AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Zombies for soldiers!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rose

Cam Model
V.I.P. AmberLander
Apr 10, 2011
Music City
blackxrose92.com
Twitter Username
@BlackxRose92
Tumblr Username
BlackxRose92
MFC Username
RosiePie
Streamate Username
BlackxxxRose
Clips4Sale URL
http://clips4sale.com/studio/54271/Rose-Black_s-Fetish-Store
A friend of mine just shared this link on facebook and I think it's pretty awesome. While I understand that the protests Westboro carries out are legal, I absolutely do not agree with it and think their actions are sickening. There's an appropriate time and place for public demonstrations but funerals just aren't an appropriate place no matter who the person was. A few years back there was a private funeral for several soldiers on my dad's team on the closed base near us. Westboro wasn't able to do anything at the funeral because they didn't have military ids to get on base, but they did protest outside the main gate (caused lots of backed up traffic, accidents and prevented people from getting home) and I remember tons of people being up in arms over it.

Anyways, enough of my high horse. I just wanted to share this link because these counter protestors are neat in my opinion.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...urch_n_1717142.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

Reactions: LadyLuna
Did you see that sign that said thank god for dead soldiers? How hateful/hurtful can you get? Maybe it's because I've had a really crappy day today, but this just pisses me off to no end. Even if you don't agree with war, those signs don't help anyone. I'm glad that there are people that are counter-protesting--I know that I would!

And @rose that just really sucks that people protest funerals. I personally don't agree with what's happening and with the war, but I would NEVER protest a soldier or a funeral.

I wish people would understand that soldiers don't create the war. Soldiers enlist to fight for our country. If they didn't enlist, we would still be drafting soldiers. And then where would we be?

Reactions: LadyLuna and Rose
AllisonWilder said:
I wish people would understand that soldiers don't create the war. Soldiers enlist to fight for our country. If they didn't enlist, we would still be drafting soldiers. And then where would we be?
I've had 2 grandfathers and 1 great grandfather that were drafted against their will so I agree that it's definitely not fair to put this on the soldiers. Not all of them are there by choice. My younger brother is enlisting in a few weeks (just graduated basic, AIT and some other acronyms) and not entirely by choice. His options were work at McDonalds for the rest of his life and go nowhere, or join the army, finish school and do something other than fast food/minimum wage. He chose the army because he wanted something better for himself. It just pisses me off when people do unfair shit like this to soldiers who are giving up their lives to protect everyone else's freedoms. :angry4: :evil: :-x

Reactions: LadyLuna
I totally understand that. There are so many options and doors open to you after enlisting. Even if you don't re-enlist after. I might not respect the war, but I certainly respect the soldiers that voluntarily enlist because they make it possible for me to continue living my life without worry that someone I know will be drafted and possibly killed.

I'm so glad I live in a place where the worst thing that happens is a few random protesters outside of Planned Parenthood otherwise I'd be right there with counter-protesters!

Reactions: LadyLuna and Rose
They are mostly in it for money.

I've pretty much read and watched every interview about the WBC since I first heard of them back in high school. They used to anger me, and I mean, they still do piss me off a little, but it's all about publicity so I try to ignore it. Even the KKK hates them.

They protest, someone attacks them, they sue. Being lawyers, they get a lot of money that way. I almost feel like these people are anti-Christianity and it's all just a big ploy in order to turn people against religion. It's too simple, in my opinion, to just believe their only motivation is actually religious conviction. Even if it is part of it, I think they are just people who want attention and money.

Either way, they spend way too much time listening to Lady Gaga to hate her as much as they say they do.

Also, if you call their church, the first options they have are "if you are part of the media, please press 1 and leave a message after the tone" last time I checked, then after that they have "if you are gay/lesbian", "if you are a jew", "if you are are -whatever-" then they go off on the same speech just with words changed a little.

Reactions: nancy_raygun
Status
Not open for further replies.