AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

You might want to wipe your phone before you go to AVN

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is at any modern event. I remember New York Comic Con had a giant sign warning of phone theft and a sign that said 'we don't provide free wifi' because people often will setup hotspots that look like public wifi to steal the phones packet data or redirect every link found in the con to their own site to steal passwords. I remember netflix was there giving out codes for free service and the guy setup a hotspot if they used it to goto netflix they would just be giving the code to that guy to collect and resell later.

And most phones now are very easy to create a back up for too. If you load a back up of all your data to a device you're not taking with you, it'll be right there waiting for you when you get home. And then, if something happens to your phone on the trip, it's easy to upload the data to your new phone and you won't lose all your important stuff.

This is why I don't save anyone as "mom" or "bff" in my contacts. I use their first name ONLY and add irrelevant photos to their contact id of cats or llamas lol. Phone theft can happen anywhere and y'all better be keeping your important stuff on a flash drive in a secure location at home with another flash drive with just your emergency contact numbers and such hidden on your person, just in case you lose your phone at a party and need to call your savior to get help getting home or whatever lol.

Trust nobody but you at this stuff. Use data instead of public Wi-Fi and a "private browser" or proxy for any emergency internet usage if you absolutely have to use free WiFi somewhere.

STOP filling out the "about me" or "owner" page on your smartphones with your real names, addresses, etc. That can be hacked and retrieved very easily. Don't trust apps that aren't verified. Don't click links you don't trust. DO NOT "rename device" at all! The hackers in public wifi places can see who is using the service and your device should not be named "Marina's iPhone ♡" because that makes you and easy target. Leave the generic name for your phone as is. It's not that cute. Personalization isn't always safe for sexworkers in general.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Gen
This is why I don't save anyone as "mom" or "bff" in my contacts. I use their first name ONLY and add irrelevant photos to their contact id of cats or llamas lol. Phone theft can happen anywhere and y'all better be keeping your important stuff on a flash drive in a secure location at home with another flash drive with just your emergency contact numbers and such hidden on your person, just in case you lose your phone at a party and need to call your savior to get help getting home or whatever lol.

Trust nobody but you at this stuff. Use data instead of public Wi-Fi and a "private browser" or proxy for any emergency internet usage if you absolutely have to use free WiFi somewhere.

STOP filling out the "about me" or "owner" page on your smartphones with your real names, addresses, etc. That can be hacked and retrieved very easily. Don't trust apps that aren't verified. Don't click links you don't trust. DO NOT "rename device" at all! The hackers in public wifi places can see who is using the service and your device should not be named "Marina's iPhone ♡" because that makes you and easy target. Leave the generic name for your phone as is. It's not that cute. Personalization isn't always safe for sexworkers in general.
https://www.bestvpn.com/5-best-vpns-wifi-hotspots/

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarinaThyme
i have all names in mine. i also don't bring my phone with me when i would go to cons. i'm the kind of person that doesn't need to take photos of everything. if you want pics, bring a digital camera. you can still purchase small aim and shoot cameras.

STOP filling out the "about me" or "owner" page on your smartphones with your real names, addresses, etc.

I didn't even know that was a thing, whaaaaat.

This is why I don't save anyone as "mom" or "bff" in my contacts.

This can lead to some amusing situations. My sister's friends tried to go through her phone to find someone to get her out of jail, and they couldn't figure out who our parents were in her phone. It's understandable that you don't know that "Duffman" is Dad, but mom was in there as "Mothership" for crying out loud.

• Funny!
Status
Not open for further replies.