AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC: About Ratings and Admirers

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 2, 2012
Hello all,

I am new to MFC and I have a few technical questions about the site.

I have rated and admired models by clicking on the appropriate links, but upon refreshing their profiles, the numbers do not increase. The total votes used to get the average rating, and the number of admirers, do not increase.

Is this working as intended, or do I need to fix something? Because I want to help some models by increasing their camscore through rating, but I'm not sure if my rates are even saved by the site.

i'm not sure if you're getting a glitch, but camscore is not helped by rating or admiring. This is a common myth :)

So don't worry too much about it. The only thing you can do to help a model raise her camscore is cold hard tokens :)

Thank you for your reply.

However, the glitch could be due to an underlying problem that may also be causing other problems.

So if anyone has experienced my problem, and has discovered how to fix it, please share. Thanks.

nervous101 said:
Thank you for your reply.

However, the glitch could be due to an underlying problem that may also be causing other problems.

So if anyone has experienced my problem, and has discovered how to fix it, please share. Thanks.
Nervous, because rates and admires are a dead system, there is no need for them to update automatically. Camscore updates several times a day, not immediately - perhaps rates and admires update after several hours as well. Or is it possible that you've voted for one model so often or in such a short period that it no longer records your votes?

We all know that MFC is a nifty site, but often prone to technical errors. Even if there was a glitch causing this, I feel it will never be a priority for MFC to fix it (again, because rates and admires are just a remnant that haven't been thrown out yet).

And yet somehow models do have varying ratings and admirers, despite it looking like a glitch.

But glad to see that it is somewhat working as intended and there is nothing wrong from my end. Thanks for your replies.

nervous101 said:
And yet somehow models do have varying ratings and admirers, despite it looking like a glitch.

But glad to see that it is somewhat working as intended and there is nothing wrong from my end. Thanks for your replies.

You know you can only do admire once per account right? The stars stay were you set them, but can be set to a new amount if you change your mind.

Shaun__ said:
nervous101 said:

You know you can only do admire once per account right? The stars stay were you set them, but can be set to a new amount if you change your mind.

I'm not sure how it works because I can keep admiring and admiring, thus giving the impression that my admire clicks do not go through.

As for the stars, this is interesting, because they remain unfilled if I refresh the profile.

nervous101 said:
Shaun__ said:
nervous101 said:

I'm not sure how it works because I can keep admiring and admiring, thus giving the impression that my admire clicks do not go through.

As for the stars, this is interesting, because they remain unfilled if I refresh the profile.

Admires are stored in your profile, and they can only be done once. If you decide to retract an admire for someone you have to retract it in your profile settings. The only reason you think you can five star more than once is because you can change your rating as you desire. You can click on those things all you want, but you are wasting your time.

Shaun__ said:
nervous101 said:

^^ This.

You can *change* the star vote you give a girl, but can't add to the total votes, and you can only admire once.

You can retract an 'admire'?? Has anyone ever actually done this???

"Hey, bb. So, I've been thinking... I like you a lot. I already spend all my spare time in your room and I treat you well, right? I tip you and I make you happy, right? Soooooo... what say we take this shit to the next level and get married in Vegas?"
"Nah"
"Right, fuck you. I'm out of this relationship. Gone. No more tokens for you, bb. Oh... and that 'admire' I gave you when we first met? I'M TAKING IT WITH ME, YOU BITCH!"

mynameisbob84 said:

LOL. Yeah, I thought that's pretty funny too. I think I've retracted one or two admires for people who pissed me off that I ended up banning them. Not that any of that stuff (ratings and admires) makes a difference. It's about as pointless as Charles Barkley owning a hair comb.

mynameisbob84 said:

"Hey, bb. So, I've been thinking... I like you a lot. I already spend all my spare time in your room and I treat you well, right? I tip you and I make you happy, right? Soooooo... what say we take this shit to the next level and get married in Vegas?"
"Nah"
"Right, fuck you. I'm out of this relationship. Gone. No more tokens for you, bb. Oh... and that 'admire' I gave you when we first met? I'M TAKING IT WITH ME, YOU BITCH!"

I have done it before. Sometimes models are less worthy of admiring than you originally thought they were. Nobody knows or cares who I admire, but I like my admires to be honests.

Has any premium or model in the history of premiums and models ever cared about the rating or the number of admirers that a model has?... :think:
Who judges a model based on stars or admirers?

I mean, you can't even properly SEE them. You can see the admirers if you go to a model's profile and scroll down really far. There you've got a number. Big whoop.
And you can't see the average rating. With the vast majority of models, there are just 5 yellow stars and you have no idea what the average rating actually is, unless you happen to go to her camscorestats.com profile, which is outside of MFC.

So what is the purpose of the rate/admire system? If it doesn't affect camscore.

CharlieSays said:
So what is the purpose of the rate/admire system? If it doesn't affect camscore.
Whoever they paid to code the profiles may have just added it because everything on the Internet has a rating system these days. Or in the past it may have had an actual purpose. At this point the only thing it does is to serve for freeloaders to say "do this in public chat and you'll get 5 stars from me"

CharlieSays said:
A pat on the back?

CharlieSays said:

I think MFC originally planned for profiles and the rate/admire system to have some affect on camscores or a 2nd rating system. It is good they decided not to use it that way since it would be very easy to manipulate.

Reactions: CharlieSays
I've always thought it more of a way to promote a model, with no direct effects. If you view a profile and the model has a one star rating, it probably would deter one from going in her room more than a five star rating.

Although that may be an argument to discontinue having it at all, since too often people use the rating to gain "revenge" after they've misbehaved and been banned.

I figured I'd rather necropost a thread on this topic than make a new one for a simple silly question:

Can I see who has admired me? I know I can see who I have admired, but I've gotten a few admires on my own profile lately, and I'm curious.

zippypinhead said:
I figured I'd rather necropost a thread on this topic than make a new one for a simple silly question:

Can I see who has admired me? I know I can see who I have admired, but I've gotten a few admires on my own profile lately, and I'm curious.
As far as I know, no. But I've been wrong so many times...lol.

Nordling said:
If you view a profile and the model has a one star rating, it probably would deter one from going in her room more than a five star rating.

I enjoy looking at member ratings, especially when someone acts like a real asshole. Funny how many of them have averages in the 1-to-2 range with a ton of ratings. :p

Reactions: LuckySmiles
Nordling said:
Although that may be an argument to discontinue having it at all, since too often people use the rating to gain "revenge" after they've misbehaved and been banned.

this is very true. Anytime you look up reviews on anything products, or restaurants for example... people are much more likely to review something they've had a negative experience with. Positive things can often get far less ratings in any direction... people just return! as their gratitude.

wjr3 said:
I enjoy looking at member ratings, especially when someone acts like a real asshole. Funny how many of them have averages in the 1-to-2 range with a ton of ratings. :p

and I do this all the time... while I can say I don't think I've ever even rated a member... if I'm on the fence and can't really tell if someone's bein mean or awkward... I will check their rating so I can have a better sense.

wjr3 said:
Nordling said:
If you view a profile and the model has a one star rating, it probably would deter one from going in her room more than a five star rating.

You will enjoy mine then (2 star rating with about 80 ratings so far.) :thumbleft:

Reactions: emptiedglass
Status
Not open for further replies.