AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Amber's Big Move

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
I was a sneaky girl for about the first 6 months of this year. :) I bought a house in Washington state and over the first half of the year, got it fixed up and ready to move into for the summer. We had some things tying us down in Los Angeles for a bit, but finally made the very long drive up here on June 20/21st and have been a resident of Washington since then!

So many feels.

Here are some common questions and answers I've gotten since I dropped the big news on June 23rd during my first (very dimly lit in an empty room) cam session at the new house:

Why would you want to move out of Los Angeles? Are you crazy? Why Washington, of all places? IT RAINS SO MUCH!

I've been a SoCal girl since I was born. I've been there, done that. I loved it for the most part, but I needed a change. The crowds, the traffic, the constantly hot weather even during the holidays when I craved some cold, the very small property we lived on that was surrounded by concrete walls and stinky neighbors (and the fact that a larger more private property would cost close to $1M made moving within the area an unlikely option)... I wanted out of that. I'm not crazy, I need some fresh air!

We chose Washington because it's BEAUTIFUL up here! We came to visit and fell in love with the greenery. There is a nice mix of neighborhoods that are close to the city (for entertainment, social adventures, and conveniences) but far enough removed to have some land and some quiet and wildlife. We have a yard that isn't surrounded by walls, instead it's a wall of beautiful trees and plants and birds. Our dogs are happy little campers! They can roll in the grass and chase birds and run! Also, Washington has the benefit of 1. being free of state income taxes and 2. being on the West coast, which I preferred to stay on. The cost of property here is also wonderful. This house is much larger than our home in LA, with a lot of amenities I was craving, and very comparable in cost.

And I love the rain. And the rain makes things lushly green. I love the greenery. Did I mention that?

What part of Washington, bb?

I'm in the Seattle area, not directly in the city, I'm in the trees. I couldn't have asked for a better location.

What happened to your house in LA?

Some friends of our family were looking to move into our area and our house was ideal for them. We are privately renting it out to them indefinitely. I'm very happy to keep the property "in the family" as it was my first home purchase and has a lot of sentimental meaning.

Why did you keep your move a secret for so long?

It made it even more exciting! Jawbs and I thought it would be a really nice thing for us to keep it as a private matter, just between us and a few friends and our family, until it was complete. My members knew I was up to something since I was rather absent for quite a few days/weeks during the busiest parts of the move and renovation, but it was nice to keep the grueling details to ourselves. Also, I've always been pretty secretive about stuff when it comes to my personal identity, and didn't want to give out any details that would compromise how safe I've been on that front.

I had butterflies in my stomach the weekend that we arrived here, knowing I only had a day or two left until I revealed my big secret, and it was SO FUN sharing it with everyone my first time on cam.

How are you settling in?

Well, we have been here about 3.5 weeks and still have boxes left to unpack, but that's mainly because we are waiting on some furniture deliveries so we have somewhere to unpack the items to! And also because holy moly it's been a lot of work getting things settled around here. The first 7 days, we had Jawbs' father staying with us to help get some things in working order. He helped me a LOT with some outside stuff and lit a fire under our asses to get some major projects done (a ton of landscaping and hauling of junk from around the property, helped us plan our fence which is hopefully installed in the next 2 weeks, helped us pick out our riding lawn mower (I call it my Tractor, it's awesome)). I'm so thankful for the help he gave us, and it was nice having someone share the initial excitement of "being home" with us.

I'm having some trouble adjusting to all the bugs, though! I am sweet as candy to the mosquitos and other insects that land on me. I'll adjust. :)

So there's that! If you have any other questions or comments, reply to this and let's enjoy discussing "Amber's Big Move!" I'm beyond thrilled and happy and (aside from some stupid allergies ailing me right now) loving life. I can see us living here for a very long time. There's a lot more space to breathe!

Here are some of the pics I've tweeted around the new house so far. I have a ton of plants and berry bushes that need a lot of my attention and will post more pics once I figure out just how I'm going to become a yard-work-lovin' girl. :) Feel free to suggest ideas for names of my 2 goldfish that are in my bird bath pond thingy. :)

MF5cVEkl.jpg

10XLhopl.jpg

fSHEizkl.jpg

4B3UdYel.jpg

rM56bxul.jpg

shGgbFz.jpg

025ZxQXl.jpg

Odd factoid.

Although Seattle is overcast more days than Portland (Oregon), it actually rains fewer days than Portland.

(Reason being the marine clouds coming across the Olympics dump most of their water on the rain forest before they reach the Sound.)

We once had a local band here in Portland called "Puddle City." :)

Congratulations on your big move! It looks gorgeous and I'm glad you and the puppies have more room to run around. I love the weather in the PNW!!

:-D I think the "toe" pic is cute. :whistle:
I'm glad you're happier there. Enjoying your surroundings means everything.

:twocents-02cents: If you like Garlic, eating more of it will make you less tasty to the critters. :hello2:

The toe picture looks like something out of a magazine. Grats again on the move.

DuoShi is totally correct. That looks like a pro pic from a major magazine.

Your Operations Security and Communication Security for this were top notch. That made the fun and exciting surprise even better. I totally dig that you're in the PNW in the trees with rain and a nice size piece of land and I'm glad that you are happy and excited.

dilligaf0 said:
:-D I think the "toe" pic is cute. :whistle:
I'm glad you're happier there. Enjoying your surroundings means everything.

:twocents-02cents: If you like Garlic, eating more of it will make you less tasty to the critters. :hello2:
I can definitely attest to this. It's the only way to survive the summers around these parts. :thumbleft:

Reactions: AmberCutie
I know I don't talk much but I felt like I needed to chime in. I am extremely happy for you! The times I do catch you on, I can tell you are beyond happy. That makes everyone else feel ecstatic and sets the mood for the room. Congrats Amber (and Jawbs)! Look forward to many more nights on the Interwebz.

P.S. - Look for a company/business around the area that will spray your yard with mosquito repellent. I was reluctant at first. It got so bad I felt like I was losing a pint of blood every time I stepped outside my new home. Tis much better now.

I'm so happy for you! Your place looks gorgeous!

I can completely relate to the reasons why you wanted to leave LA. I lived in Houston for several years until I realized I couldn't handle all of the concrete any longer. Sure the palm trees and warm weather were nice part of the year, but the summers were hot, humid, and miserable. I found myself spending summers mostly in the comfort of my air-conditioned home instead of enjoying being outside.

I now live in the rural midwest, and I love it!

Congratulations Amber! Your new home sounds amazing.
Now that you're going to be a yard-work-lovin' gal, perhaps you could plant some citronella, basil, and/or catnip?
These plants repel mosquitoes naturally. I can attest to the validity of their effectiveness. They've worked wonders in keeping me, my yard, and patio mosquito free.

Best wishes deary and congrats again!
:-D

Honey_Kiss said:
Congratulations Amber! Your new home sounds amazing.
Now that you're going to be a yard-work-lovin' gal, perhaps you could plant some citronella, basil, and/or catnip?
These plants repel mosquitoes naturally. I can attest to the validity of their effectiveness. They've worked wonders in keeping me, my yard, and patio mosquito free.

Best wishes deary and congrats again!
I'm planning some planter boxes right near my back deck, I could easily get some citronella or basil going! (Though I'm scared my dogs will be too interested in catnip lol.) Thanks for the advice.

PunkInDrublic said:
How big of a backyard you rockin? Got any plans for it besides the fence?
Big.

Keeping it mowed. Adding a new fire pit, maybe some pathing/stepping stones. Planter beds with veggies, peppers and bug-scaring plants. :) Flower garden near my raspberry patch.

Congrats on the upgrade Amber! I was also born in LA and found it stifling every time I went back. Wash/Oregon area is the best in the country [IMO of course] simply because of the trees. most of the folks I know up there are very laid back and have a much better mindset about life in general that the LA folks did.

Here's some assistance for after your move and during new furniture set up

:-D :lol:

Attachments

• funny ikea questions.jpg
    funny ikea questions.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 127
Reactions: goldenaye666
Congrats on the move Amber. One of my cousins lives in the Seattle area. She also has a home in Boise and she raves about the Pacific Northwest area. She is originally from Madison, WI.

I love the outdoors and rural areas. We are much happier where we are now as compared to when we were in the city. There is just something cool about watching a family of wild turkeys walk through your back yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.