AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Has anyone had any experience with GiftRocket?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2012
I have a regular who likes to skype. He's been paying with amazon giftcards but he just sent me this link http://www.giftrocket.com/ and asked if I'd be interested in getting paid that way in the future. Seems great; he pays a very small fee, I get 100% of my profit directly into my bank account, seems like a win-win! It appears to be quite safe but I would feel much better if someone has had personal experience with them. :)

Reactions: NaNatasha
I skimmed the site and it sort of seems like a nice idea, but essentially it's just a card you can use anywhere. For similar cost, he could get you a VISA debit card or whatever it's called for the online-only version.

I always go with Payoneer card loads, it's fairly cheap for the sender and it's 100% safe for the recipient.

Only problem is, with payoneer or VISA they need your real name! With gift rocket, they don't; just your email address is enough. Also, with gift rocket you can have the total amount transferred straight into your bank account or sent to you as a check and they don't share any of your personal info with the sender. So it actually transfers straight to cash! They charge the sender 1-5% and they don't charge you anything unlike payoneer. But I talked to my customer and he told me not to use it with others unless I really trust them or unless it's just a tip because apparently they have policies similar to paypal.. I'm going to look into it.. I trust this guy with not scamming me since he's already bought me amazon gift cards for a hitachi and a logitech c920 and all we've done is chat. But with other guys I think I'll stick to tokens or amazon gcs for now..

Ugh, don't do it. I mean, you can try, and maybe you'll have a good experience, but I was in a similar situation and a regular of mine tried to send me money with GiftRocket, and in the end they denied me the money. Here's the email interaction I had with them...

Sweet Dee:
I received a $300 Giftrocket and redeemed it to my Paypal account three nights ago. My money still has not been transferred to my Paypal account. Please help!!! I need the money ASAP! I want to continue using your service but at the moment it is stressing me out. I hope you can assist me with this issue.

---

GiftRocket:
The system marked this transaction as suspicious and the sender was not charged. Can you explain what you're using the service for?

---

Sweet Dee: My friend was trying to send me money as a birthday gift and we thought your service would be an easy way to do that. What was suspicious about the transaction? I can talk to him and try to sort it out.

---

GiftRocket: Let me check with our security team and see if I can figure out why this happened. Sorry for the inconvenience! It may be too late at this point to charge their card and push the transaction through, but I will check.

Thank you!

---

GiftRocket: Unfortunately we can't revive the transaction. He'll have to pay you another way :). Sorry!

Maybe it's just me, but the last email the guy sent struck me as very condescending. I think what it came down to is that my email address has "MFC" in it, so he assumed that my "friend" was a man trying to pay me for sexual services (which is not the case... even though I met the guy on MFC he wasn't "paying" me for anything). The smiley face he put at the end of his email just seemed so coy and douchey, I don't know. Use of the word "pay" bothered me because I explicitly stated that I was trying to receive a birthday gift and he essentially said, "I don't believe you." I'm probably being oversensitive but this interaction made me feel judged in a way that was really uncomfortable.

In summary... They're definitely no better than Paypal, in my opinion.

I would stick with payoneer. All they need is your email address.

Reactions: 1 person
Guess I was misinformed. Thanks for clearing it up. I have actually already emailed giftrocket to ask them if it'd be a violation of their TOS.. But I guess I'll just stick to payoneer if it seems to be a safer method. :thumbleft:

As mentioned above, in order to receive a private load to your Payoneer account, the loader will only need your e-mail address. They will not have access to your personal information - they will only be able to see your e-mail address (listed on the Payoneer account) and last 4 digits of your card number.

Also please note that you may change the e-mail address on your Payoneer account at any time via your online My Account page (using the "Edit Profile" option).

I'm going out on a limb here because I'm a newbie, but I'm thinking paypal might be to blame for the issues? I have any of you experience problems accepting cards or sending a check through GiftRocket? Lastly, do you just link them on your social networking sites, telling your followers that's a way to tribute you?

thanks guys!

I use giftrocket as payment for skype shows on a regular basis. It's really easy for everyone to use and I cash out my money into my paypal account, which usually happens within an hour or two of receiving payment. My regulars love it and so do I.

I will warn you all that there have been a couple of times in which I've gotten paid through giftrocket and the card was declined. I didn't get my money or a warning about what was going on. Eventually I emailed support and was told what was going on. Every time this has happened, I get a hold of the client and tell him he needs to pay, and he has, but I'm sure that that's not always how it goes.

I've talked with support and told them that they should email us ASAP when the card gets declined that way we aren't taking shows and waiting for payment that's not going to happen, and they reply, but so far haven't done much about it.

I love giftrocket for payments for content and shows, as well as random gifts, but use with caution. I'll be happy to answer any questions you ladies may have about it.

I also will vouch for giftrocket. My policy is if that's their payment method and it's our first session, the show will not go on until I've redeemed the money (ie I click the email link to redeem and get it transferred directly to my bank account, typically takes 2 days.) That way if it's one of those 'get the show now newb so I can go cancel my payment after' kinda time wasters they don't get the chance. I always say this method is 'best when booking a show in advance.' I use MFC and Chaturbate tokens for instant Skype show access if they can't wait... haven't had any problems to date :)

Felicia FyaFly said:
I also will vouch for giftrocket. My policy is if that's their payment method and it's our first session, the show will not go on until I've redeemed the money (ie I click the email link to redeem and get it transferred directly to my bank account, typically takes 2 days.) That way if it's one of those 'get the show now newb so I can go cancel my payment after' kinda time wasters they don't get the chance. I always say this method is 'best when booking a show in advance.' I use MFC and Chaturbate tokens for instant Skype show access if they can't wait... haven't had any problems to date :)
Just know that you can redeem the money and still never get it if their card is declined. It will go through like normal, you'll get the email saying it's on the way, and then nothing. I redeem every single one I get before my shows no matter what and it's still happened to me more than once. I have no idea what's going on until I realize that the money never hit my paypal.

Reactions: Felicia FyaFly
BettyBallistic said:
Felicia FyaFly said:
Just know that you can redeem the money and still never get it if their card is declined. It will go through like normal, you'll get the email saying it's on the way, and then nothing. I redeem every single one I get before my shows no matter what and it's still happened to me more than once. I have no idea what's going on until I realize that the money never hit my paypal.

Exactly ;) I shoulda been more clear in my post. The show does will not go on so to speak until after the money has been redeemed- it usually takes 2 days. Hence best when booking in advance. That's my policy for any shows where egift cards are the payment. It sucks getting ripped off and so many fellas will try to put one over on ya. Always gotta stay on your toes!

SweetDee that's bull how support interacted with you. Not to mention they never came back with their findings from the security team about why it happened; all I can think is the guy told you he was gonna gift you some bday loot, then changed his mind and cancelled the transaction before you could redeem. Totally rubs me the wrong way how support did the little smile in the end talking about payments when clearly that wasn't even the case here. And finally even if it was for an adult transaction (ie adult webcam show) I didn't think their policy was like Paypal's. Can anyone clear this up? I was under the impression that wouldn't be a big deal and the money would come through regardless. Like I said no probs using this method been accepting for a couple months now... I'll stop using it if is like a Paypal... just did a quick google search and didn't come up with much for their terms and conditions.

Reactions: BettyBallistic
Sorry to keep posting on this thread, but it has been said on another forum that giftrocket does not mind that we use them for adult transactions. I myself have spoken with support on numerous occasions. They are aware of what I use their service for and I have never had a problem with them. I have had nothing but good experiences with them, they're usually prompt with replies and very helpful.

To put my use in perspective, I have taken 3 giftrocket payments in the past 24 hours and that's pretty normal for me. The money is usually in my paypal within 2 hours of the customer sending it.

Edit: I'm sorry about your experience, Sweet Dee. I've never heard of them doing that, but the biggest giftrocket I've gotten thus far is $100. The majority of my transactions are multiples of $20-$60. That's pretty unnerving and it really bothers me that they will decline transactions and then not bother to notify the recipient. I've mentioned this to them a few times, hopefully they take my concerns into consideration, because I make them a lot of money and their service is perfect for what we do other than that.

I've been using the ever loving shit out of GiftRocket. I can also confirm, it's okay for adult transactions. I've been using the $$ to pay off my credit card. It takes longer for me to get it, but I've found with Paypal $$, I can;t pay my credit card with it. So this has been perfect to me. I really like the versatility of it. I haven't had one problem either. I will also mention, every time I have emailed them about anything, they have replied within 24 hours. Usually like 2 hours.

I tried using GiftRocket in the past and I had the exact same experience that Dee had. He was sending me $500 though, so I think it may be that just large amounts are flagged.

Finally had my first $100 transaction through GR yesterday... Went through to my PP about 10 mins after I redeemed it. Almost crapped my pants, cause it was technically a US holiday. I still haven't had anything OVER $100 yet... I've started telling people not to send more than that, based on what I've read here.

Vicky_D said:
This maybe a silly question but when you sign up for gift rocket should you use your real name or cam name. Since it can go in your bank account I'm assuming real name. So does the person sending you money see your name or only email?

You don't have to sign up for anything. They can put whatever name they want. Give them your cam email. Then when you redeem the GR, you need to put your real info [Paypal, name, credit card, bank info] depending on what method you chose to receive your $$. You can send a ty note, but I never do, just in case.

I tried sending myself a GR before, for $1, cause I wanted to see how it works, lol. It was fun, hahahaha. ;).

How long does it take for you to get the e-mail stating you have a gift rocket e-card?

MeggyyBaby said:
How long does it take for you to get the e-mail stating you have a gift rocket e-card?
For me, it took between 2 and 5 minutes all 3 times I got a giftrocket.

Ryidia said:
MeggyyBaby said:
hhmmmmm... thanks girl... i think this guy is playing me...

I gotten the email within 5 minutes. Your being played...hope you didn't get him anything ...

So, this happened to me not too long ago && I was like DA FUCK. It was a reg. I didn't get it til like 12 hours later. Turns out he had accidently scheduled it for later that day. Is that what happened to you, or was the guy just a lying asshat?

I tried using GiftRocket once. I was trying to send $100 to a model and got a confirmation E-mail with a transaction number proving that everything went through correctly. Then, the model never got the money. I showed her screenshots of the transaction, just to let her know I wasn't trying to scam her, and we both contacted their support through E-mail. Neither of us ever received a reply after 3-4 contacts each. Finally, the transaction didn't go through and she asked if I'd just send her an Amazon card, which I did. I have no idea what happened but I'll not use GiftRocket again.

I just used GR for the first time. A regular told me about it, and after poking around a bit I decided to go for it, hesitantly. I told him to use my cam name, then I redeemed it for a check with my real name. Got the check in the mail today (a week later) and deposited it with no probs. Still going to proceed with caution if I decide to use it again, in case they can cancel it after its been redeemed, and not being sure if they can see the information I used to redeemed it skeeves me out. I'm just really grateful for the check today!

Reactions: LadyLuna
I've done it. The guy sent me a check which took a month to get to my house! There was some reason I can't remember that direct deposit didn't work... I don't recommend it! Bitcoins are the way of the future ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.