AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Will this laptop do

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 14, 2015
In space, probably
mizzami.bigcartel.com
Twitter Username
@mizzami_cb
Tumblr Username
mizzami
MFC Username
mizzami
Chaturbate Username
mizzami
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/603432/mizzami/
Sorry if this is a repetitive question asked, and I have read the "Camgirl guide to computer shopping" (I don't remember if it's on ACF or SW) but I'm not the most tech-savvy when it comes to laptops and such. I'm fine with HMTL and programs and whatnot but with specs and knowing what's good? No clue.

So basically, my current laptop is on the way out. It was cheap when we got it and handed down to me last year, it's probably almost 6 years old, I believe. I would wear my fingers down if I listed all it's problems, but it's gotten me through just as a casual browsing laptop.

I have the chance to get a new laptop next week so I'm taking it. The one in my price range that I like the look of, is the Dell Latittude E6420 i5-2520M 2.5Ghz with 4GB RAM.
Would this be able to handle clip editing/occasional camming? I would be getting an external webcam eventually, too.

I know laptops aren't the most powerful machines but I prefer to be able to move it around when I want to vs a stationary desktop (I've had desktops before and I hated them)

Personally, I wouldn't buy anything that wasn't at least an i7 quadcore with at very minimum 12GB of RAM. Anything less will make editing take forever.

We recently discussed this here:
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/best-i7-laptop-for-cam-editing.23407/#post-711249
I would love to fork out a lot for a decent laptop, but right now this is all I'll be able to get. Maybe in the (distant) future I can invest in one but it's definitely not a possibility right now. thank you though!

Status
Not open for further replies.