AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Yet another "banned from Chaturbate" thread.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweetnuvo

Cam Model
Apr 9, 2013
So tonight I was broadcasting on chaturbate. I've really been enjoying it, a lot. I've been making pretty good money and have brought a bunch of guys over from MFC there. Generally speaking, my pay has been 2x what it was at MFC (due to my cam score sucking there).

Tonight my show was rolling along as usual.... when a troll entered the room. Usually, my mods do a good job silencing the trolls, but, this particular guy had been in before bad-mouthing. He entered my room, literally saying..
"I would fuck you right up your greasy poop shoot"

at the point, I just allowed my mod to troll him back for a few exchanges, because I was in the middle of playing with myself, and I just ignored his comment.

Then, apparently the guy gets mad, and says "I've reported this bitch!".
I ban him, and the next thing I know, I see people dropping out of my room left and right.. I get a couple emails stating that they are all seeing "This room has been banned". I can't chat to other models, I can't cash out. I can't broadcast. My followers dropped from 15,091 to 14,208.

I was in the middle of a show, minding my own business. It's a FRIDAY night. My BEST night usually.
I've already emailed Shirley, but I'm posting here so hopefully this will be handled. I usually work Saturday nights as well, and actually cancelled plans so I could work tomorrow. Now I don't know how soon I'll be "unbanned".

I just wanted this to serve as a heads up. I'm not sure exactly how the guy could get me banned instantly. I remembered his username, but I don't want to post it here. Either way, he got ME banned and I wasn't doing anything. Literally, nothing.

My ID is valid.
I wasn't smoking, drinking, doing any bathroom activity.
I was merely laying on my bed, rubbing myself. The only thing I did was ban the guy right before I got banned.

I wish I could say there's two sides of the story here, but sadly, that's exactly how innocent I was when I got banned... no lies, no deceit. I got banned... for nothing... and it's affected my pay. =/

It sounds like you're guilty until proven innocent on Chaturbate. Which is an arse about face way to go about things. So many threads on here where models get banned for seemingly no reason and then unbanned a few days later, which begs the question: why were they banned in the first place? It's almost as if Chaturbate ban models as soon as they're reported by a member and only actually bother to investigate the matter once the model asks why they were banned. Weird.

That said, the members as mods thing sounds like it's inviting trouble. For every member who is actually capable of moderating a room without resorting to pettiness or idiocy (and who actually want the responsibility) there must be a dozen members who just... aren't.

mynameisbob84 said:
It sounds like you're guilty until proven innocent on Chaturbate. Which is an arse about face way to go about things. So many threads on here where models get banned for seemingly no reason and then unbanned a few days later, which begs the question: why were they banned in the first place? It's almost as if Chaturbate ban models as soon as they're reported by a member and only actually bother to investigate the matter once the model asks why they were banned. Weird.

That said, the members as mods thing sounds like it's inviting trouble. For every member who is actually capable of moderating a room without resorting to pettiness or idiocy (and who actually want the responsibility) there must be a dozen members who just... aren't.

Exactly! Great post. :thumbleft:

Reactions: Nordling
I don't spend too much time on Chaturbate because of the crowd of people it seems to attract. I have yet to be in a room where the chat going on wasn't just a bunch of assholes going at each other and insulting or begging from the performers. There just seems to be not much recourse for models to be able to properly manage their rooms and keep the fuckbags out.

So many of these insta-bans seem to occur on Chaturbate... what kind of admin do they have where they don't even give the accused a chance to defend themselves before lopping them off.

Reactions: spankamber
Chaturbate is so ban-happy it's silly. I agree with Bob that they seem to use "guilty til proven innocent" mentality.

Funny though, lots of people bitch that MFC needs to ban more/be more observant of rules, but if they aren't careful what they wish for, this sort of situation could be pestering models there, too.

AmberCutie said:
Funny though, lots of people bitch that MFC needs to ban more/be more observant of rules, but if they aren't careful what they wish for, this sort of situation could be pestering models there, too.

I know I personally enjoy pointing out inconsistencies in MFC's ban policies, but for me, it's actually for the opposite reason. I don't want to see tighter regulations. I'm glad that MFC doesn't ban what they generally don't ban, and do ban what they generally do ban. I just wish that they would change their stated policies to reflect their behavior, so that knowing what was really allowed in practice and what wasn't wouldn't be so much of a guessing game.

Sweetnuvo said:
Tonight my show was rolling along as usual.... when a troll entered the room. Usually, my mods do a good job silencing the trolls, but, this particular guy had been in before bad-mouthing. He entered my room, literally saying..
"I would fuck you right up your greasy poop shoot"

at the point, I just allowed my mod to troll him back for a few exchanges, because I was in the middle of playing with myself, and I just ignored his comment.

Then, apparently the guy gets mad, and says "I've reported this bitch!".

As others have pointed out in this thread, Chaturbate appears very ban happy, but this exchange makes me wonder as I play devils advocate. Why would your mod troll a troll? What did you mod say? Might it be that your mod got you banned?

Either way, it seems a silly way to go about a business by banning the talent with no explanation. I know if I was a model I would have second thoughts about working with some of the other cam sites mentioned on this board due to the way they conduct business. MFC is not perfect, but I have yet to see threads started saying they banned me for no reason or they are not paying me. Even as a member I have avoided those other site just due to the bad word of mouth here.

Well I got an email from Shirley. Apparently the ban was a mistake on their behalf and I have been unbanned. I did lose 2k followers due to a glitch.. But either way, Im back.

To answer the whole mod trolling thing; I suppose that can be taken wrong. However my mod spends at least 500 tokens a night on me, and generally doesn't silence unless it gets in a situation that would cost me money. He was not really saying anything wrong (certainly nothing ban worthy) but should have silenced the guy faster. There's a very thin line of mod power in my opinion, but, instead of stopping my show to silence ban or kick a troll, I prefer to have someone else do it.

Thank you for the responses.. I still don't know the full details of the ban but apparently I'm not the only one that got kicked Friday night

Bocefish said:
I hope that site gets their act together soon. I've never reported a model for anything, just bitched about a select few here after being certain their ways were less than honorable... and usually got flack for doing so.

False claims should be zero tolerance too.

I agree. If a site finds a member reporting people for no reason they should in turn be banned instead. The guy who thought reporting her was somehow justified probably caused the glitch for her to be banned.
Also CB saying "Oops so sorry, We fixed it" is bullshit. Cause it's been happening for over a year. And Shirley knows it's happening but won't respond to it in the thread she started herself. It's not fixed, it's been happening, and they just don;t care to fix it in reality.

Teagan_Chase said:
Bocefish said:
I hope that site gets their act together soon. I've never reported a model for anything, just bitched about a select few here after being certain their ways were less than honorable... and usually got flack for doing so.

I agree. If a site finds a member reporting people for no reason they should in turn be banned instead. The guy who thought reporting her was somehow justified probably caused the glitch for her to be banned.
Also CB saying "Oops so sorry, We fixed it" is bullshit. Cause it's been happening for over a year. And Shirley knows it's happening but won't respond to it in the thread she started herself. It's not fixed, it's been happening, and they just don;t care to fix it in reality.
Don't you just love that? It's sad that she is their best representative. If only campsite staff were like normal work environments. Can you imagine a Walmart HR personel being as rude as the Streamate twitter? Or the payroll manager at an IGA not answering your e-mails or phone calls about not having been paid in three months?

Dealing with Chaturbate over getting paid was a nightmare. They insisted all my checks were sent, but I had to complain for months to get a response. And then it took three e-mails to "confirm" I hadn't received them. On top of that, they wanted another address to mail to. Because you know, my address was the issue, not them.

On an unrelated note... have you always been blonde, Teagan? I could have sworn last time I was on here your hair was black lol

RoseCavilla said:
Teagan_Chase said:
Bocefish said:

Don't you just love that? It's sad that she is their best representative. If only campsite staff were like normal work environments. Can you imagine a Walmart HR personel being as rude as the Streamate twitter? Or the payroll manager at an IGA not answering your e-mails or phone calls about not having been paid in three months?

Dealing with Chaturbate over getting paid was a nightmare. They insisted all my checks were sent, but I had to complain for months to get a response. And then it took three e-mails to "confirm" I hadn't received them. On top of that, they wanted another address to mail to. Because you know, my address was the issue, not them.

On an unrelated note... have you always been blonde, Teagan? I could have sworn last time I was on here your hair was black lol

Lol Rose you're back !! Yay !! I PMed you months ago lol. About CB too.
My last picture was black and white so it looked black, but my hair is actually red. I'm a ginger.

I think the fact when you are a cam site and start your own thread you should be responsible to actually deal with it. Instead she disappeared for months and when she came back she has mostly only posted crap in it. Like helping CB catch fraud, and how you can now pay them to advertise for you, ON CB! It's insulting i think. She ignored everything before like it doesn't exist. Fix your payment system, fix the fact almost every single girl used to be able to broadcast in High Res and now can not even get above 640 to work, fix the constant disconnects, the lags. Until they do that i'm not about to spent money for them to advertise me when they should be doing that to begin with. Why wouldn't you advertise your own product. Duh.

The random bans are why I don't have an account there yet.

Cb is a random place indeed. I have seen 'cash cow' models get away with everything with rooms of 3000+. One girl does her own version of library shows, spends the entire day there and shows many many people as well. Her game is making it out like an 'oops, i shouldn't show the guys in here, tee hee" but does it over n over. Of the several times I've seen her, she did get one on screen warning from admin... but repeated the offense 5 minutes later. lol. "cash is king."

As far as the mod thing, to me its a good thing as long as the model chooses a trusted reg to help her out. As said, theres so many "grays" [no tokens] that theres no way a girl can handle all of it by herself. There are times when its more of a game to see which mod can slap first. In a room of 3500 people, I've seen 4 mods silencing folks non-stop. Some times it is like a street fight but for the majority of rooms its as well behaved or better than MFC.
:twocents-02cents:

Male model here, I read the terms, but missed the part about "drugs". I was smoking an herb and telling viewers it was pot because a few said it was "hot". I have only been camming for 3 days, made 50 bucks a night for 1-2 hra. and a viewer had dropped 500 tkns seconds before the ban...wtf.. who do I email?..

Yoshhhh said:
Male model here, I read the terms, but missed the part about "drugs". I was smoking an herb and telling viewers it was pot because a few said it was "hot". I have only been camming for 3 days, made 50 bucks a night for 1-2 hra. and a viewer had dropped 500 tkns seconds before the ban...wtf.. who do I email?..

You can try Shirley or support. Though you did break the rules and really they have every right to ban you for good. They say they do pay out still, though if that's true who knows. Illegal activity is illegal even on cam. Just keep that in mind for next time or another site.

Support@chaturbate.com
Shirley@chaturbate.com

Reactions: Yoshhhh
AmberCutie said:
Chaturbate is so ban-happy it's silly. I agree with Bob that they seem to use "guilty til proven innocent" mentality.

The only one they truly care about is man on cam, and we all know this-- but even those go unnoticed depending on how low the model's camscore is.

But, at the same time, they have to start getting stricter on some things... like 'movie night' that some models are doing. Obviously, a really popular model does it, every Friday night... and I'm sure because she's popular, Leo et al sort of look the other way because people buy tokens to tip her. But, all it will take is one wrong person seeing the movie night from her and the few other models I have seen starting it and MFC will be up to its eyeballs in copyright lawsuits. Not so sure how much Leo will enjoy being subjected to lawsuits asking for thousands upon thousands of dollars, and potentially asking for the site to be taken offline and all monies earned (from everything, not just those models) paid off as damages.

It's not like it's blurry, on TV behind these models, either. They literally make the movie take up 3/4+ of their cam feed, and the models are just tiny little boxes off in a corner.

It's more than blatant copyright violation... the lawsuits could argue that MFC and the models are charging people to watch the movie because of the tips that come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.