AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Eggs, space, and beyond.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
This just in! AmberCutie can NOT make very good hardboiled eggs. I think maybe I didn't leave them in long enough, since the yolk seems a bit soft, but at least there's no grey discoloration. Also, peeling them takes like 10 mins a piece. Durrr, maybe next time they will come out better. My gramma used to poke a pin-sized hole in the eggs before boiling, and people around the web say it makes them easier to peel, so that could be something I try in the future.

Maybe I should just stick to cookies and pasta. Or just pasta.

Jawbs and I finished the complete season of Battlestar Galactica a couple nights ago. I'm actually sad that it's over. I really started to love all of the characters, and I'm sad that the other BSG shows that are still available to watch won't include the same cast. Starbuck was my favorite, and I am a little disappointed that the last episode didn't wrap up her story quite as clearly as I'd hoped during the whole last season. And I seriously feel bad for Lee. Wonder what the future holds for him after that devastating last episode.

As far as characters that I didn't love... well let's just say there wasn't a single episode that I didn't exclaim "Will someone PLEASE just kill him?!" about Gaius Baltar. That guy peeved me on so many levels. From his ridiculous greasy hair, to his episodes with the Jesus beard, to his sometimes awful acting (dude, just opening your eyes as wide as they will go doesn't necessarily mean you're being dramatic), to the fact that sometimes people could hear/see him talking to his imaginary Six and sometimes they couldn't. I wasn't a fan from the beginning, and even the last episode didn't reel me into his fan club.

Speaking of Six, there were moments I found her really ugly, and other times she looked hot as hell. Her mouth bothered me most, I think. The way she talked through her teeth (and she has a LOT of them) when she was trying to be super serious. In the episodes where her copies had longer, wavy, darker hair I thought she was gorgeous. And don't get me started on that one scene that she was in sweats and a ponytail. She looked better dressed down, I think. I wish they'd have had more casual copies of her.

Overall I was satisfied with the ending. It felt somewhat resolved, and the timing of the end was perfect. I don't think they could have strung along another season of plot without being too repetitive. I think we are going to give Caprica a shot, but I'm not completely convinced it will have the same appeal for us. We also still have "The Plan" to watch, and apparently "Blood and Chrome" is in the making.

We will watch the entirety of Firefly soon, I promise. :)

As we are getting more and more sunny days here in LA, I am starting to really look forward to the summer. Our orange tree is in full blossom and smells delicious, some of my plants that I got a handful of months ago are growing and healthy, and the pool is looking very inviting. I can't wait until it's nice and warm so we can hop in with a beer or fruity beverage and relax.

Enough ramblings for now. Feel free to chime in with thoughts about BSG or your recommendations about hardboiling eggs. :mrgreen:

Start with eggs at room temperature, arrange the eggs in a single layer, cover them with cold water by about an inch over the top. Bring them to a boil without covering the pan. Turn off the heat, cover and let them stand for about 15 minutes. Then transfer the eggs to chilled water to stop the cooking process and to help make it easier to peel. Peel under cold running water seems to help. Also several day old eggs peel easier.

You should be able to make this odorous farts after consumption. :)

I didn't really get into Caprica and I think the series got canned before it concluded.

BullFrogBlues said:
Start with eggs at room temperature, arrange the eggs in a single layer, cover them with cold water by about an inch over the top. Bring them to a boil without covering the pan. Turn off the heat, cover and let them stand for about 15 minutes. Then transfer the eggs to chilled water to stop the cooking process and to help make it easier to peel. Peel under cold running water seems to help.
Step by step, that's exactly what I did, except they were cold to start. I've never let eggs get room temperature, I was raised to think that letting an egg get warm was bad. lol

I recently tried to do a dozen eggs by boiling them and then shutting off the heat and letting them sit for 15mins - no beuno they were not cooked at all!! LOL Well I figured I needed to

A) let them come to room temperature before boiling

and/or

B) let them come to a more complete aka rolling boil - think I took them off too quick. <<

I put them back on for 10mins at a full boil and they cooked perfectly but DID not peel well at all ! OMG what a nightmare!

I was told that how easily they peel has a lot to do with the age of the egg.

If you take the hard boiled egg and chip a little hole in one end and put it to your mouth and BLOW, the peel will separate off the egg and the shell will sluff off easy when you peel it.

You can skin a deer the same way... but you have to use an air compressor.
:lol:

AmberCutie said:
BullFrogBlues said:
Start with eggs at room temperature, arrange the eggs in a single layer, cover them with cold water by about an inch over the top. Bring them to a boil without covering the pan. Turn off the heat, cover and let them stand for about 15 minutes. Then transfer the eggs to chilled water to stop the cooking process and to help make it easier to peel. Peel under cold running water seems to help.
Step by step, that's exactly what I did, except they were cold to start. I've never let eggs get room temperature, I was raised to think that letting an egg get warm was bad. lol

Maybe I should add to a rolling boil.

Just googled, someone said about the same but had 17 minutes, chilled, then back into boiling water again for 2 minutes and they peel easier.

Also I guess the size of the egg will also affect the result.

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Factsheets/Foc ... hell_Eggs/ says eggs should only be left out of the fridge for 2 hours. Fraidy cats. For years eggs were sold unrefrigerated.

Paulie Walnuts said:
If you take the hard boiled egg and chip a little hole in one end and put it to your mouth and BLOW, the peel will separate off the egg and the shell will sluff off easy when you peel it.
I am SO going to try this with my next one. :D

I didn't know they did that on "swamp people"... I haven't watched the show.
I should it sounds like a hoot.

Inflating a deer carcass with air is a great way to skin them and get next to no hair on the meat, I hate that.

Oh and the chip/blow thing will go badly if you cooked em wrong and they are stuck to the shell. it only works on more or less properly boiled eggs. I'm not sure WHY some stick to the shell, but it cant be the cooking, I can boil a dozen in the same pot and have one turn out that way and the rest are fine.

It must be some kinda defect in the individual egg itself? :think:

I've been steaming mine for the last few yrs, they always come out perfect and I dont have to watch them. A half cup of water, hit the button and come back whenever, the steamer shuts itself off when the water is gone. Good for absent minded people like me, I walk away to do something and come back when I smell a dry pot with eggs in it smoking.

I wonder if an air compressor gun would blow the shell off a hard boiled egg if you blasted it into a hole at the top?

:dance: I'm off to steam a few eggs and charge up the air tank.

Paulie Walnuts said:
I smell a dry pot with eggs in it smoking.

I did that once, boiling some eggs and then went out or something, oh boy don't burnt eggs stink and they ruined the saucepan.

AmberCutie said:
Paulie Walnuts said:

Call me an obsessive foodie, but here goes...

Hard boiled eggs are best made in simmering, slightly salted water for approx 12 mins (or the equivalent, steamed), and then cooled in COLD water to separate the peel from the insides of the egg. I'm speculating that the cold water blast creates a contraction to loosen the shell, but this is all theory here. It may have to do with the thickness of the shell too, but I digress.

If done correctly, the shells should come off clean as you crack the shell - you sorta 'rub' the shell and it peels right off, perfectly. Or, you can use the baking soda and blow method, as described by Paulie. Here's a video link to make things a little easier ;D

yeah he got the blow thing there... it works. Thats a different way I'll have to try, popping it out of the shell that way.

Cool!

Hard boiled eggs
Put eggs in to pot fill pot with cold water bring to full rolling boil.
Then remove from heat cover the pot with lid and set aside for 15 mins.
After 15 min pour out the water out and place the pot int the sink under the faucet let cold water run over the eggs for a few mins.
Shocking the eggs with cold water helps you peel them.
Letting the eggs sit for 15 min perfectly cooks the eggs.
Also, eggs that are not really fresh have a larger air pocket which also makes it easier to peal them.

I love me some hard boiled eggs chopped n' smothered in mayonnaise on white toast.

<Sorry I didn't read any post before I responded. Funny how BFB an my responses are almost exactly the same. He must have watched Julia Child as a kid too. Using eggs that are room tempeture is a good idea. Just take them out of the fridge 30 mins. before you use them. > now I will go read what everyone else said. hehe :lol:

Paulie Walnuts wrote:

GROUP SHOW SUGGESTION: 1200 tokens till Ambah Blows Hard Boiled Eggs! :lol:

... why would anyone put eggs in the fridge? They're porous and therefore likely to absorb any odours emitted by other foods in there - you don't really want funny tasting eggs.

hornygods said:
... why would anyone put eggs in the fridge? They're porous and therefore likely to absorb any odours emitted by other foods in there - you don't really want funny tasting eggs.
I refrigerate eggs and so does my family; I've never found a problem with odors. Of course I avoid storing limburger cheese in the fridge. :lol: Another trick: keep a box of bicarbonate of soda in the fridge--it absorbs odors.

I read in a book once that the trick is this:

Throw your eggs in a pot of cold water. Once it starts boiling rapidly, just put a lid on it, and forget about it bb! Once the water has cooled down (you are supposed to forget about it right?) they will be perfectly done EVERY TIME.

Its true too, I have no idea how long they really take to cook and my eggs are PERFECTLY boiled every time.

http://bakerlady.wordpress.com/2011/04/22/perfect-hard-boiled-eggs/

Paulie Walnuts wrote:

Uhmmm. I don't want someone blowing all over my hard boiled egg. Just my things, of course. :)

When I make hard boiled eggs, I make a dozen at a time. They can sit in the fridge afterward and be a quick snack for a few days.

As for cooking, I'm with LilRed. I boil the bejezus out of the suckers (turn on the stove and go do something else) and then quickly cool them with cold running water. Just set the pot in the sink and start running cold water into the pan (full of boiling water) until the eggs are thoroughly cold. I might leave the cold water trickling into the pan for 20 minutes.

I don't know about how it affects the ease of peeling, but it's a food safety thing. I don't want hot eggs sitting in the fridge and taking a long time to cool. If any of them have cracked when boiling and are still warm, they are perfect growth media for bacteria.

oooops! After reading your post Miss Spiky Lady, I realized I forgot the most important thing...

Once your eggs start boiling rapidly, TURN OFF THE HEAT!!! and THEN put a LID on it and leave it. Forget them for a while now, it is safe! The steam and hot water will cook the eggs perfectly every time. NEVER forget about a pan on a flaming stove-- sheesh, I must be a lil' bit brain damaged or something. :mrgreen:

No Party Zone: Don’t let your eggs sit there partying in boiling water. Take them off the heat as soon as they start to boil. This method is a much slower cook than boiling water would be, which makes it much harder to overcook them. Even if you forget about them and they cook for a few extra minutes, chances are they still won’t get gray and dried out. If you are like me and cannot just stand around the kitchen waiting for a timer to go off, this is much more forgiving when you forget about your eggs because you were trying to get a load of laundry folded.

http://bakerlady.wordpress.com/2011/04/22/perfect-hard-boiled-eggs/

By the end of BSG I was kinda glad it was over, with the Jimi Hendrix song seeming to take some kind of mystical meaning throughout, to the whole "world ended but cylons are really humans and this is all set in the past" stuff...yeah I felt like it started to get a bit loopy.

Oh and I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised because the original battlestar galactica, the 12 colonies coming from outer space etc etc was all loosely based in mormonism, the creator was mormon. And hey, no-one outdoes the mormons when it comes to bat-shit-craziness.

:eek:ccasion5: Here's hoping you don't all elect one to be your next president because anyone who believes in polygamous space-gods, native americans being long lost jews, and magic underpants, is probably bad news for you AND the world.

Reactions: Nordling
Last night I tried the bring to boil, turn off heat, cover pot with a tight fitting lid and let sit for 10 minutes before transferring into ice cold water for a dozen large eggs. It worked great, perfect yolks with no green or gray and easy to peel. I tried the crack & peel ends before blowing the egg out, but all that happened was the sides of the eggs cracked releasing the air pressure.

Basic egg info:

What should I look for when buying eggs?

Purchase only clean, unbroken, odor-free eggs. Quality is indicated by egg grade, not size. A process called candling, in which eggs are held in front of a light source, allows egg graders and inspectors to observe the size of the air pocket (an indicator of quality and age), the condition of the yolk and the white, and any hidden defects. These factors, along with shell soundness, cleanliness and shape, are used to classify eggs as Grade AA, Grade A or Grade B. AA and A are the grades most commonly marketed at retail. Grade AA eggs are the highest quality, but there is no difference in nutritive value among the different grades.

What are the different size classifications for eggs?
The official size or weight classes are:

size minimum net weight per dozen
(without carton)
jumbo 30 ounces
extra large 27 ounces
large 24 ounces
medium 21 ounces
small 18 ounces
For accurate price comparison when purchasing eggs, compare different sizes of the same grade.

What information is included on the egg carton label?

All eggs sold at retail must be prepackaged in new cartons. Labels must include the grade, size, candling date, and name and address of the packer, distributor or retail store. Although not required by law, operators are encouraged to stamp cartons with a date by which eggs should be sold.

The candling, or Julian, date is a three-digit number indicating the specific day of the year on which the eggs were graded, sized and packed. For example, the number 001 would represent Jan. 1, while 365 would be Dec. 31. This number provides an indication of the eggs' freshness.

Eggs cannot be sold at retail more than 30 days after the candling date. To prevent eggs from being sold beyond this time frame, many packers mark cartons with a "sell by" date. The "sell by" date, also called the expiration date, must not exceed 30 days after the candling date. After the expiration date has passed, unsold eggs are returned to the supplier where they may be recertified by trained graders or shipped to egg breaking plants for processing into liquid, frozen or dried eggs.

Is it safe to use eggs after the "sell by" or expiration date has passed?

Yes. "Sell by" or expiration codes indicate freshness, not necessarily wholesomeness. Since egg quality deteriorates over time, "sell by" dates are used to ensure the grade specified on the label is accurate. If stored properly, eggs may be safely consumed several weeks beyond the expiration date. If safely preserved, eggs will be good for 9 months to a year using the following method: http://preparednesspro.com/safely-preserving-eggs/

:lol: But the first alleged chicken mother, being a chicken herself, began HER life as an egg.

Thus, "the egg came first."

Status
Not open for further replies.