AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Movie Monday, round 5! (And a video game!)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
It has been a pretty violent and undead trip through the last couple of weeks of my movie-going and video gaming! 2 zombie movies, 1 apocalypse movie, and 1 zombie video game. I'll be sleeping with one eye open for a month, I swear.

World War Z
I was most definitely looking forward to this movie because I do enjoy a good zombie flick, and I adore Brad Pitt. I even broke our rule of not going to a movie during opening weekend (especially one that's rated PG-13) because I was so excited to see it.

I had started reading the book by Mel Brooks some time last year, but lost interested because of the format. Now, this is probably what most people will nitpick about the film: "How can it be based on a book that had no main protagonist and was a grouping of short stories?" Well as far as I can tell from what I know of the book, the connection was the origin of the zombie outbreak. And if I recall, all of the sections of the actual book were also based on the zombie outbreak with origins in one particular locale. If there are any other character or plot match-ups from the book, I wouldn't know. But I will say that going into this with the mindset of "if it doesn't follow the details in the book, it sucks" is the wrong one. As a standalone movie, it's wonderfully done.

There were some very fun jumps in the movie, as well as some very tense creepy moments, and a pretty darn good cohesive plot. It was exciting and kept my attention the whole time. I would recommend anyone who enjoys outbreak/zombie flicks to check this one out immediately.

9/10

This is the End
Another movie I've been DYING to see due to the extremely giant cast of current popular actors. And they all play themselves! I would venture to say that people who don't enjoy the main actors in this may not actually like the movie all that much, because it is very much based off of their real lives and careers as far as the comedy goes, and the actual plot and action is so wacky and unbelievable (on purpose). I think the action was exciting, the comedy was perfect, and the surprising little twists and cameos were super fun. I haven't laughed that much at a movie theater in years.

See this ASAP if you're a fan of silly, action-packed comedy. Also, it's rated R so you won't have to deal with the idiot teenagers kicking the back of your seat and talking the whole time.

10/10

Warm Bodies
As zombie movies go, this one is a very tame showing. It's mainly a love story between an undead dude and a living blonde chick. They deal with the trials and tribulations of the rest of the undead scorning him for his actions, and the rest of the living (in the post-apocalyptic military-ruled city) dealing with their blonde chick's reckless decision to protect her undead dude.

It was cute enough for a love story, but this really does seem to have been made for teenagers and middle-schoolers and bored Jawbs to sleep while I struggled to stay awake just to see the resolution. It's a good time killer, and has a few cute funnies in it, but overall wasn't great.

4/10

And now to add something that I've never included in a Movie Monday post before: A Playstation 3 video game! I felt it fit with the theme so I may as well throw it in here.

The Last of Us
All I can say is HOLY EFF. A very creepy, fun, addicting action game based in a long post-apocalyptic setting where there are multiple types of zombies to combat with as well as different human groups who are all after you in one way or another. This game has gotten absolutely rave reviews (as you can see in the link it got a 10/10 from IGN) and Jawbs and I could just not ignore the hype. We played it basically all weekend and are not even 50% complete yet, but can't wait to play more.

The characters are superb (including some great voice acting), the inventory system and finding loot is great, it's plenty bloody and gory for those who are into it, the loading and saving times aren't terrible, and the overall feeling of being able to scout around anywhere is wonderful. One of my favorite things in a game is the feeling of freedom to explore.

Now, I'm really jumpy and chicken when it comes to action games. While I did my share of zombie combat so far, I will admit I am very fast to hand off the controller to Jawbs as soon as it gets too intense. My poor little heart rate can't handle it! I've jumped quite a few times even just watching him fight off the masses. But that just adds to the fun now, doesn't it? :)

For anyone who likes post-apocalyptic environments and action genre games, I suggest this as a must-play.

10/10

Status
Not open for further replies.