AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC Assistant v.1

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kradek

V.I.P. AmberLander
Feb 3, 2012
Twitter Username
@kradekmfc
MFC Username
Kradek
Hello! I've been an MFC user for the last few months. One thing I've seen quite a bit is models and their regulars attempting to keep track of countdowns manually. I thought there had to be a better way, so I wrote a Greasemonkey script that does exactly that. Currently it only works in Firefox, and has limited functionality, but if there is interest I may enhance it and modify it so that it can work in Chrome. IE and Safari do not have the ability to run a script of this type as far as I know (though it could possibly work as a bookmarklet). It is entirely free for your use.

Here are a couple screenshots of it in action:
MAMenuPos.png

In the image above you can see that a orange menu has been added to the MFC model page just above the list of users in the room. The number in parentheses is the amount of tokens left in the current countdown.

MenuAndAlert.png

Here you can see the menu as it is shown when you hover the mouse over it. The first line contains the current models name. The next two lines are selectable items that allow you to set the countdown and show the current count. Last are a couple of statistics; the highest tip, and the highest individual contributor. The highest individual contributor is the person that has tipped the most regardless of whether they gave the highest single tip or not. Also in this shot you can see the alert message which displays briefly (currently 3 seconds) after each tip.

How can I get it?

1. Install the Greasemonkey addon for Firefox. You can get that here.
2. Install the Model Assistant Script. You can get that here. Once on that page, click the install link. Firefox should ask for confirmation and then you're good to go.

How do I use it?
Once you've installed it, just go to MFC. Everything else should be self explanatory (hopefully).

How does it work?
MFC posts all the text users and models type in public, and all public tip information, to a straight up HTML section of the page. All Model Assistant does is monitor changes to that section of the page, specifically looking for tip messages. Essentially, it automates what anyone reading the page does manually. It doesn't look at any traffic between the browser and MFC or anything like that, it's strictly monitoring local changes to the page. That does mean, for example, that if someone ninja tips, Model Assistant will not know about that tip (unless they are the model). If you have any concerns about what it is doing behind the scenes, I encourage you or your more technical minded friends to review the source which is easily viewed on the userscripts.org site.

Caveats
First, I had originally hoped for this to be a tool for models, but it will more likely be used by their regulars as it currently exists. I did not know when I started that models broadcast via a client application instead of a browser. I understand now that there is a browser based broadcast client for models, but, not being a model, I have not tested it via that client, and there is a good chance it will not work there anyway. That doesn't mean it couldn't be modified to do so should I (or anyone else with some javascript skills) get some information about the page structure used in the browser client.

Possible Future Enhancements
1. Modify to work with other browsers.
2. Modify to work with the model's browser based broadcast client.
3. Display tips as $ amounts (ie. put the amount in dollars next to the amount in tokens).
4. Track different types of countdowns (ie, ranges, etc).
5. Post current count to the room.

Honestly, I have no idea if there is much desire for a tool like this but I figured I would throw it out there since I had already written it for my own use. If you're interested, take a look, play around with it, let me know what you think. As I mentioned above, it's entirely free and you can do whatever you want with it.

Re: Model Assistant v.1 (MFC only)

Hi Kradek! Long time no see! I think it's really awesome that you took the time to do this and it'll come in handy for lots of models/members!

Hi Kradek! Long time no see! I think it's really awesome that you took the time to do this and it'll come in handy for lots of models/members!
Hiya Caps! Thanks! PM me what you're doing with yourself these days.

This looks really cool and useful. Its too bad the model broadcaster works shit in Firefox :(
What are you typically running it in?

Kradek said:
Hiya Caps! Thanks! PM me what you're doing with yourself these days.

This looks really cool and useful. Its too bad the model broadcaster works shit in Firefox :(
What are you typically running it in?

i would love this for chrome.

Reactions: MiaFoxUK

The only way to use this via a broswer, && not the software, yes?

I am also thinking about any vulenerabilities... Passwords, info... Does it not store, or can it attain any of this??

Super cool idea, && I def wanna check it out, but I'm not very trusting. lol.

WOW I am super impressed I hope your able to get it working in Safari that would be AHHHmazing!!!

Thanks you for spending time doing something like this, it's pretty sweet!!

What I would like to see is a script that will help me separate the "thanks" I receive on the forum. Basically, there are the "sincere thanks", the "oops I thanked by mistake", and the newest category the "intended sarcasm thanks". This is pretty important, as I use the thanks to calculate my internet self esteem, and I'd hate for it to be artificially inflated.

The only problem I see is that I'm still using an i386 laptop running WIN-ME and IE 5. This script would give me the incentive to upgrade my system.

Thanks! (if you're keeping track, that was a sincere "thanks")

SNATCH said:
The only way to use this via a broswer, && not the software, yes?
Correct, this will only work in a browser. Also, I would need some information about the broadcaster page in order to get it to work from the model's browser based broadcaster.

SNATCH said:
I am also thinking about any vulenerabilities... Passwords, info... Does it not store, or can it attain any of this??
Understandable. The answer to your first question, does it store passwords, is no, Model Assistant does not interact with your login information in any way. You do not need to take my word for it, if you have serious concerns, the code is available on the userscripts.org site and you, or your programmer friend, can review it at any time.

The answer the second question, could a script like this obtain such information, is yes, someone *could* write a script that could potentially capture this information. This script does not, but such a script could be written. As such, you want to be careful about which scripts you install on your browser.

schlmoe said:
What I would like to see is a script that will help me separate the "thanks" I receive on the forum. Basically, there are the "sincere thanks", the "oops I thanked by mistake", and the newest category the "intended sarcasm thanks". This is pretty important, as I use the thanks to calculate my internet self esteem, and I'd hate for it to be artificially inflated.
Here you go.

Example:
AmberCutieThanksExample.png

Additional thoughts - google translate the chat column, and add a google translated entry box.

A nice accessory for the models, however, there could be problems if it automatically deducts all tips posted in the room if a Model does not count all tips towards the countdown, ie. some models do not count raffle ticket sales nor DVD/dl sales against a count towards goal (topless, naked, specific show) and some members do not want their tips to go towards any specific action, but just want to show their appreciation/fondness towards the model.

Reactions: SexySteph

bud9752 said:
A nice accessory for the models, however, there could be problems if it automatically deducts all tips posted in the room if a Model does not count all tips towards the countdown, ie. some models do not count raffle ticket sales nor DVD/dl sales against a count towards goal (topless, naked, specific show) and some members do not want their tips to go towards any specific action, but just want to show their appreciation/fondness towards the model.
Good points, but semi-difficult to address. Off the top of my head the only way to deal with that would be to throw tips into some sort of approval box that could be accepted/rejected by the model for countdown purposes.

Kradek said:
bud9752 said:
Good points, but semi-difficult to address. Off the top of my head the only way to deal with that would be to throw tips into some sort of approval box that could be accepted/rejected by the model for countdown purposes.
of usernotes added to the tip which stipulate what it is for (topic) - but without a way to ensure that people would add a tip note, it'd be very very unreliable.

Kradek said:
schlmoe said:
Here you go.

Example:
AmberCutieThanksExample.png

Dude, you're awesome! I especially appreciate the "Meh" category. Unfortunately, after seeing the "Boo" for my post, my ise-score (Internet Self Esteem, pronounced "ice", and shortened to "eye-score") took a huge tumble and I'm not sure I have the resolve to go forward with the install.

Script Summary: Detects thank you sincerity for AmberCutie thank yous!
Hahahah that was awesome, and I too enjoy the 'Oops. Meh.' category! :lol:

FifthElephant said:
Additional thoughts - google translate the chat column, and add a google translated entry box.
I can't wait to see how google translate tries to work with things like "mam ur open lag bob"

Kradek said:
How does it work?
MFC posts all the text users and models type in public, and all public tip information, to a straight up HTML section of the page. All Model Assistant does is monitor changes to that section of the page, specifically looking for tip messages. Essentially, it automates what anyone reading the page does manually. It doesn't look at any traffic between the browser and MFC or anything like that, it's strictly monitoring local changes to the page. That does mean, for example, that if someone ninja tips, Model Assistant will not know about that tip (unless they are the model). If you have any concerns about what it is doing behind the scenes, I encourage you or your more technical minded friends to review the source which is easily viewed on the userscripts.org site.

Did you work with a model to get get a snippet of HTML when a user tips? I thought that tips were displayed differently for a model than they are for members, and would therefore use a different html string or it would go undetected.

Also perhaps the easiest way to allow for tips that don't count would be to throw in a little function that allows you to add or subtract to the remaining goal. This should be pretty easy unless you need to differentiate goal specific tips separately for the for statistics.

Also I'm curious to see your source code. :-D

BoltEyeAm said:
Did you work with a model to get get a snippet of HTML when a user tips? I thought that tips were displayed differently for a model than they are for members, and would therefore use a different html string or it would go undetected.
No, currently it's all based on the user side. Since it's just using a regex to figure it out, there are enough screenshots of tips to figure out the text. There's definitely some work remaining to make it a viable tool from the model side.

I think folks are confused by the name. It's called "Model Assistant" but it can only be used on the member side. :think:

AmberCutie said:
I think folks are confused by the name. It's called "Model Assistant" but it can only be used on the member side. :think:
Good point. I can change it to MFC Assistant, which is more accurate as it currently exists.

Also, might I suggest removing the bit that translates the tokens into $? I'm sure there could be an argument on either side, but having a running count of $ right in members faces might have a negative effect on the model.

"OMG, she just made $150 for that countdown and refused to finger her ass, what a greedy bitch!"

I know people can convert it on their own if they wish, but there's a reason MFC uses tokens instead of $ amounts in the first place. ;)

AmberCutie said:
Also, might I suggest removing the bit that translates the tokens into $? I'm sure there could be an argument on either side, but having a running count of $ right in members faces might have a negative effect on the model.

"OMG, she just made $150 for that countdown and refused to finger her ass, what a greedy bitch!"

I know people can convert it on their own if they wish, but there's a reason MFC uses tokens instead of $ amounts in the first place. ;)
Done.

AmberCutie said:

For $150 shouldn't she juggle fire sticks while balancing on a ball and cooking a sponge cake as well as fingering ass?

SirLes said:
AmberCutie said:

For $150 shouldn't she juggle fire sticks while balancing on a ball and cooking a sponge cake as well as fingering ass?

sponge cake as well as fingering ass
SirLes, I may have lost all respect for you now. I thought every knew that only German Chocolate cake goes with ass-fingering.

Reactions: UncleThursday

schlmoe said:
I think we should create a formula to calculate a ACF Score based on the number of postings and the number of thanks, it could be something like:

( Thanks received in period divided by Postings done in period )
multiplied by
( Thanks send in period divided by Thanks received in period )

Code:
Part 1, it's not the quantity but the quality that counts.

Thanks received in period   50   25    100
   Postings done in period     50   50     50
   Result                       1    0.5    2

Part 2, the social factor, its better to give then to receive.

Thanks send in period       50   25    100
   Thanks received in period   50   50     50		
   Result                       1    0.5    2
The period time is ofc 60 days !

Status
Not open for further replies.