB as a primary site to any new model. CB seems appealing to beginners because it's easy to adjust to and navigate. But that's a bit of a trap, actually. Especially considering how ban-happy CB is.

Yeah, you have to work hard on any site to succeed.
But what I'm saying is that CB may be just a waste of time for many new models and not only. They seriously may start feeling like shit because they aren't getting appreciated on CB (even if they're hardcore and open for doing explicit public shows) and it may hurt their self-esteem really bad.

CB is oversaturated with beginners. And while it doesn't affect my personal business, it hurts to see someone struggling not because they are bad or aren't capable of doing good shows. But because we all know jack shit about how CB works.

You get lucky, then suddenly your luck is gone. Or you never get lucky and waste your time on CB because you believe that "hard work pays off" and that "I'll get lucky someday because I'm hardcore". The truth is probably not, you won't.

No harm in trying, though. But again, I don't recommend to fully concentrate on CB and to rely on the site.

When you're a newbie, CB will be perfect for split-camming (if you consider that) or as one of additional eggs in your basket (you hop up when you feel like it, without obsessing over the site, sitting for hours and hours and getting absolutely nothing but a premature burnout).

Last edited:
Reactions: Mila_
Nobody mentioned SodaCam either. I'm not a big fan of frreemium sites but got my best experiences on that one. Traffic is low now, but the remaining users are quite loyal and willing to spend.

With all due respect, I beg to differ a little.

Yeah, it definitely doesn't hurt to stay on cam more hours. But there are no guarantees that your hard work will ever get appreciated by the site or users. That's something to keep in mind if you're a new CB model.

I feel like it's just a matter of luck on CB.

Sometimes big following means nothing.
I've seen models with 200 000 followers who have been struggling to get more than 100 users in their room.
And I've seen models with 5 000 followers whose rooms seem busy enough.

What I mean is no one new model should hope, no matter how hardcore or softcore they are, that if they work hard enough and get some following, they'll be consistently thriving. That's simply not the case on CB.

While there's not much sense of community (which may be one of the reasons), you have to keep people interested all the time.
And if it's supposed to pay off on the site like MFC (where your camscore is clear and you know roughly how it has been calculated), it isn't supposed to pay off on the site like CB.

That's why I wouldn't recommend CB as a primary site to any new model. CB seems appealing to beginners because it's easy to adjust to and navigate. But that's a bit of a trap, actually. Especially considering how ban-happy CB is.

Yeah, you have to work hard on any site to succeed.
But what I'm saying is that CB may be just a waste of time for many new models and not only. They seriously may start feeling like shit because they aren't getting appreciated on CB (even if they're hardcore and open for doing explicit public shows) and it may hurt their self-esteem really bad.

CB is oversaturated with beginners. And while it doesn't affect my personal business, it hurts to see someone struggling not because they are bad or aren't capable of doing good shows. But because we all know jack shit about how CB works.

You get lucky, then suddenly your luck is gone. Or you never get lucky and waste your time on CB because you believe that "hard work pays off" and that "I'll get lucky someday because I'm hardcore". The truth is probably not, you won't.

No harm in trying, though. But again, I don't recommend to fully concentrate on CB and to rely on the site.

When you're a newbie, CB will be perfect for split-camming (if you consider that) or as one of additional eggs in your basket (you hop up when you feel like it, without obsessing over the site, sitting for hours and hours and getting absolutely nothing but a premature burnout).

Yup I agree with everything said here. I would add that neither followers or viewers are an useful indication.
There is a ton of models with old accounts that have hundreds of thousands of followers, which 90% are long inactive.
You can safely assume that 50-70% of first page models viewers are bots used to boost the ranking. I guess Project Melodia was the first model in CB history that reach 1st position without bot abuse lol.

So as a beginner you have absolutely no idea how you are positioning yourself on the site. Your follower count may explode as you start, but you don't know which % are useless grey users or guys that have 10000 followed models. Regulars are harder to get on CB because this isn't really the site spirit, and there is no way to keep in touch with them by CB while online. I'm not the best advice here as I'm not really into freemium sites, but I use CB only to get users buying my Instagram and move them to my main sites, as the CB traffic is simply gigantic.

• Hugs
Reactions: Beawaresweety
I got to 2 sites to watch and here is what I see. MFC is the GFE and CB is the one night stand and in the end which one makes more $$$ if you're good at it - I'd guess MFC. And MFC prices are much higher too - as a viewer on CB you can get a private for 12 token a minute usually so 10 minutes is $12 for the viewer. I have not done a private at MFC but I think its 60 token a minute so that would be $60 for the viewer and much more $$$ for the model. I even play black jack with models at MFC (if I win I get to pick a prize =) - is just a way different environment there and way way more regulars so the chat is interesting. OH and this is big tip - I saw girl talking about buying a car and the chat lit up - nothing guys like more than buying cars. If i was her I'd keep thinking and asking about buying that car for 3 years =) I rarely join chat and i was busy typing - 2016 lexus - dealer certified - get free warranty - its 1/2 price of new one =) hahahaha

And MFC prices are much higher too - as a viewer on CB you can get a private for 12 token a minute usually so 10 minutes is $12 for the viewer. I have not done a private at MFC but I think its 60 token a minute so that would be $60 for the viewer and much more $$$ for the model.
I'm not sure how exactly you came up with these conclusions.

1 token is always $0.05 for models, both on CB and on MFC.

So if a private show costs 12 tokens per 1 minute and lasts 10 minutes, model earns $6.

And if a private show costs 60 tokens per 1 minute and lasts 10 minutes, model earns $30.

I don't know where you got your "much more $$$ for the model" from.

So if a private show costs 12 tokens per 1 minute and lasts 10 minutes, model earns $6.

And if a private show costs 60 tokens per 1 minute and lasts 10 minutes, model earns $30.

I don't think he was saying that tokens are more for the model on MFC, but rather that $30 is more than $6.

But you can also find 60 token per minute and even 90 token per minute privates on CB, so it isn't automatically cheaper.

I don't think he was saying that tokens are more for the model on MFC, but rather that $30 is more than $6.

But you can also find 60 token per minute and even 90 token per minute privates on CB, so it isn't automatically cheaper.
Thank you, Saffron, I haven't thought of that before. Maybe his way of formulating left me confused.

60 tokens per 1 minute is the standard pvt rate on MFC and models can't change it on their own. And CB models are free to set the price, there are much more options (from 6 tokens per 1 minute to 150 tokens per 1 minute) so it doesn't make CB any cheaper or less profitable.

Reactions: dark_mermaid
The logic "higher per minute price means more money" is too simple. Following this, models would make even more if mfc made the per minute price 500 tokens per minute. Obviously this would NOT result in more money, but very likely to less money.

I was saying what cost me the viewer =) Yes - for the model is 5 cents. I rarely see anyone over 30 token per minute on CB and MFC is all 60 from what I read - the model can't lower it or raise it.

Status
Not open for further replies.