AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Facebook Public Figure Page?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't do a Facebook page, since I found out that facebook (at least used to) sells information to any willing buyer. I read an article on NPR about a guy who got stalked, and decided to buy from Facebook all information they had. Within a week there were boxes upon boxes on his doorstep. Scared me, so I decided against it.

Meh. Facebook collects a huge amount of information on you. Target has a super-database with nearly as much information on every individual person who's ever walked through their doors. Every corporation could write a book on you. Information on everyone here is already being sold at a surprising rate; signing up for one more smutty facebook account won't add much to the flow.

Reactions: LadyLuna and Rose
Evvie said:
Meh. Facebook collects a huge amount of information on you. Target has a super-database with nearly as much information on every individual person who's ever walked through their doors. Every corporation could write a book on you. Information on everyone here is already being sold at a surprising rate; signing up for one more smutty facebook account won't add much to the flow.

Yeah, but I haven't heard of Target willingly giving away personal information for a price.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Liliana_Rayne said:
So Will facebook connect it to my personal page? I mean its not a huge deal if they do. I would just like to know.
I think in order to create a public figure page you have to use a FB account, right? If so, then you're stuck with the hassle of trying to create a legit (enough) fake account to create the PF page.

It sounds pretty complicated.

I personally hate FB with a passion. When I had a FB page for my model persona, it did me no good at all, and I was quickly banned for being to damned sexy. :D

Tigresslily said:
Evvie said:

Yeah, but I haven't heard of Target willingly giving away personal information for a price.

Actually Target does and you should assume that corporation will sell information they have collected about you unless their privacy policy explicitly prohibits it.. Europeans dealing with European companies have a tad more privacy Here is what Target, for example, says.
Sharing with Other Companies (for their marketing purposes)

We may share information with vendors, business partners and other organizations which are not part of the Target family. These companies and organizations may use the information we share to provide special offers and opportunities to you.

Of course a company like Google knows a ton about (although they are pretty careful to keep information that can identify you specifically, private), but of if company is looking to reach woman, who like massage products :mrgreen: , or webcam, or costumes Google will be happy to provide them all of your electronic information.

As one of the early internet pioneers said 15 years ago, "you have no privacy on the internet get over it." :(

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
Unless your legally change you real name, and tell no one, I wouldn't do it. I have one with 20,000+ fans. I rack in a ton of BAF tokens from it. FB has facial recognization technology. If you have a real FB with your real name, it will link the two. But you can get a pic off of MFC and find your real FB too. So again, if you have your real legal name on FB, and face pictures, you are fucked.

Liliana_Rayne said:
Well if They are going to find me anyway, whats the harm in making one? Can I deactivate my personal page?
I've tried to deactivate my personal account many times and I've never been able to.

However, I deleted all my pictures, untagged and asked my friends to remove all pictures of me, wiped my account clean and changed the name to something else.

Nordling said:
Good news, however... I finally was able to leave Farmville. :lol:

People who barely spoke to me on FB were sending me requests for Farmville, Mafia Wars, or Cafe something (forgot the name of it). I was at Walmart once, and saw that they even have gift cards for some of those games...lol.

I've never been into FB games. Just regular video games, such as the old Nintendo/Super Nintendo games, and games for Wii. I'm hooked on that Michael Jackson Wii game (had borrowed it from the library) and will be buying it soon.

Reactions: Nordling
Am I the only one who feels FB is more hassle than it's worth?

I think Megan's is super successful because aside from being an MFC girl, she has been in other more mainstream adult media like Playboy, which makes it easier to promote and gain "friends" on Facebook. I think for girls who are solely on camsites are going to find it more difficult. I started one up in the height of my social networking days (I'm not reaching out as much lately) and struggled to make much of it. So I tried posting some awesome photos and ended up banned. I had wished I didn't even bother with it in the first place.

FB tries so hard to be restricted to real life that it's difficult to assume an alternate identity there.

I agree. It's totally more hassle than it's worth unless you're more mainstream like Megan.

I started one a couple months into my camming career and was careful with pictures that I added/tweets that linked to facebook, etc. It went well, I added people and so on and was convinced that everyone was just crazy and it wasn't as scary as has been mentioned. Until one day when I was perusing my personal, completely locked-down facebook. I got a friend request from a member AND a model in one week. I promptly freaked the fuck out and deleted the secondary account then changed all identifying information from my personal facebook and deleted almost all my friends and pictures.

And honestly, all that scary stuff aside, having a twitter, a tumblr and a blog, I don't think I'd have enough time to keep up with another social networking site, especially one that's so content-restrictive.

How to Permanently Delete a Facebook Account

Account Deletion Page

Important Notes

For two weeks after you delete your account, Facebook retains your data in case you wish to reverse your decision. If you don’t log in to Facebook for two weeks, your account will be permanently deleted.

Immediately after deleting your account, clear the cache of the browser(s) you use to log in to Facebook. Doing this is another way to make sure that you don’t accidentally log in to your Facebook account or use it in the two weeks after deleting it.

Facebook provides the following disclaimer about deleting your account: "Copies of some material (photos, notes, etc.) may remain in our servers for technical reasons, but this material is disassociated from any personal identifiers and completely inaccessible to other people using Facebook." In other words, your data could remain on Facebook’s servers for a while, but it is no longer identifiable as your data, nor is anyone able to search for it. Eventually, your old data will be overwritten and forever deleted.

If you accidentally use your Facebook account within two weeks after deleting it, you’ll need to initiate the deletion process again.

Reactions: Nordling and Crumb
I say let Facebook track me.
Go ahead I dare ya.....honestly I think it is a waste of time and hard drive space to track how much I play games or post silly bloogage.
I am not really that interesting.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
Status
Not open for further replies.