AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Reminders To Tip

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

How often do you remind your room to tip?

• Never

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Often

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • I dislike when a model reminds the room to tip

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • I don't mind if a model reminds the room sometimes

Votes: 45 47.9%
  • I don't mind if she reminds the room often

Votes: 14 14.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I'm on SM and I don't do Gold shows it's a bit different. I "remind" guys that I'm here to be taken private by pretty much answering their questions by asking if they will take me private so I can show them. When they ask what my lady parts look like and that kind of thing.

Depends on how it's framed:

"Hey guys, I'm gonna have to leave soon if we can't get this countdown going." :thumbleft:

"Well, I guess it's back to the titty bar for me if you assholes won't tip me." :woops:

btw, that last one is a direct quote from a model...not said in jest, either.

If I really feel the need to do such a thing I add a time-limit to act as a reminder, and if it runs out then that's it. I hate when I or others say things to remind members to tip, and prefer it to be a subtle one if not at all. I figure if they want to tip/have money...it will be tipped.

It depends. If the model is doing nothing but chat in PMs and plans to do nothing but *maybe* go private, I mind. If the model has a countdown, a raffle, a sale, or is doing *anything* for the benefit of her room in addition to breathing, I don't mind.

There are tons of ways a model can remind her room to tip that are more than a reminder to transfer tokens from your account to hers. She can mention her offer of performing for a countdown reached, of raffle tix, of continuing to do whatever interesting thing she is doing. She can fiddle with her topic, do something silly/cute/sexy/interesting in response to received, or any number of other things that do not include simply saying or typing "Tip me" and continuing to do nothing. As long as she is doing one of anything else but that, I don't mind.

I just repost my room topic (that'd be considered a tip reminder since my topic states how much it is for a flash), and I tell the "Let's see dat ass" dudes to tip and ask nicely. Those are the only reminders I give. I don't do the "Come on...tip me, guys" thing though.

LacieLaPlante said:
ComicOzzie said:
I am currently in a model's room who is ranked #33 this month, and she is asking for tips literally every 5 seconds. I'm thinking that's maybe a bit too frequently.

Must be working?
Looking at the list, it's either working great, or failing. I dunno who he was talking about.

But yes, when you're going for rank, and your members are willingly trying to keep you at a certain rank or higher, reminding people that you need tokens to keep you where they're trying to get you is key sometimes.

Sometimes, often, etc., it needs to be said sometimes.

As I stated in another thread somewhere, I took a couple months off of being vocal about my goals, and I suffered the consequence and made a ton less tokens. I think the greater amount of people willing to spend tokens on MFC are those who want to make your day. And for a lot of people, making their day means helping them make their goals. Which means tipping.

I know it offends some of the "I'm just here to chill and fap to naked bodies" people, but in the long run, the greater amount of generous tippers are in the "I'm here to make friends with these naked girls and help make their day better" crowd.

If a countdown has stalled, I don't mind. If people are begging without tipping, I don't mind.

If a goal has been met for something and during said something she constantly reminds people to tip, I get annoyed. I understand everyone wants to make something more, but if the goal that was reached was not the goal she was looking for, then she should have set the goal higher.

If practically every other sentence out of her mouth is reminding people to tip, I just don't bother with her at all.

AmberCutie said:
I think the greater amount of people willing to spend tokens on MFC are those who want to make your day. And for a lot of people, making their day means helping them make their goals. Which means tipping.

I know it offends some of the "I'm just here to chill and fap to naked bodies" people, but in the long run, the greater amount of generous tippers are in the "I'm here to make friends with these naked girls and help make their day better" crowd.
Members can fall between both of the examples given. Like, I am there to chill but I also like helping the models reach their goals.

UncleThursday said:
If practically every other sentence out of her mouth is reminding people to tip, I just don't bother with her at all.

I believe I had a session where for five minutes straight I was telling people to tip for their requests... because everybody was requesting things. That was ALL I could manage to do, with how fast those requests were coming in.

What I feel is that when models ask the room to tip, it is usually to push the people sitting on the fence over to their side. From what I have seen, these tips usually don't amount to much. For regulars of the model, including myself, I already know how much I am going to spend for the night before going into the room. If the member is planning to or not planning to tip a huge amount, asking or begging probably won't do much to change their mind imo.

Personally, I like models to start off just chilling, making small talk, just setting a session goal and getting a feel of the room for the night. Depending on the situation and the number of regulars online, she can decide how to take the situation from there. If its slow, then of course reminding to tip would be reasonable. However, I have seen some models who are constantly getting tips still asking for more. Then there are some who do not physically ask but their body language portrays their intention (i.e. doe eyed pity look). Regardless these are the models who can usually get away with it cause they have sugar daddies bombing them with tips anyway.

Reactions: KissTrixie
Another poll that I can't answer due to the narrowness of the choices. But I guess that's kind of the point, get people to elaborate.

For me, it really depends upon the tone and way that the reminders are delivered. If it comes across as bitchy, needy, pleading, begging, etc. then it's a bit of a turn off. If done tactfully, not a problem.

I've been in rooms of very successful models and in rooms of models with a 200 or less camscore. I seen constant "reminders" and no reminders whatsoever in bothe camscore extremes and everywhere in between. It's totally model dependent on whether or not it's annoying or appropriate.

Just like everything else, there seems to be models for every type of member and members for every type of model.

In a perfect world, no model would ever have to remind members to tip and all members would tip. But we know that's not going to happen.

Camsites are inherently flawed because, in order to tip, they have to take a hand off their junk... :lol: So I don't feel bad reminding every once in a while, though I always try to do it in a way that reminds them I have content or a countdown or, you know, something to offer.

I hate hate hate hearing girls say things like, "Why aren't you guys tipping?" when they're doing literally nothing, don't have a topic set, don't have content... I get it, you're here and you're pretty, but I don't feel inclined to pay you just for that haha.

Mollie_ said:
Camsites are inherently flawed because, in order to tip, they have to take a hand off their junk... :lol: So I don't feel bad reminding every once in a while, though I always try to do it in a way that reminds them I have content or a countdown or, you know, something to offer.

I hate hate hate hearing girls say things like, "Why aren't you guys tipping?" when they're doing literally nothing, don't have a topic set, don't have content... I get it, you're here and you're pretty, but I don't feel inclined to pay you just for that haha.

So much this. I tried to get into public shows when I was newer to the site, but it did not work out well for me. Privates are much better, because the site takes your tokies automatically.

UncleThursday said:
If a goal has been met for something and during said something she constantly reminds people to tip, I get annoyed. I understand everyone wants to make something more, but if the goal that was reached was not the goal she was looking for, then she should have set the goal higher.
But I've read in other threads that setting a token goal for a show too high is off-putting...

Example: I set an oil dancing show countdown at 1500 tokens. Lots of regulars and a few randoms help get that countdown complete in 30 minutes. I start doing the show that brings in another 500 viewers. Reminding the newcomers to tip for the show over the next 30 minutes is reasonable, I think. And I knowingly set the countdown to about 1000 less than what I hoped to make for this show, knowing the pool of possible tippers will grow during the show. If I had set the topic at 2500 til oil show, it could have taken 2x as long to reach it, and would have been derived from a smaller pool of people.

I like it when a model reminds the room that it would be best if it were a group effort and that tipping shouldn't be left up to just a few generous and appreciative souls -- well not exactly in those words, but you get the gist of it. A model I met last week varies countdowns and does some that count tippers not tips, which helps spread the activity around the room.

I really don't mind at all when models remind members ... well, freeloaders actually ... that this is after all a place of business and the entertainment shouldn't be free.

And I like it when models do something like "tip 7 if you like me" because, really, who can't afford 7 tokens?

Mollie_ said:

The only thing I'll say in these girls defence is that if you're even there to see her saying that then you're watching her. If you know what she's been sitting there for longer than a few minutes and hasn't set a countdown or have content for sale then you've spent enough time in her room to know this. If you are finding her so boring and unentertaining then you needn't be there. People who are actually in a room watching a camgirl are getting something from her. They've chosen to spend time in that room. For that, then yeah, I think it's not so uncalled for to ask if they tip you.
On the other side of it, yes when girls spend all their time on their phone/ignoring the chat, or even just sat there doing nothing, yes I can see how it'd be frustrating to watch her ask for tips/tell the room to tip.

I absolutely have to keep reminding people to tip/offer vids/read out the countdown. People tend to forget, reminders usually help to push tipping. If I don't remind people I will get about 10 tokens every half hour, even if I'm dancing, chatting, teasing and generally working my arse off.

The very best nights for me is when people tip without me having to ask, so all I have to do is occasionally remind them and they listen to my reminders. I hate having to ask for tips/tokens. I would much rather everyone would just tip me without me pushing it.

Kind of like when I ride my horse. Sometimes I ride him and all he takes is a little bit of leg and rein work and he behaves perfectly. It's still work and exercise, but it's much more enjoyable, I don't feel like I'm forcing him into it/having a fight and we both end up happy. Sometimes I'll get on and he won't want to listen to me at all. He'll muck about, ignore me, and it means I have to work twice as hard, I have to force and fight him into working, it stops being fun and neither of us enjoy ourselves.
I think myfreecams is equally as unpredictable and has similar results. Ideally I'd like to ask the room to tip me instead of repeatedly telling the room to tip me and fighting an unwilling room to try and get them to do what I want (and by fighting/telling I don't mean literally, I mean by dancing/teasing/talking about the topic/vids, pretty much anything to try and push people over the edge into tipping).

In an ideal world as a camgirl, none of us would have to remind anyone to tip but as all of us camgirls know, if we don't do gentle relatively frequent reminders, people get caught up in the chat and end up sitting on their hands. I like to repost the topic and if that doesn't work I'll say something along the lines of 'if people buy videos etc it goes against the show countdown, wouldn't we all like a show?' or something along those lines. If I'm feeling really PMS-y like I have been for the past two days and it's horrendously slow i tend to find my mood gets the better of me if no one is taking the hint and I'll log off in a foul mood that nothing seems to work and I don't feel appreciated. I think I may have done that earlier today, with the words 'sorry guys, I am feeling cranky and overemotional and it's so slow right now that it's putting me in a bad mood which i have no desire to inflict on you all so I'm off'. Cue logging off, storming upstairs and bursting into tears. I felt like a proper drama queen.

I think I can say most of us try to take the rough with the smooth and not get too nagging about tipping (or lack of) but there are times when you've had shift after shift of being metaphorically kicked in the balls with people's unwillingness to tip despite the fact that they are more than happy to sit in your room for hours on end as they are obviously getting some level of entertainment from you that it is really hard not to snap. Please realise that just like all members, camgirls are human too and even though we try to preserve the fantasy of being smiley cheerful and engaging all the time, it gets beaten down sometimes to the point of slipping...there was a brilliant quote on twitter the other day...

'i really feel like camming is the only job in the world where 60% of your customers don't even realize you're trying to earn a living'.

I think that sums it up quite nicely, although i would say that members of this forum have a better understanding of how it is for us girls than some of the more ignorant people out there (mainly non forum members lol)

I like the girls who as soon as you get in the room say "tip or get the fuck out."

Normally I just get out. And too bad for her as if she wasnt a bitch like that and I liked what I saw I probably would have tipped.

Reactions: Kickaz
legmanct said:
PS the other thing I hate is the ASSHOLE in the room who keeps reminding everyone to tip, when he hasn't tipped anything himself!
What I absolutely hate is when the people coming in the room assume the person reminding the room to tip hasn't tipped anything himself. Now, I'm not really a fan of my members reminding the room to tip, that's my job, but usually when it happens it's someone who has dropped a TON in the past, and at least a bit that day. So when the bloobs bark back at him for the polite reminders he gives, THAT is much more unattractive than the reminder itself.

So don't be that guy who spouts off at the mouth or spams the "Tip her urself PUTA" emote. You just never know.

Even when a member has tipped, there's no reason for him to start naming people.

I have this gentleman who is in my room most every night that I work. And usually he's there right when I log on, and starts tipping immediately. He gets annoyed that he's the only one tipping. Sometimes, he starts pushing others to tip, and I have to ask him not to do that. Sometime last month, he started asking me in public chat if certain members had ever tipped me. It put me on the spot, put the members on the spot, and I really didn't like it because it's usually someone who has tipped in the past, and does tend to help keep the room a fun place to be. If he does it again, I'm going to have to send him an mfc mail about it... *sigh*

I voted "sometimes."
I remind my room every 20min. or so. I usually say things like, "Hey guys, it's been 30min. with no tips, whatever you have to give is greatly appreciated!" or "X till cumshow!"

I almost always get tipped after that. My room gets so caught up in the conversations I think they genuinely forget to tip.

PlayboyMegan said:
I voted "sometimes."
I remind my room every 20min. or so. I usually say things like, "Hey guys, it's been 30min. with no tips, whatever you have to give is greatly appreciated!" or "X till cumshow!"

I almost always get tipped after that. My room gets so caught up in the conversations I think they genuinely forget to tip.

Seriously, that happens, especially if you have a lot of regulars who know each other. The only thing that shakes me back to reality sometimes is a reminder from the model or some dumbass with no tokens asking for a freebie.

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
LadyLuna said:
Even when a member has tipped, there's no reason for him to start naming people.

I have this gentleman who is in my room most every night that I work. And usually he's there right when I log on, and starts tipping immediately. He gets annoyed that he's the only one tipping. Sometimes, he starts pushing others to tip, and I have to ask him not to do that. Sometime last month, he started asking me in public chat if certain members had ever tipped me. It put me on the spot, put the members on the spot, and I really didn't like it because it's usually someone who has tipped in the past, and does tend to help keep the room a fun place to be. If he does it again, I'm going to have to send him an mfc mail about it... *sigh*

I wouldn't like that either. And here's the thing...freeloaders love it when a model's big spenders enter the room (I've had a freeloader express relief when he saw my best spender enter the room...*rolls eyes*) because they know the model's topic is gonna be cleared soon. This is why regulars should try maybe tipping small amounts at first and allow others to help out. And I wonder if some premiums get a little intimidated by huge tips and think their 10 tokens will look silly. That's why I've started putting in my topic "I :h: tips of ALL SIZES."

I remember someone got pissed about being the only tipper, and me having to flash for the freeloaders (I flash with every tip of 50 tokens and up). He's like "Come on...tip her, guys! She's trying to make a living!" I told him that's not gonna help matters any, and men don't like other men telling them to tip. I told him he could just put "Not for a flash" in a tip note...or not make his tip public to the room...or just tip 49 tokens each time instead. I understand the frustration, but at the same time if you're known for being a very generous tipper who clears room topics quickly, then you shouldn't be that surprised when other premiums sit back and watch you do it all.

If a member is truly that upset about being the only one tipping, he could stop making his tips public in the chat...particularly the large tips. When freeloaders see that the model's best spenders are in the room, they're probably like "Oh, good...______ and ______ are here...won't take long to complete her topic, and I can continue sitting here with my dick out typing "Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" every 3 minutes. I've actually had a freeloader come right out and express his relief when a huge spender entered the room. He was all "Oh good..._____ is here!" :roll:

If my topic says that every tip of 50 tokens gets a flash, and I don't get a tip note saying "You don't have to flash,"

thtop making his tips public in the room. Freeloaders know who the big spenders are, and they know that they can just sit back and not contribute because eventually that model's regular(s) will tip her entire topic (or will tip the rest of it).

Status
Not open for further replies.