AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Will this last?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2021
Camland
Streamate Username
explorejade
Hey guys! So I switched camsites for the 3rd time. Started on Chaturbate, switched to camsoda, now I'm on streamate and OH MY GOSH!!! I have never made money this consistently on cam. It feels amazing! But I don't want my hopes to get too high. I'm attractive and I put on a great show... but I'm wondering if this traffic and money is only due to my new status? Have any of you other SM girls experienced great money when you were new, but it faded after the 30 days? Any info is welcome:) thanks so much guys! Sending love and money vibes your way!

Good for you!

After the new tag was done, my earnings weren't negatively affected. In fact, my money doubled over time, but the main problem for me was that I had my prices very low when I started. I was used to 18tk-30tk/min privates on CB, so it was extremely intimidating to eventually bump it up to (iirc) $4.50~/min for group shows and $7.99 for exclusives for a long time. My prices are even higher now, and people will still purchase a show.

A site like SM has more expensive shows in general, so don't be afraid to bump up your prices by $1-$2 every stream until you feel like traffic/earnings is slowing down too much.

Upvote 0
OH MY GOSH!!! I have never made money this consistently on cam.
Amazing to hear well done girl! I had kind of the same experience, came from MFC hoping to diversify but realised any time spent on MFC now was wasted time that I could be on SM instead.
Have any of you other SM girls experienced great money when you were new, but it faded after the 30 days?
Mine hasn't faded yet and I'm just like 4 days clear of the 30 days so fingers crossed it stays like that! I did get very lucky when I first started though and hooked a whale on my first stream who has been popping in fairly regularly ever since. I'm trying to mentally compartmentalise what are my "actual" earnings vs my earnings including him haha cos overall earnings for sure will drop once he loses interest. But even still I agree - my "actual" earnings are better and more consistent than the last site so fingers crossed it stays that way for both of us!

Also, maybe it's just me and I attract a certain kind of customer, but have you found yourself taking a sharp turn from "vanilla" camming in your last sites towards much more fetish stuff on SM? They seem to love it over there and its so much fun learning!

Upvote 0
Amazing to hear well done girl! I had kind of the same experience, came from MFC hoping to diversify but realised any time spent on MFC now was wasted time that I could be on SM instead.

Mine hasn't faded yet and I'm just like 4 days clear of the 30 days so fingers crossed it stays like that! I did get very lucky when I first started though and hooked a whale on my first stream who has been popping in fairly regularly ever since. I'm trying to mentally compartmentalise what are my "actual" earnings vs my earnings including him haha cos overall earnings for sure will drop once he loses interest. But even still I agree - my "actual" earnings are better and more consistent than the last site so fingers crossed it stays that way for both of us!

Also, maybe it's just me and I attract a certain kind of customer, but have you found yourself taking a sharp turn from "vanilla" camming in your last sites towards much more fetish stuff on SM? They seem to love it over there and its so much fun learning!
Oh yes, everything you said! I hooked one too! And this is my first CONSISTENT whale. But yeah I'm having to do way less, for way more $. Lots of guys want me talking in regards to their fetish, or just to watch them! I finally feel like I'm getting what I deserve for doing this job. I'm so happy I've found another person with the same 💫feels💫 I've got rn lol! Super exciting!

Upvote 0
Congrats on finding a new platform that feels good to work on! In my experience (a bit like yours, I was not new to camming just the site) I did not see any drop in income after the new tag expired. On SM it's not a huge boost for traffic that I know of. So I'd say, just keep at it and ride the wave!

Upvote 0
Oh yes, everything you said! I hooked one too! And this is my first CONSISTENT whale. But yeah I'm having to do way less, for way more $. Lots of guys want me talking in regards to their fetish, or just to watch them! I finally feel like I'm getting what I deserve for doing this job. I'm so happy I've found another person with the same 💫feels💫 I've got rn lol! Super exciting!
I just got accepted on streamate and I’m planning to start streaming on Monday. Since I don’t know jack about fetishes, I hope I will get people who wants to be watched doing their fetish instead 😂😂 But I’m hoping to learn as much as I can

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.