AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

With or without makeup?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wear make up, unfortunalty always same becouse im not good at and i do it in 2 minutues :)) Here depends on the model, as i saw on chaturbate they prefer natural models , less make up , more like girl next door room not a face app doll , that work on livejasmin better :)

The bright lights and cam make me look way more…harsh than I do IRL. Dark around the eyes, blonde lashes and scarring/skin problems. I put together a natural but high coverage look so that I look healthy. I get compliments on my “natural” face all the time 😜

I do very minimal makeup so my features show up better; usually just mascara, brows, and lipstick. My brows are basically peach fuzz and they're super hard to see on cam if I don't do browcara or liner lol

If I don't feel lazy I'll wear bb cream but usually I just use my moisturizer/sunscreen cause it leaves a white cast that takes the redness out of my face. I turn the saturation up on my camera so my room looks less washed out and because of this I don't generally have to do any blush or bronzer.

depends on how im feeling. i will frequently do full glam and more natural looks. i never go on cam without makeup because it's like my power armor.
I agree with this response totally. If I wore glasses, I probably wouldn't even bother though :D

How do you work usually? Wearing or not any makeup? And how important do you think it is to wear makeup?
I'm like 50/50. It took me a LONG time to get to the point where I was confident enough to not wear makeup on live streams or for custom vids. I do always wear it when I'm filming a scene. It's just a comfort thing. I LOVE makeup, too, so for me when I don't wear it it's because I just don't feel like spending the time to put it on and I know my fans love me for me. That said, I do always feel super duper hot when I do, and that definitely gives a boost to my performance. It just depends on my mood.

I think it's really an individual choice as to what your comfort level is. I know a handful of girls in adult film who wear minimal makeup and don't even like the false lashes, and just rock the more natural look with like a concealer and mascara. For me, I've always been more "extra" so makeup just feels better to wear. Fans don't give a fuck either way...like, sure, they'll definitely appreciate if you go glam every so often for a different look (if that's not your jam) but ultimately it's all in your attitude and the experience you're giving them :)

Reactions: EvaRomania
Lately, I have been streaming without eye make up and just wearing lipstick and some skin-toned cream. But I think I will return to wearing eye make up just because it helps differentiate my private (no make up) personality from "acting" like a hot chick for money. So that make up is part of the uniform, to cue the shift.

I go through phases of minimal, medium and heavy/full. During the summer I don't wear a lot as my skin is the happiest during this season. Right now just a tinted moisturizer, some color on lips and cheeks and quick brush on the eyebrows.
But I think I will return to wearing eye make up just because it helps differentiate my private (no make up) personality from "acting" like a hot chick for money. So that make up is part of the uniform, to cue the shift.

These 2 responses basically sum up me, makeup and camming in entirety.

Good lighting really washes me out, so I have to put some color on my face to not look like a corpse :haha: If I'm having a good skin day, or am in a hurry, I do just some undereye concealer, powder, and blush on the face, but if I have time or a lot of breakouts, I do full foundation, contour, highlight, etc, and tbh look like a drag queen IRL but on cam have a nice, gentle glow. What else I do depends on which site I'm streaming in. On MFC and chaturbate, I make more money wearing "no-makeup makeup", so I'll also do mascara and eyeliner inside the waterline (these are mandatory for me, I feel like my eyes look weird without them if I'm wearing makeup), a little neutral eyeshadow, and a natural lip. On Streamate, I do better with a more glam look, so I'll do bold eyeshadow or big winged liquid liner, and a red lip. Has to be a classic red lip for some reason, if I wear anything else I barely make anything, which annoys me because I love makeup and have an extensive lipstick collection of lots of colors, dark, light, bold, even "unusual" lipstick colors like blue, purple, and green.

I do my makeup for cam in front of my webcam, with my lights on, so I can tell whether I need more blush or even need to bother covering that pimple. The lights do a surprising amount of hiding blemishes, I only need to worry about breakouts now when they're REALLY bad, which is super nice. I mostly just have to return the dimension to my face, because the lights even out my complexion a little too much.

Hey, there! I never take any pics or go online without makeup! It's not a must must, but you should be aware that members go online to see beautiful women, so it's better to wear makeup. As I previously said - it's not a rule, but it's helpful. Good luck!

Reactions: EvaRomania
, I do full foundation, contour, highlight, etc, and tbh look like a drag queen IRL but on cam have a nice, gentle glow.
It works that way for me too, lighting is so weird. It can look great and natural on cam, then horrific in just natural sunlight 🤷‍♀️

When I cammed I always used to wear makeup! Somehow I’d always look way more dreadful without makeup on cam than I did in real life.

I think the main thing is that you should do what makes you feel best and gives you the most confidence, and sets the best personal mood.

As a user (yes so what I say on this matter really has no weight ;) ) I prefer a "less is more" take with makeup on women. But I also know that makeup for Camming (with the probably harsher lighting etc) must be "heavier" so that it looks "normal" to us on this side of the screen. (Sort of like stage makeup in the theatre)

I think that as long as you do not look like Koko the Clown did your makeup, you are fine (unless that is the vibe you are going for of course! :haha:)

Status
Not open for further replies.