AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can someone explain?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2012
From a models point of view is it possible to

1. see where your regular members have been eg in other models rooms?

2. how much they tipped? if they did

also i read something about premium members being able to "locate" their friends is this possible for models or just premium members?

There was one where someone asked about all the different things it was rumored models can do. I don't remember what all the questions were, but here's the basics:

-there's a setting in your options that will have your profile show where in the site you are

-if a model has you on her friend's list, she will know you are online, and can then click your name to get to your profile to see if you have that enabled

-a model can look at how much you have tipped her in the past, but not all your tips for every model; just the ones for herself

-if you have it set to show your reward points, we can see how much money you've spent on the site so far

-if you have it set to shwo your tokens, we can see how many tokens you have, and we can see if they go down while you're watching us without tipping

They can, below is a depiction of a model noticing one of her regulars mousing over another girl's cam preview on the homepage:
8cAG4.jpg

LadyLuna said:
there's a setting in your options that will have your profile show where in the site you are

Under profile settings for members, there is an option that you can turn on or off called Anonymity Settings: Show the "Where on Site" field on my profile page. I've never noticed this field on my profile page. I haven't seen it on other profiles either. I always thought this was just a feature that wasn't really working. So, what do you mean it will show where in the site you are? I wasn't aware that models could stalk members if they wanted to!

Swirl said:
LadyLuna said:
there's a setting in your options that will have your profile show where in the site you are

Under profile settings for members, there is an option that you can turn on or off called Anonymity Settings: Show the "Where on Site" field on my profile page. I've never noticed this field on my profile page. I haven't seen it on other profiles either. I always thought this was just a feature that wasn't really working. So, what do you mean it will show where in the site you are? I wasn't aware that models could stalk members if they wanted to!
Members stalk models and try to emotionally torture us and ruin our lives. Models can expend a lot of energy to follow a member around on MFC. The most we can usually do is see if you're online or not if you are added to our friend's list.

I wouldn't worry about it. We tend not to be the ones who stalk.

I always wonder why the doods starting these threads are so concerned with models being able to find out what they're doing on MFC.
Maybe I've just been lucky so far but of the models I frequently/semi-frequently visit, I honestly don't think even one of them would ever feel the need to "check up on my MFC activity" and none of them have ever even remotely made me feel like I need to worry about them "finding out" about me visiting or tipping another girl.

mynameisbob84 said:
I always wonder why the doods starting these threads are so concerned with models being able to find out what they're doing on MFC.
Maybe I've just been lucky so far but of the models I frequently/semi-frequently visit, I honestly don't think even one of them would ever feel the need to "check up on my MFC activity" and none of them have ever even remotely made me feel like I need to worry about them "finding out" about me visiting or tipping another girl.

When I first changed my name one of my regular models accused me of letting another model sweet talk me into it. Some models just seem to think they own the people in their rooms. Now that I know better I try to avoid those people.

Swirl said:
LadyLuna said:

It worked for all of maybe two months when I started on MFC in 2009. I have not seen that feature working since then.

If a model or member might want to find which room you are hanging out in, it can be fairly easy to figure out. Do you have favorite models listed on your profile? Easy to check each of your favorite models rooms to see if you are there. Or they could check to see if any models have posted on your profile and check those rooms. Do you have member friends listed on your profile? Do they have favorite models listed on their profiles? I think you get the picture. Maybe I should have posted this in the How to stalk people on the internet thread. :think: :lol:

Reactions: Always_Tim
Shaun__ said:
Some models just seem to think they own the people in their rooms. Now that I know better I try to avoid those people.

What are you talking about Shaun? Of course we own everyone who comes into our rooms! Right guys???!

Yeah I'm really glad there isn't a button that would mean I could see all my members tip history and where the are! We'd end up spending more time stalking members than anything else!

I'm generally not possessive. Only time I'll ever be possessive is if I'm desperate for the tokens/feeling insecure. Then at that point I want my regulars who I care about and chat to all the time to humour me and look after me. Those are the only times that when I know a regular keeps tipping other girls it'll upset me, they don't owe me anything, it's more the friend in need thing. Whenever I do feel needy, even if I don't mention it at all, I always feel guilty about it! But then I also never feel needy/possessive unless a member gives me reason to be. Like talking about tipping other models lots when they know I'm in need of tokens and don't tip me as much. I may be a camgirl, but I am still human and I still have feelings. If I could stalk members it'd be too tempting and would drive me insane!

There are models though who have realised a member isn't in their room or has seen them in my room and have flipped out at them! Basically, that kind of crap you don't need from mfc. Camgirls are allowed to be high maintenance, a little needy and very manipulative, that's part of what we are, but they should NOT hurt your feelings in the same way a girlfriend/wife might, we can try and manipulate you to our cause, but not in a nasty way, that's not our job. Camgirls are a luxury that should make you feel good. If a camgirl isn't making you feel good/letting you do what you want to do, ditch her.

I am curious as to why you're worried about this? Are you lying to camgirl friends and sneaking behind their backs? Saying you're broke then dropping massive tips on other girls? Because this is the kind of stuff that when found out (which is pretty easily done, not only could your model friend be in that room, but a member could pass it onto her), could really hurt people and would probably result in you being banned.
Models are people, yes we are not girlfriends, but we do deserve to be treated as you'd treat anyone else you get close to. And lying to them/stabbing them in the back I would hope is not how you'd treat a friend.

not dropping massive tips, just popping in different rooms. The model I am concerned about is one of those "its moving into a serious situation" stories which i won't post as you have probably heard one too many of those. I just heard through the grapevine that she blew up at another regular when she caught him in a different room and I wanted to know how that was possible.

Laserjet840 said:
not dropping massive tips, just popping in different rooms. The model I am concerned about is one of those "its moving into a serious situation" stories which i won't post as you have probably heard one too many of those. I just heard through the grapevine that she blew up at another regular when she caught him in a different room and I wanted to know how that was possible.
She probably just saw him in another room, or he told her.

Laserjet840 said:
Didn't tell her

and she wigged out bad
Laserjet, I'm not sure what you mean by "its moving into a serious situation", but all other things being equal I would recommend you stop spending time with this model. If she is making you uncomfortable or hurting your experience on MFC, there is no reason to waste your money or energy on a model that will "wig out" on you for talking to another woman.

If this model is your wife or mother, I can understand why she would be upset that you are seeing other women. Otherwise, that behavior isn't often smiled upon.

Laserjet840 said:

Is she a Romanian model by any chance? :?

Reactions: Just Me
Isabella_deL said:
Models are people, yes we are not girlfriends, but we do deserve to be treated as you'd treat anyone else you get close to. And lying to them/stabbing them in the back I would hope is not how you'd treat a friend.

i couldn't agree more...but isn't that an issue of interpersonal ethics that doesn't accurately reflect activity on the site? It may be an good way to define the difference between "friends" and "regulars" however...or some similiar distinction that speaks to what is a very real objectification of models by many members on the site who can be both nice guys, and generous ones

case in point....a regular in a model's room. i consider her to be a friend, but had never talked to the guy...seem nice and generous in chat tho....about 2 months ago he'd been in PM with her about the 2700 tokens he had and the private he wanted....when the site crashed.....he was offline maybe 5 minutes and she was gone maybe 10....she didn't open her room for another 10 and PMd me a few minutes before she did.....this regular has taken his tokens to another model

to me personally, it was wtf, an insult to a friend that i felt personally...and she knew that, but it didn't make the truth of it any easier....she's a model in camland, and guys are free to choose when and how they spend their tokens....loyalty, admiration, respect....none of these things are a LASTING requirement to a guy being in a model's room....they come and goes as the wind blows

probably off topic, but that sentence you wrote reminded me of that incident.

:twocents-02cents:

bob said:
Isabella_deL said:

i couldn't agree more...but isn't that an issue of interpersonal ethics that doesn't accurately reflect activity on the site? It may be an good way to define the difference between "friends" and "regulars" however...or some similiar distinction that speaks to what is a very real objectification of models by many members on the site who can be both nice guys, and generous ones

case in point....a regular in a model's room. i consider her to be a friend, but had never talked to the guy...seem nice and generous in chat tho....about 2 months ago he'd been in PM with her about the 2700 tokens he had and the private he wanted....when the site crashed.....he was offline maybe 5 minutes and she was gone maybe 10....she didn't open her room for another 10 and PMd me a few minutes before she did.....this regular has taken his tokens to another model

to me personally, it was wtf, an insult to a friend that i felt personally...and she knew that, but it didn't make the truth of it any easier....she's a model in camland, and guys are free to choose when and how they spend their tokens....loyalty, admiration, respect....none of these things are a LASTING requirement to a guy being in a model's room....they come and goes as the wind blows

Actually I feel in cases like these that they upset me, it's a bit more of a "wtf?" sometimes say I'm going to be coming online in 5 minutes time and a regular knows this, yet won't bother to wait so will tip all his tokens first waiting for me, and then freeload in the room. Sometimes members seem to feel that because I don't have a particular video they want to buy that it's ok to freeload on my room while they buy another girls video, yet continue watching my show! If they don't want to buy a video, fair enough, but buying one from another girls room then coming back to my room straight after and are clearly watching is plain rude! Kind of like going and sitting in a restaurant, not ordering anything and then popping across the street and buying a sandwich/drink from someone else!
Evvie said:
Laserjet840 wrote:
Didn't tell her

and she wigged out bad

Laserjet, I'm not sure what you mean by "its moving into a serious situation", but all other things being equal I would recommend you stop spending time with this model. If she is making you uncomfortable or hurting your experience on MFC, there is no reason to waste your money or energy on a model that will "wig out" on you for talking to another woman.

Ok to be honest I don't know your situation, but are you dating this woman/is it implied that you're about to meet up? I had a similar situation recently where I dated a member, he wasn't rich, kept saying how poor her was etc, and then I saw him drop a big tip in another girls room. Of course I was furious/hurt/upset and whatever we might have had will not come back. So yes, if you're dating her, going and tipping another model a large amount behind her back is a serious insult, an insult to her camming, an insult to your relationship, generally you're hitting her right where it hurts. If you're not in a relationship of any kind, well, depends on whether you're pretending you're poor in her room then dropping loads in another girls room. If you're not doing that, then she can be upset, and you should be tactful, but it's not a big issue. If she's going to be seriously possessive over you continuously then leave.

bob said:
Isabella_deL said:

I love watching hair dye get washed out, because of the way the colored water streaming over a beautiful naked woman looks. I had been waiting months for this model to do a prearranged show, and she texted me one day to ask what time I would be home so everything would be timed out right. I found out after I got home she had decided to do it while I was still at work. Lack of loyalty is sadly common.

Shaun__ said:
I love watching hair dye get washed out, because of the way the colored water streaming over a beautiful naked woman looks. I had been waiting months for this model to do a prearranged show, and she texted me one day to ask what time I would be home so everything would be timed out right. I found out after I got home she had decided to do it while I was still at work. Lack of loyalty is sadly common.

Too true, that really sucks. I'm a pretty loyal person, even when it's not returned, so I guess it's where my a lot of my values lie.

I've never thought of the hair dye thing, it can be pretty cool, I would say I'm going to probably be re dying my hair again soon, but just a darker brown rather than cool colours, so probably no fun to watch!

Laserjet840 said:

There a few ways a model can find this out. None are built into the models software, they all take stalking or like in your situation, they hear it through the grapevine. Model can have a basic, premium account or just guesting and they are in the room when it happens. They know the other model your friend tipped. Both the models might work in the same studio. Another member saw this tip in the other models room and talked to the model you know. If it was a big enough tip the word might have gotten around through the grapevine. All of those situations have happened to me with various degrees of uncomfortableness. :lol:

If this is "moving into a serious situation", why would it matter what her reaction was to your "friends" situation? The relationship between them is not yours. Do you not know how she would react if it was you? The easiest and best way to find out how she found out and why she reacted the way she did would be to ask her. You know, talk to the person you are getting serious with. :twocents-02cents:

Jupiter551 said:
mynameisbob84 said:
Is she a Romanian model by any chance? :?
:naughty: no generalisations please!

To clarify, I'm not suggesting that it's always a Romanian model involved in these instances, but rather alluding the high volume of threads started on this forum in which some dood wants to know if a Romanian model is really in love with him or not :)

Reactions: missmeowmixx
im completely convinced that 90 percent of all mfc models are deeply and secretly in love with me, but unwilling to admit to it since it would violate the model code or something like that :p the romanians are so insanely in love with me that if it werent for that code half of the country would be seeking visa's to move here

I've been banned before by model "friends" who see that I am online but not in their room. Oh well, only 1,300 other models online for me to choose from now. :crybaby:

Status
Not open for further replies.