AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I hid my camscore and...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RebeccaT

Inactive Cam Model
Aug 21, 2011
UK
Twitter Username
@Rebecca__t
MFC Username
RebeccaTeal
Chaturbate Username
RebeccaTeal
I hid my MFC camscore and strangely it made me stop worrying about it!

I like spending time with guys in my room, chatting, laughing, teasing, being more than a countdown, cum and leave model.

BIG BIG BIG mistake. My cs is now 749. Overnight it dropped 600. (Oh the days when it was nearly 3000...sigh) So I either hit my goal (which happens fairly quickly), do my show and log out to build it up again (bye guys, oh and thanks for your money) or I end up on page five.

I guess MFC won't miss me or even notice I've gone...

I wanted to edit as I'm over the shock now but it's too late to do it.

My husband laughed and put it in perspective. "Stop looking! That's why you hid it"

He's right. I enjoy MFC so much...so sod the camscore. I hit my goal, I pay my bills and that's all that matters.

Sorry, everyone, I overreacted :) (I've had caffeine now so I'm okay)

The camscore stuff can be such a double-edged sword.

It's like, yeah if my camscore is higher, I'll be easier to spot on the site and get more traffic and make more money. So if it's slow I should log off so it doesn't drop.

However.

The only way to actually make money is to be online. And the longer you stay online, the more potential you have for someone to enter your room and give you money.

Sometimes, I don't know how the models still have hair.

Kunra9 said:
Sometimes, I don't know how the models still have hair.

Ha ha...for a while I didn't! Rocking the chemo look ;)

But I did hide it for the very reason I knew it would drop because I spend so long online...so duh to me. I get traffic to my room, I hit my goals, I have a great time and no-one knows my camscore...unless I post it in a forum.

Note to self: step away form the internet until caffeine has been imbibed.

How are others finding it now they've hidden theirs?

Mine isn't hidden but I might do that in the future, as soon as I revamp my profile. I already decided that I will stay online for as long as I feel like staying regardless of what it does to my camscore. I agree that the only way to build a fanbase is to put yourself out there as much as possible. It might be a slow process to build your camscore back up, but as long as you enjoy the time you spend online I think it's totally worth it. :thumbleft: So I hope you can do it without feeling bad about it!

I have a low cam score, and it doesn't bother me one bit. I have it hidden on my profile because I don't feel like it's helping or hurting it's just not relevant to what I'm doing.

Sure I don't get lots of foot traffic in my room but I'll tell you what I do get - the most amazing bunch of regulars a girl could ask for! They tip, talk, play along, support, applaud, laugh, and make this seem less like a job and more like a joy. I would do anything for them (within reason) and that makes me give them better shows. And regardless of cam score I still get people who "stumble upon me," see what the room is all about, and sure enough they join the crew as hardcore regulars. I've heard more than once how lucky they feel that they found me by random chance.

Goals are different for every model, but I hit mine very consistently and log off knowing that I gave them an amazing night and that they got to see my 100% genuine happy smile. :)

So that's why I don't obsesses about cam score. The ones who are meant to find me do and we both consider ourselves lucky.

HarleyRoseLee said:
I have a low cam score, and it doesn't bother me one bit. I have it hidden on my profile because I don't feel like it's helping or hurting it's just not relevant to what I'm doing.

Sure I don't get lots of foot traffic in my room but I'll tell you what I do get - the most amazing bunch of regulars a girl could ask for! They tip, talk, play along, support, applaud, laugh, and make this seem less like a job and more like a joy. I would do anything for them (within reason) and that makes me give them better shows. And regardless of cam score I still get people who "stumble upon me," see what the room is all about, and sure enough they join the crew as hardcore regulars. I've heard more than once how lucky they feel that they found me by random chance.

Goals are different for every model, but I hit mine very consistently and log off knowing that I gave them an amazing night and that they got to see my 100% genuine happy smile. :)

So that's why I don't obsesses about cam score. The ones who are meant to find me do and we both consider ourselves lucky.
This is exactly what I dream of having once I start camming again ;; Sounds so nice.

Reactions: SinSeraTea
Mine usually fluctuates within the same 500 pts or so but I like keeping it hidden. It's gone up a bit since I first hid it but I don't think it's directly related. It goes up and down a lot for me.

I still check it, keeping hidden keeps me from checking it as much while online which is good.

My biggest reason I like hiding it is because I don't like hearing members notice that it's going down or something. It's not something I've heard about too many times but more than a couple for me is enough to never want to hear about it again. :-D

Other people analyzing it, and noticing little ups and downs and making me aware that they're aware of that, stresses me out more than any of my over-analyzing of it.

If that makes any sense.

As a member I like it when models hide their camscores. The 3-4 models I visit most often had scores from 400-2000, and whenever I saw them I would worry for the models. I tend to be really neurotic and worry about others way too much :p

And then I would do what LuckySmiles said: bring it up to the model. I never meant it in a bad way; I was just expressing concern, but of course that likely made the models think about it more too. I think its best when nobody knows. That way we can all enjoy our time on mfc, both models and members.

JimsX said:
As a member I like it when models hide their camscores. The 3-4 models I visit most often had scores from 400-2000, and whenever I saw them I would worry for the models. I tend to be really neurotic and worry about others way too much :p

And then I would do what LuckySmiles said: bring it up to the model. I never meant it in a bad way; I was just expressing concern, but of course that likely made the models think about it more too. I think its best when nobody knows. That way we can all enjoy our time on mfc, both models and members.

I'd rather models didn't hide it. But if I really care what it is I can figured out approximately what it is, with a minimal effort. It is one of those things that if makes the models happy for whatever reason, I am all for it. Happy models >>>> Sad models. :mrgreen:

Warning: camscore nonbeliever here
Well not exactly, let me explain...

I’ve been around mfc for nearly 4 years and been trying my darndest understanding the significance of camscores throughout that time. In the end, it doesn’t resonate with what i see.

So the popular theory repeatedly stated is:
Higher camscores results increased exposure on the default directory. Increased exposure leads to larger audience numbers, especially paid premiums willing to tip. More tippers leads to more money.

That theory sounds reasonable. But to me, i find it difficult believing how much weight it actually carries in resulting to a camgirl’s short & long term benefit. I even spent a week on mfc just paying close attention to correlations between camscores and its impact, which lead me to conclude it's more-so an effect of a model’s earnings per minute/hour rather than a cause to overall success. In fact, i saw more to debunk its significance when studying correlations. This is what i noticed...

* Brand new models with the default 1000 score have varying degrees of initial success. Some instantaneously hit large audience numbers and receive huge tips their first few sessions online, while others not so much.
* Models who’s camscores are rather stagnant from day to day, may hit a spike in audience (almost inexplicably, albeit rarely): and this is before the model is nude or doing a show. Others who had larger audience numbers sometimes see a large drop. ...which debunks the theory of “directory placement by camscore = audience #s.”
* If anything about exposure, i find audience numbers seem to have a greater impact rather than default by camscore. The larger the audience numbers, the more exposure (especially when utilizing mfc's "most popular rooms" feature on the side). In essence, a snowball effect occurs. The major exception to this is when a model uses guest-bots falsifying true audience numbers.
* Several options for members to display the directory other than by camscore - such as by most popular room, seniority, alphabetically, randomly, etc
* Various other factors that dilute the weight of camscore: does the model live within or outside N.America, did the model optimize her potential (HD quality, lighting, etc), maintain a consistent schedule, have a regular fanbase, is currently nude vs not yet nude, doing shows in public settings, and so on...

I had more points to lay out but i’m drawing blanks. Now i’m not saying camscores are completely useless. It still has its place. My theory is that it doesn't carry anywhere near the weighted impact so many others claim, especially when its only one of MANY factors. I almost feel like i’m alone on an island thinking this way, because the camscore talk has boggled my mind to no end. Maybe i just don’t get it. Is there something else i'm missing here? Some days i’m sitting here reading how allegedly important it is, and i’m like...
Pp9rx.gif

One last thing: i have a feeling of what some of the counter arguments might be, but i've been mulling over this since forever. Anyways, i’m just throwing this out there.
:twocents-02cents:

I am curious what your correlations are.

I just added up the room count of the models with the top 10 camscores in MFC #10 was just over 10K, they averaged 342 members
I then looked at the room counts for 10 models in the 2800 to 3000 they averaged. 71.1 viewers.
Finally I looked at 10 models near the median camscore 680-711 they averaged 20.1 viewers.

All of the models with top 10 cam scores were in the top MFC 100, none of the other girls were in the top 100.

It seems to me that financial success is highly correlated to camscore.

HiGirlsRHot said:

I just added up the room count of the models with the top 10 camscores in MFC #10 was just over 10K, they averaged 342 members
I then looked at the room counts for 10 models in the 2800 to 3000 they averaged. 71.1 viewers.
Finally I looked at 10 models near the median camscore 680-711 they averaged 20.1 viewers.

All of the models with top 10 cam scores were in the top MFC 100, none of the other girls were in the top 100.

I think this whole argument can go round & round in circular logic. We can argue that higher camscores increases success rates or vise versa. However...

The way i see it, (edit:) the high cam scores are a result of more tips given from the 342 average count for example. Hence, I more-so believe more tippers lead to larger camscores, and NOT necessarily larger camscores leads to more tippers, which is when i stated camscores is more of an effect, rather than a cause. It just seems too easy to conclude camscores directly results in success rates. I feel like there's many more layers than that. The numerous other reasons how a model can achieve higher success than others was brushed upon in my earlier post.

Maybe correlations wasn't the best word to use, so let's call it 'circumstantial (soft) evidence and observations.' In the end, i don't expect to convince anyone otherwise. This is simply my take.

Through the camscore, I feel MFC punishes the models who spend a lot of social time on cam. My viewers love that I do this. They've already tipped for the show and now they want to chill with me but it feels like I get penalised for it.

Mr T has just pointed out that MFC are not there to provide their service to models who are not taking tokens so maybe this the whole reason d'etre behind camscore. "Get off our bandwidth if you're not making us money" :)

RebeccaT said:
Through the camscore, I feel MFC punishes the models who spend a lot of social time on cam. My viewers love that I do this. They've already tipped for the show and now they want to chill with me but it feels like I get penalised for it.

Mr T has just pointed out that MFC are not there to provide their service to models who are not taking tokens so maybe this the whole reason d'etre behind camscore. "Get off our bandwidth if you're not making us money" :)

Well, to be honest, I don't feel that we're just getting paid for our shows, we're getting paid for entertainment, which they receive even when we're not doing a show. So, in my opinion, wanting to hang out after a show is done comes off to me like "I don't want to pay you for your time". Like, if they want you to stick around after a show, they should be showing that with tips.

It'd be like your boss wanting you to stay after work just to hang out and talk.

SexyStephXS said:
RebeccaT said:

Well, to be honest, I don't feel that we're just getting paid for our shows, we're getting paid for entertainment, which they receive even when we're not doing a show. So, in my opinion, wanting to hang out after a show is done comes off to me like "I don't want to pay you for your time". Like, if they want you to stick around after a show, they should be showing that with tips.

It'd be like your boss wanting you to stay after work just to hang out and talk.

But I don't mind not being tipped to hang out and talk, just mind being penalised for it. I have found a way round it though...I switch sites and the guys come with me. I've found a lot of guys who already have MFC accounts don't want to give credit/debit cards details to multiple sites. I just need to remember to actually switch sites. No more "Oh heck, we've been chilling for an hour on the wrong site..."

RebeccaT said:
SexyStephXS said:
RebeccaT said:

But I don't mind not being tipped to hang out and talk, just mind being penalised for it. I have found a way round it though...I switch sites and the guys come with me. I've found a lot of guys who already have MFC accounts don't want to give credit/debit cards details to multiple sites. I just need to remember to actually switch sites. No more "Oh heck, we've been chilling for an hour on the wrong site..."
Why don't you open a member's room?

Since hiding my cam score I've noticed it dropped quite a bit... but the negative commentary and trolling has ceased to a halt

LailaBaise said:
RebeccaT said:
SexyStephXS said:
RebeccaT said:

Why don't you open a member's room?

More chance of a random tipper showing up in the model's room than a member room i guess

bakersman said:
If I'm remembering this right, the model Amy Lemon [HI AMY IF YOU READ THIS COME BACK AND CAM YOU ARE SO FUN] had something like this as her location on mfc: "Location: NotCaringAboutCamScoreVille, the Happiest Place on Earth"

lol.

I feel the same feels about camscore as all the girls whose sentiments are shared in a thread like this and I recognize that camscore is inherently important but I did at some point just stop factoring it into my Individual Vision Of Success. I'm not soap-boxy about camscore in one way or the other.

When I was still camming (I haven't quit, just on Slut Sabbatical :dance: ) my personal Cam-Method was more geared towards drumming up high room numbers in order to generate decent sized group shows so the introduction of the High Room Numbers page thrilled me. It's my personal suspicion that many MFC users worth a whiff don't utilize camscore as a means of organizing models as much as they do room traffic, and from there actually attracting a percentage of users in a big room to "my cause" has zero to do with camscore. Basically: If I can get you in the door I'll have a chance of wooing you, camscore is helpful in the first step of Generating Viewership but so is tits and ass and then the sparkling personality and offers of lady bits gets the rest of the job done.

I should note that I also began my MFC Career many many moons ago and would not want to start as a new model these days. I think the new girls venturing out now are debuting on a very different site than I did and I highly doubt I would have the same career trajectory starting today as I was fortunate to have starting nearly 5 years ago. It's a whole different world now on MFC, back in the old days 700 models was an impressive amount to see online at the end of the month and back in the old days it took thousands fewer tokens to achieve five figure camscores.

That said, I want a five figure camscore too goddamnit :lol: and genuinely wish that camscore was calculated upon Orgasms Per Hour because then I'd be right fucking set.

I hid my camscore because I didn't like the comments I was getting from regulars... "Oh no, your camscore went down!" Like "Oh no you are not doing very well now are you?"

I don't care about it. If it affects my earnings, then I'll cam on another site and be done with it.

BUT on MFC I have a good group of regulars who tip me well. And I find that I have to stay on for several hours in order to reach my token goal for the day.

I say hide it, look at it at least weekly ...this is why.
Camscore is something that only models should be concerned with, and not while they are actually camming. It is slightly less important now that members can preview a homepage, but I suspect completely ignore it at your own peril.
Unless you have a very stable, supportive room, it would seem wise to have some kind of camscore range to target in mind.

As a member, the lower my favourite's camscore, the more time she will be on to make her target, and when I spend I get more value/ more of her time. In general camscore is a model concern for this reason.
It is only when it goes up or down too much that it becomes a worry to their members. (Increases get us less of our model, decreases an unhappy model because she must work harder at it)

btw Rankings I think no one should ever be concerned with... Competition when it comes to camming makes it boring.

mutantdonut said:
HiGirlsRHot said:

I think this whole argument can go round & round in circular logic. We can argue that higher camscores increases success rates or vise versa. However...

The way i see it, (edit:) the high cam scores are a result of more tips given from the 342 average count for example. Hence, I more-so believe more tippers lead to larger camscores, and NOT necessarily larger camscores leads to more tippers, which is when i stated camscores is more of an effect, rather than a cause. It just seems too easy to conclude camscores directly results in success rates. I feel like there's many more layers than that. The numerous other reasons how a model can achieve higher success than others was brushed upon in my earlier post.

Maybe correlations wasn't the best word to use, so let's call it 'circumstantial (soft) evidence and observations.' In the end, i don't expect to convince anyone otherwise. This is simply my take.

Sorry to be nitpicky, but correlation is absolutely the right word to use in this case. There IS a correlation, but not necessarily a causation.

Edit: That being said, there tends to be a correlation of high camscore/money made for those who are consistent. ;p

I honestly couldn't care less about my camscore. It's been high, it's been low, and yet I stayed the same. Point: If you let yourself be defined by a number, other people will define you by it too

But that's not actually why I'm posting here. I wanted to ask a question of those that have hidden it. Did you notice any difference in traffic?

I like to test features to see what impact they have, and I hid my camscore from my profile and from the menu. I had it hidden for 2 weeks, and I noticed a significant lack in members. I unhid and it's now been I hidden for a week and my traffic has returned to normal.

Has anyone else noted something similar?

I lost a significant amount of weight (She types surrounded by cinnamon bun flavoured chips (They please Satan. Also stoners.) and a pile of candy.) and I did it by not worrying what was on the scale day to day. Weight fluctuates.

So does camscore. I'm about to amp up my camming in a way that doesn't reflect my score (1000s) I've been as high as 17xx I've been as low as 7xx But I've barely cammed mostly out of fear of how low I could go. I haven't always supported myself. I've sometimes supported myself.

Now I'm considering hiding my camscore. Thank you Rebecca for writing this topic. I'm going to do this right now. ... If I can figure it out.

Mahalia said:
But that's not actually why I'm posting here. I wanted to ask a question of those that have hidden it. Did you notice any difference in traffic?

My traffic and cs have increased but MFC being MFC, it may have nothing to do with anything!

SeraTonix said:
Now I'm considering hiding my camscore. Thank you Rebecca for writing this topic. I'm going to do this right now. ... If I can figure it out.

It's in Model Settings :-D

MintyFlowers said:
Edit: That being said, there tends to be a correlation of high camscore/money made for those who are consistent. ;p
I’m likely not gonna win anyone over in this debate, but I’ll just say this...
The notion of "Camscores-lead-to-success-rates" is so flawed, you can poke holes at it all day. Even the above mentioned correlations regarding camscores/room count/top10rankings is flawed.

Not saying my own theory is rock solid either.
I feel that people just gotta dig deeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.