AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

countdowns

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TinaM

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Oct 1, 2012
I was wondering how everyone else does their countdowns. So far I've just been doing like a 300-350tkn countdown to get topless. I use smaller tips as incentive - like, 20tk for an ass flash or whatever and it counts towards the countdown.

Usually I'm able to reach my countdowns but sometimes it feels like it takes FOREVER.

What is everyone else' experience with countdowns? Any tips? I want to do a bigger countdown to shaving my pussy on camera or something like that, but I don't know how big is too big or what.

I think this particular subject would be better in the models only forum, personally. Might get better answers in there.

Just saying.

Reactions: 1 person
UncleThursday said:
I think this particular subject would be better in the models only forum, personally. Might get better answers in there.

Just saying.
Why are you "just saying?" Do you think countdowns are proprietary?

I think such decisions are better made by actual models.

UncleThursday said:

Just saying.

I agree.

You'll find this sort of thing discussed a lot in the Models Only threads. You'd want models to share with you the way that they do their countdowns, like X tokens until topless...x tokens until panties off...x tokens until cum show, etc. The Models Only section is where models are usually more comfortable sharing details and experiences about certain things, so you may get a better response over there.

You also want to be sure you're not listening to people who say "Do 50 tokens until naked." LOL. That's $2.50 for you to stay naked throughout your cam shift. I imagine you'd want to get more tokens than that to remain naked the entire shift. I think Tip for a flash is a great topic, and I use it too. :)

You can have 100 characters in your room topic, so use that to your advantage and put something else in there, in addition to your Tip for a flash message. Something like 500 tokens until topless (I used 500 as an example, cuz it's what I currently do), 100 tokens for a video, etc. Use up that space to give your viewers important info on raffles, contests, video offers, etc.

Reactions: UncleThursday
Oh, damn. Can a moderator move this to the models only or do I need to repost?

But, thank you for those who have responded already =) I wasn't sure if there was a standard token number that most models use for things like topless and nude or whatever, and if I was way off the mark or what.

Nordling said:
UncleThursday said:

Just saying.

Not proprietary, no. But, as fox said, models would probably be more comfortable discussing countdown tactics in a place where members can't critique them.

UncleThursday said:
Nordling said:
UncleThursday said:

Just saying.

Not proprietary, no. But, as fox said, models would probably be more comfortable discussing countdown tactics in a place where members can't critique them.
Very likely, I just think such advice would be better posted by other models.

augustineyork said:
Oh, damn. Can a moderator move this to the models only or do I need to repost?

But, thank you for those who have responded already =) I wasn't sure if there was a standard token number that most models use for things like topless and nude or whatever, and if I was way off the mark or what.

Amber can, she might not though.

As to the standard, there is none! Anything done in public is priced by the model herself. If you're finding you're not reaching your countdowns quickly, the suggestion is to either lower the prices if you're comfortable with that, or to focus more on groups/privates/content sells than on public shows.

When I was a new model, I was doing 300 tokens till naked, naked would last about 5-10 minutes. I would wear t-shirt, pants, bra, undies. t-shirt came off at 50, pants at 100, panties at 200 and bra at 300 (panties first because I was mostly showing waist-up. Otherwise, panties would've been last)

Poke around on MFC for a bit and get a feel for what girls near you in camscore are doing countdown-wise but also look at girls way above and below you. Also watch girls that have a camscore you want to have (say yours is 1000--I have no idea what yours is) so you'd watch girls that have a score of 1500-2000 to see what's attainable for them. If you want to keep moving up, you'll have to continue to slowly raise your tokens per hour and slowly raise your rates to adjust to your camscore.

Reactions: theguitarrist
I don't think this is necessarily a bad place to ask about countdowns. Maybe you're hoping to get some input from members (aka the people that make the countdowns move). Hehe. I usually set my topless countdown at 500. $25 to bust out the boobies seems more than fair to me. If it's taking too long, I'll knock a little off and yell about clearance bin boobs. Being topless brings more people to the room usually. More people hopefully means your next count moves faster.

Reactions: stu2 and Nordling
While the original post in this thread is long, there is info about countdowns.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=9365
I know what you're asking about specifically has been talked about a lot, but I just got up from a nap and I can't find any more resources.

This thread is also helpful I think just in terms of where your camscore stands:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=9885

AllisonWilder said:
Poke around on MFC for a bit and get a feel for what girls near you in camscore are doing countdown-wise but also look at girls way above and below you. Also watch girls that have a camscore you want to have (say yours is 1000--I have no idea what yours is) so you'd watch girls that have a score of 1500-2000 to see what's attainable for them. If you want to keep moving up, you'll have to continue to slowly raise your tokens per hour and slowly raise your rates to adjust to your camscore.
I think Allison's advice is great. Why I say this? Well, let me bore one minute before I tell you.

From a marketing perspective, there are four elements for your marketing mix: Price, Place, Promotion, Product. When you think what makes you unique (what defines Coca Cola, what defines a Ben&Jerry's ice cream), what differentiates you from the other models, certainly you have to think about a lot of things. Price is also something you can use to "build your brand".

Therefore, it should be a great idea to keep an eye on the amounts that models with your "target camscore", because that will allow you to balance what's feasible today and think about a trajectory to reach those amounts in the middle term.

Of course, I'm not a model, so it's just my personal opinion :twocents-02cents:

sort of on topic, but to give a perspective from the closest other adult entertainment. If you go to a topless bar the cover charge is going to be at least 20 bucks in my area. then you sort of have to buy a drink so that's another 5. 25 bucks to get topless on cam seems like a fair minimum rate, so the 500 tokens works to start. around here a "table dance" is never less than 10 extra, so make sure that your flash tip amounts are commensurate. say double the rate for full nudity on top of the base (1k) and its a decent starting value for someone new. you can get a loooot more than that once you have more viewers with some decent regulars though. around here an exotic dancer with good people skills never walks out the door with less than 250-300 bucks a night. and my area is topless only, no bottomless allowed. i cant see any reason why a cam model should expect less than that for a 6 hour shift once they get going good. the overhead for camming should be higher than for dancing what with high speed internet, power, supplies etc, so anything less than 100 per shift is sorta lame really.

First off, I wan to apologize to the OP for the following. It is more than just slightly off topic.

For those of you who know my style, you'll probably get it. For those that don't, just move on, I'm not trying to start a revolution. Sometimes I just can't help myself and have to respond.

Now that that's out of the way.........

I understand, I really do, that there is much about camming that some (or most, or all) models do not wish to discuss outside of the inner sanctum of the "models only" section of this forum. That is fine. In fact, it's great that you have this safe place (I'm assuming) in which to discuss such topics.

What amuses me is the instant taboo whenever someone asks a question in the public section of this forum. Heaven forbid, that the great unwashed (members, i.e. consumers) give their opinion. In the travesty of all travesties, maybe the model actually wanted member's opinions on a subject. Crazy?

It's as if somehow if a model actually answers the question in the public forum then we members will somehow be privy to highly sensitive, national-security type intel.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming. Carry on.

Rogue, I get what you're saying.

To counter it- every time I have ever talked about money on camera, my shift is doomed to be dead.
Every time I post on here about what I would put as a countdown, my next shift is doomed to be dead.

I forgot this rule, and was sitting with an empty room for 2 hours on streamate, with the only people offering to actually pay for anything wanting shit I don't do (no, I will not call you Daddy). I'm taking a break for "mental health" and getting back on camera shortly.

augustineyork said:
I was wondering how everyone else does their countdowns. So far I've just been doing like a 300-350tkn countdown to get topless. I use smaller tips as incentive - like, 20tk for an ass flash or whatever and it counts towards the countdown.

Usually I'm able to reach my countdowns but sometimes it feels like it takes FOREVER.

What is everyone else' experience with countdowns? Any tips? I want to do a bigger countdown to shaving my pussy on camera or something like that, but I don't know how big is too big or what.

If you are a new model 300-350 seems reasonable. If the ultimate goal is say 1500 for shaving. I had have a topic that say 300 for boobies, 1500 for shaving show. Then when you reach 300 switch topic. 800 for naked, 1500 for shaving show. Once you reach that than "1500 to see me shave my pussy, and add a new activity."

There are times as member when I didn't particularly care about seeing the current topic say boobies, but would come back later to tip for say shaving. If it was just boobies in the topic, I'd likely never come back.

Just curious how long is forever?

Reactions: AllisonWilder
HiGirlsRHot said:
If you are a new model 300-350 seems reasonable. If the ultimate goal is say 1500 for shaving. I had have a topic that say 300 for boobies, 1500 for shaving show. Then when you reach 300 switch topic. 800 for naked, 1500 for shaving show. Once you reach that than "1500 to see me shave my pussy, and add a new activity."

There are times as member when I didn't particularly care about seeing the current topic say boobies, but would come back later to tip for say shaving. If it was just boobies in the topic, I'd likely never come back.

Just curious how long is forever?

that would come off as shady... because when you think about it... the 1500 would be actually be 300 when you count down the 300 and 800 people tipped for boobs and pussy
if you remain the 1500 for the shave show after boobies and pussy.. i think it would be better to start with the total countdown: 2600
ooooor don't mention the shavingshow untill the naked countdown is reached.. thats what i do... ;)
:twocents-02cents:

HiGirlsRHot said:

Seriously? Never come back just because you don't care about the boobies countdown? I don't believe I've read anything more stupid. What kind of person doesn't think "maybe she'll do more once she's naked?"

Now, truth be told, I'm always nervy about saying anything past the current countdown, because if I don't reach the first one the other will never happen.

Also, question about your countdown method- are you saying that 300 for the boobies and then another 800 after that for the naked? Or is it 300 for the boobies, and another 500 (for a total of 800) for naked?

In which case, she should have a "currently at" counter. I had to start doing this cause guys would complain about how they only had to pay 100 last time to get me naked, and wouldn't believe me when I said it was because other people had already tipped the rest.

TashaDutch said:
that would come off as shady... because when you think about it... the 1500 would be actually be 300 when you count down the 300 and 800 people tipped for boobs and pussy
if you remain the 1500 for the shave show after boobies and pussy.. i think it would be better to start with the total countdown: 2600
ooooor don't mention the shavingshow untill the naked countdown is reached.. thats what i do... ;)

I meant it the way you described. 300/1500 than 500 naked/1200 shaving. finally 700 shaving. The important things is show the final goal and increase the amount required to hit the new level.

Seriously? Never come back just because you don't care about the boobies countdown? I don't believe I've read anything more stupid. What kind of person doesn't think "maybe she'll do more once she's naked?"

Never more stupid woot I am number 1. There are 1000-1500 models on MFC at a time. I have 4 favorites, and probably two dozen on my "friends" list. If I am surfing for new models you've got about 1 minute to make enough of impression that I'll put you on my check out later list. If I catch while you are clothed, you have to be really gorgeous, or really entertaining for me to add you to the list. Something that I like that is rather unusual like shaving, or naked trampolining is more likely to for me to put you on my list. Then simply having a topic that say "Boobies and flashes for tips."

Now if you happen to be a favorite, than I will happily tip for boobies otherwise no.

I understand why models would be hesitant to have multiple stages on their topic, just explaining how a model might make more money from this member.

Countdowns don't work for me. Games do. I do games to get naked and give prizes such as content. Only bad thing about games, is that once you play everyday, you can never go back. The countdowns become boring to your members. They are use to the games. But I like games, too, so it's all good. :thumbleft:

HiGirlsRHot said:
TashaDutch said:

I meant it the way you described. 300/1500 than 500 naked/1200 shaving. finally 700 shaving. The important things is show the final goal and increase the amount required to hit the new level.

We get 100 characters for a topic. If I hit 100 characters trying to explain my entire day worth of planned shows I can't promote games, pic sets or videos.

Sometimes I go into a shift wanting to do one thing, but change my mind during the naked countdown and want to do something else. If I plan out my entire shift in my topic, I don't have the freedom to change my mind anymore.

PlayboyMegan said:
Countdowns don't work for me. Games do. I do games to get naked and give prizes such as content. Only bad thing about games, is that once you play everyday, you can never go back. The countdowns become boring to your members. They are use to the games. But I like games, too, so it's all good. :thumbleft:

And that is why you are one my favorites because the games are fun and I'm getting something beyond what the freeloaders get.

Of course being ridiculously beautiful and dishing out a heap load of shit to deserving idiots helps a lot too. :-D

HiGirlsRHot said:
Something that I like that is rather unusual like shaving, or naked trampolining is more likely to for me to put you on my list. Then simply having a topic that say "Boobies and flashes for tips."

Now if you happen to be a favorite, than I will happily tip for boobies otherwise no.

I understand why models would be hesitant to have multiple stages on their topic, just explaining how a model might make more money from this member.

I prefer to take baby steps. Rather than just putting '1,000 tokens til naked', I've been putting '500 tokens til topless'. This way, for the guys who like to bitch that 1,000 tokens is "a lot" or will "take too long," to just say '500 tokens til topless' sounds more achievable. Yeah, you'd still have to come up with the 1,000 tokens for nakedness, but at least you know that getting halfway there will result in HALF nakedness.

And like Allison said earlier, we only get enough room for 100 characters in our room topics. If we have raffles/contests/videos, etc. we're advertising in our topics, we don't have much space left to be saying "__ tokens til topless. __ tokens til naked. __ tokens til oil show. __ tokens til shower show, etc." I've used up about 100 characters just posting that.

HiGirlsRHot said:
LadyLuna said:

Never more stupid woot I am number 1. There are 1000-1500 models on MFC at a time. I have 4 favorites, and probably two dozen on my "friends" list. If I am surfing for new models you've got about 1 minute to make enough of impression that I'll put you on my check out later list. If I catch while you are clothed, you have to be really gorgeous, or really entertaining for me to add you to the list. Something that I like that is rather unusual like shaving, or naked trampolining is more likely to for me to put you on my list. Then simply having a topic that say "Boobies and flashes for tips."

So, that's to get on the list to be checked out later, but not having it doesn't get us hidden, right? So there's always that chance we might catch your eye on a later day?

PlayboyMegan said:

Oh, that explains it then... I introduced my first game into my room, and forever after guys were wanting me to play games instead of countdowns.

you know, with that new link distribution site, I could do 5 prize-packs (zip files with some vids and some pictures), or maybe a few more, to offer up with the games. ooo ideas...

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
PlayboyMegan said:

You know if nothing else works, Yellow walls! I do think that the games give the guys the hope to win a video or picture set from you. Before I understood the games, I brought every pic set from you the first night. It just made sense to me that every guy in your chat room would buy everything on your profile page. I was def shocked when that didn't happen.

MegansDude said:
PlayboyMegan said:

You know if nothing else works, Yellow walls! I do think that the games give the guys the hope to win a video or picture set from you. Before I understood the games, I brought every pic set from you the first night. It just made sense to me that every guy in your chat room would buy everything on your profile page. I was def shocked when that didn't happen.
I don't understand how yellow walls are a solution to getting countdowns done? "If you can't get tips, just make them tip a yellow wall." But I'm sure I'm misunderstanding you. Games are definitely a lot more fun on the viewer's side and it's something to do instead of just sitting about waiting for a show to happen.

PlayboyMegan said:
Countdowns don't work for me. Games do. I do games to get naked and give prizes such as content. Only bad thing about games, is that once you play everyday, you can never go back. The countdowns become boring to your members. They are use to the games. But I like games, too, so it's all good.

Games can work, but the games have to have offers beyond just getting the model nakie.

For instance, Megan likes to do the "spell Megan" game. Winner gets X videos (X might change, last time I played it was 4-- And I won :p ). There's also other prizes, like photo sets (professional and non-professional), fan signs, etc. So there's a chance of winning something else if you don't win the main prize. Also, she gets nakie at the end of the game. :lol: She also does others, like Ban a Basic.

EmmyLove just bought a new spinning game wheel, so she might have some fun games coming up, too.

Just remember, though, games that are just like "clear the board to (naked, cum show, etc.)" don't always work. The same with the "tip consecutively" games. Those types may work every now and then, but they get boring to members fairly fast.

But, at the same time, games won't always work. For instance, for Megan's Megathon a few weeks back, I ended up being the only person playing for well over an hour. Granted it was early in the day, and it's how I won, but I did end up clearing 3/4 of the board by myself. :p So games might work, but they won't always be able to. It's good to have options, though.

Evvie said:
MegansDude said:
PlayboyMegan said:

I don't understand how yellow walls are a solution to getting countdowns done? "If you can't get tips, just make them tip a yellow wall." But I'm sure I'm misunderstanding you. Games are definitely a lot more fun on the viewer's side and it's something to do instead of just sitting about waiting for a show to happen.

Yellow walls can be part of a solution if the countdown is down to 300 or 400 and the room is quiet. Its better if a member is encouraging the other members to help the model get the countdown done. I may do a series of 5 or 10 tokens and then someone else jumps in. Before you know it, I've seen 50, 100 or 150 appear and the countdown is over. Games are a lot more fun though if the tippers are actively involved.

MegansDude said:
Yellow walls can be part of a solution if the countdown is down to 300 or 400 and the room is quiet. Its better if a member is encouraging the other members to help the model get the countdown done. I may do a series of 5 or 10 tokens and then someone else jumps in. Before you know it, I've seen 50, 100 or 150 appear and the countdown is over. Games are a lot more fun though if the tippers are actively involved.
That just goes to show the varying opinions out there. If this works for you, great. Nothing irritates me more than members telling the room to tip, including spamming those giant "yellow wall" emotes.

MegansDude said:
I may do a series of 5 or 10 tokens
If you mean encouraging by "leading by example", I agree. I'll do that myself on occasion ;)

schlmoe said:
MegansDude said:
I may do a series of 5 or 10 tokens
If you mean encouraging by "leading by example", I agree. I'll do that myself on occasion ;)
Yeah, it's helpful to lead by example! And even better if the model subtly suggests that others joining in on it will get to the show faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.