AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Yellow Wall Etiquette?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

If you are tipping a model during a yellow wall, which response do you like most?

• Thank every single tip

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Thank every tipper (multiple times but spaced out)

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • General thanks "Thank you to all of my tippers!" every minute or so

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • General thanks only at the end of yellow wall

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • Other (Explain below)

Votes: 8 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TacoBelle

Cam Model
Apr 29, 2012
I always want to make my tippers feel appreciated, but I never know how to approach a yellow-wall situation. So members, if you are tipping 10 tokens or less per tip to join in a wall, how would you like the model to thank you? Models, feel free to answer as well, but only think of if YOU are the viewer, NOT the model.

NOTE: I am NOT referring to when a model is getting tipped during a cumshow. Obviously, we all want her to keep doing her thing. I just mean during slow, fun times.

I picked "General thanks only at the end of yellow wall" but I dont mind when its done. No need to thank for every tip, to me, the whole point of a yellow wall is to get the model smiling and excited, not to be thanked every five seconds lol.

Generally the best I've seen is adjustable based on the tips - but it all depends upon the frequency/sizes/duration and variation in tippers! If they're coming in thick and fast (every second), once every 5-10 seconds for the first couple of thanks and then once every 10-20 seconds after that. If it's slower, a lot slower, then one per tip?

But if they're tiny tips (1 token) instead of big (100+) then adjust frequency as you feel comfortable.

To give an indication - tipped all sorts but cannot for the life of me remember thinking "too many" or "too few" with regards to the thanks for said tips - which would mean it was just whatever seemed best/natural to the model given the frequency/size/variation of tippers.

In other words, taking part in a wall is less has nothing to do with thanks :D As long as there is some acknowledgement its nice, but the idea is to get them out as thick and fast as possible whilst having fun. If you sit there without expression and a monotone thanks every 5 seconds, then something is drastically wrong :D :D :D
If its lots of fun and entertaining, then a thanks at the start and end is more than enough :p

I just say thank you every once in a while (probably too often) and make sure to say "Thank you Username" when a new person joins in.

Though I got a HUGE (five digit huge) tip once because the guy wanted to see if I would say thank you after every 1 token tip.. ANNND I did (he tipped over 500 1 token tips) and then dropped a huge bomb on me.

You never know, sometimes being overly thankful works out for you.

For me, it depends on the model's reactions...

Normally, I'd want either a thanks to each tipper as they join, or a general "thank you so much" every once in awhile.

BUT, if the model is so excited she can't think straight (as happened to me when I got my one and only yellow wall), well, whatever thanks she manages to squeeze past her excitement is good enough. (I seriously don't remember anything after the first couple "thank yous" other than "oh my god, oh my god, thank you, oh my god, I've never... holy shit thank you!")

Once again, Thank you Kitty Kult!

I don't like the whole yellow wall thing because it's virtually impossible for some guy to break it either accidentally or not, the emotes beforehand are a tool for freeloaders to look 'useful' while contributing nothing and the few who tip would have tipped anyway.
Token Rain > Yellow Wall. Token rain = yellow wall without the stupid rules or freeloaders trying to jump onboard.

Reactions: LadyLuna
I think yellow walls excite me more that large tip bombs sometimes lol. I tend to say thank you a few times throughout and when there is a new contributor to the wall... basically what Lacie said. Can't help but get giddy over it.

Thank as many times as you want but refrain from typing in chat until the wall is stopped... I've seen more than a few guys stop tipping because they are trying to make a solid yellow wall for the model and either the model breaks it with some silly kiss emote or other members keep chatting and the guy cant seem to get more than 3-4 consecutive tips.....

SoTxBob said:
Thank as many times as you want but refrain from typing in chat until the wall is stopped... I've seen more than a few guys stop tipping because they are trying to make a solid yellow wall for the model and either the model breaks it with some silly kiss emote or other members keep chatting and the guy cant seem to get more than 3-4 consecutive tips.....
Totally. The worst case in my experience was when the model asked for a yellow wall, and I started one, and before it was 3/4 complete, some guy took her private. lol

I selected other, because I'm fine if she thanks every so often or at the end or when new tippers join in (in some cases, yellow walls are by a one or a select few tippers).

As long as she shows some sort of appreciation, I'm good. If the tips are coming in really fast, it's fairly impossible for her to keep up with all of them. But as long as the tips get shown some appreciation in some way, I'm fine. :)

SoTxBob said:

Before I started making my little yellow walls whatever color ninja tips are, some asshole always had to say something stupid, like combo breaker, when I would try to make a wall. It would always be someone who never even tips too.

A general thanks is fine with me. If I get skipped over in a yellow wall its not a big deal to me, it must be hard to keep all the names straight. Alto Iris I do like your approach of running around in circles yelling, telling us we're crazy, and to stop tipping. :p

Shaun__ said:
I like to get a genuine smile.
For me this is always better than the words "thank you". I don't expect a personalized TY when I contribute to a yellow wall, especially if there are a lot of tippers.

Being pretty token limited, I am always looking for ways to make not so many tokens make some kind of difference. One of the ways I have found to do this, is to build a tiny solo wall. The difference just 100 tokens can make in the spirit of a tipless room, and the Model, is so very worth it. I might send the first 10, with a note, saying something very cheesy & lame, like,'this is the foundation for a pretty flimsy wall' or maybe, ' wish I could build you a proper wall, but a tall curb will have to do' then I rappid fire the 90 tokens in 5 token tips as fast as I can. It is only a five dollar lick for the Model, but when played right, it means so much more than the money, and you see it in the smile...

It's these smiles that I live for at MFC, and can really make my day right, or turn it around

Is there some sort of thread that defines basic MFC terms? I have sort of deduced what a yellow wall must be, but what is token rain? And what do you mean that there are rules for a yellow wall? I'm pretty sure I saw something like that happen once in a model's room, but it seemed pretty spontaneous to me. Certainly, there wasn't any kind of organization beforehand. Someone tipped a couple of times in a row and the model said "oh it looks like XXX is starting a wall" and then boom! Tons of people joined in.

I think as long as the model is generally appreciative, it doesn't matter. Yellow walls are usually group things that are meant to be fun and to make the model feel good. The point isn't to make her nervous that she might miss thanking one or two in the scroll. Of course it's fine to thank everyone individually if you can, but the tippers should understand that it's nothing personal if their names get missed when pages of tips scroll by in just a few minutes.

RylieBradford said:
Is there some sort of thread that defines basic MFC terms? I have sort of deduced what a yellow wall must be, but what is token rain? And what do you mean that there are rules for a yellow wall? I'm pretty sure I saw something like that happen once in a model's room, but it seemed pretty spontaneous to me. Certainly, there wasn't any kind of organization beforehand. Someone tipped a couple of times in a row and the model said "oh it looks like XXX is starting a wall" and then boom! Tons of people joined in.
Dude, save this post special, so you can come back to it in 6 months, and get as much enjoyment out of it, as I just did. :lol:

Seriously, You have it basically figured out, but it can also be organized too. No one place to go for rules that I know, (but that's no guarantee), not really as formal as "rules" might suggest. If you have any questions that bug you too much, feel free to PM me. I might not have the all the answers, but I don't have a problem saying so. ;)

"Making it rain"

-one person tips a bunch, but doesn't mind if other people talk between the tips. Other people might join in, but it's not as standard for that to happen.

"Yellow Wall"

-attempting to fill the model's screen with yellow tips and nothing else, and to keep it going for at least a few minutes that way. Usually a group effort.

Some people get upset if the wall is mostly 5 token tips and some random dude tips 1 or 10 or 50 in the middle of it.

It would seem the new chat /tip feature works really well for getting a big wall completed really quickly.

To learn about it type /help in the chatroom.

AmberCutie said:
It would seem the new chat /tip feature works really well for getting a big wall completed really quickly.

Yes it makes people go crazy!

AmberCutie said:

It does work well, and some guys have written scripts to tip repeatedly very quickly. Nothing wrong with this, although for me, it seems more fun if it's just a bit slower, and the model gets to bathe in it for a few minutes rather than having it all land in the space of a few seconds.

Reactions: TacoBelle
TheFluffsta said:
AmberCutie said:

Yes it makes people go crazy!

I was planning on commenting on this all the while reading these posts only to see i've been beaten to the punch.
So I'll just add. Yes, it does. :lol: But there does seem to be a major lag to it. I've got it set up to paste the command in using a mouse button, then I can just hit enter and repeat that. When I'm done I can be typing in the room and the mfc buffer is still tipping more than a minute later. In other words we can now tell it to tip WAY faster than it can process them. One room I was in everyone was tipping that way. I joined in with 20 tokens and it took four minutes to see my tip on screen.
And as for the original question, the new tip feature may make it impossible to say thanks for every one. Now that I can drop 200 one tokens tips in 11 seconds let's be honest Iris; you couldn't keep up with the yellow walls done that way now. :auto-dirtbike:

And in my mind I'm picturing Iris giving me a dirty look saying 'You just watch me Butt!' :sign5:

HarmlessSquirrel said:
AmberCutie said:

It does work well, and some guys have written scripts to tip repeatedly very quickly. Nothing wrong with this, although for me, it seems more fun if it's just a bit slower, and the model gets to bathe in it for a few minutes rather than having it all land in the space of a few seconds.

If you have a 5 or 7 button mouse (or some other gaming mouse) you can assign the extra buttons to do commands. Mine are set to copy and paste commands since I use that the most in every program. So I just copy the /tip 1 text and paste it back in, hit enter and repeat that. Two clicks is all, and it can get 50 tokens out before the first one even hits the screen. No script required, very easy.

I copy/paste the tip in, hold the control key then hit enter then V and keep repeating as fast as I can. :twocents-02cents:

I tried it out and it was still too slow to block out the non-tipping people from talking.

CAKTSmv.jpg

I had a yellow wall incident on Saturday that I have never experienced before and I would like feedback from models and members on how you would have handled it.

I was in a model friends' room and we had just completed a countdown for a shower show. (Yes, I was one of the tippers.) At that point, a member announced he was going to begin a 1 token yellow wall of 500 tokens. (Yes, that's 500 separate tips of 1 token each.) He proceeded to do this for the next 40 minutes and finally stopped after so many members complained. (At that point, he had tipped 350 times.) The model clearly did not want to offend him, but finally begged him to stop.

Comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.