AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How long can you be on vacation until you become irrelevant?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitty_Blue

Cam Model
Oct 19, 2013
Twitter Username
@Kittenkream_mfc
MFC Username
KittenKream
Chaturbate Username
KittenKream
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/198864/KittenKream/
I'm on mfc and I'm not a popular model; I've not been camming for a month. Should I be okay traffic wise if I just start up again? don't have a twitter or anything like that.
Should I start over with a new name or should I be alright?
Also is there any other camming sites I should try?

Re: How long can you be on vacation until you become irrelev

Cherrywine_ said:
I'm on mfc and I'm not a popular model; I've not been camming for a month. Should I be okay traffic wise if I just start up again? don't have a twitter or anything like that.

I won't lie, I think that taking so many long "vacations" has held me back substantially on MFC. Expect to have to build up your regular base again once you come back. I had about a 1200 camscore when I first took a month off of MFC. I went to stay with family while my grandfather was dying. I was about 4 months into my MFC career and I had to rebuild my fan base when I returned. If I had had more insight, I think that tweeting about my life and maybe a few pictures would have helped me keep the few regulars I had.

All guys have different levels of "loyalty". Some guys will come back and find you no matter how long it's been since you've been online, others will assume that you've quit camming and find another model to visit more often.

Best bet: Get a twitter and promote the CRAP out of your twitter account while you cam on MFC. Your regs will likely follow you, and it'll help keep you in their mind so when you return they remember you well. Look into other cam sites if you aren't happy with MFC and think you need a vacation from it, it might just be that MFC isn't for you. Try Streamate or Chaturbate.

Re: How long can you be on vacation until you become irrelev

Cherrywine_ said:

First, it's nearly impossible to obtain a "new name" on MFC. Once you have an account, you're kind of stuck with it. Otherwise every girl who tanked her camscore could just reset back to 1000 by getting a new account.

I started camming on MFC 2 weeks before taking 5 weeks off to travel to Europe. Before I left, I talked all about how everyone should come find me when I got back so they could hear all the stories from my trip, and I made a contest for photos from my vacation. When I returned, all but 2 or 3 of the regulars came back. I still don't get the room traffic I'd like, and I only have ~6-10 very generous regulars, but it's a slow process building a consistent fanbase!

If you choose to stay with MFC, I'd strongly advise getting Twitter and connecting to other camgirls as well as promotional accounts that retweet and promote camgirls. Create content like photosets and videos to sell and/or give away as prizes and brainstorm your pants off to create fun, dynamic shows rather than just sitting there saying "x tokens for y." The most successful camgirls are those who have made themselves a brand- an immersive, exciting, unified experience. And, as many will tell you, be consistent. Cam as much as you can! It won't be a piece of cake if your camscore is low and you've been away, but it's definitely doable!

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.