AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How Do Countdowns Work?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amiramani

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Mar 16, 2014
Hi there!!

I'm new to MFC--I've put in about 7 hours or so, which I believe technically means I am still under "New Model Status".
One thing I'm having such a dilemma with is understanding how countdowns work!
Initially, I assumed it worked by the model setting a bar until she performs some desirable act, such as
*** 100 UNTIL FLASH 600 UNTIL NAKED 2000 UNTIL DILDO TEASE***
And etc. etc,

But I am pretty sure members cannot view how many tokens you have accrued,
So how will they know that they only have X amount of tokens left to tip you until you do what you promised?
I've gotten a couple of tips in public that said ( Tip Not Shown in the Room )
So I wasn't sure whether or not I should do what I said I would or not.
Does this make any sort of sense? I am having a hard time understanding even myself.

ALSO!
I understand this varies from person to person, but what IS a fair countdown?
The example one I listed above is kind of my go-to, but really, I'm just pulling it out of my ass. It seems fair to me, but I'm a rookie--what do I know?!

THANKS!! :-D

As the members tip toward the show, you subtract and update the countdown accordingly.
You can choose whether ninja tips, video tips ETC count toward countdowns, BUT MAKE SURE YOU ARE CLEAR ABOUT THIS TO YOUR CHATROOM.

That makes sense, so I would update my countdown to new things once the tokens have already satiated the amount needed for whatever it was I was advertising? So, let's say I said 1000 until topless--then i accrue 1000. I go topless, and then I have to update the countdown with new offerings, correct?

amiramani said:
That makes sense, so I would update my countdown to new things once the tokens have already satiated the amount needed for whatever it was I was advertising? So, let's say I said 1000 until topless--then i accrue 1000. I go topless, and then I have to update the countdown with new offerings, correct?

You'd do it as you progress.

Topic: 1000 til topless
*member tips 100 tokens*
Topic: 900 til topless

Members are going to want to see the progress as the countdown goes along. You don't have to update for EVERY tip, but at least do it regularly.

Once your goal is met, you do whatever show you were going to do. You can choose to do another if you want! Theres no structure to MFC so its entirely open ended as to what you do in your room.

amiramani said:
So, let's say I said 1000 until topless--then i accrue 1000. I go topless, and then I have to update the countdown with new offerings, correct?
You don't have to do anything ;) Everything works as long as it keeps the guys tipping and feeling entertained, I would say.
If you've reached your 1000 tokens goal for your topless countdown, and you take your bra off, you can decide if you want to take your panties off next - in that case, you can immediately put up the new countdown, for naked/panties off, or you can wait some more and slowly take off your bra first, without putting up the new topic immediately.
While I'm doing a show, my topic usually just says 'tip if you enjoy the show' or something like that, there's no countdown for the next thing, because I want the guys to concentrate on what I'm doing right now. If I still get the right vibe from them after the show is over, I try another one.

That makes sense! I don't always do the countdowns--in fact, when I'm not making any money sometimes I resort to doing group shows, which I'll be honest, I don't really like. To me, 10 tokens a minute isn't worth it unless I'm not making ANY tokens at all. What would you ladies say is a fair countdown for starters? I am so lost with that, haha.

amiramani said:
That makes sense! I don't always do the countdowns--in fact, when I'm not making any money sometimes I resort to doing group shows, which I'll be honest, I don't really like. To me, 10 tokens a minute isn't worth it unless I'm not making ANY tokens at all. What would you ladies say is a fair countdown for starters? I am so lost with that, haha.

It depends on two things:

1) How much you feel what you're doing is worth
2) How much you can realistically expect to make

Dont waste your time with a goal thats so high you'll never make it, start small and raise your goals as your camscore and following increases.
I think 1000 for topless is a perfect starting point for a new model.

amiramani said:
I personally do 500 for boobs, 500 for ass, 4000 cumshow, 1000 dildo bj, 1000 lotion show, ect.
I'm now at a 2k CS and I was at an 8k CS. I've kept my prices the same because it works for me.

amiramani said:

Check out this thread! It might help. :)
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... 32&t=14894

amiramani said:

If you don't like doing groups that is fine, but I think you are underestimating the money involved. From the members prospective 10 tokens/min = $50/hour. On a hourly basis, that is more than I'm going to be spending watching a movie, being a bar with live entertainment. It is generally more than I'll spend at a strip club in an hour and about what I'm spending watching a few hour concert per hour.

From the models perspective since it requires 3 members to start a group you are making 3x10 tokens/min= $90/hour. You can typically get away with stretching out a group longer than a private so 10,15, and even 20+ minute groups are not uncommon. Now if you are down to one member watching your show than by all mean feel free to quit, but realize that if you camscore is below 1,000 even a single member in a group is raising your camscore.

HiGirlsRHot said:
amiramani said:

If you don't like doing groups that is fine, but I think you are underestimating the money involved. From the members prospective 10 tokens/min = $50/hour. On a hourly basis, that is more than I'm going to be spending watching a movie, being a bar with live entertainment. It is generally more than I'll spend at a strip club in an hour and about what I'm spending watching a few hour concert per hour.

From the models perspective since it requires 3 members to start a group you are making 3x10 tokens/min= $90/hour. You can typically get away with stretching out a group longer than a private so 10,15, and even 20+ minute groups are not uncommon. Now if you are down to one member watching your show than by all mean feel free to quit, but realize that if you camscore is below 1,000 even a single member in a group is raising your camscore.

Plus, many members tend to tip the model during the group show, which adds up as well.

Reactions: amiramani
You guys have been so helpful! Can't tell ya how much I appreciate it! Any tips of popular countown topics? I was thinking of doing ice and lotion shows, but that's about the extent of my creativity!

And as far as GROUP SHOWS go, I suppose a big reason I have apprehension is because I'm just never too sure of what to do during them. I've done a few pvt's and I feel free to do anything since the money is pretty dern good. But as far as group shows go, I'm always at a loss of trying to find the 'perfect middle' between a public and private show.

amiramani said:
And as far as GROUP SHOWS go, I suppose a big reason I have apprehension is because I'm just never too sure of what to do during them. I've done a few pvt's and I feel free to do anything since the money is pretty dern good. But as far as group shows go, I'm always at a loss of trying to find the 'perfect middle' between a public and private show.

I'd say whatever you're comfortable with, yo. Typical group shows are things like cum shows, BJ shows, etc. Keep in mind, if you get enough people joining your group show, the money can be a lot better than it is for a private. It's 10 tokens a minute from every member in the group, so if you have ten members in there with you, you're being paid 100 tokens a minute.

amiramani said:
You guys have been so helpful! Can't tell ya how much I appreciate it! Any tips of popular countown topics? I was thinking of doing ice and lotion shows, but that's about the extent of my creativity!

If you use the search feature at the top of the forum, you'll find that show ideas, topics and countdowns are discussed pretty frequently. You might have to dig a little bit, but there are answers to questions you haven't even thought of yet in these pages and you'll ultimately learn more by putting in the research time, rather than just being given answers. Also, spending some time watching various models and seeing how they run their rooms, what their shows are like, what they're doing, etc. Obviously, don't copy anyone, but it can help get the creative juices flowing.

Here's a good thread to start with: https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... ess+boring

Jessi said:

*member tips 100 tokens*

Members are going to want to see the progress as the countdown goes along. You don't have to update for EVERY tip, but at least do it regularly.

Interestingly I have seen one (and only one by the way) model who does count ups. So she never changes her topic amount.

Topic: 3600 BJ show, 5000 Whipped Cream, 7000 Deep Throat 18 inch dildo show.
Model occasionally posts in chat: Count - 1875
*member tips 100 tokens*
Model posts in chat: Count - 1975

The topic never changes. When she gets up to the amounts stated in the topic then she does that show.

JerryBoBerry said:
Jessi said:

*member tips 100 tokens*

Interestingly I have seen one (and only one by the way) model who does count ups. So she never changes her topic amount.

*member tips 100 tokens*

The topic never changes. When she gets up to the amounts stated in the topic then she does that show.
I can see how that would be extremely confusing for some members.

PlayboyMegan said:
JerryBoBerry said:
Jessi said:

*member tips 100 tokens*

*member tips 100 tokens*

I can see how that would be extremely confusing for some members.

I'll admit it took some getting use to, and I still see the occasional comment from newbies in her room. But she's stuck with it and it seems to work for her now fairly well.

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
JerryBoBerry said:

*member tips 100 tokens*

I know a model (now inactive) who also counted up. I think it did confuse guys, and a few times I tried to get her to switch to a countdown, but to no avail.

Always_Tim said:
JerryBoBerry said:

*member tips 100 tokens*

I know a model (now inactive) who also counted up. I think it did confuse guys, and a few times I tried to get her to switch to a countdown, but to no avail.

If the model counts down the room might not realize the actual cost for the entire show, but if she counts up everyone sees it. It seems like that might stop some people from tipping.

Shaun__ said:
Always_Tim said:
JerryBoBerry said:

*member tips 100 tokens*

If the model counts down the room might not realize the actual cost for the entire show, but if she counts up everyone sees it. It seems like that might stop some people from tipping.
I agree. I think it could look intimidating when she's close to hitting the show instead of looking easy to hit.

Shaun__ said:
Always_Tim said:
JerryBoBerry said:

*member tips 100 tokens*

That is great point

There are 2 girls I know of who constantly do it that way; like '1200/3000' or '790/4000', meaning that they've already reached 790 out of a 4000 goal. It's mind-boggling to me how they think this could be a smarter thing to do than just counting down.

LilyMarie said:
There are 2 girls I know of who constantly do it that way; like '1200/3000' or '790/4000', meaning that they've already reached 790 out of a 4000 goal. It's mind-boggling to me how they think this could be a smarter thing to do than just counting down.

Never understood this, if for no other reason then it takes up to much space in the topic.

But, I guess if it works for the girl then it works!

LilyMarie said:

Math is one of those things people get panicky about. It's not that it works for them, but rather it's the only way they feel comfortable doing it. They've come to think about numbers in a certain way, and being cajoled into using a different methodology can induce a lot of anxiety.

If you want to bring up the subject, do not do it right in the middle of a count.

I'll weigh in on this - occasionally to shake things up I do a whiteboard that has a meter with token amounts on the side.

Usually I do this when I can't split my shifts and I have a huge goal to achieve. (say, 8000)

It will have points along the side "2000-4000-6000-8000" and as we fill it, each point is unlocked.

At 2000 this might be a naked count. at 4000 it might be a blow job show. 6000 = buttplug in and 8000 = fuck machine show with dp.

It SOUNDS counter intuitive... that throwing up a # like 8000 tokens at the top would actually *work* - it SOUNDS like it would run members off cos it seems like such a huge goal. I agree.

But... it works. Almost everytime for me.

Quite often, I complete these goals in much faster time than normal.

I tried to do it without prices on the side once and members got confused.

The things that make it work - ive been doing this method regularly for 6 months or so now.. is to have a large amount of achievable 'small' goals. Breaking it up so that each thing is achievable. Have smaller things they can tip for (as usual in my room) for instant gratification...

I think it works because sometimes when I have naked countdown up... they don't know that I plan on doing a fuck machine/bj show that night..or anal... or squirt.. or whatever. All they see is a naked count. But when we start with naked but they can see that if they stick around and make me happy - they'll get x y z at the end... it seems to inspire them to tip more.

So yeah, thats my 2c and my experience with count ups. :)

Miss_Lollipop said:
It SOUNDS counter intuitive... that throwing up a # like 8000 tokens at the top would actually *work* - it SOUNDS like it would run members off cos it seems like such a huge goal. I agree.

Not surprised it doesn't scare off people. Most members have been on long enough to know there's another goal popping after that 400 to shirt off is met. And the ones who are doing the majority of the tipping have figured out the average goal amount for the models they regularly visit. So, an upfront total amount is kind of a refreshing change.

Miss_Lollipop said:
I'll weigh in on this - occasionally to shake things up I do a whiteboard that has a meter with token amounts on the side.

Usually I do this when I can't split my shifts and I have a huge goal to achieve. (say, 8000)

It will have points along the side "2000-4000-6000-8000" and as we fill it, each point is unlocked.

At 2000 this might be a naked count. at 4000 it might be a blow job show. 6000 = buttplug in and 8000 = fuck machine show with dp.

But... it works. Almost everytime for me.

Quite often, I complete these goals in much faster time than normal.

I tried to do it without prices on the side once and members got confused.

The things that make it work - ive been doing this method regularly for 6 months or so now.. is to have a large amount of achievable 'small' goals. Breaking it up so that each thing is achievable. Have smaller things they can tip for (as usual in my room) for instant gratification...

I think it works because sometimes when I have naked countdown up... they don't know that I plan on doing a fuck machine/bj show that night..or anal... or squirt.. or whatever. All they see is a naked count. But when we start with naked but they can see that if they stick around and make me happy - they'll get x y z at the end... it seems to inspire them to tip more.

So yeah, thats my 2c and my experience with count ups. :)

While I don't do the white board technic I do always keep the next TWO goals up in my topic at once. For example the one I always start with is "300@Boobies 900@NudeLotion"

I think of the reasons why your method works....is it always tippers to think that if they end up tipping over the current goal...it wont go to waste. It will end up going over to the next goal. This is particular useful for girls who offer a ton to tip towards in addition to the room topic...such has videos, panties, snapchat, clubs, etc.

Also-in your particular case, your not shoving the 8k total goal int there face. The board is a kindly reminder.

JerryBoBerry said:
Miss_Lollipop said:

Not surprised it doesn't scare off people. Most members have been on long enough to know there's another goal popping after that 400 to shirt off is met. And the ones who are doing the majority of the tipping have figured out the average goal amount for the models they regularly visit. So, an upfront total amount is kind of a refreshing change.

Yup.. and sometimes it draws out the bigger tippers... they get impatient for the big show or they want to see me hit my goal or maybe they see a bar set 'high' and jump to hit it. I don't know. But I do know that I seem to get more four figure 'bombs' when i have the whole thing posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.