AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to remove a recorded video from Streamate?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2012
I noticed on my friend's (model's) account, that there appeared a recorded video. She, however, said that she didn't upload it or record or whatever and she wants to remove it from streamate (listed under "my videos", when looked from my point of view). She cannot find it, though. How to remove it and is that even possible? Would like step by step instructions, if possible.

If not, then how to delete the whole ID itself? Also would like step by step instructions, so that it would be simple to explain.

gabrielrocket said:
I noticed on my friend's (model's) account, that there appeared a recorded video. She, however, said that she didn't upload it or record or whatever and she wants to remove it from streamate (listed under "my videos", when looked from my point of view). She cannot find it, though. How to remove it and is that even possible? Would like step by step instructions, if possible.

If not, then how to delete the whole ID itself? Also would like step by step instructions, so that it would be simple to explain.

You can't delete it. Streamate records videos and sells them in that 'My Videos' tab. None of the profit for this goes to the model. I think it's in the model contract, too.

If by deleting the whole ID you mean deleting the account then your friend just has to email support and ask them to cancel her account.

I think though that even with a terminated account any videos remain the sole property of Streamate and can still be sold if they so desire.

I once asked Streamate why some girls don't have any video, despite having privates shows almost every day, and they said that those girls chose not to have their shows recorded. They didn't say anything about sessions that were recorded and already available for sale. But what Allison said is what I believe happens. Once recorded, you can't delete. It is probably mentioned in the contract.

Thanks a lot Allison for the reply. That made me understand all this a lot more.

What exactly do you mean, Mycamgirl? It's possible somewhere to select that your shows would not be recorded? If so, how to do that? She'd like to prevent that in the future, if possible...

gabrielrocket said:
What exactly do you mean, Mycamgirl? It's possible somewhere to select that your shows would not be recorded? If so, how to do that? She'd like to prevent that in the future, if possible...
I just know what Streamate told me, as member, not camgirl. You can confirm this by visiting hundreds of Streamate girls that are online every day but they have no video in their galleries. Your friend should contact Streamate about this. If she is going to get a new account (I don't know if this is possible), she should talk to Streamate about opting out the auto-record before logging for the first time on the new account.

Don't forget to come back here and post some updates on what your friend managed to do. It might help other girls ;)

I read somewhere that SM doesn't record and add (to your profile) exclusives as frequently as they do premiums. I'm not sure if that's true or not.

And even when they do upload the video, isn't it usually about 30 seconds max? When I was logged into my member account one day, I noticed that one of the top models had a 30 second vid on her profile in the 'My Videos' section.

AllisonWilder said:
gabrielrocket said:

You can't delete it. Streamate records videos and sells them in that 'My Videos' tab. None of the profit for this goes to the model. I think it's in the model contract, too.

If by deleting the whole ID you mean deleting the account then your friend just has to email support and ask them to cancel her account.

I think though that even with a terminated account any videos remain the sole property of Streamate and can still be sold if they so desire.

interesting.....sorry to take this off topic, but does anyone know if this arrangment is the same at cam.com?

bob said:
AllisonWilder said:
gabrielrocket said:

interesting.....sorry to take this off topic, but does anyone know if this arrangment is the same at cam.com?
Cam.com, cammodels.com, streamate.com, partychat.com, and all other websites owned by them are identical. If you go to all those websites, you will see only the theme colors are different - all the models are the same. We all work through the parent company, and we all sign the same contract.

bob said:
AllisonWilder said:
gabrielrocket said:

Edit: I just said basically the same thing as Evvie. Nothing to see here. :whistle:

Reactions: bob
The_Brown_Fox said:
I read somewhere that SM doesn't record and add (to your profile) exclusives as frequently as they do premiums. I'm not sure if that's true or not.

And even when they do upload the video, isn't it usually about 30 seconds max? When I was logged into my member account one day, I noticed that one of the top models had a 30 second vid on her profile in the 'My Videos' section.

That seems like a violation of the model's and member's privacy. I would hate someone else seeing one of my true privates. That is why I opt out of having pictures taken of my true privates to make sure they never end up in the random gallery.

Shaun__ said:
The_Brown_Fox said:

That seems like a violation of the model's and member's privacy. I would hate someone else seeing one of my true privates. That is why I opt out of having pictures taken of my true privates to make sure they never end up in the random gallery.
I'm not sure how it is a violation of the member's privacy if the member's name is not shown and it's only the model on camera. And, if you read the TOS, they straight up tell you that all shows may be recorded:
PRIVATE COMMUNICATIONS

Collection and Storage. The CamModels computer system does record and retain all chat room communications. However, to keep copies of any communications, you should store them on your personal computer hard drive or in print form. You agree that CamModels may employ email virus-checking technology to protect its system and its members from viruses.

Chatroom communications includes video feed. If you're going to hand over your credit card information to a website, it might be beneficial to read the legal info.

It isn't a violation of the model's privacy, because she should know that the shows are not, in fact private. If a model is working on Streamate and she doesn't know that her shows may be recorded and sold, she shouldn't be working there. I'm in a bit of a bitchy mood, but I'm started to get tired of models who sign up on cam sites without reading their contract and then get upset when they realized what they agreed to.

When you sign up on these sites, you give them photocopies of your driver's license, passport, your social security number, your bank information, your home address, and your full legal name. Why in the love of God would any woman fork that information over and not bother to find out what they're going to do with it? Why would any woman agree to perform sexual acts on the Internet, and not bother to find out what the website is going to do with it?

Evvie said:
Shaun__ said:
The_Brown_Fox said:

I'm not sure how it is a violation of the member's privacy if the member's name is not shown and it's only the model on camera. And, if you read the TOS, they straight up tell you that all shows may be recorded:
PRIVATE COMMUNICATIONS

Collection and Storage. The CamModels computer system does record and retain all chat room communications. However, to keep copies of any communications, you should store them on your personal computer hard drive or in print form. You agree that CamModels may employ email virus-checking technology to protect its system and its members from viruses.

Chatroom communications includes video feed. If you're going to hand over your credit card information to a website, it might be beneficial to read the legal info.

It isn't a violation of the model's privacy, because she should know that the shows are not, in fact private. If a model is working on Streamate and she doesn't know that her shows may be recorded and sold, she shouldn't be working there. I'm in a bit of a bitchy mood, but I'm started to get tired of models who sign up on cam sites without reading their contract and then get upset when they realized what they agreed to.

When you sign up on these sites, you give them photocopies of your driver's license, passport, your social security number, your bank information, your home address, and your full legal name. Why in the love of God would any woman fork that information over and not bother to find out what they're going to do with it? Why would any woman agree to perform sexual acts on the Internet, and not bother to find out what the website is going to do with it?

I assume the videos have audio, and I often talk with the model about stuff if we are friends. I would not want to share that with strangers.

Shaun__ said:
Evvie said:
Shaun__ said:
The_Brown_Fox said:

PRIVATE COMMUNICATIONS

I assume the videos have audio, and I often talk with the model about stuff if we are friends. I would not want to share that with strangers.
You use cam2cam audio? I admire your ability to not get horrid feedback. It never works for me.

As far as we know, site admin hand-picks videos to sell. I feel they are more likely to sell very sexual shows over personal chatty shows. But either way, there's not much you can do about it. After all, shows on SM are called "premium" and "exclusive"; none of them claim to be "private".

Reactions: LadyLuna
Evvie said:
You use cam2cam audio? I admire your ability to not get horrid feedback. It never works for me.

As far as we know, site admin hand-picks videos to sell. I feel they are more likely to sell very sexual shows over personal chatty shows. But either way, there's not much you can do about it. After all, shows on SM are called "premium" and "exclusive"; none of them claim to be "private".

No, I only use audio in Skype meaning the conversation would be one sided. Having my cam on can make my browser unstable, because flash kinda sucks. If you want to avoid feedback one person needs to use headphones, it prevents feedback loops from ever starting. I am not dissing the site though, I am just saying what they do makes me uncomfortable.

Shaun__ said:
Evvie said:

No, I only use audio in Skype meaning the conversation would be one sided. Having my cam on can make my browser unstable, because flash kinda sucks. If you want to avoid feedback one person needs to use headphones, it prevents feedback loops from ever starting. I am not dissing the site though, I am just saying what they do makes me uncomfortable.
Hmm. I'm just curious as to what you mean here; are you saying you just type to her?

Evvie said:
Hmm. I'm just curious as to what you mean here; are you saying you just type to her?

I type, and she verbally responds. The person listening would only hear her side, but I often know things that other people do not. We would end up both having to type back and forth. Some conversations are not meant for public consumption.

Shaun__ said:
Evvie said:

I type, and she verbally responds. The person listening would only hear her side, but I often know things that other people do not. We would end up both having to type back and forth. Some conversations are not meant for public consumption.

Judging by the videos I've seen on models profiles AND how well Streamate protects it's workers (I'm assuming you mean that you talk about personal things in relation to the model), I highly doubt one of your conversations would end up being used in the way you're paranoid about. ALL the videos I've seen were of actual "shows" (penetration or at the very least stripping).

Shaun__ said:
Evvie said:

Ahh, I see. I thought your issue was that your voice would be captured on the recorded videos.

Perhaps you could do Skype shows after tipping the appropriate exclusive rate gold to her account?

Evvie said:

As long as one side has headphones, like Shaun said, there will be no feedback.

When I do c2c audio, I always have my USB headset on for the mic and the audio.

EDIT: It can be a little annoying seeing how much lag there is, though, when you hear your own voice come back. Skype is better for this than flash cams, though.

Re: Skype

Streamate is strict about models not having contact with members outside of the site, so be sure the conversation about Skype isn't happening in her chat. If you're trying to get a SM model to chat with you on Skype, it would be a good idea to communicate about it strictly through Twitter, if you happen to know her Twitter name, or if she cleverly drops hints in her room about how to "follow her." I'm afraid to even mention the word 'Skype' in private messages too. When I was new on SM I got a suspension (3 days, I think) for flashing below the waist for GOLD in public chat. A popular model I know on there got suspended for patting her dog on the head when he walked over to her. Just trying to give you an idea of how SM doesn't mess around when it comes to their rules.

Evvie said:

I totally agree with you on this, and would take it a step further. DO RESEARCH! Streamate doesn't tell you in the contract about the fact that you're streaming through at least a hundred other sites at the same time. And they don't tell you in the contract that they'll randomly put things in your profile based on things you've said in chat (one person said that my profile said I'm in Boston and that I'm a teacher... I was like wtf? I don't have a city or even a state listed, and I am certainly not a teacher!) whether or not it's true. They also don't tell you that hte popup adds will pretend to be you while chatting with them, so they'll come in all "Alright, I'm here like you told me" and you have to be all "I've never talked to you before. I'm sorry about that." This was *not* revealed to me by streamate, I found out from the members. Streamate won't even give me a list of the different sites I'm streaming on.

Status
Not open for further replies.