AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Need some advice on a unique situation

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 17, 2011
Detroit Area
Okay, weird story here.

I have a friend, i'm not gonna say her name, or where she's from. I met her back in spring 2011. She disappeared for a while, came back several months later, but only for a couple days. Then she vanished again. I was following her on Twitter, we exchanged a few tweets, nothing major.

Then a few months ago, she started tweeting again, we went back and forth, at one point she offered to add me as a friend on Facebook. I added her. First thing I noticed was that her FB account wasn't some sort of MFC only account. This was her actual real personal FB account. Within half an hour of adding her, she messaged me and rather sternly told me not to speak of mfc on there.

Over the past 3 or 4 months she and I have gotten rather close. Swapped cell numbers even, Taking into account that she and i barely knew each other on MFC. Almost all our communication has been on facebook. Call me stupid but I really don't think of her as a model friend. I've never tipped her and we've never really interacted on mfc. (and no i'm not delusional and thinking of some sort of hookup bs. She's taken, I've seen photos of her boyfriend on there, he's built like a linebacker, not someone to fuck with)

She's been on hiatus from mfc the whole time. But now she's about to start working on mfc again.

So my question is this: Do i even DARE to actually visit her room on mfc when she does start back up? I'm thinking it would be very foolish to take a really good friendship and mix it with MFC. Seems like a recipe for disaster.

Am I right in thinking that this needs to be kept seperate from MFC?

If you met her on MFC, and have no romantic interest then why wouldn't you visit her while you're there (if you want to). Not saying you have to open your cam for her to watch you jerk off or something lol, but just be the same to her as normal, (respect that she IS in fact working tho) and just be cool.

Reactions: Nordling
Dude, You could probably just ask her! You're "buddies" so if I was her and you were my buddy I wouldn't think it was terribly awkward or weird to just answer your question. I have no idea what *her answer* would be, but the question in and of itself probably wouldn't make her uneasy (it's a reasonable and thoughtful question and it doesn't sound to me that you're the confrontational or grossly misguided type) honestly, In the context of questions-we-camgirls-might-encounter it doesn't even begin to qualify as creepy & weird lol, you'd have to try WAY harder than that to scare most camgirls :) I think it's great that you've given it some thought and want to proceed as respectfully as possible, but don't bother overthinking it too much!

I agree with what LovelyLemon said and you should ask her, it's the best way to find out for sure.

I made friends with a model but on mfc. Once we had become friends, i said to her that if she ever felt uncomfortable with me watching her shows to let me know and i'd stop but we could still be friends. She told me that it didn't bother her in the slightest and she'd actually miss me so i shouldn't consider that possibility, it was fun to have her friends in her room. Now i know where i stand without thinking about it.
Just remember to keep anything from facebook, including that she has one, out of conversations on mfc.

I think step one is to figure out if you want to visit her room on MFC since you seem a bit ambivalent. If you do decide that you want to then, I think makes perfect sense to ask her and respect her wishes.

Akula45 said:
Okay, weird story here.

I have a friend, i'm not gonna say her name, or where she's from. I met her back in spring 2011. She disappeared for a while, came back several months later, but only for a couple days. Then she vanished again. I was following her on Twitter, we exchanged a few tweets, nothing major.

Then a few months ago, she started tweeting again, we went back and forth, at one point she offered to add me as a friend on Facebook. I added her. First thing I noticed was that her FB account wasn't some sort of MFC only account. This was her actual real personal FB account. Within half an hour of adding her, she messaged me and rather sternly told me not to speak of mfc on there.

Over the past 3 or 4 months she and I have gotten rather close. Swapped cell numbers even, Taking into account that she and i barely knew each other on MFC. Almost all our communication has been on facebook. Call me stupid but I really don't think of her as a model friend. I've never tipped her and we've never really interacted on mfc. (and no i'm not delusional and thinking of some sort of hookup bs. She's taken, I've seen photos of her boyfriend on there, he's built like a linebacker, not someone to fuck with)

She's been on hiatus from mfc the whole time. But now she's about to start working on mfc again.

So my question is this: Do i even DARE to actually visit her room on mfc when she does start back up? I'm thinking it would be very foolish to take a really good friendship and mix it with MFC. Seems like a recipe for disaster.

There seems to be a lot missing from this story. That being said, the best advice has already been given. Ask her if you should visit her on MFC. If it is a good friendship you should be able to discuss this with her. Personally, I would keep it separate since you already have misgivings about mixing friendship with MFC or you would not be posting here. :twocents-02cents:

Reactions: 16_bit
JickyJuly said:
If you never tipped her anyway, no. Don't go back.
good point, just be friends without seeing her naked if it'll just amount to distracting her from work

Reactions: JickyJuly
JickyJuly said:

once again.. even tho MFC is "the workplace," this seems to point to a camgirl not being able to have friendships that don't involve money.... to me, that's sad. :(

I have a number of CG friends that have voluntarily given me all their real life info that I seldom tip or only "joke tip" with very small amounts. Like the OP, we converse frequently IRL. I have also asked them about the "weirdness factor" and they all say something to the effect of "don't be silly. You're a good friend and I like your company no matter where it is." The advice seems pretty unanimous here.... ask her if she wants you to come visit her room when shes working. :thumbleft:

As others have said, it's probably not a big deal to ask your friend if she finds it awkward if you come by her room. That said, I'd guess it would be more likely that you'd find it uncomfortable than she would. Given her profession, she's probably used to being seen nude and doing whatever is normal for her on cam by people who have come to be her friends (unless she's strictly non-nude, of course). It may be a more unusual situation for you, having a friend doing "adult stuff" in front of you. Also, I can see where it would be hard to remain silent if guys are being rude to your friend -- you may have to remind yourself that dealing with that is part of her job and something you should let her handle. In summary, asking her what she thinks is a reasonable step, but I think the main thing is to decide whether you'll be comfortable with it.

SoTxBob said:
JickyJuly said:

once again.. even tho MFC is "the workplace," this seems to point to a camgirl not being able to have friendships that don't involve money.... to me, that's sad. :(

I have a number of CG friends that have voluntarily given me all their real life info that I seldom tip or only "joke tip" with very small amounts. Like the OP, we converse frequently IRL. I have also asked them about the "weirdness factor" and they all say something to the effect of "don't be silly. You're a good friend and I like your company no matter where it is." The advice seems pretty unanimous here.... ask her if she wants you to come visit her room when shes working. :thumbleft:
There's a big difference between tipping small amounts and
Akula45 said:
I've never tipped her
Tipping a model who gives you here time doesn't deteriorate the opportunity to build a friendship. If a model is offering friendship, that's up to her. Building a friendship is no excuse to kick around MFC and never tip.

JickyJuly said:
Tipping a model who gives you here time doesn't deteriorate the opportunity to build a friendship. If a model is offering friendship, that's up to her. Building a friendship is no excuse to kick around MFC and never tip.
It's true, and I sometimes tip models I consider friends just because I genuinely like them and tipping is an immediate, obvious and helpful way to show I appreciate them. No I don't give IRL money...but I might buy them coffee or something so it's the same.

I wouldn't go to her MFC room. You're friends, you value the friendship, and unless you think something can come of it which would be a foolish conclusion given she has a boyfriend, I don't see why seeing her naked and possibly doing sexy stuff would be a thing you'd gamble on.

Akula45 said:
Okay, weird story here....

Lotta good advice here, Akula....at the top of it is Lovely Lemon's....ask your friend

I am not even clear why you brought your question here...it sounds like at least 80% of this relationship has nothing to do with MFC...my guess is that it has something to do with ALMOST having lost touch with a model/friend completely, and then having it rekindled as a friend/model....camland seems to have a way of creating these internal "what should I do" conflicts, regardless of what we tell ourselves is true.

If it were me, and I was as happy with the friendship now as you seem to be, I'd stay as far away from MFC as possible :whistle:

From my own experience with having a friend who is on MFC.. it's not a big deal just hanging out in the room and chatting. And in my case it doesn't really matter if she's naked or not. I honestly don't really notice.

But you might want to avoid watching her shows. That can get awkward. It can really put you in a weird place if you're not careful.

But I would ask her what she's comfortable with, if anything. And if she has any expectations of you watching anything you're not comfortable with, explain your situation to her gently. I'd expect her to understand if it's weird for you.

Reactions: bob
Well you can see the most consistent advice given is to ask her. You're seeing this
advice repeated for a reason... it's what you should do. I do think it would be a
bit strange to lurk on MFC with your friend if you never tip and do not intend to. I
have a friend I speak with daily on the phone/skype/email etc...but when I visit her
room I am usually tipping to help with the flow of the room. When I can't tip for
whatever reason I just tip offline to make up for it. Why would you want to visit
her room on MFC if you never really interacted there in the first place is the question
you should ask yourself. If you want to see her naked etc and she says go for it
then by all means do it....just make sure you have tokens for your friend.

i have plenty of real life friends dropping by in my mfc room...
as long a you don't obviously state that you are.. or expect to be treated differently.. i don't see the problem

Reactions: Always_Tim
SpecialK said:
Well you can see the most consistent advice given is to ask her. You're seeing this
advice repeated for a reason... it's what you should do. I do think it would be a
bit strange to lurk on MFC with your friend if you never tip and do not intend to. I
have a friend I speak with daily on the phone/skype/email etc...but when I visit her
room I am usually tipping to help with the flow of the room. When I can't tip for
whatever reason I just tip offline to make up for it. Why would you want to visit
her room on MFC if you never really interacted there in the first place is the question
you should ask yourself. If you want to see her naked etc and she says go for it
then by all means do it....just make sure you have tokens for your friend.

Yes.

If you're going to visit her on MFC, then you should tip the same way you would with any other model.

If your friend was a plumber you'd pay her if she fixed you pipes. If she were a waitress you'd tip her if you went to her restaurant. So you should tip her for her time on MFC.

Reactions: LadyLuna and Jessi
Status
Not open for further replies.