AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Would love to hear your opinions about it

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Should mods on CB get ban option

• Yes

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 21, 2017
Netherlands
Twitter Username
@Frans_Wolfy
Streamate Username
Francis
Chaturbate Username
tekwolf
Ok i am modding for a while now on cb and in most cases it is an easy job the model set her guidelines pretty good and clear and also use notice to post them.
The only thing we do miss is the option for mods to ban mostly when she bans (promoting performers/haters) is always when she is busy with a goalshow.
Why does CB not allow mods to ban too if the model doesn`t want a person to be banned she can always lift the ban.
So i am wondering what you Ladies and Gentlemen got the say about this

Yes, all mods should be banned. Annoying little fuckers most of them.

Being a mod on cb only makes sense if you are the best/highest tipper or if you've tipped big. Otherwise you are just another guy who asks others to tip without tipping first Just like most of the mods on cb do. Which btw annoys the fuck out of me. Not a coincidence some of my favs there don't have any mod. Plus models may use apps and bots to mod their own chat. My 2 cents.

Being a mod on cb only makes sense if you are the best/highest tipper or if you've tipped big. Otherwise you are just another guy who asks others to tip without tipping first Just like most of the mods on cb do. Which btw annoys the fuck out of me. Not a coincidence some of my favs there don't have any mod. Plus models may use apps and bots to mod their own chat. My 2 cents.
Question: What stops a mod that has been a best / highest tipper from kicking out other good tippers to "have the model all to himself"?
We have seen the delusional posts from the "she's in love with me" guys on here.
Couldn't this backfire?
I don't think there should be mods at all. The models need to run their own rooms their way

What stops a mod that has been a best / highest tipper from kicking out other good tippers to "have the model all to himself"?

I didn't think about it, to be honest. I mean, I didn't think it could happen but if you say so I suppose it happens.

Couldn't this backfire?

I guess very much so in the long term. Idk. We should ask what models think about it. Agree with you on mods being most of the time useless.

Last edited:
Reactions: dilligaf0
I don't understand. People who are moderators of anything on the internet (a chat room, a forum, etc.) are supposed to be able to ban, aren't they? So if they're mods, I don't understand why they wouldn't have that ability.

That being said...I've never had any interest in assigning someone else to "mod" for me. I can handle my own chatroom, and am not interested in giving someone else the ability to kick/ban/mute members for me. And I could see that becoming a problem anyway.

But hey, different strokes for different folks. I guess I can kinda understand why popular models with busy rooms would want to have a moderator handling things while they're doing their public chat shows. I'd imagine they'd really trust these dudes' judgment to be giving them that kind of power in their chat room.

Reactions: tekwolf
I don't like the idea of giving a mod the power to ban in my room. Kick? Yes. Ban? That's something I'm not comfortable with because that could easily be abused by a mod that could start to go sideways. Banning strikes me as something that should be at a model's distrection.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Ok i am modding for a while now on cb and in most cases it is an easy job the model set her guidelines pretty good and clear and also use notice to post them.
The only thing we do miss is the option for mods to ban mostly when she bans (promoting performers/haters) is always when she is busy with a goalshow.
Why does CB not allow mods to ban too if the model doesn`t want a person to be banned she can always lift the ban.
So i am wondering what you Ladies and Gentlemen got the say about this

Don't models have more information about the member than moderators? How much they've tipped etc?

How many times has a moderator genuinely thought "I'd ban them if I could" vs how many times the model actually banned them?

Whose room is it anyway, the models or the moderators?

Finally - moderators can be applied at any time and to anyone on that site. The idea that some random could get ban powers simply because they asked to moderate... is retarded.

don't understand. People who are moderators of anything on the internet (a chat room, a forum, etc.) are supposed to be able to ban, aren't they? So if they're mods, I don't understand why they wouldn't have that ability.

No, moderators moderate, you are thinking of administrators - whether that's forums, chat rooms or other. It is administrators who do the banning, not moderators.

Everyone has the power to ban on MFC.
If someone gets on your nerves, click on their name and click "ignore user".
You no longer see them in chat.

I think mods should get a sword.

• Funny!
Reactions: Nikola Tesla
No, moderators moderate, you are thinking of administrators - whether that's forums, chat rooms or other. It is administrators who do the banning, not moderators.

Thanks for the clarification, however that's not always true. Moderators of my Yahoo! group from years ago had the ability to ban. I want to same the same about the moderators of Model Mayhem, though I'm not 100% sure. I'm not active on those forums like I was back in the day. I remember mods on there putting members in "time out" or sending them to "the brig." Lol.

https://support.google.com/plus/answer/6320413?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en

Ugh, in my above post I tried linking to a Facebook FAQ page, explaining what administrators and moderators can do, but it won't allow access to it anymore. So tried to take screenshots.

Left side is admin roles, and right side is mod roles:

QTttAZO.jpg

kfpn37N.jpg

It's dependant on which platform or software you use what the exact roles and powers of administrators/moderators/community managers/roomhelpers/whatever are and whether they exist or not.

Reactions: Gen
Status
Not open for further replies.