AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The wonderful world of domains

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
Earlier this month, Jawbs and I jumped on the new exciting bandwagon of adult .xxx domains and moved the forum to acf.xxx. We were thrilled to have a 3 character domain name, and hell, it looked AWESOME! Grabbing a 3 character domain while it's available is sort of just a no-brainer. There were a few folks who were caught off guard and emailed me in a panic "omg is your site hacked!!11one1!" but in general it went over fine.

However, these .xxx domains are coming under some controversy and many big name adult companies are currently fighting against it. Here's an article about it that you may find helpful.

Now, I know I'm an itty-bitty-small-fry in the adult industry, but I certainly want to show my support to the adult industry. Jawbs has switched us back to the worn-in and comfy ambercutie.com/forums domain.

There shouldn't be any problems with you logging in, but if you do run into any difficulty, please accept my apologies and appreciation for your patience and understanding. You can try clearing your cookies for ambercutie.com then attempt to log in again, that should help. The ACF would be nowhere without you fine people, and I hope you'll continue to enjoy it!

:text-thankyouyellow:

That's a very interesting debate, and while the acf.xxx domain looked great I think altogether the adult industry, and us "customers", would be potentially better off if it hadn't existed. It doesn't really do anything other than extort money from businesses scared their names will be used in a .xxx site, and in fact paints a big red target allowing blocking/marginalisation and descrimination against those domains.

Good decision to go back to .com I think guys!

It was a good decision to switch back. Don't be surprised if ICM contact you asking what you are planning to do with this domain.

Ah... and I'd say: No boobies flash for Jawbs for 1 week! :p

Jawbs said:
omg you should so like fire jawbs! :text-banplz: :text-givemebeer:

Nah, don't fire or ban him. Give him some more beer to keep him around to do the fetching and carrying and shit like that. As a long time go-fer, I can tell you that no business can stay afloat without out that kind of stuff... ;)

The only people making a lot of money off this is the registrar operating .xxx Since now corporations, education institutions et al want to pick up domains that they don't want used for adult purposes... Win or loose, the majority of people and adult sites still use traditional domains.

PS: That said, nice short adult domain Sweet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.