AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

AMOUNT Model Receives

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2012
I'm sure this has been addressed in other post, but really could not find it. It is generally understood models receives $5 per 100 tokens. Is this the same whether they are in studio or at home?
So member pays 75 for 900 tokens. Member gives the 900 tokens to model. The model receives $45. Who gets the other $30? I think I know, but more interested in knowing if home models and studio models receive the same.

Bendit01 said:
I'm sure this has been addressed in other post, but really could not find it. It is generally understood models receives $5 per 100 tokens. Is this the same whether they are in studio or at home?
So member pays 75 for 900 tokens. Member gives the 900 tokens to model. The model receives $45. Who gets the other $30? I think I know, but more interested in knowing if home models and studio models receive the same.

MFC gets $75 when you purchase the 900 tokens. They then pay the model $45 at the end of the pay period after you tipped her the 900 tokens, leaving MFC with the extra $30. Its really not a difficult concept.

Thanks Comic I understand what your saying. However, my other question was does the model who works at home versus studio model get the same. According to Cammistar the answer is no. Which makes sense, since the studio needs to get paid. Just ddint know if the studio got there portion from the $30 or from the model portion.

Bendit01 said:
Thanks Comic I understand what your saying. However, my other question was does the model who works at home versus studio model get the same. According to Cammistar the answer is no. Which makes sense, since the studio needs to get paid. Just ddint know if the studio got there portion from the $30 or from the model portion.

AFAIK the studio get their money from the models shares. Two models I knew that worked for studios got only $.04 per token instead of $.05.
It is also worth noting that MFC is relatively generous as far as sharing revenue with models, for instance Streammates the models only get 35%, and I think for most other places the split is typically 50%.

Does anybody know if any of the studios have negotiated with MFC or other cam sites to get a higher split? It would seem logical that they'd try.

Cammi has it right. Studios take their share from the models portion and MFC would likely never negotiate better splits for studios because that would be bad business for them.

Reactions: LadyLuna
I don't think it makes sense that a studio would get part of the money spent on tokens. Here's why:

ComicOzzie spends $20 on 200 tokens (paying a full $0.10 per token). Then he spends $75 on 900 tokens (paying only $0.08 per token). ComicOzzie now has 1100 tokens total.

ComicOzzie tips a non-studio model 100 tokens. Yay! She just made $5.

ComicOzzie then tips a studio model 500 tokens. Assuming the studio model makes four cents a token, she just made $20.

Then the studio turns around and says, "our model just got tipped 500 tokens. Give us an extra 15% per token." MFC says, "great. Can you tell us how much ComicOzzie originally spent on each token? Because for one package he spent ten cents a token, and on the other he spent eight cents. We don't track every single token on this site and we cannot determine the actual amount spent on each token."

So the studio turns around and says, "our model just got tipped 500 tokens. Give us an extra cent per token." So MFC says, "great, we fucking love losing up to 15% of our profits on every token tipped to a studio model."

Studios already get paid for making money, I don't see any reason why MFC would agree to give studios more money for making money in the first place. Surely MFC isn't so desperate for more studios to sign up that they are throwing money at them.

I work at a studio and the only thing the studio takes from me is room fees. we use streamate, so I keep my 35%. at the end of the pay period, the office lady just calculates how much to take out. but the girls that started in the studio but work from home now earn 30% and obviously have no room fees.

there's other studios in town that girls only earn 18% and pay room fees, so it all depends on the studio.

Had a friend the other day insist that she only makes 2.5 cents per token received, and that every model on this forum was wrong about how much money they make. "I know how to do math". So I just stopped talking to her because the whole situation irritated me :p

Reactions: AnaVictoriaXO
I also know models that make as low as 1.5cents per token at times... the normal for them is 3 cents per, usually depending on how greedy the boss is feeling on that particular day or if she's been pissed off at someone for something.
Talking percentages is actually over complicating things where MFC is concerned simply because purchase price is on a sliding scale and mfc is the one that makes more or less from the purchase and studios are seldom a 'set in stone' takeout. As said, for the payout nickle, the split of that depends on if the studio adds fees and also the initial cut the studio takes.
I feel for the studio girls simply bc the amounts are so fluid.
Indy, if you have the availability, is the only way to go.

CammiStar said:
HiGirlsRHot said:
Bendit01 said:

AFAIK the studio get their money from the models shares. Two models I knew that worked for studios got only $.04 per token instead of $.05.
It is also worth noting that MFC is relatively generous as far as sharing revenue with models, for instance Streammates the models only get 35%, and I think for most other places the split is typically 50%.

Does anybody know if any of the studios have negotiated with MFC or other cam sites to get a higher split? It would seem logical that they'd try.

Why would MFC give a studio a higher split? How would MFC benefit from that?

I just asked a question didn't state it as fact. If for instance all of the top models in say Romanian worked for a single studio,and the study went to to MFC and said look we train models, and do things like a get a dozen model on cams at once (AngelicaParty) which are very popular with your members. If you don't cut us in on a bigger piece of the action, we are going to move all our models to Streammates or Chaturbate and take plenty of your best members with us. In these circumstances I'd think MFC would playball. Of course this isn't something that would likely be common knowledge or people would discuss in an open forum.

HiGirlsRHot said:
I just asked a question didn't state it as fact. If for instance all of the top models in say Romanian worked for a single studio,and the study went to to MFC and said look we train models, and do things like a get a dozen model on cams at once (AngelicaParty) which are very popular with your members. If you don't cut us in on a bigger piece of the action, we are going to move all our models to Streammates or Chaturbate and take plenty of your best members with us. In these circumstances I'd think MFC would playball. Of course this isn't something that would likely be common knowledge or people would discuss in an open forum.
MFC pays out a higher rate than other sites, i don't know if all or most but more than some. If they were to decide they don't like the mfc rate, do what you said and moved, they would then have to make more on that site just to make the same amount as they would have on mfc.That's one card mfc has to back itself in a situation like you state. Plus it's a risk and who knows if it would work out better for them or not on another site.

most eastern euro /russian studios (that I know because i've talked to the model) take 50% of what their girl earns. if they're actually ina studio. so the model on mfc gets 2.5 cents of every token.
if they're a studio model but work from home, they usually negotiate a different percentage with their studio to make it worth their while to work from home.

Also, most studio girls already work multiple sites. So they wouldn't be changing sites, they'd be dropping one source off.

Reactions: 1 person
Studios are (SUPPOSED) to work for the models.

Here's an example:

You're an interior designer who contracts out to several large corporations. You decide that its more professional and easier for you to work from an office than from home.
You rent an office space out of a large business building. YOU COULD be doing it from home but maybe you don't have a good enough connection, or enough space or whatever so you decide to pay a portion of your PAY to cover renting the office. The big corporation you contract for is not going to pay for your office, you are.

Big corporation = Camsite
You = Model
Office space you rent = Studio.

A model makes the choice (theoretically) to work from a studio rather than home, so she should pay the studio, not the site she works for.

SoTxBob said:
I also know models that make as low as 1.5cents per token at times... the normal for them is 3 cents per.

Yup, a long time ago I was with an MFC studio (not realizing it was a studio) making like $0.038/token or something like that. I remember getting paid and being disappointed because I had THOUGHT they calculated it wrong (I was expecting $0.05/token).

Reactions: LadyLuna
Evvie said:
I don't think it makes sense that a studio would get part of the money spent on tokens. Here's why:

ComicOzzie spends $20 on 200 tokens (paying a full $0.10 per token). Then he spends $75 on 900 tokens (paying only $0.08 per token). ComicOzzie now has 1100 tokens total.

ComicOzzie tips a non-studio model 100 tokens. Yay! She just made $5.

ComicOzzie then tips a studio model 500 tokens. Assuming the studio model makes four cents a token, she just made $20.

Then the studio turns around and says, "our model just got tipped 500 tokens. Give us an extra 15% per token." MFC says, "great. Can you tell us how much ComicOzzie originally spent on each token? Because for one package he spent ten cents a token, and on the other he spent eight cents. We don't track every single token on this site and we cannot determine the actual amount spent on each token."

So the studio turns around and says, "our model just got tipped 500 tokens. Give us an extra cent per token." So MFC says, "great, we fucking love losing up to 15% of our profits on every token tipped to a studio model."

Studios already get paid for making money, I don't see any reason why MFC would agree to give studios more money for making money in the first place. Surely MFC isn't so desperate for more studios to sign up that they are throwing money at them.

Your example makes perfect sense, except for the part about me tipping 500 tokens. :lol:

Bendit01 said:

Might I just add that a model that works "For a studio" is not necessarily a model that works "in a studio" she can be at home as well.

When I first signed up, all I did was google webcamming knowing next to nothing about it and signed up via an internet "studio" which filled out all my info and linked me to MFC. In fairness, I had no idea what MFC was and wouldn't have known to sign up myself. In unfairness, I got paid .04 a token for months because the studio "helped" me... they didn't do a thing, and I was the dummy who didn't even realize I was losing money to them. So I was doing my own thing, working from my house making money and they got a cut. They got a few hundred out of me until I learned how it worked. I applaud places like this for helping newbies and wish I'd signed up sooner! My "studio" was also based out the UK so weird and would take an extra 2-3 days to pay me after MFC sent it's payouts. Oh well, lessoned learned.

LuckySmiles said:
Bendit01 said:

Might I just add that a model that works "For a studio" is not necessarily a model that works "in a studio" she can be at home as well.

When I first signed up, all I did was google webcamming knowing next to nothing about it and signed up via an internet "studio" which filled out all my info and linked me to MFC. In fairness, I had no idea what MFC was and wouldn't have known to sign up myself. In unfairness, I got paid .04 a token for months because the studio "helped" me... they didn't do a thing, and I was the dummy who didn't even realize I was losing money to them. So I was doing my own thing, working from my house making money and they got a cut. They got a few hundred out of me until I learned how it worked. I applaud places like this for helping newbies and wish I'd signed up sooner! My "studio" was also based out the UK so weird and would take an extra 2-3 days to pay me after MFC sent it's payouts. Oh well, lessoned learned.

i think alot of us just got lucky.. i signed up at livejasmin because it was stated at the highest visited camsite at that time...
they directed me to mfc with a weird story about beeing affliated with them.. and thats how i signed up solo at mfc.. (i still feel they thought i wasn't cammaterial so thats why they directed me to mfc...)
i could have just as well signed up with a shady studio having no idea thats not how its supose to be..

studio's that contract girls from home are scammers.. there is no promiss what so ever that a studio girl will do better working through one..
and since mfc cancelled the whole asian models/studio sign up.. there really isn't a reason to be with one..
i also dont think mfc gives a crap if a studio leaves or not... i assume more models are independant.. as long as the high earners are... no shits were given... trust me

Status
Not open for further replies.