AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

worrying about taxes this year because i don't want my parents to find out i cam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2020
I'm 22, but my parents claim me as a dependent because they help me pay for my living costs and school. I have my tax documents from onlyfans and MFC and I wanted to 1. learn to file taxes in general 2. not...hand my dad my MFC forms to file. I've been trying to do my research, but it's a little more difficult to be filing as a "performer" since it's not a salary job. Do any of y'all have any advice? Are they going to see my income from MFC and OF either way? I'm willing to put in the work to figure out how to file my taxes properly to avoid the whole situation.
Thanks for your help!

Unless you've earned less than $400 total net income for the 1099, you have to report the 1099. This is for US based models. If they claim you as a dependent they also have to claim what you've earned which means they will find out if they put you on their taxes. If you're going to be in this business, you really should be filing yourself as a grownup. This probably should have been thought about prior to even starting camming so you could have gotten a vanilla part time job to use as a scapegoat. If you don't tell your parents and they file without knowing your income, they will eventually find out and it will be worse when they file and it could get rejected or sent back with penalities for not reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.