AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Your opinion?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all.

I just wanted to ask which features you enjoy most on OnlyFans? Also, what could be better (if anything)?

:)
Hello everyone.

We have joined the Ambercutie community to see how camgirls are responding to certain services and sites, as well as to help out with years worth of knowledge and experience where we can.

Happy new year everyone! :)
We would like some clarification on who/what you are first.

You use Onlyfans branding but I'm 99% sure you do not work for them, so what's your motive here?

Seems like their website FAQ has..
We are not OnlyFans, nor are we affiliated with them in any way, shape, or form. If you would like to join OnlyFans, then you would need to do so via their website.

But yah, their name, logo is so close to the original, it does seem confusing. Especially when they start asking questions about OnlyFans.

But yah, their name, logo is so close to the original, it does seem confusing. Especially when they start asking questions about OnlyFans.

they are totally infringing on onlyfans' copyright.

"If you don't request permission to use a logo similar to another company's, or your use doesn't fall under the fair use doctrine, you could expose yourself legally. If a court determines that you infringed upon someone else's mark, then you must refrain from using the questionable logo or else you may have to pay penalties or fines."

doubt onlyfans gave them permission nor did they ask for it.

they are totally infringing on onlyfans' copyright.

"If you don't request permission to use a logo similar to another company's, or your use doesn't fall under the fair use doctrine, you could expose yourself legally. If a court determines that you infringed upon someone else's mark, then you must refrain from using the questionable logo or else you may have to pay penalties or fines."

doubt onlyfans gave them permission nor did they ask for it.
It would actually be trademark infringement for creating confusion in the marketplace which is even more exciting. 🙂

It would actually be trademark infringement for creating confusion in the marketplace which is even more exciting. 🙂
Could be both! Most logos don't fit the criteria to be protected by copyright, but it's impossible to know for sure until there's a lawsuit involved. Have fun, OP!

...so it looks like its not a rip off site its a discovery tool for OF since OF doesn't have one. Pretty sure they cant use onlyfans branding the way they are tho..eek
That's correct. Free to use platform, one that will remain free. Essentially just a catalog to help OF content creators build their brand. The logo is custom made, text style, and icon is different.

• Funny!
Reactions: LylacDoll
We would like some clarification on who/what you are first.

You use Onlyfans branding but I'm 99% sure you do not work for them, so what's your motive here?
Clearly a lot of unanswered questions and concerns here. Maybe we should have been more transparent from the start. I do apologize.

Firstly, I would like to comment on the logo. Although it's not why we are here, it's clearly a touchy subject.

Trademark would not apply because to infringe a trademark, you need to "use" the mark, and "use" in trademark law generally means selling an item that has the mark on it. As far as trademark law is concerned, no sale means no infringement.

I want to point out that our service is FREE and will remain that way. I would also mention that both the text style and icon and the names are different. Lastly, being team OnlyFans, if they did approach us with concerns, we would make amendments to prevent upsetting them. We in no way pretend to act as if we are affiliated with OF.

---

Luckily, we are getting much better responses via other forums and social media. Considering we are designed for no reason other than to help people and gain nothing from promoting our "ripoff site", it seems very tough going here!

As for why we are here... OF doesn't offer any affiliate scheme to cater to these platforms, hence why no one is doing them. We support the industry and those in it; we run other profitable businesses within the industry. OnlyFans is a rapidly growing platform with hundreds of thousands of content creators on it. Sadly, many of those content creators don't know where to start, how to market, and so are unlikely to make living money on it.

With no competition, we can create a minimum budget platform that helps those content creators grow. It feels like an open gap, and it doesn't take much to fill it in. So why not help people while supporting the growth of OnlyFans?

---

"I just wanted to ask which features you enjoy most on OnlyFans? Also, what could be better (if anything)?"

That specific question was being asked for an article that we are working on.

---

Lastly, I would like to mention that we have a better platform going live in the coming weeks, which looks more attractive and offers several helpful features and services for content creators. The current platform was a temp solution only, just so that we could begin SEO.

I hope that cleared up all of your questions, and some of you get to make use of the Only Lineup :)

Reactions: DoD404
Considering we are designed for no reason other than to help people and gain nothing from promoting our "ripoff site", it seems very tough going here!
In our defense, you gave us no idea what your site actually was before you started asking questions yourself. :)

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Trademark would not apply because to infringe a trademark, you need to "use" the mark, and "use" in trademark law generally means selling an item that has the mark on it. As far as trademark law is concerned, no sale means no infringement.
not necessarily. https://www.uspto.gov/page/about-trademark-infringement

"In addition to claiming likelihood of confusion, a trademark owner may claim trademark "dilution," asserting that it owns a famous mark and the use of your mark diminishes the strength or value of the trademark owner's mark by "blurring" the mark's distinctiveness or "tarnishing" the mark's image by connecting it to something distasteful or objectionable-even if there is no likelihood of confusion."

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
Status
Not open for further replies.